The abuse of Greta

Have you even looked at her history, Nimrod?
She doesn't need much encouragement. The fact you think she is a 'pawn' speaks volumes about you. None of it good. Gee, a 16 year old giving it to morons. I know it's hard to get bitch slapped by a 16 year old, but if you insist on being a dumbfuck....

Got a link to her history?
I'm really curious to find out what happened to her over a 16 year stretch that made her an expert on climate change.

As far as I can tell, all the adults in her life dumped their propaganda on her and her mental problems turned it into a full-blown psychotic delusion.

I sympathize with her. I had a similar thing happen to me (although I didn't suffer from Asperger's or severe OCD). I was raised in a fundamentalist Protestant church in the 70's, which was experiencing a wave of "End Times" frenzy. Everyone in our church community was talking constantly about the book of Revelation, how Jesus was coming back any minute now and you had to repent of your sins or be left behind to face the Tribulation and the Antichrist, etc.

I was very young (in elementary school) and no one really paid attention to my presence during all this because they thought I wasn't paying attention, or didn't really understand what they were saying. I started waking up from nightmares a couple of times a week, completely hysterical and running around the house to check on my family members. I was convinced that the Rapture had happened and everyone I loved had been taken and I had been left behind because I had forgotten to say my prayers the night before, or there had been a time I'd backtalked my mom and then forgot it so I didn't repent it. My parents had no idea what was going on with me (because I was hysterical and couldn't explain it to them) and they took me to a counselor. Turns out, a little girl who's bright enough to understand adult words but doesn't have the experience and maturity to really comprehend their meaning was not a good fit for those kinds of topics.

Bottom line, my parents sat me down and explained all the context I, as a child, had not had before. And they strictly limited other adults discussing that topic in my presence. At no point in time did they yank me up to a pulpit and let me start preaching to grown-ups on the basis of my childish fears and stand around gassing about how "proud" they were of my neurotic terror.

Greta's parents and teachers and other authority figures all deserve swift kicks in the cooter for creating this emotional trauma.

My parents exposed my brother and I to Christianity when we were around 7 and 9.
We went to Church and Sunday school for two years and they then asked us what we'd learned.
Apparently we gave the right answers and they gave us the option to continue going to church and sunday school...or not.

I look back on those days and ask myself......how could anyone be against the Teachings of God?
They're simple and to the point.

Oh, my parents never considered making church attendance optional for my siblings and me, and as an adult now, I'm glad for it. It was specifically the obsession with the End Times that was going on at the time that caused the problem. I was much too young and uneducated in advanced, adult-level Biblical teachings like that, especially without someone explaining it to me on my own level, to handle it. They just didn't realize at the time that I was picking up on it as much as I was.

I look at it like this.
I learned a lot about morality and doing the right thing,and that's stuck with me throughout my life.
We all know whats right and wrong denomination be damned.

Yeah, uh, we're not talking about "is Christianity good or bad" here, so I'd appreciate it if you'd stop trying to divert the topic onto that. We're talking about adults traumatizing children by dumping ideas onto them that they don't have the experience and maturity to handle, and then exhibiting the resulting mess as though it's something laudable.

Got a link to her history?
I'm really curious to find out what happened to her over a 16 year stretch that made her an expert on climate change.

As far as I can tell, all the adults in her life dumped their propaganda on her and her mental problems turned it into a full-blown psychotic delusion.

I sympathize with her. I had a similar thing happen to me (although I didn't suffer from Asperger's or severe OCD). I was raised in a fundamentalist Protestant church in the 70's, which was experiencing a wave of "End Times" frenzy. Everyone in our church community was talking constantly about the book of Revelation, how Jesus was coming back any minute now and you had to repent of your sins or be left behind to face the Tribulation and the Antichrist, etc.

I was very young (in elementary school) and no one really paid attention to my presence during all this because they thought I wasn't paying attention, or didn't really understand what they were saying. I started waking up from nightmares a couple of times a week, completely hysterical and running around the house to check on my family members. I was convinced that the Rapture had happened and everyone I loved had been taken and I had been left behind because I had forgotten to say my prayers the night before, or there had been a time I'd backtalked my mom and then forgot it so I didn't repent it. My parents had no idea what was going on with me (because I was hysterical and couldn't explain it to them) and they took me to a counselor. Turns out, a little girl who's bright enough to understand adult words but doesn't have the experience and maturity to really comprehend their meaning was not a good fit for those kinds of topics.

Bottom line, my parents sat me down and explained all the context I, as a child, had not had before. And they strictly limited other adults discussing that topic in my presence. At no point in time did they yank me up to a pulpit and let me start preaching to grown-ups on the basis of my childish fears and stand around gassing about how "proud" they were of my neurotic terror.

Greta's parents and teachers and other authority figures all deserve swift kicks in the cooter for creating this emotional trauma.

