The Debt Ceiling and the Electoral College are dinosaurs!

They are dinosaurs that serve no useful economic or political purpose in today's world. What useful purpose do they serve? What do you think?
Great, let's start with all the dinosaurs in congress and occupying the White House. Remove anyone over, say, 65.

He won. Twice. That's really all that matters.

And the Electoral College should still be abolished. Too many red gerrymandered states cooking the electoral books.
You can just about put most states in the red/blue column before one vote is cast in an election.

Without getting more than 50% of the popular vote. Not even once.

And the Electoral College should still be abolished.

If you can get an amendment to do that..........

Too many red gerrymandered states cooking the electoral books.

How does gerrymandering impact the electoral college?

Without getting more than 50% of the popular vote. Not even once.

And the Electoral College should still be abolished.

If you can get an amendment to do that..........

Too many red gerrymandered states cooking the electoral books.

How does gerrymandering impact the electoral college?
Gerrymandering draws friendly lines around clusters of Republican and/or Democrat voting blocks, and along racial boundaries as well. Since Republicans have controlled most of these states, the lines have been drawn in their favor. Now, to be fair, both sides do it. But Republicans have made it into an art form.

Gerrymandering draws friendly lines around clusters of Republican and/or Democrat voting blocks, and along racial boundaries as well. Since Republicans have controlled most of these states, the lines have been drawn in their favor. Now, to be fair, both sides do it. But Republicans have made it into an art form.
So gerrymandering got Bush and Trump elected?

Gerrymandering draws friendly lines around clusters of Republican and/or Democrat voting blocks, and along racial boundaries as well. Since Republicans have controlled most of these states, the lines have been drawn in their favor.

Sounds awful!

How does that impact the electoral college?

You almost gotta laugh that the electoral college and the debit ceiling are only seen as enemies during a republican majority.

FwJif0KWwAElIse
One could also say that the EC saved our country from Al Gore and Hillary Clinton. I consider that a big accomplishment.

Last edited:
Who was the last person you voted for that spent responsibly?
There have been some conservative legislators who tried to limit spending but nowhere near a majority. The way our electoral process has evolved, overspending has become crucial to an incumbent's reelection. It's going to take patriotic, unselfish people to balance our budget, and I'm not optimistic about that. So to answer your question, I don't recall voting for anyone who spent responsibly but that doesn't mean I will abandon that as one of my big requirements in a politician. Beside cutting the size of government across the board, I think a big part of achieving fiscal responsibility will also include pointing out unconstitutional, obscene and offensive spending wherever it occurs.

There have been some conservative legislators who tried to limit spending but nowhere near a majority. The way our electoral process has evolved, overspending has become crucial to an incumbent's reelection. It's going to take patriotic, unselfish people to balance our budget, and I'm not optimistic about that. So to answer your question, I don't recall voting for anyone who spent responsibly but that doesn't mean I will abandon that as one of my big requirements in a politician. Beside cutting the size of government across the board, I think a big part of achieving fiscal responsibility will also include pointing out unconstitutional, obscene and offensive spending wherever it occurs.

If you do not vote for will spend responsibly, then talking about it on a internet forum will not help a damn thing.

If you do not vote for will spend responsibly, then talking about it on a internet forum will not help a damn thing.
Untrue. We need to start cultivating better candidates who place importance on fiscal responsibility. If both of your choices are spendthrifts, nothing will ever change. You can't just leave it to the jive turkeys and their media butt boys to form opinion.

How is that working out for you?

There are almost always more than 2 choices.
I voted for Pat Buchanon, Ross Perot, Lou Barletta, Donald Trump and Ron Paul because they were for secure borders and limited free trade. I think both of those policies are fiscally responsible. Ron Paul also wanted to disband 5 or 6 unneeded government departments which was also a great idea. The establishment, that lives off of our government like a leech, would never allow anyone like that to be elected. To me, the establishment consists of the rich, the education cartel, legal cartel and media cartel, multi-national corporations and our deep state bureaucrats, It's hard to feed the truth to nincompoops that are mesmerized by the establishment.

That also - but it also allows to pay past debts that are liable now and into the future. Social Security. Military. Retirements. Etc...

FwRkyLbX0B4LbN4
Raising the debt ceiling has absolutely nothing to do with social security. Social security is funded through SS taxes and bonds sold by the US treasury. You Democrats really have to learn how things like SS or our abortion laws work before you start any new meaningless protests. Your party is making itself look stupid.

The National Elections should not be determined by demographics in New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles. America is diverse and the Electoral College preserves that.

You people only complain about the Electoral College when you lose. Didn’t hear about any fallacies with the role of the EC in ‘20 when Biden won. Why?

Forum List

Back