The Confederate Flag

The stars and bars is graphically quite simple and beautiful. So like the swastika, the twisted cross that was a Hindu symbol, but backwards. Both are embellished "X"s The basic American flag, like most other national flags, has simple and straight forward 90 degree lines. The Confederates, Nazis, even the Union jack has triangles mixed in with 90 degree angles like The French, American or German flags. As far as what they symbolize, sometime colors can be just as representative of groups others find offensive. Orange, in Ireland. Green in the middle east. We are getting on pretty thin ground here as to what is offensive and what isn't.

Last edited:
The "Stars and Bars" is the Battle Flag. The Official flag of the "Confederate States Of America" was not the traditional Stars and Bars". The first was the 'Bonnie Blue Flag', a solid blue field with a lone white star in the middle. The Official Flag of the Confederate States evolved through several designs.

I Fly the Stars and Bars in honor of my ancestors, W.J. Stewart and Robert May.
I fly the Star and Stripes in honor of my ancestors, Thomas Dorset and S. Chick.

I spit on Obama for disgracing the America I love.

Your ancestors would have been proud of you spitting on a negro

Uhmmm Obama's half white and half black muslim and he usually uses his white dialect. You should be ashamed of using that term to describe our POS in chief.

Uhmmmm...Pres. Obama isn't Muslim at all...you get stupid points for that!!!
I'm Black, and like many Black people, speak proper English; that's not the sole realm of Whites...you hit it out the stupid park with that swing!!!!

Yeah, we know, it's just his "policies...."

The "Stars and Bars" is the Battle Flag. The Official flag of the "Confederate States Of America" was not the traditional Stars and Bars". The first was the 'Bonnie Blue Flag', a solid blue field with a lone white star in the middle. The Official Flag of the Confederate States evolved through several designs.

I fly the Star and Stripes in honor of my ancestors, Thomas Dorset and S. Chick.

Has the President engaged in open, violent insurrection against the constitution of the United States of America?

Because if he has, you should fly a flag honoring him in the same spirit you fly the Confederate flag.

The north started the war against the south, but let's not let silly little facts get in the way of your rant.

Yes, let's not let the refusal to free Human Beings from chattel and agree not to make the expanding West "Free States" get in the way of Southern convolution of history...

What do we expect from a flag? What are its duties?

A flag can rally troops on the field of battle. A flag can serve as a means of identity in foreign lands (think about the opening ceremonies at the Olympic Games). A flag can be a tangible means of showing patriotism. A flag can inspire.

The Confederate flag serves none of these purposes. It only divides along racial and class lines. It should not be flown atop any state house due to its unique capacity to divide. It was originally used as a banner for the most despicable cause ever fought for in this hemisphere.

It's an historical relic, but it serves none of the noble purposes a flag should.

Sorry, but I have ancestors who fought and died under that flag. They were men of honor who didn't own slaves or believe in slavery. They were fighting for their homeland. You can pervert history all you like, you can ignorantly believe whatever you please about the Civil War, but you will not take the honor away from my ancestors. I refuse to allow that for the sake of political correctness run amok.

Ignorant is the key word and gist of your paragraph.

Not only were your ancestors ignorant asses, so are you.
It doesn't matter that your dirt poor inbred ancestors may not have actually owned slaves.
The useful idiots like your ancestors fought for an idea they were brainwashed to believe was much more important to them.
They fought to maintain a position of superiority not based on morals, intellect or honesty; they fought to maintain a system of superiority based on the color of their skin.

Black%20Confederate%20Activist%20H%20K%20Edgerton.jpg

confederate+flag.jpg

2750181519_fb8d78297c.jpg

byron-thomas-confederate-flag.jpg

Wow....a couple of blacks with the confederate flag

I guess that proves without a doubt that the flag is not a racist symbol

Come down south and you will find it's more than just a couple. But, stay ignorant if you want.

So there's more than a couple of misguided Black Folk???...hell, I could have told you that and saved you from posting your trash!!!

Has the President engaged in open, violent insurrection against the constitution of the United States of America?

Because if he has, you should fly a flag honoring him in the same spirit you fly the Confederate flag.

