That's the Kind of Man Mitt Romney is

It has nothing do with Envy. I don't want to be like them. I don't want to get my rocks off firing people like Romney apparently does. I certainly don't want to be a brain-washed Mormon Cultist, either. I mean, Jesus, ever have a talk with a Mormon about how there's no evidence of a Nephite Civilization in the Americas. It's hilarious. It's like arguing with a retard who still believes in Santa Claus.

But my point stands.

What if the Rich were sent to war? What if their children were the first ones to go.

Yeah, we'd still fight necessary wars like WWII, but idiotic crap like Vietnam and Iraq wouldn't happen. If they were burying their kids instead of counting their profits from the war, they'd think twice about it.
Yes, it's envy. The rich have money -- you don't. You want it, and you want the government to take it away from them and give it to you.

Simple, huh?

No, it's not that simple. A nation produces a finite amount of wealth in any given year. It is wrong if too much of that wealth ends up in the hands of too few. It is wrong for government to encourage that. Conservatives want the government to encourage that. That is a fundamental error in the philosophy of conservatism. Read my sigline.

" It is wrong if too much of that wealth ends up in the hands of too few."

Is there any correspondence between "ends up" and "earned"?

Yes, it's envy. The rich have money -- you don't. You want it, and you want the government to take it away from them and give it to you.

Simple, huh?

No, it's not that simple. A nation produces a finite amount of wealth in any given year. It is wrong if too much of that wealth ends up in the hands of too few. It is wrong for government to encourage that. Conservatives want the government to encourage that. That is a fundamental error in the philosophy of conservatism. Read my sigline.

That very much depends upon your definition of earned, doesn't it? For instance, is interest gained from an off-shore account in the Cayman Islands "earned?" How about investments in derivatives or the stock market?

That very much depends upon your definition of earned, doesn't it? For instance, is interest gained from an off-shore account in the Cayman Islands "earned?" How about investments in derivatives or the stock market?

But, "earned income credit" is earned, right?

"That very much depends upon your definition of earned, doesn't it?"
No.

I'd believe that both of our definitions revolve around phrases such as 'legally...."
If no laws are being broken, then it is legally earned.
True?

"...interest gained from an off-shore account in the Cayman Islands "earned?"
Let's use that to expose both your ignorance, and your bias.

Any information the IRS would like is as available from the Cayman Islands as it is available in the United States.

"Under the Cayman Islands Banks and Trust Companies Law 1995 and in the Confidential Relationships (Preservation) Law of 1995 banking staff and government officials face civil and criminal sanctions if information is disclosed without authorization which on the surface sounds good BUT a number of laws permit the enforcement of foreign judgments or the disclosure of information in response to a court order, supposedly in the investigation of criminal activity and drug use or drug dealing."
Tax Haven to Avoid - The Cayman Islands

What can one learn about your political inclinations in addition to your gullibility?
Could you be one of the 'reliable Democrat voters'?

Last edited:
Romney's Son of Boss fraud

In his key role as chairman of the Marriott board's audit committee, Romney approved the firm's reporting of fictional tax losses exceeding $70 million generated by its Son of Boss transaction.

Romney's AMPAD fraud

American Pad and Paper. Romney and Bain Capital bought it from Mead Company, when it had total debts of $11 million. By the time they sold it, the company had $400 million in debt -- and Bain had earned $100 million off the deals, between fees it charged the company for managing it and for buying other companies, and profits from selling the company's stock after they took it public (for yet another fee). Bain was later sued by stockholders for fraud in overstating the value of the company.

Romney's KB Toys fraud

Bain Capital 'purchased' KB for the respectable price of $ 305 million dollars on December 8, 2000.

Bain Capital only offered $ 18 million in cash, the rest was leaveraged debt put on the company.

Sixteen months after the buyout, Bain Capital paid itself $85 million in dividends in early 2002.

January 14, 2004, K·B Toys filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection and closed 365 stores.

Three years later the rest of the 156 stores were closed down.

Romney's Medicare Fraud....

Romney claims he "uncovered" the fraudulent claims and "took corrective action," but court records show that he did not notify prosecutors or stop the fraudulent billing. He just asked company lawyers what changes they could make to avoid prosecution, after the feds' LABSCAM prosecution targeted a different medical testing firm. The cheating continued, prosecutors say, until the day Bain sold the company to Corning. Furthermore, Damon Corp. was required to list in various SEC filings any significant legal risks it faced. Romney made no mention of the fraud he "uncovered," even though it led to a $119 million fine, the largest in history. Damon Corp. is another Bain acquisition that later went bankrupt, killing over a thousand jobs -- but not before Bain made $7.4 million in profit.

http://www.realchange.org/romney.htm

Romney's Medicare Fraud....

Romney claims he "uncovered" the fraudulent claims and "took corrective action," but court records show that he did not notify prosecutors or stop the fraudulent billing. He just asked company lawyers what changes they could make to avoid prosecution, after the feds' LABSCAM prosecution targeted a different medical testing firm. The cheating continued, prosecutors say, until the day Bain sold the company to Corning. Furthermore, Damon Corp. was required to list in various SEC filings any significant legal risks it faced. Romney made no mention of the fraud he "uncovered," even though it led to a $119 million fine, the largest in history. Damon Corp. is another Bain acquisition that later went bankrupt, killing over a thousand jobs -- but not before Bain made $7.4 million in profit.

