That's the Kind of Man Mitt Romney is

Are you off your meds again? Personal responsibility is in the conservative wheelhouse. Obama blames everyone but himself for his failures. Truth. :thup:

Obama could be right. Everyone else is to be blamed for putting him in the White House.

Yeah, I figured those inconvenient truths would bother you.

Isn't it amazing how Obama is to blame for nothing. He takes credit for killing bin Laden, but Hillary takes the bullet for him getting an ambassador killed. I'm sure if we look hard enough, it will be Bush's fault.

Isn't it amazing that when right wingers get busted in lies by omission like the one that I caught they can't just take personal responsibility for it, admit their lie, and set the record straight?

A little enlightenment to set the record straight.

A Presidency Squandered - Victor Davis Hanson - National Review Online

Yeah, I figured those inconvenient truths would bother you.

Isn't it amazing how Obama is to blame for nothing. He takes credit for killing bin Laden, but Hillary takes the bullet for him getting an ambassador killed. I'm sure if we look hard enough, it will be Bush's fault.

Isn't it amazing that when right wingers get busted in lies by omission like the one that I caught they can't just take personal responsibility for it, admit their lie, and set the record straight?

Here are some of the things Barak Obama has blamed for the financial mess he can't seem to do anything about:

The Tea Party
Political gridlock
ATM machines
Republicans
Paul Ryan
Eric Cantor
John Boehner
The Tsunami in Japan
Greece
Italy
Too little government spending (no really, he did say this.)
Too few taxes
The debt debate
George W. Bush
Standard and Poor's
Wealthy people who want to keep what they earned
Oil companies
Ireland
Slurpees
Portugal
The War in Iraq
The War in Afghanistan
The heat wave in the midwest
Health care costs
A lack of government subsidized green energy
Math errors
Corporate jet owners
The Gulf oil spill
Millionaires and billionaires
Rich fat cats
Wall Street
Hedge fund managers
Some car that can't get out of the ditch
The debt limit
Congress and their resistance to spending more on stimulus programs
Vacationing in Las Vegas
The American form of representative democracy
People who don't eat their peas
Everything else in the world except Timothy Geithner and himself
Those People and Things Obama has Blamed for the Financial Mess

Our Founders designed a system that makes it more difficult to bring about change than I would like sometimes.” Obama Blames Founding Fathers - President Obama - Fox Nation

Are you off your meds again? Personal responsibility is in the conservative wheelhouse. Obama blames everyone but himself for his failures. Truth. :thup:

He hasn't failed. That's the part that you don't get.

Uh-huh.....sure.....OK. Check for polyps while your head is up there.

I'm gonna have to go with Rin-tin-tin on this one: "He hasn't failed."

If his objective is the redistribution of wealth, of establishing radical Islamist domination in the Middle East, and removing strong leaders who leaned our way.....

...he gets top scores!

Actually, you're right. He's has made this nation far worse than it was when he started. And since that was his goal he succeeded spectacularly to the detriment of all of us.

About 20,000 American GI's died in Vietnam in the 30 months Romney was hanging out in France, trying to talk people into joining a racist church.

Wasn't that the same time Billy Bob Clinton was touring the Soviet Union and blowing his scholarship from Oxford? Or was it the same time Algore was serving for a whole 2 months at the rear lines with body guards before getting out to go to Divinity school and flunking out? And the haughty John Kerry, wasn't that the time he was getting a Purple Heart for having a kernel of rice stuck in his ass after he scored a hit on an unguarded pile of it... what a joke you are.
That's different. Somehow. It just is!

Gore and Kerry actually served, so yeah, it's different.

Bill Clinton- not a rich guy- opposed the war and stated his intent to file as a contientious objector if drafted.

Romney was all for the war... as long as poor people were fighting it.

Wasn't that the same time Billy Bob Clinton was touring the Soviet Union and blowing his scholarship from Oxford? Or was it the same time Algore was serving for a whole 2 months at the rear lines with body guards before getting out to go to Divinity school and flunking out? And the haughty John Kerry, wasn't that the time he was getting a Purple Heart for having a kernel of rice stuck in his ass after he scored a hit on an unguarded pile of it... what a joke you are.

