The battle for the soul of America.

Up until this last week, Biden didn't have a platform aside from him saying "I have a plan". Now I notice he's touting Trump's platform, ie. jobs, buying and producing in America and bringing jobs back to America. That is exactly what Trump has been doing the last 4 years and exactly NOT what Biden has done for 47 years. He's responsible for all of the jobs, intellectual property and wealth that have been stolen from out country by China. Biden's family has been well compensated for him selling out his country. Biden will always put himself first so that makes all his claims to bring back jobs to America 100% bogus. Viva Trump. Get well soon, we need you.
Thank you for the redundant reiteration of yer rhetorical propaganda.

Up until this last week, Biden didn't have a platform aside from him saying "I have a plan". Now I notice he's touting Trump's platform, ie. jobs, buying and producing in America and bringing jobs back to America. That is exactly what Trump has been doing the last 4 years and exactly NOT what Biden has done for 47 years. He's responsible for all of the jobs, intellectual property and wealth that have been stolen from out country by China. Biden's family has been well compensated for him selling out his country. Biden will always put himself first so that makes all his claims to bring back jobs to America 100% bogus. Viva Trump. Get well soon, we need you.

To be honest, I don’t see the point of Biden. Not even for comic relief.

Asking a black man to pass by a statue honoring someone that fought to keep his ancestors in slavery as he goes to the courthouse to pay his taxes is wrong.

Just because "historically" we did it does not make it right.

The primary purpose of statues is to note history, not necessarily to promote history.

The problem is, people tend to judge historical events by today’s context.

I wonder how we will be viewed 200 years from now. Horrendous activities still going on in the present day.

Organised pedophilia in Great Britain, slavery ongoing in Africa, for starters.
They will judge us the same way we judge our predecessors.

^Because make no mistake – the New York Times’ 1619 Project has played a vital political role in today’s political unrest. It has done nothing less than devalue and criminalise the founding of the United States.
That is what King George thought also..

How do you know what he thought?
He had a problem of speaking his mind.

Please stop with your nonsense.
King George wasn't mute.

Asking a black man to pass by a statue honoring someone that fought to keep his ancestors in slavery as he goes to the courthouse to pay his taxes is wrong.

The primary purpose of statues is to note history, not necessarily to promote history.

I wonder how we will be viewed 200 years from now. Horrendous activities still going on in the present day.

We will be judged by future generations for the things we do also. We may not see things as wrong today that those in the future do. I do not expect them to place monuments for the things they understand as wrong.

No, no I didn't. When I got to the part defending the "historical" statues honoring people I quit reading.

No further discussion from you then?

I said what I had to say. What more is there for me to discuss? If you disagree, say so.

You didn’t take the whole premise of the argument, and debate it.

And yet you've provided no rebuttal to anything I've said. I already noted, if I have said something you disagree with say so or we will move on.

such bullshit. In New Orleans we have had a statue of Lee on Lee circle for over a hundred years, hundreds of thousands of blacks and whites have passed that statue every day and no one ever claimed to be offended until last year. What changed? Now the statue is gone, is the city better? is the crime rate down? are the potholes fixed? is the flooding stopped? Who is better off because a statue is gone? the covid shutdown and our incompetent mayor have damaged this city much more than any statue.

sure, there are some bad things in our history, but to pretend that they never happened is to risk repeating them. We need to learn from history, not try to rewrite it using today's perceptions of right and wrong.

american citizens have been hearing the same BULLCRAP for the last century. "This is the most important election ever" and "the battle for the soul of america" ad nauseum. Yeah whatever. People are not dumb enough to believe this.

such bullshit. In New Orleans we have had a statue of Lee on Lee circle for over a hundred years, hundreds of thousands of blacks and whites have passed that statue every day and no one ever claimed to be offended until last year. What changed? Now the statue is gone, is the city better? is the crime rate down? are the potholes fixed? is the flooding stopped? Who is better off because a statue is gone? the covid shutdown and our incompetent mayor have damaged this city much more than any statue.

sure, there are some bad things in our history, but to pretend that they never happened is to risk repeating them. We need to learn from history, not try to rewrite it using today's perceptions of right and wrong.
Where was the statue of Hitler?

Did no one complain or did you simply not listen? No one is pretending things in the past never happened. The argument is that we shouldn't be honoring those who did those things in the public square.

american citizens have been hearing the same BULLCRAP for the last century. "This is the most important election ever" and "the battle for the soul of america" ad nauseum. Yeah whatever. People are not dumb enough to believe this.
And for some reason we get the same old crap after every election.

We will be judged by future generations for the things we do also. We may not see things as wrong today that those in the future do. I do not expect them to place monuments for the things they understand as wrong.

That was then. This is now. None of us were around to experience the thinking and mentality of former times.

Even in our own lifetimes, attitudes have changed.

That was then. This is now. None of us were around to experience the thinking and mentality of former times.

And? That makes it OK to still honor those who did those things?

And for some reason we get the same old crap after every election.

Meghan Markle says this one is different.

‘Honour’ is a strange word to use.

I guess it depends on your historical perspective

the fact is that most black Americans TODAY would not be US citizens living in America if not for slavery

instead of 13% blacks could very well be 1% or less of the population

that does not make slavery right, or excuse Jim Crow

but growing up in the richest and best nation in the world with a chip on your shoulder and hate in your heart when there is so much positive to be had is stupid at best

‘Honour’ is a strange word to use.

It's an accurate word to use.

Forum List

Back