The Confederacy was an Evil Empire

Maybe because this is the USA and the UK does not have monuments to its slave ships
The confederacy only existed for four years. It never had a slave ship. Sadly the Stars and Stripes flew from the stern of slave ships and northern factories kept the cotton plantations profitable. It's no secret that New England whaling ships were refitted as slave ships in the 1850's.

Last edited:
The confederacy only existed for four years. It never had a slave ship. Sadly the Stars and Stripes flew from the stern of slave ships and northern factories kept the cotton plantations profitable. It's no secret that New England whaling ships were refitted as slave ships in the 1850's.
Didn’t need slave ships
They forced breeding on female slaves with partners she had no choice of, including her master
When old enough, her babies were sold off often never seen again

This is the evil that was the confederacy

Didn’t need slave ships
They forced breeding on female slaves with partners she had no choice of, including her master
When old enough, her babies were sold off often never seen again

This is the evil that was the confederacy
Slavery was legal. The Confederacy didn't do it, the United States did it. Retro hypocrisy is what passes for historic accuracy in the modern left wing mind.

Slavery was legal. The Confederacy didn't do it, the United States did it. Retro hypocrisy is what passes for historic accuracy in the modern left wing mind.

More than that…..the bondage of other humans was the “Cornerstone of the Confederacy”
They broke away from the US to ensure it would endure forever. Their Constitution forbade the repeal of slavery.

A true Evil Empire

Last edited:
More than that…..the bondage of other humans was the “Cornerstone of the Confederacy”
They broke away from the US to ensure it would endure forever. Their Constitution forbade the repeal of slavery.
The "bondage of other humans" was the cornerstone and profit margin of New England whaling ships that converted to slave traders. New Jersey was the last northern state to outlaw slavery barely 15 years before the 4 year span of the Confederacy. There's enough guilt to go around without focusing on 4 years of the Confederacy.

The "bondage of other humans" was the cornerstone and profit margin of New England whaling ships that converted to slave traders. New Jersey was the last northern state to outlaw slavery barely 15 years before the 4 year span of the Confederacy. There's enough guilt to go around without focusing on 4 years of the Confederacy.

The Evil Empire was 40 percent slave with almost 4 million in bondage.
Their economy was built on free labor

I'm sure you know, but you DO know NJ is not a New England state, right?

I'm sure you know, but you DO know NJ is not a New England state, right?
I made a point about New England whaling ships converted to slave ships. I don't think I referred to New Jersey as anything but a northern state. New England factories profited from the enslavement of humans and so did Europe and England. There is enough international guilt to go around without focusing on the Southern States that apparently had a legal option to leave the Union at the time.

I made a point about New England whaling ships converted to slave ships. I don't think I referred to New Jersey as anything but a northern state. New England factories profited from the enslavement of humans and so did Europe and England. There is enough international guilt to go around without focusing on the Southern States that apparently had a legal option to leave the Union at the time.
What a goofy ^^^statement.

Name one person who celebrates slavery besides the countries who still practice it.

I'll wait.
ALL Republicans.

They do this by...
  1. Promoting revisionist history that says things like "there was good things that came out of slavery."
  2. Venerating the racist people in history via statues, holidays, events, buildings, etc.
  3. Flying the Confederate flag today, which is truly traitorous considering what it was
  4. Spewing the same rhetoric the racist Confederates spewed back then, today.
  5. Excusing the racism, bigotry, rhetoric and practices of the Confederates back then
  6. Otherwise minimizing the racism, bigotry, rhetoric and practices of the Confederates back then
We see these things practiced daily on USMB.

Forum List

Back