Bill Clinton- not a rich guy- opposed the war and stated his intent to file as a contientious objector if drafted.

You people are really throwing everything at the wall finding out what sticks. :eusa_whistle:

I'm gonna have to go with Rin-tin-tin on this one: "He hasn't failed."

If his objective is the redistribution of wealth, of establishing radical Islamist domination in the Middle East, and removing strong leaders who leaned our way.....

...he gets top scores!

How cute!! Oofus and Doofus stick together.

Actually, you're right. He's has made this nation far worse than it was when he started. And since that was his goal he succeeded spectacularly to the detriment of all of us.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

You people are really throwing everything at the wall finding out what sticks. :eusa_whistle:

Or not.

The person who responded listed three people. Gore, Kerry and Clinton.

Yes, all three of them got special consideration that Joe from Chicago might not have gotten. (although a lot of average joes did get special consideration. I knew guys who paid bribes to get slots in the IL ARNG so they wouldn't go to Vietnam.

If you have been following my posts, I've been very critical of John Kerry's conduct during the war and afterwards. Absolutely. Some of the stuff he did was unacceptable. But he went.

Romney didn't.

Now, the ironic thing is, every oppurtunity we've had to elect a Vietnam Vet as president, we've passed on. - Gore, Kerry, McCain. As opposed to that period between Ike and Bush-41, where every one of them had some connection to WWII.

Kerry's motive was to get in and get out as fast as he could so he could become an antiwar activist.

Ahhhh, I'm not so sure about that.

It seems to me that when Kerry went, when public opinion hadn't really turned against the war, he had hoped to be "the new JFK from MA" with Patrol Boat service.

Now he was a shameless oppurtunist after the war, and what he said about the vets was unforgivable.

Kerry and Romney are both kind of alike. They are both trying to "etch-a-sketch" their pasts.

Romney is a good man who gives of himself without thought to publicity. What the progressives hate isn't that he is a bad man it is that they cant believe he is... Why? Because they are not good people in the same way and they don't understand it. They can't understand doing something altruistic.

Romney is a good man who gives of himself without thought to publicity. What the progressives hate isn't that he is a bad man it is that they cant believe he is... Why? Because they are not good people in the same way and they don't understand it. They can't understand doing something altruistic.

If his charity went beyond his own cult, I might be a little more impressed.

And frankly, Al Capone ran soup kitchens during the Great Depression. It hardly erases all the bad stuff he did.

Romney and his way of doing business is why we need so much charity in this country now. Because he and his ilk destroyed the middle class.

People don't want charity, they want jobs. Jobs he's moved overseas, downsized and turned into McJobs with no benefits.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_Sv-hgDowE]The Romney Boys Mysteries with Fred Willard - YouTube[/ame]

Sorry, moron, I don't have a messiah. Now get back to your tv dinner and the Fox machine.

I'm using your very own chart that you supplied
4.90 trillion in 8 years under Bush
4.73 trillion in 3 years under Obama

That is some serious spending in 3 years, you would have to agree, or you are being dishonest in your answer

Actually, without acknowledging the astronomical difference in deficit inherited and the overall state of the economy when assuming office, your post is the one that's dishonest.

Also, the number from whatever chart you guys are using is wrong too. The debt increased by 6.1 trillion under Bush.

Government - Historical Debt Outstanding - Annual 2000 - 2010

Government Spending and debt .... let's take a look.
Note: This does NOT include taxpayer dollars towards the cost for Cash For Clunkers, nor the Cash For Appliance Rebate, neither of which provided ANY additional jobs to the economy. Also if you are thinking about buying a Chevrolet Volt, your eligibility for the $7500 Federal rebate. With other rebates, combined, this is as much at $12,500 in government incentives on one car that many expect will MSRP for over $40,000. That didn't go over well either, as Chevy had to stop production in a desperate effort to sell off their growing inventory (must be the blowing up of the car's battery on impact, not the most "POPULAR" option when buying a car these days).

Yet, I thought this administration boasted they were to provide government spending towards JOBS and the Economy, not providing favors? So much for this President's remarks that: "this administration will not cater towards special interest groups or lobbyists".