The north started the war against the south, but let's not let silly little facts get in the way of your rant.

Ain't funny some of you folks will insist the confederates were completely from the "Democratic Party" while passionately defending the traitorous pigs of the Confederacy?

Funny indeed! :lol:

Ain't funny some of you folks will insist the confederates were completely from the "Democratic Party" while passionately defending the traitorous pigs of the Confederacy?

Funny indeed! :lol:

e602dee8-8fb3-4b96-99ca-d4867bc994d5.jpg

What do we expect from a flag? What are its duties?

A flag can rally troops on the field of battle. A flag can serve as a means of identity in foreign lands (think about the opening ceremonies at the Olympic Games). A flag can be a tangible means of showing patriotism. A flag can inspire.

The Confederate flag serves none of these purposes. It only divides along racial and class lines. It should not be flown atop any state house due to its unique capacity to divide. It was originally used as a banner for the most despicable cause ever fought for in this hemisphere.

It's an historical relic, but it serves none of the noble purposes a flag should.

Sorry, but I have ancestors who fought and died under that flag. They were men of honor who didn't own slaves or believe in slavery. They were fighting for their homeland. You can pervert history all you like, you can ignorantly believe whatever you please about the Civil War, but you will not take the honor away from my ancestors. I refuse to allow that for the sake of political correctness run amok.

It doesn't matter that your dirt poor inbred ancestors may not have actually owned slaves.
The useful idiots like your ancestors fought for an idea they were brainwashed to believe was much more important to them.
They fought to maintain a position of superiority not based on morals, intellect or honesty; they fought to maintain a system of superiority based on the color of their skin.

No, they fought to defend their homeland. Official US law was that you could own slaves, and official SCOTUS ruling was slaves were property. This wasn't a 'belief' the Southerners had, this was law of the land in the United States of America. They were no more fighting for superiority than the North was fighting for equality. Blacks were not treated with equality until 1964. That wasn't the fault of the CSA or their battle flag.

You're the one who is apparently ignorant of history.

Your ancestors would have been proud of you spitting on a negro

Uhmmm Obama's half white and half black muslim and he usually uses his white dialect. You should be ashamed of using that term to describe our POS in chief.

I'm Black, and like many Black people, speak proper English; that's not the sole realm of Whites...you hit it out the stupid park with that swing!!!!

One would have to be an idiot to not know who Obama's parents were. What rock did you crawl out from under?

The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream - Barack Obama - Google Books

Obama's father was raised a black muslim. Obama's name is Barrack Hussein, is a muslim name. Barrack was enrolled by his parents in school under the religion islam. Barrack looks exactly like a great many muslims of the middle east. Hell barrack is a twin for OBL.

You'd have to be retarded not to see that he's a half black muslim.

No, they fought to defend their homeland. Official US law was that you could own slaves, and official SCOTUS ruling was slaves were property. This wasn't a 'belief' the Southerners had, this was law of the land in the United States of America. They were no more fighting for superiority than the North was fighting for equality. Blacks were not treated with equality until 1964. That wasn't the fault of the CSA or their battle flag.

You're the one who is apparently ignorant of history.

HAHAHA!!!!!!!....ignorant of history!!!!...HAHAHA!!!!!
HAHAHA...Blacks treated with equality in 1964???...HAHAHA!!!!

If you are so stupid as to not even know the reason your ignorant ancestors were fighting and are even more stupid that you believe that Black people were treated equally in this country in 1964, no wonder the South took a historic ass whipping and rightly so.

Their homeland was the United States of America for which they were willing to betray in order to maintain chattel slavery and expand it to the Western territories.

Man, are you still in middle school???

One would have to be an idiot to not know who Obama's parents were. What rock did you crawl out from under?

The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream - Barack Obama - Google Books

Obama's father was raised a black muslim. Obama's name is Barrack Hussein, is a muslim name. Barrack was enrolled by his parents in school under the religion islam. Barrack looks exactly like a great many muslims of the middle east. Hell barrack is a twin for OBL.

You'd have to be retarded not to see that he's a half black muslim.

Weird how he went to the Trinity United Church of Christ all those years. Its a wonder Allah didnt strike him down with lightining.

Forum List

Back