Texas Will Turn Blue

I would vote for disbanding your local police department because criminals will be criminals anyway.

That's... um... stupid, but never mind, I was forgetting who I was talking to.

The War on Drugs has caused more problems than it has solved, that's the thing.
How old are you? 10?
The druggies fell for the Reagan/Moynihan 1980 game of blocking them from Wall Street and accepting public assistance.

No.....I hope Texas will never turn blue!
NEVER!
Oh it will and it's coming very soon.
I do wonder how many Republicans realize this, and what it means.
The democrats will gain the presidency for 8 years. The republicans will make some fundamental changes to make up those EC votes somewhere else. The partisans will not notice because the what the party says is gospel truth even if it was utterly contradictory with the position that they had last year and the duopoly will continue as it has for a century.

I am curious what you think think it will mean? It is not the first time that a major state has flipped and will not be the last.

NEVER!
The democrats will gain the presidency for 8 years. The republicans will make some fundamental changes to make up those EC votes somewhere else. The partisans will not notice because the what the party says is gospel truth even if it was utterly contradictory with the position that they had last year and the duopoly will continue as it has for a century.

I am curious what you think think it will mean? It is not the first time that a major state has flipped and will not be the last.
Well, first and foremost are the electoral votes in the short term, and 38 of those in an evenly-divided election most likely would make a big difference. That's a 76 EC swing right there.

Aside from that, Texas is a symbol of the changing demographics of the country. If there were some indication that the GOP was addressing that in earnest, it might be different. But that's not happening.

NEVER!

Well, first and foremost are the electoral votes in the short term, and 38 of those in an evenly-divided election most likely would make a big difference. That's a 76 EC swing right there.

Aside from that, Texas is a symbol of the changing demographics of the country. If there were some indication that the GOP was addressing that in earnest, it might be different. But that's not happening.
Yes, it is a big swing. It was a big swing when they went red too. CA was a big swing when it went solidly blue.

Still not seeing what you actually think it means - the above is a cop out.

As far as demographics, that has always been a red haring IMHO. As the demographics of the nation change so will the voting habits of those individual groups of people. It is easy to corral the votes of a small minority of people. As that group occupies an ever increasing portion of the population (and thereby an ever increasing cross section of American experience) their voting habits will even out more and more. I see no reason that changing demographics will not also mean changing voting habits for the group at large.

NEVER!

Yes, it is a big swing. It was a big swing when they went red too. CA was a big swing when it went solidly blue.

As far as demographics, that has always been a red haring IMHO. As the demographics of the nation change so will the voting habits of those individual groups of people. It is easy to corral the votes of a small minority of people. As that group occupies an ever increasing portion of the population (and thereby an ever increasing cross section of American experience) their voting habits will even out more and more. I see no reason that changing demographics will not also mean changing voting habits for the group at large.
Not copping out, that was my main point. Electoral votes are the top short term reason. Seems pretty obvious.

Yes, voting habits can change. But Romney won Texas by 15.8% in 2012, Trump won Texas by 9 in 2016.

So I guess we'll see.

Not copping out, that was my main point. Electoral votes are the top short term reason. Seems pretty obvious.

Yes, voting habits can change. But Romney won Texas by 15.8% in 2012, Trump won Texas by 9 in 2016.

So I guess we'll see.
If the short term EC change was all it meant then why the rather ominous sounding question. Wondering if the republicans understand what it means certainly sounds like you think there is more than short term obvious fallout.

What Romney won TX by and Trump says nothing about demographics on its own.

this is why we are going to build a big beautiful wall

gives us a few more decades before the idiots take over

trump is president.

the idiots have already taken over.

do you really believe there were airports during the revolutionary war?

So I guess we'll see.
If the short term EC change was all it meant then why the rather ominous sounding question.
Well, for the two reasons I provided. Short term and long term electoral implications.

If that's not good enough, I guess I'll just have to somehow find a way to carry on.

So I guess we'll see.
If the short term EC change was all it meant then why the rather ominous sounding question.
Well, for the two reasons I provided. Short term and long term electoral implications.

If that's not good enough, I guess I'll just have to somehow find a way to carry on.
lol.

