🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The androgyny of Adam and Christ

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
I had never heard of the idea that either Adam or Jesus were androgynous until I read about it in a book that wasn't specifically about religion. The author spoke as if this is a well-known Christian concept. I looked it up and there is a lot of writing about it.

The idea being that Adam was androgynous until he gave a rib to create Eve. Instead of making woman from a cheaper cut of man, the original androgynous human was actually split into a male and female individual. Jesus, under this theory, was androgynous because he represented humanity, not just males. Some great Catholic writer advocated that the celibacy of priests not be just a bachelor's virginity, but an androgynous unity of the soul.

Any thoughts? I've always found the concept of androgyny fascinating, but lately it has become so politicized that I'm sick of hearing about it.

Adam is simply human; meaning any human. The woman given to that human is a spiritual host that is taken from within that human again any flesh human male or female in nature. In the spirit of the human more spiritual host are brought forth within the human as the human grows in the spirit to ultimately become like the first born Man made in the image of God.

I had never heard of the idea that either Adam or Jesus were androgynous until I read about it in a book that wasn't specifically about religion. The author spoke as if this is a well-known Christian concept. I looked it up and there is a lot of writing about it.

The idea being that Adam was androgynous until he gave a rib to create Eve. Instead of making woman from a cheaper cut of man, the original androgynous human was actually split into a male and female individual. Jesus, under this theory, was androgynous because he represented humanity, not just males. Some great Catholic writer advocated that the celibacy of priests not be just a bachelor's virginity, but an androgynous unity of the soul.

Any thoughts? I've always found the concept of androgyny fascinating, but lately it has become so politicized that I'm sick of hearing about it.
If the human race survives long enough it will become androgynous, if it survives even longer it will become non-corporeal. At least that's part of the Big Plan.

Here's some thoughts. If you believe Adam or jesus existed, you need medical attention. Throw in eve being made from a rib and youre well on your way to an asylum.
There are no celebit priests. Ask those nuns why they get pregnant.

Its not so much politicised.
People are having second thoughts about all the rubbish religion belches.
You're asking people to believe things we know are impossible. Its an insult to them

Easily solved:

This is mythology. Adam and Eve did not exist, which is a demonstrable fact.

Adam being androgynous is far from a "well-known Christian concept". The name Adam has "son" or "man" in it--man of the earth. Adam names the animals and then realizes he is alone--he realizes his need before God creates Eve. Upon her creation his rejoicing is clear: "This AT LAST is flesh of my flesh..." He need for Eve is experienced as a man.

No personal offense to any Catholics here but what I see in this viewpoint is trying to justify the celibacy of the priesthood by shoehorning something into the lives and beings of Adam and Jesus that does not belong.

This is mythology. Adam and Eve did not exist, which is a demonstrable fact.
Scientists have explained that. Sorry to burst your bubble.

no, ff they haven't -

they did exist and they were not alone there were several made at the same time and coincidentally happened upon one another and never looked back - to present day.

the mythology at least addresses the inexplicable ... humanities existence requiring two sexes.
try as they may to dissuade differently humanity in truth is fundamentally no different in many ways than all the other living creatures on planet Earth.

no, ff they haven't -
Indeed they have. We know about how sexual reproduction came about and when.

they did exist and they were not alone there were several made at the same time and coincidentally happened upon one another and never looked back - to present day.
Hmm, no, they didn't exist. Not in any sense you or the Bible describe. There was a mitochondrial Eve and a Y-chromosome Adam, because the existence of these individuals is known from first premises of genetic theory and mathematical certainty.

All you have have know is that Y-chromosomes are passed down from the male parent, and mtDNA is passed down by the female parent.

And from only this, one can deduce that there once existed the unique Y-Adam and there once existed the unique mt-Eve. Cool, huh?

Figuring out about when they lived is harder. But we did that, too.

With no help from the metaphysical, I might add.

Scientists have explained that. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Sciencists cannot "explain" events that happened in the remote past. Thats a logical impossibility.

They can make guesses and try to fit them in with the facts. They can even pick the guess that they believe fits in with facts and don't conflict with their biases.

But that guess does not then become a "scientific explanation."

Sciencists cannot "explain" events that happened in the remote past
Wrong, of course. Scientists can explain fossilization. Volcano formation. Mountain formation. Star formation. Ages of rocks.

All evidence is evidence from the past. You dimestore philosophers always forget and omit that basic truth.

Being the religious fundie you purport to be, these timelines not just baffle you (like a normal person), but you MUST deem them impossible. Else, your faith is wrong.

'We can figure out what happened 500 years ago. But not 5 million.' That is the essence of your claim. And it is useless drivel. An imaginary obstacle thrown up by a confused, ignorant, and desperate fundamentalist whom the world has left behind.

Indeed they have. We know about how sexual reproduction came about and when.

Hmm, no, they didn't exist. Not in any sense you or the Bible describe. There was a mitochondrial Eve and a Y-chromosome Adam, because the existence of these individuals is known from first premises of genetic theory and mathematical certainty.

All you have have know is that Y-chromosomes are passed down from the male parent, and mtDNA is passed down by the female parent.

And from only this, one can deduce that there once existed the unique Y-Adam and there once existed the unique mt-Eve. Cool, huh?

Figuring out about when they lived is harder. But we did that, too.

you can add all you like ... physiology is the physical presence of the metaphysical -

1648869455012.png

howabout, one more opportunity ... a&e did exist and their spiritual content lives to this day.

* mythology withstanding for all eternity.

Wrong, of course. Scientists can explain fossilization. Volcano formation. Mountain formation. Star formation. Ages of rocks.

All evidence is evidence from the past.
There is your misunderstanding.

The experiments that produce scientific knowledge can be replicated. So what they find is true past, present and future. If an experiment from the past cannot be replicated, its results are not longer scientific evidence.
You dimestore philosophers always forget and omit that basic truth.

Being the religious fundie you purport to be, these timelines not just baffle you (like a normal person), but you MUST deem them impossible. Else, your faith is wrong.

'We can figure out what happened 500 years ago. But not 5 million.' That is the essence of your claim. And it is useless drivel. An imaginary obstacle thrown up by a confused, ignorant, and desperate fundamentalist whom the world has left behind.
We have copious written records from five hundred years ago. Yet, of course, history is not "science."

Adam is simply human; meaning any human. The woman given to that human is a spiritual host that is taken from within that human again any flesh human male or female in nature. In the spirit of the human more spiritual host are brought forth within the human as the human grows in the spirit to ultimately become like the first born Man made in the image of God.
What a load of crap. Neither ever existed.
Youve been sucked in again son.

If the human race survives long enough it will become androgynous, if it survives even longer it will become non-corporeal. At least that's part of the Big Plan.
Biological evolution says otherwise.

And the word is incorporeal.

Here's some thoughts. If you believe Adam or jesus existed, you need medical attention. Throw in eve being made from a rib and youre well on your way to an asylum.
There are no celebit priests. Ask those nuns why they get pregnant.

Its not so much politicised.
People are having second thoughts about all the rubbish religion belches.
You're asking people to believe things we know are impossible. Its an insult to them
Adam is allegorical. Jesus existed.

The saeculum cycle says you are a linear thinker in a cyclical reality if you believe belief in God will fade away.

What a load of crap. Neither ever existed.
Youve been sucked in again son.
Early Christians wrote about Jesus. Secular historians wrote about Jesus. Jewish historians wrote about Jesus. 24,000 written manuscripts detail his 3 1/2 year ministry. Seems like Jesus existed to me.

Forum List

Back