Solyndra (solar panel manufacturer)
Self-interested parties: Democrat contributors George Kaiser, Steven Spinner & David Prend

Energy Dept. kept layoffs secret - November 15, 2011
"The Obama administration, which gave the solar company Solyndra a half-billion-dollar loan to help create jobs, asked the company to delay announcing it would lay off workers until after the hotly contested November 2010 midterm elections that imperiled Democratic control of Congress, newly released e-mails show."

WH rejects subpoena request for documents - November 4, 2011
"President Obama's attorney sent a letter to Congressional investigators on Friday, saying the White House would not cooperate with a subpoena requesting documents related to its doling out a $535 million loan guarantee to now bankrupt solar panel manufacturer Solyndra."

Executive bonuses before bankruptcy - November 4, 2011
"Solyndra executives were awarded quarterly bonuses worth up to $60,000 apiece earlier this year as the California solar-panel company headed for bankruptcy, court documents show."

DOE almost gave them another $469 million - October 5, 2011
"Newly released e-mails show the Obama administration’s Energy Department was poised to give Solyndra a second taxpayer loan of $469 million last year, even as the company’s financial situation grew increasingly dire."

Violated loan 2010, got more money 2011 - September 28, 2011
"The U.S. Department of Energy learned in December that Solyndra was violating its federal loan deal, but the agency changed the loan terms to allow the solar company to continue receiving taxpayer funds, federal officials confirmed Wednesday." [Chu accepts responsibility for loan modification.]

Solyndra simply the beginning

Beacon Power Corporation (energy storage company)
Self-interested parties: Democrat contributors Bill Capp, Matthew Polimeno & James Spiezio
(owes the Energy Department $39.1 million and the state of Massachusetts $3.45 million)

Another Obama "green energy" bankruptcy - November 1, 2011
"Just two days after the Administration announced its review of Energy Department loans, another "green energy" company dropped dead. This one is called Beacon Power Corporation, an energy storage company based out of Massachusetts."

BrightSource Energy (solar power provider)
Self-interested parties: Commerce Secretary John Bryson, Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.

RFK Jr. scores $1.4 billion bailout - November 16, 2011
"President John F. Kennedy’s nephew, Robert Kennedy, Jr., netted a $1.4 billion bailout for his company, BrightSource, through a loan guarantee issued by a former employee-turned Department of Energy official."

Worse than Solyndra? - September 26, 2011
"President Obama's nominee for Commerce secretary served as chairman of the board of a solar energy company that recently received a $1.37 billion federal loan guarantee – the largest the Department of Energy has ever given for a solar power project."

First Solar (solar panel manufacturer)
Self-interested parties: Democrat contributor Michael Ahearn, GE, NextEra

Another Obama green CEO bites the dust - October 26, 2011
"First Solar got the financial equivalent of four (4) Solyndra-type deals in September. First Solar received $2 billion worth of loan guarantees on projects in California in the waning days of the controversial Department of Energy’s loan program. The company then SOLD the projects to other, better-connected companies within hours of getting the guarantees. And when I say better connected, I’m not talking transmission lines. Which other companies you ask? GE and NextEra Energy."

More last-minute DOE loans favor Dem donors - September 29, 2011
"First Solar got $2.1 billion in loan guarantees, despite it looking like a very bad investment. ... Who are the investors? One is Michael Ahearn, who pulled out a $69 million stake in the company last month, obviously not as interested in betting on First Solar as the Obama administration. However, he did the invest $123,000 in Democratic Party over the last three cycles."

Fisker Automotive (hybrid cars)
Self-interested parties: Al Gore, Government-owned GM

Karma mileage no better than SUV - October 20, 2011
"In the case of the Fisker Karma, we get a true MPGe of 19. This makes it worse than even the city rating of a Ford Explorer SUV. Congrats to the Fisker Karma, which now joins corn ethanol in the ranks of heavily subsidized supposedly green technologies that are actually worse for the environment than current solutions."