I figured there was more to it than that.

Nope......the Democrat's appetite for drugs.

First, do you think most drug addicts have a political affiliation?
Second, drug addiction crosses all racial, political and economic demographics....

So why does Rush Limbaugh get rehab and Jamal Washington deserve jail time?
There are many minority people who have not been given jail time for drugs. Just like all of the rapists and pecophiles with most of them being Progs who have gotten away with it for many decades. The women biatching in Hollywood are aging or getting older and are not as supple and are getting less work so are bitter. They did not mind the fornicating when it got them work. The kids being molested are also to be blamed on their parents for letting them come near these freaks. Don't worry...the near 90% of making a TV show, film or movie of Christians being evil and a cult will give you peaceful solace. The drug war is against small time sellers and users. And you don't want anything done to stop the big time sellers.

What's been happening is that people are fleeing states like CA to reap the benefits of states like TX where taxes are low and government interference in the private lives of people is kept in check.

Again, I think you are bit confused. Businesses are going to TX because the government there lets them rape the environment and worker's rights.

But then they all seem to forget why they left states like CA and proceed to turn whatever state they move to into the very thing they ran from in the first place

You mean they realize that they had it good where they came from, and try to make where they live a decent place.
And yet they don't move back to CA where it's sooooo great do they?

My point is that things change. California is a blue lock state. Texas is red lock state. That's the reality right now. But it wasn't always true, and it won't always be true going forward.
While it is true that Texas was solid blue until the late 1970s, the Democrat Party had yet to be completely overrun by communists. The Dems were still fairly "conservative" when the Dems dominated Texas.

Exactly. Things changed. And things will continue to change. Change is always happening.
They are only changing one way.

Don’t matter we will have conflict, we will kick Latinos ass.. they will
Leave

The problem is they will have a lot of help from other Democrats.

That's bound to create a Civil War.... Where Russia, and China win.

On the inverse, the country will die without a Civil War... To become an arm of Latin America, where Democrats are king, and the economy & standard of living tanks too.

The Globalists really messed up the USA, I can't see how we can effective get out of this, without being damaged severely.
There won't be a civil war, or anything approaching it.

If people don't like the direction is going, they'll have to use their minds, not their guns, to change it.
That is not what the 60s radicals did and that is not the right will do.

There will be right wing terrorism and once the right mostly supports that terrorism the left will cower until the entire country is retaken by the right one neighborhood, one city, and one state at a time.

Pretty interesting to see how many red states are growing way more diverse. Texas will soon join Virginia as a state that was solid red but is changing blue. The majority of high school graduates in Texas are Hispanic. Georgia is going in the same direction, as is North Carolina which already has a Democratic governor. Florida looks like a state ready to go totally blue next election cycle
I think the blue to see in the future is gun smoke drifting across the hills.

There are many minority people who have not been given jail time for drugs. Just like all of the rapists and pecophiles with most of them being Progs who have gotten away with it for many decades. The women biatching in Hollywood are aging or getting older and are not as supple and are getting less work so are bitter. They did not mind the fornicating when it got them work. The kids being molested are also to be blamed on their parents for letting them come near these freaks. Don't worry...the near 90% of making a TV show, film or movie of Christians being evil and a cult will give you peaceful solace. The drug war is against small time sellers and users. And you don't want anything done to stop the big time sellers.

You avoided the question.

One more time. If Drugs are so eeeeeeeevil, then why did Rush Limbaugh just get rehab,and some poor black kid gets jail?

There will be right wing terrorism and once the right mostly supports that terrorism the left will cower until the entire country is retaken by the right one neighborhood, one city, and one state at a time.
Okay, Rambo.

I'd love to know who's filling your head with this stuff, but I suspect you'll tell me you're an independent thinker.

-------------------------------- we don't use real military and real military power and force JoeB .

Yeah, the day the Military shoots a family trying to run across the border will be the worst day for the armed forces, which is why they want no part of this.
--------------------------- doesn't matter what they WANT , they are all 'volunteer' jobs paid to do as told . And preserving the USA Sovereignty and Borders would be their number 'one' job JoeB .

Forum List

Back