Thank you, President Trump

The President's meeting with legislators yesterday about gun control was a stunner:
Ban bumpstocks, Fix NICS, support ERPO's, raise age to buy assault weapons to 21. I was particularly impressed that he pushed the Republicans to cut the CCW reciprocity bill from the mix. It would never pass, is right.

Not much discussion on ol' USMB about this that I could see. The Conservatives are embarrassed? and the Democrats can't bring themselves to say something positive about Trump? I dunno, but I think it is really noteworthy, if only because it's the first time I've been able to warmly and 100% applaud our President.

Thank you, Mr. President. Stick to your guns, as they say.

You. Are. A. Useful. Idiot.

What the man says ( which has probably just occurred to him in the moment ) is almost never what he ends up doing. In fact, his will hardly moves anyone other than those who support him. None of those people are in Congress.

As I've said before, you seem like a very nice person. But if you think that meeting was anything but a complete train wreck, you deserve harsh criticism.

Okay. Why harsh criticism, again? For saying something positive about Trump?
Today or last night the NRA rep met with Trump again and came out with a tweet that Trump is not in favor of gun control, that he supports the 2nd Amendment. That doesn't change a thing Trump said Wednesday, since none of his suggestions take guns away, except in the case of individuals so disturbed that they are posing a clear risk to themselves or others. And even that "emergency" move must be signed off on by a judge first.

The President's meeting with legislators yesterday about gun control was a stunner:
Ban bumpstocks, Fix NICS, support ERPO's, raise age to buy assault weapons to 21. I was particularly impressed that he pushed the Republicans to cut the CCW reciprocity bill from the mix. It would never pass, is right.

Not much discussion on ol' USMB about this that I could see. The Conservatives are embarrassed? and the Democrats can't bring themselves to say something positive about Trump? I dunno, but I think it is really noteworthy, if only because it's the first time I've been able to warmly and 100% applaud our President.

What the man says ( which has probably just occurred to him in the moment ) is almost never what he ends up doing. In fact, his will hardly moves anyone other than those who support him. None of those people are in Congress.

As I've said before, you seem like a very nice person. But if you think that meeting was anything but a complete train wreck, you deserve harsh criticism.

Today or last night the NRA rep met with Trump again and came out with a tweet that Trump is not in favor of gun control, that he supports the 2nd Amendment. That doesn't change a thing Trump said Wednesday, since none of his suggestions take guns away, except in the case of individuals so disturbed that they are posing a clear risk to themselves or others. And even that "emergency" move must be signed off on by a judge first.

Because you thought for yourself and fell out of lockstep. :1peleas:

Such is the way, these days.

No, not for saying something positive about Trump.

Rather, for believing Trump, someone dishonest and a proven liar.

NRA’s Top Lobbyist Implies Trump Is Back On Its Side
“POTUS & VPOTUS support the Second Amendment,” the NRA’s Chris Cox tweets.

You must know that I find you endearing and sweet, but please stop drinking the Trump kool-aid. Like you I thought this moronic simp had some how saw the importance of gun safety for our kids and finally has the balls to really do something....that was until on that same day, this lying mf knew all this news would break ABOUT HIS CORRUPT ASS so tries the old let's detracts the retards move....Starting with Sessions being attacked and finally fought back, Hope was resigning after he verbally attacked her for being honest, his son in law and daughter is about as crooked as he is, Mueller's investigation is closing in with wanting to know about the Session's attacks and on and on and on....TRUMP AIN'T USE TO SHIT HITTING THE FAN MID-WEEK!!

This is how it goes when you're an Independent sometimes. Both sides chew your ass. But it's okay. I like it when liberals share their reasoning, too. It doesn't hurt my feelings at all.

Oldlady thinks common sense policy is to strip away basic human and civil rights. Can you believe that shit? All for agenda.. Sad

A lot of Americans will agree with her too. They'd rather have false sense of security than freedom.

It's a damn shame. I choose freedom over convenience and people losing rights.

I bought a gun when I was 18.

Future young men will not have that privilege, sad.
You said you bought your first gun at 13. Rode home with it on your bicycle. Saved $ from your paper route or something. Said you're still using it.

My mom bought it for me with money I had earned. I didn't say all that. :eusa_naughty: I bought the 1st gun by myself when I was 18.
You most certainly did say all that. Do you think I dream up shit about you? I'm not hunting for it, but you most certainly did say all that.

I you really want to raise the age to buy a gun, the raise the age to draft kids into the military and raise the age of voting.

I you really want to raise the age to buy a gun, the raise the age to draft kids into the military and raise the age of voting.

I don't really see the sense/reasoning behind raising the age to 21, except it already is that way for handguns, apparently (I didn't know that) so it makes sense that the age would be the same for all guns. I guess that's the reasoning. Mass shooters aren't for the most part people who just haven't "matured," and keeping handguns out of the hands of teenagers in Chicago doesn't seem to be working so well, so it's not a big one on my list.

Forum List

Back