Gets U.S. loan, builds cars in Finland - October 20, 2011
"...an electric car company that received a $529 million federal government loan guarantee is assembling its first line of cars in Finland, saying it could not find a facility in the United States capable of doing the work. Fisker is more than a year behind rolling out its $97,000 luxury vehicle bankrolled in part with DOE money. While more are promised soon, just 40 of its Karma cars... have been manufactured and only two delivered to customers' driveways, including one to movie star Leonardo DiCaprio."

Nevada Geothermal Power (owned by U.S. Geothermal Inc.)
Self-interested parties: Former Harry Reid aides Kai Anderson & Paul Thomsen

Green graft continues - November 15, 2011
"If you thought the green company graft ended when the Department of Energy’s Cash by Suckers program expired at the end of September, you are mistaken. ...despite the expiration of one program, the US government is still giving money to so-called “green” companies under another Obama program. But rather than giving money as loan guarantees as the DOE was doing, this money is an outright gift to private companies with no strings attached..."

Director paid six figures for Obama loans - October 31, 2011
"A financially-troubled Canadian alternative energy company with ties to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid paid a director the lion's share of $758,828 (CAD) in reported consulting fees, according to an analysis of the filings made by the company. The fee was a part of a consulting agreement in order to successfully arrange a loan guarantee by the Department of Energy."

Two more green energy loans in trouble - October 31, 2011
"Executives, board members and investors involved with all three companies are closely linked to Obama, Reid and other prominent Democrats. Kai Anderson, a lobbyist for Nevada Geothermal’s partner corporation, Ormat Technology, is a former Senate aide to Harry Reid. Ormat’s CEO Paul Thomsen is another former Reid aide."

NextEra Energy
Self-interested parties: Obama jobs council member Lewis Hay

Jobs panel member lands DOE loan - November 1, 2011
"But the company also enjoys a connection to the Obama administration -- company Chairman and CEO Lewis Hay sits on the president's Council on Jobs and Competitiveness, which last month issued a report calling, among other things, for a new federal financing program to attract private investment for clean energy projects via loan guarantees and other tools."

Another Obama green CEO bites the dust - October 26, 2011
"First Solar got the financial equivalent of four (4) Solyndra-type deals in September. First Solar received $2 billion worth of loan guarantees on projects in California in the waning days of the controversial Department of Energy’s loan program. The company then sold the projects to other, better-connected companies within hours of getting the guarantees. And when I say better connected, I’m not talking transmission lines. Which other companies you ask? GE and NextEra Energy."

SunPower (solar power technology)
Self-interested parties: Sen. Harry Reid, Rep. George Miller, Democrat lobbyist Patrick Murphy

Loan recipient financially troubled - October 12, 2011
"...troubling financial revelations have emerged about SunPower, which sponsored a solar project that received a $1.2 billion loan, more than twice the money approved for Solyndra, which filed for bankruptcy last month after receiving a $528 million loan. ...SunPower posted $150 million in losses during the first half of this year and its debt is nearly 80 percent of its market value. The company is also facing class action lawsuits for misstating its earnings."

Twice as bad as Solyndra - October 11, 2011
"How did a failing California solar company, buffeted by short sellers and shareholder lawsuits, receive a $1.2 billion federal loan guarantee... Two men with insight into the process are SunPower rooter Rep. George R. Miller III, (D.-Calif.), the senior Democrat on the House Education and Workforce Committee and the co-chairman of the Democratic Steering and Policy Committee, and his SunPower lobbyist son, George Miller IV."

More last-minute DOE loans favor Dem donors - September 29, 2011
"SunPower has paid lobbyist Patrick Murphy, a close confidant of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, at least $290,000 in lobbying fees since 2009. SunPower’s political action committee gave $15,650 to Democratic congressional candidates in 2010 and only $500 to a single Republican candidate. Reid received the largest slice of that pie, a $4,000 campaign contribution."

Yet this drastically INCREASING national debt over the last almost FOUR YEARS is all President George W. Bush's fault. You honestly expect me to believe that now?

Last edited:
Mitt Romney would buy you a dinner if he thought you were hungry. That is the kind of man he is. He also endorses policies that created the situation that left you without a job and left you hungry and homeless. That is also the kind of man he is. And after he bought you that dinner and maybe gave you a few bucks towards another dinner, he would think of you as a representative of the 47%. That is also the kind of man he is.

Forum List

Back