The creationists are BACK

you are misreading my argument. i do believe in science. i am trying to show her the "evidence" for her side of the argument. (which there isnt any outside the bible) vs. what science has been able to prove about the age of the earth.

That site is not representative of Christian belief. There is no Christian doctrine on how old the earth is. You cant tar and feather us with that brush.

how many sites would you like me to point out that agree on the idea that the bible shows the earth is only 6,000 year old?

and im not tar and feathering you. i could care less what the bible says about how old the earth is. but im showing that the bible is not an accurate scientific document.

The number of internet sites means nothing. The idea of the earth being 6000 years old is not a doctrine of the Christian Church. It's not in the bible. Scripture is manipulated to say that. You're saying a PERSONAL belief held by a small minority is Christian Docrtine. That is a false and misleading.

That site is not representative of Christian belief. There is no Christian doctrine on how old the earth is. You cant tar and feather us with that brush.

how many sites would you like me to point out that agree on the idea that the bible shows the earth is only 6,000 year old?

and im not tar and feathering you. i could care less what the bible says about how old the earth is. but im showing that the bible is not an accurate scientific document.

The number of internet sites means nothing. The idea of the earth being 6000 years old is not a doctrine of the Christian Church. It's not in the bible. Scripture is manipulated to say that. You're saying a PERSONAL belief held by a small minority is Christian Docrtine. That is a false and misleading.

exactly and so it comes out!

"You're saying a PERSONAL belief held by a small minority is Christian Docrtine. "

now apply that exact thinking to creationism......

you are misreading my argument. i do believe in science. i am trying to show her the "evidence" for her side of the argument. (which there isnt any outside the bible) vs. what science has been able to prove about the age of the earth.

The Bible is not about science, it's about believing in God and Jesus, how to live your life and how to become a better person.
And God knows science better than any human knows about it.

Creationism? We really still have to debate it, as if it was an actual legitimate theory or fact?

I thought that surely it's rational proponents would have also advocated that the earth is flat as well by now.

The Bible is not about science, it's about believing in God and Jesus, how to live your life and how to become a better person.

thank you for agreeing that bible not is not science nor fact. its about believing :clap2:

a question for creationists....

there have been quite a few people on here who talk about testing the theory of evolution through the scientific process, and that evolution has been observed in nature.

what is the test that can help prove creationism? or the test that has helped prove creationism? it seems to me that the only mention or supporting evidence is the bible. the same bible that says the earth is only 6000 year old.....

No the Bible does not teach that the earth is only 6,000 years old.
Some are teaching that and it is not right. If they read their bible they would get this correct.
The bible says that Gods years of one day is equivalent to 1,000 years of mankind.
It took God 6,000 years to create life of everything here on earth.
To him it was 6 days, to us it was 6,000 years.
And we have no real idea of how old the earth really was before he stared life here. And we have no idea of how long life has been since his creation.
I support that earth maybe billions of years old.
And science has proved that life had to come from something or someone who started it.
Life does not come from dead material.

Wow Peach, wow.

That's not what the Bible says about the Earth's age.

It has to do with the generations of man after Adam. The Bible says AT MOST the Earth is 6,000 years old, I think sometimes the people who go against it aren't completely accurate. According to the generations of man the Bible talks about the Earth could only be roughly 4,000-6,000 years old, so 6,000 years is on the high end.

But I don't understand why creationists argue about facts. Why do facts matter? Isn't it about faith? There's a lot in the Bible that you have to deny science facts to believe in (resurrection, great flood, talking snakes, etc), so why is it that you make it seem like a big deal to classify scientific facts as "only" theories in order to deny them?

It's about faith, not facts, right?

thank you for agreeing that bible not is not science nor fact. its about believing :clap2:

Where did I say the Bible is not Fact? That is assumtion on your part.
I don't like it when the left does this all time,says that you say something when you don't

I said it is not about science, not that bible is about science.

I don't like it when the left does this all time,says that you say something when you don't

Then why are you arguing with science? Why does it matter if the Bible and science don't agree with something? Why do aspects of the Bible have to be taught in science classes when you say "it's not about science"?

That's the whole point of the thread.

exactly and so it comes out!

"You're saying a PERSONAL belief held by a small minority is Christian Docrtine. "

now apply that exact thinking to creationism......

No. What I'm saying in you are misleading.

science is about verifiable truths. truths that can be tested by a standard set of questions or procedures and then repeated again and again to check those test results.

faith is based upon a blind belief in something that is not verifiable by a set of standards. its simply something you "believe or not". it can not be proven.

i have already established that the supreme court has ruled that there has to be a separation between the church and the state. and that creationism can not be taught in school. if you have a child and want them to learn that, there are private and religious school which will accommodate you. but public monies should not be used to teach a part of religion.

Then why are you arguing with science? Why does it matter if the Bible and science don't agree with something? Why do aspects of the Bible have to be taught in science classes when you say "it's not about science"?

Then why are you arguing with science
I would well imagine its because its not proven Science just as you are clinging to the assumption that evolution is a fact of Science

I would well imagine its because its not proven Science just as you are clinging to the assumption that evolution is a fact of Science

how is evolution not a part of science? that makes no sense at all. its completely rooted in science.

Understanding Evolution

I'm not clinging, evolution is an undeniable fact. Requires no clinging, pretending creationism and evolution are the same thing scientifically takes a desperate level of clinging and an ability to ignore even the most elementary aspects of science.

how is evolution not a part of science? that makes no sense at all. its completely rooted in science.

Understanding Evolution

Its rooted in Science as a possible Theory to answer the Ultimate question.

I also said that our Creator knows more about science that any human here on earth.
Our Creator created the first forms of life and science has proved that.
Louis Pasteur proved that life has to come from life. Science experiments have never proven life has come from something non living.
The bible and science go hand in hand.
Science has had more proof in the bible than the other way around.

Understanding Evolution

and creationism is rooted in "faith."which be definition can not be proven.

Faith - strong or unshakeable belief in something, esp without proof or evidence

Faith | Define Faith at Dictionary.com

Understanding Evolution

Faith - strong or unshakeable belief in something, esp without proof or evidence

Funny how you are showing just as much "faith" in assuming that the Science is fact when it hasn't been proven in any manner. Sort of makes you a hypocrite now doesn't it?

I also said that our Creator knows more about science that any human here on earth.
Our Creator created the first forms of life and science has proved that.
Louis Pasteur proved that life has to come from life. Science experiments have never proven life has come from something non living.
The bible and science go hand in hand.
Science has had more proof in the bible than the other way around.

No science hasn't proven that.

And no science hasn't proven that snakes can talk, people can resurrect, the earth is 6,000 years old etc, it's proven the opposite to be true. That's the problem religion has with science, is science has proven so many of it's most important tenets to be absolutely 100% false.

Understanding Evolution

It is the number one theory explaining the diversity of life on this planet. Creationism is a belief that something else is responsible. Creationism should be taught in a religious context not a scientific one.

Funny how you are showing just as much "faith" in assuming that the Science is fact when it hasn't been proven in any manner. Sort of makes you a hypocrite now doesn't it?

how has science not proven this to be fact? you keep claiming this without any evidence. ive already posted a link from UC Berkeley detailing evolution. or that just some hack institute in your mind? :cuckoo:

heres another from another "hack" institute as well: http://www8.nationalacademies.org/onpinews/newsitem.aspx?RecordID=11876

Last edited:

Forum List

Back