My parents exposed my brother and I to Christianity when we were around 7 and 9.
We went to Church and Sunday school for two years and they then asked us what we'd learned.
Apparently we gave the right answers and they gave us the option to continue going to church and sunday school...or not.

I look back on those days and ask myself......how could anyone be against the Teachings of God?

Oh, my parents never considered making church attendance optional for my siblings and me, and as an adult now, I'm glad for it. It was specifically the obsession with the End Times that was going on at the time that caused the problem. I was much too young and uneducated in advanced, adult-level Biblical teachings like that, especially without someone explaining it to me on my own level, to handle it. They just didn't realize at the time that I was picking up on it as much as I was.

I look at it like this.
I learned a lot about morality and doing the right thing,and that's stuck with me throughout my life.

Yeah, uh, we're not talking about "is Christianity good or bad" here, so I'd appreciate it if you'd stop trying to divert the topic onto that. We're talking about adults traumatizing children by dumping ideas onto them that they don't have the experience and maturity to handle, and then exhibiting the resulting mess as though it's something laudable.

WTF?
I answered one of your posts where you brought up religion.

Think its ok for a young person to speak in support of what they believe to be true, your not required too believe it your self. why would many of you treat a child in such an unkind manner.

Okay to speak what they believe, sure. Okay to lecture world leaders as though her hysteria is supposed to be the only thing that means anything? No. Okay for her parents to generate this sort of mental and emotional trauma and then promote her into the spotlight? Not even close.

Why would YOU treat a child in such an unkind manner as to use her as a human shield instead of strapping on a pair and saying what you want said yourself?
Also wrong to brainwash kids like this, and tell them that the ideology that is being pumped into them is SCIENCE. It isn't science. Her #1 message in that Hitleresque spasm was that we shouldn't have money.

Hello, she's a rich, PURE aryan Swede, the daughter of a Nobel prize winner and a swedish entertainment icon, who admits she's mentally ill and has had multiple audiences with world leaders and financiers.....and we are supposed to stop what we're doing and do what she tells us?

No thanks. She's not the daughter of the massah. She's a hysterical and mentally ill child that should be removed and placed in an institution, along with her whackadoodle parents.

I look at it like this.

WTF?

No, I brought up an occasion in which I was exposed as a child to ideas I couldn't handle and freaked out over them. The ideas in question happened to be religious, but that was incidental. You, for some unknown reason, responded to that post by telling me how much YOU learned from church attendance as a child, as though that somehow had something to do with the topic. And when I responded by drawing the topic BACK to the subject of traumatizing children, you kept on with your one-sided argument about the wonders of Biblical education in general, as though I said something else.

Think its ok for a young person to speak in support of what they believe to be true, your not required too believe it your self. why would many of you treat a child in such an unkind manner.

Okay to speak what they believe, sure. Okay to lecture world leaders as though her hysteria is supposed to be the only thing that means anything? No. Okay for her parents to generate this sort of mental and emotional trauma and then promote her into the spotlight? Not even close.

Why would YOU treat a child in such an unkind manner as to use her as a human shield instead of strapping on a pair and saying what you want said yourself?
Also wrong to brainwash kids like this, and tell them that the ideology that is being pumped into them is SCIENCE. It isn't science. Her #1 message in that Hitleresque spasm was that we shouldn't have money.

Hello, she's a rich, PURE aryan Swede, the daughter of a Nobel prize winner and a swedish entertainment icon, who admits she's mentally ill and has had multiple audiences with world leaders and financiers.....and we are supposed to stop what we're doing and do what she tells us?

No thanks. She's not the daughter of the massah. She's a hysterical and mentally ill child that should be removed and placed in an institution, along with her whackadoodle parents.
She's a genius and the child of genius. Her Asperger's is part of that. She is far from the brainwashed child you wish to portray her as. Yeah, she's 16..and taking it over the top...16 is a good age for that. Her message is simplistic and bombastic...and not as nuanced as it could be. So what? At least she is on the right side of history..unlike the knee-jerk deniers.
I happen to be uninterested in why climate is changing..I think more focus should be on planning for it---but, if just for the spectacle alone..I'm grateful to her.

But by all means continue to mock a young woman who, quite likely, has already made more of an impact on the world than you ever will...at 16.

I look at it like this.

WTF?

No, I brought up an occasion in which I was exposed as a child to ideas I couldn't handle and freaked out over them. The ideas in question happened to be religious, but that was incidental. You, for some unknown reason, responded to that post by telling me how much YOU learned from church attendance as a child, as though that somehow had something to do with the topic. And when I responded by drawing the topic BACK to the subject of traumatizing children, you kept on with your one-sided argument about the wonders of Biblical education in general, as though I said something else.

If you dont know how I stand with the Greta situation you know nothing about me after all these years.

From what I have seen, she is being celebrated by the Left for being rude to world leaders.