Mitt Romney's Skeleton Closet -- political scandals, quotes and character

As I glance at it quickly....your avi looks a lot like Romney.

Are you thinking about replacing 007 with President Romney?

mittromney_zps84358dbd.jpg
Eh... You and everyone that thanked you for that post actually believe he got nothing of monitory value for his "service" to Massachusetts?

Why is it so difficult for you to give a man his due?
Eh... I don't believe he got nothing. I think that's silly to think he did. And while you are suggesting otherwise, I think you believe as I do.

Romney's Son of Boss fraud

In his key role as chairman of the Marriott board's audit committee, Romney approved the firm's reporting of fictional tax losses exceeding $70 million generated by its Son of Boss transaction.

Romney's AMPAD fraud

American Pad and Paper. Romney and Bain Capital bought it from Mead Company, when it had total debts of $11 million. By the time they sold it, the company had $400 million in debt -- and Bain had earned $100 million off the deals, between fees it charged the company for managing it and for buying other companies, and profits from selling the company's stock after they took it public (for yet another fee). Bain was later sued by stockholders for fraud in overstating the value of the company.

AMPAD is one of the businesses Romney is accused of "raiding." But is it true?. Ampad was acquired by Bain from MEAD Corporation in 1992, as the company did not know how to run it properly and merge it with their other businesses. far from raiding the newly purchased AMPAD company, they actually enjoyed a 500% sales increase from 1992 through 1996.

Eventually, the company filed for bankruptcy in 2001, more than 2 years after Romney left his management position there. The claims that AMPAD was purchased solely to take money and shut it down is disproved by the fact that the company saw several years of major sales growth after the Bain purchase, culminating in a listing on the NYSE, and eventually shuttered after almost a decade of operation.
The Business Successes of Mitt Romney and Bain Capital

Romney's KB Toys fraud

Bain Capital 'purchased' KB for the respectable price of $ 305 million dollars on December 8, 2000.

Bain Capital only offered $ 18 million in cash, the rest was leaveraged debt put on the company.

Sixteen months after the buyout, Bain Capital paid itself $85 million in dividends in early 2002.

January 14, 2004, K·B Toys filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection and closed 365 stores.

Three years later the rest of the 156 stores were closed down.

The purpose of Bain Capital, which is in itself a wildly successful company started by Mitt Romney, was to grow businesses and grow profits. Some of the companies were started from scratch, some were already small start-ups, and some were larger struggling businesses. The goal was always to make those companies succeed. While it didn't always work out, it's clear that a lot of it did. While his record will be cherry-picked, and the operations of a small handful of business will be politicized, the reality is that the number of pure successes dwarfs and other distortions about his record.
The Business Successes of Mitt Romney and Bain Capital

Why is it so difficult for you to give a man his due?
Eh... I don't believe he got nothing. I think that's silly to think he did. And while you are suggesting otherwise, I think you believe as I do.

"I don't believe.."

Really?

That's it?
Yes... That's it. I don't believe he did it for free. I mean he has lobbyists talking/working with his campaign now and he's not in any office. So I repeat:

"I don't believe.."

Really?

That's it?
Yes... That's it. I don't believe he did it for free. I mean he has lobbyists talking/working with his campaign now and he's not in any office. So I repeat:

Got a pick for the third race at Aqueduct?

Have you ever heard this: for Liberals, feeling passes for knowing.

It's a pejorative.

"I don't believe.."

Really?

That's it?

I don't understand the reference.

Yes. Most liberals as you mean it are Retarded Tribal Monkeys.

It's a pejorative.
Yeah... Gotta guard against doing what you are against. It is my opinion, on this subject and reference of this alone, you are failing.

Do you honestly believe that Willard received nothing of monetary value for his service when he was "employed" to work for the government?

I mean he has lobbyists talking/working with his campaign now and he's not in any office.

It's a pejorative.
Yeah... Gotta guard against doing what you are against. It is my opinion, on this subject and reference of this alone, you are failing.

Do you honestly believe that Willard received nothing of monetary value for his service when he was "employed" to work for the government?

I mean he has lobbyists talking/working with his campaign now and he's not in any office.

I try to use data and evidence in the formation of my opinions.

And I wonder why you smear the man using what you admit is zero evidence.

It's a pejorative.

So do I.

Human nature. And facts. I repeat once again:

Edit: And for the record I'm not smearing him for not taking money or giving it to his church/charities. I have no problems with him doing that. In fact it's commendable that he didn't take government money. I do have a problem with the thinking that he got nothing for his "service" to his country. That's straight out silly.

Last edited:

So do I.

No, it's not a characteristic of human nature.....

....just some a character flaw in some folks.

So do I.

No, it's not a characteristic of human nature.....

....just some a character flaw in some folks.
Did you miss the edit or not just quote it?

Forum List

Back