That's the Kind of Man Mitt Romney is

Well this takes my breath away.
mitt-i-love-ann.jpg

That picture was taken in France, where he lived for 2 years avoiding the war he encouraged others to fight -- the Vietnam War. What a guy :thup:

Wow, all of that and he still comes off as one shady mother fucker?

How evil. The man goes to lift people up and give them better lives and you're upset about it because he didn't go kill people in a war you didn't support.

Wow, all of that and he still comes off as one shady mother fucker?

Nothing shady about the man. If there was, Obama would have found something of substance to attack him on. Fact is the man is cleaner than Mr Clean.

"This is a man without a core, a man without substance, a man that will say anything to become president of the United States."

Republican Rudy Giuliani on Romney

“The idea that you’ve got private equity companies that come in and take companies apart so they can make profits and have people lose their jobs, that’s not what the Republican Party’s about.”

— Rick Perry on Romney

“We find it pretty hard to justify rich people figuring out clever legal ways to loot a company, leaving behind 1,700 families without a job.”

— Newt Gingrich on Romney

Bain Capital being investigated for tax evasion

ALBANY, N.Y. — New York’s attorney general is investigating tax strategies of some of the nation’s largest private equity firms, including Bain Capital, founded by Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, an official familiar with the probe said Sunday.

Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is examining whether the firms have abused a tax strategy to avoid paying hundreds of millions of dollars in taxes, said the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the probe. The practice involves converting some fees collected for managing accounts into fund investments, resulting in a lower tax rate.

Welcome to Forbes

How evil. The man goes to lift people up and give them better lives and you're upset about it because he didn't go kill people in a war you didn't support.

I'm not upset at all. I wasn't even alive back then. I just find it funny that you presumably regular, non-super wealthy people are impressed by a rich kid who encouraged fellow youth to fight a war that he was unwilling to fight himself; that you think the fact that he's rich enough that he never had to work a day in his life makes him some great, caring person. And what I find even more funny is that you think he has your best interests at heart :lol:

Last edited:
Elf Ellefsen knew slain Navy SEAL Glen Doherty for the last 20 years, even paddled out on a swim with him in the days leading up to his travel to Libya.

Imagine his astonishment when Romney got "choked up" talking about one of his best friends.

According to Ellefsen's interview with My North West journalist Libby Denkmann, Doherty once described the meeting with Romney as "Pathetic and comical."

Ellefsen:

"To have the same person come up to you within only a half hour, have this person reintroduce himself to you, having absolutely no idea whatsoever that he just did this 20 minutes ago, and did not even recognize Glen's face."

Ellefsen ended the interview by saying that he thinks Doherty would probably "pity" Romney for having to use his name in a political speech.

Read more: Doherty Said Meeting Romney 'Was Pathetic And Comical' - Business Insider

Romney's Son of Boss fraud

In his key role as chairman of the Marriott board's audit committee, Romney approved the firm's reporting of fictional tax losses exceeding $70 million generated by its Son of Boss transaction.

Romney's AMPAD fraud

American Pad and Paper. Romney and Bain Capital bought it from Mead Company, when it had total debts of $11 million. By the time they sold it, the company had $400 million in debt -- and Bain had earned $100 million off the deals, between fees it charged the company for managing it and for buying other companies, and profits from selling the company's stock after they took it public (for yet another fee). Bain was later sued by stockholders for fraud in overstating the value of the company.

I'm not upset at all. I wasn't even alive back then. I just find it funny that you presumably regular, non-super wealthy people are impressed by a rich kid who encouraged fellow youth to fight a war that he was unwilling to fight himself; that you think the fact that he's rich enough that he never had to work a day in his life. And what I find even more funny is that you think he has your best interests at heart :lol:

I find it funny that you would still vote for a proven failure?

Romney's KB Toys fraud

Bain Capital 'purchased' KB for the respectable price of $ 305 million dollars on December 8, 2000.

Bain Capital only offered $ 18 million in cash, the rest was leaveraged debt put on the company.

Sixteen months after the buyout, Bain Capital paid itself $85 million in dividends in early 2002.

January 14, 2004, K·B Toys filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection and closed 365 stores.

Three years later the rest of the 156 stores were closed down.

KB Toys - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Romney's Medicare Fraud....

In 1989, Romney led Bain Capital's purchase of Damon Corp., a medical testing company, and took a seat on the Board of Directors to better manage it. During Romney's four years, Bain tripled its investment, and Romney personally made $473,000 -- while Damon plumped its profits with Medicare fraud (running thousands of medical tests doctors didn't want, and billing Medicare for them). The company pled guilty to crimes committed during his tenure and paid a record fine of $119 million. Company President Joseph Isola pleaded no contest to fraud, and a vice president was also convicted.

Mitt Romney's Skeleton Closet -- political scandals, quotes and character

The Obama budget deficits originated during the Bush presidency.....

1. Tax cuts 2001-2002 (4 trillion over 10 years)
2. Prescription drug benefits (1 trillion over 10 years)
3. Economic meltdown of 2008 ( 3 trillion and rising)
4. Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan (2 trillion and winding down)

Forum List

Back