That does not impress me. Being rude is easy. Being civil deserves far more respect.
Is 45 a model of civility?

Is that why you and your deranged ilk celebrate him so?

Civility is something earned by being civil to others. The vast majority of the people that Trump has been rude to, have been rude to US for decades.
Actually, Trump is continually rude

The only ones he is not rude to are those who kiss his ass

Who has been civil to him, that he was rude to?

Why did you not answer the question?

Seriously. What the fuck is wrong with you, that you cannot answer a simple fucking question?

And why should I answer your fucking questions, when you refuse to answer mine?

DID SHE PRESENT HER ARGUMENTS IN A RESPECTFUL AND CIVIL MANNER?
OK...I will answer your question
But let’s establish the conditions

You spell out what she said that was disrespectful. Please detail anything that is a personal attack or name calling

I will do the same with what Conservatives are saying about her

Then we can compare notes
Agree?

I asked if she presented her arguments in a respectful and civil manner.

Your response is to demand that I "spell out what she said that was disrespectful"?

You don't even understand the concept of a real question.

Possibly because it has been so long since you actually asked one.

Seriously. something is seriously fucking wrong with you.
You failed a simple request

You claim she is disrespectful and I asked what specifically do you mean?
You are confident in attacking little girls, but are unable to justify why

I did not claim it. I asked you a question. You are insane. Or insanely dishonest.
I see that since you can’t show where she has been disrespectful, we can only assume she isn’t

Your dishonesty is noted. Your cowardice is noted.

YOu are obviously, thus, a left winger. Why have you lied with your user name?

Oh, right, got it. Because you are a cowardly dishonest leftwinger.

But I repeat myself.

From what I have seen, she is being celebrated by the Left for being rude to world leaders.

That does not impress me. Being rude is easy. Being civil deserves far more respect.
Is 45 a model of civility?

Is that why you and your deranged ilk celebrate him so?

Civility is something earned by being civil to others. The vast majority of the people that Trump has been rude to, have been rude to US for decades.
Actually, Trump is continually rude

Would that Republicans would follow his lead. Being polite to Democrats is a vain exercise.

Like you people don't. :21::21:

He is the sheepherder, you are the sheep. You go where he tells you, you think what he tells you and you say what he tells you to say.

You can check my history of posts. I was calling people like you on your bullshit, without mincing words, long before Trump was in the arena at all.

It is unfair of you to put the responsibility for my actions on Trump.

I was walking this walk BEFORE him. He adjusted his presentation to appeal to me, not the otherway around.

You are being a dick.

I asked if she presented her arguments in a respectful and civil manner.

Your response is to demand that I "spell out what she said that was disrespectful"?

You don't even understand the concept of a real question.

Possibly because it has been so long since you actually asked one.

Seriously. something is seriously fucking wrong with you.

I did not claim it. I asked you a question. You are insane. Or insanely dishonest.
I see that since you can’t show where she has been disrespectful, we can only assume she isn’t

She disagreed with the Trump collective, and that is rude and disrespectful.

People that have no ability to think for themselves cannot take it when someone says something not covered by their talking points...thus they attack the messenger instead
Worse is when a female disagrees with Trump

You libs just say stupid shit, without any concern for how stupid it makes you look.

People that have no ability to think for themselves cannot take it when someone says something not covered by their talking points...thus they attack the messenger instead

True that. They need to learn their place.

You are projecting a strawman onto us. That is the act of a coward, who knows he is losing the argument.

Another Hitler comparison

Do you guys have any decency? She is a child who supports the environment

Another Hitler comparison

Do you guys have any decency? She is a child who supports the environment

She is a political activist making a political move, and getting pushback from her political enemies.

That you want her treated with kid, is just you using her being a child, for partisan political purposes.

You are a coward.

You are projecting a strawman onto us. That is the act of a coward, who knows he is losing the argument.

Oh, got it. YOu want to make the thread about me again.

Is that your way of admitting you lost?

She is a political activist making a political move, and getting pushback from her political enemies.

That you want her treated with kid, is just you using her being a child, for partisan political purposes.

You are a coward.

So, being a political activist makes her the same as Hitler? Is that where we are at now?

Oh, got it. YOu want to make the thread about me again.

Is that your way of admitting you lost?

No, you were doing that, when you made a claim of sexism against us.

My calling you on your bullshit, is appropriate.

You are a coward.

So, being a political activist makes her the same as Hitler? Is that where we are at now?

Yeah, when you have to restate what I said, using very different words, before you can make a point to challenge what I said?

What that means is that you cannot challenge what I actually said.

My point stands.

You are a coward.

Yeah, when you have to restate what I said, using very different words, before you can make a point to challenge what I said?

What that means is that you cannot challenge what I actually said.

My point stands.

and my point still stands, you are good with comparing someone to Hitler just because they are a political activist

Forum List

Back