Thank you, President Trump

The President's meeting with legislators yesterday about gun control was a stunner:
Ban bumpstocks, Fix NICS, support ERPO's, raise age to buy assault weapons to 21. I was particularly impressed that he pushed the Republicans to cut the CCW reciprocity bill from the mix. It would never pass, is right.

Not much discussion on ol' USMB about this that I could see. The Conservatives are embarrassed? and the Democrats can't bring themselves to say something positive about Trump? I dunno, but I think it is really noteworthy, if only because it's the first time I've been able to warmly and 100% applaud our President.

Thank you, Mr. President. Stick to your guns, as they say.

So, you're not a fan of the right of Due Process in the Constitution?
I'm going to say it again, Thanks, President Trump, for supporting common sense gun laws.
"common sense" = shitting on the law :rolleyes:

Oldlady thinks common sense policy is to strip away basic human and civil rights. Can you believe that shit? All for agenda.. Sad

Actually, an ERPO law would have allowed the police to take his weapons before Feb 14. The bump stock law would have brought down the death/injury count in Vegas. Nothing wrong with either of those things in my book.

I've heard that paddock had a class III license and an M249 in the room on a tripod. I could care less about bump stocks.
Does an M249 shoot 90 rounds in 10 seconds?

Not sure.

Theoretically 725 rounds a minute, so I suppose.

You can't keep that fire rate up, because of barrel heat.

85 rpm is sustained fire max.

Btw, OldLady, that's a full automatic military weapon in current use.

Just to sort of show how loony people look when they talk about AR-15s firing 800 rounds a minute.

Squad Automatic Weapon (SAW), M249 Light Machine Gun
There ya go again...NRA NRA NRA!!!!!!!!!! You're redundant

You're not going to get a gun ban....bank it
I think that people are realizing just how much power this one group has ... At this point it is not so much about a ban, it is about taking our power back which could almost start a civil war ..People have looked the other way for too long.

Unlike the voices we hear on social media, the vast majority of the country would not fight over this. I live in gun country. They may not like the word "ban," but AR's aren't their thing. Grab your shotgun to protect your home. Use a hunting rifle in deer season. That's how it is. No one opposes background checks that I've run into.

Oh stop with your "I live in gun country but.... they don't like ARs..." It's BS
Okay, so tell me all about it, gated community bitch.

Jealous you cranky old crab? I don't believe your statement for one moment.
Then listen to your troll buddy.

Does an M249 shoot 90 rounds in 10 seconds?

Not sure.

Just to sort of show how loony people look when they talk about AR-15s firing 800 rounds a minute.

Unlike the voices we hear on social media, the vast majority of the country would not fight over this. I live in gun country. They may not like the word "ban," but AR's aren't their thing. Grab your shotgun to protect your home. Use a hunting rifle in deer season. That's how it is. No one opposes background checks that I've run into.

Oh stop with your "I live in gun country but.... they don't like ARs..." It's BS

I just tried to debunk it but it looks like she is right. They have one of the highest rates of gun ownership in the country. Also, this. I dont know how true it is but here it is nonetheless.
AR-15 rifles rare in Maine, firearms enthusiasts report

I'm not questioning gun ownership I'm questioning her claim "ARs are not their thing" wtf she do take a survey?
Count on Sassy to ignore the facts. It's what she does.

The President's meeting with legislators yesterday about gun control was a stunner:
Ban bumpstocks, Fix NICS, support ERPO's, raise age to buy assault weapons to 21. I was particularly impressed that he pushed the Republicans to cut the CCW reciprocity bill from the mix. It would never pass, is right.

Not much discussion on ol' USMB about this that I could see. The Conservatives are embarrassed? and the Democrats can't bring themselves to say something positive about Trump? I dunno, but I think it is really noteworthy, if only because it's the first time I've been able to warmly and 100% applaud our President.

I'm going to say it again, Thanks, President Trump, for supporting common sense gun laws.

So, you're not a fan of the right of Due Process in the Constitution? Subjugating people's Constitutional rights is considered common sense, in your opinion? That's the same argument conservatives make when they defend abuses by law enforcement

[QU
Not sure.

I just tried to debunk it but it looks like she is right. They have one of the highest rates of gun ownership in the country. Also, this. I dont know how true it is but here it is nonetheless.
AR-15 rifles rare in Maine, firearms enthusiasts report

I'm not questioning gun ownership I'm questioning her claim "ARs are not their thing" wtf she do take a survey?
Count on Sassy to ignore the facts. It's what she does.

I don't see any AR15 ownership figures from Maine...of course with moon bats like you they wouldn't tell you anyway.

The problem is this ridiculous proposal from Trump offers no indication as to how this is enforced, even what the process is.

And this only works on people with a documented history, not like the Vegas shooter who had no documented history.

Sounds to me like Conservatives are saying that everyone should have to undergo a mental health evaluation before getting a gun.

So, you're not a fan of the right of Due Process in the Constitution? Subjugating people's Constitutional rights is considered common sense, in your opinion? That's the same argument conservatives make when they defend abuses by law enforcement
See Post #41. And then try actually reading up on the ERPO laws, if you haven't already.

We know what he meant.....

You guys tend to expand on what he means and twist it till its unrecognizable.

We know what he meant.....

You guys tend to expand on what he means and twist it till its unrecognizable.

In what way did I twist his words?

Oldlady I actually thought that he was being sincere when he spoke to the kids even though he had notes in his hand.

I am sure that the NRA and paid off GOP are having panic attacks.

Photoshop is a very useful tool for the dishonest.

Were you impressed with his tariff talk today too?? DOW off 500 businesses up in arms There goes your tax break

The vast majority of you are still ignoring the fact that these are the President's ideas and the majority of Americans agree with him (and me). They are pretty modest "fixes," all in all. IMO, you look pretty stupid screeching about Constitutional rights. Chicken Little's.

Were you impressed with his tariff talk today too?? DOW off 500 businesses up in arms There goes your tax break

Back off, Eddie. I was very specific in my OP

The vast majority of you are still ignoring the fact that these are the President's ideas and the majority of Americans agree with him (and me). They are pretty modest "fixes," all in all. IMO, you look pretty stupid screeching about Constitutional rights. Chicken Little's.

YOU look pretty weak screeching against Constitutional rights.

The same dice that is rolled every time an illegal or Muslim enters the country, that dice?

No, it's not the same dice. In fact, you snowflakes are the ones who are killing people in this country, not illegals or Muslims.
Why, each move saves lives, or should I say does not save lives. Disarming Americans will lead to more crime, and more illegals and people with a culture they refuse to give up will lead to more deaths.

Banning bumpstocks is like farting in the wind. No one really cares but the makers of the bump stocks. The same effect is easily mimicked. We definitely need to fix the NICS, that we all can agree on. Raising the age to 21 is just wrong and stupid. It won't stop a single shooter and it infringes on our rights. Hopefully, all he can get is the fix for NICS, that's the only productive thing in his plan. Everything else is ignorant garbage.

Yes....ask the democrats what they got from their meeting with him on DACA....see how much of this holds up in Congress too.....

And...please....oldlady, explain how any of these would have stopped the mass shooter...since the police could have arrested him 39 times and the FBI had clear reason to bring him in at least twice......

So....you support everything that won't stop the next mass shooter, and yet you expect us to treat you as an intelligent, thoughtful individual?

Actually, an ERPO law would have allowed the police to take his weapons before Feb 14. The bump stock law would have brought down the death/injury count in Vegas. Nothing wrong with either of those things in my book.

An ERPO law is a dangerous overreach of government, and the bump stock law, as you have probably been told many times now, would not have done anything since it can be easily mimicked.

If anyone cares to read what an ERPO is and what the President meant (actually a Judge has to sign off on the Order BEFORE the weapons are taken) here is one article. There are plenty if you don't like that one.

Once an ERPO has been filed, a court must find clear and convincing evidence that an individual is threatening harm to self or others, before the court can order the respondent to temporarily surrender any guns to the police. The respondent will not be able to buy, sell, or possess other firearms for a temporary period of time.

Penny Okamoto, executive director of Ceasefire Oregon explained the ERPO due process protections. “To protect the rights of the respondent, the bill establishes procedures for the respondent to request a hearing. The burden of proof is on the petitioner to show clear and convincing evidence.” Okamoto added, “ERPOs are not to be taken lightly. False applications ERPO or violation of ERPO is punishable by one year’s imprisonment, $6,250 fine or both.”
SB 719 Extreme Risk Protection Order Passes House

Forum List

Back