The dreaded gay-wedding-cake saga ends: bakers must pay 135 K

Is Christianity a race, or a behavior?
It's neither, it's a faith. Many came here seeking religious freedoms and is a major foundation of our system of government. Or it was.

So it's not a race; it's a choice of lifestyle. Just like homosexuality.
What "lifestyle" constitutes christianity. Is "lifestyle" protected by the First Amendment? Is religion?

Religion has limited protections under the 1st Amendment. For example, we don't allow human sacrifice as part of a religious ritual.

Get it?

A business should have the right to maintain their customer base and deliver a product or service to their standards.
\

They do, and they did. However they chose not to stick to an exclusive list of customers, they chose to open their business to EVERYONE. Then one of the everyone walked in and they decided they didn't like that person enough to serve them because the Bible says "love thy neighbor" and all that other bull about hating the sin and not the sinner. Oh, wait, got the wrong bit of the Bible. I mean the bit of the Bible that says "kill adulterers, kill old men, kill women, kill good Samaritans" and so on, because you're doing the word of God by being a complete bigot. Hooorahhh!!!

You didn't miss that last part because it isn't in there.

Bake the cake. Protest at the wedding itself. Problem solved.

Yeah, protest, become an absolute moron for disrupting someone's wedding, then try and claim the moral high ground before heading down the slippery slope to hell.

Absolutely disrupt the wedding. Who knows maybe the florist and the photographer may even have someone show up. Bang drums, chant loudly. There is no such thing as moral high ground when someone must provide labor against their will. Disrupt enough weddings, all while following the letter of the law, gays will get the message.

We are not supposed to scream at pagans either.

Just refuse service. Protesting the pagans is not Biblical. Christians are to follow what the Bible says. As long as we do that, G-d will be on our side.

Follow what the Bible says?

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

If one curses his father or mother, his lamp will go out at the coming of darkness. (Proverbs 20:20 NAB)

All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through. (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

One day a man who had an Israelite mother and an Egyptian father got into a fight with one of the Israelite men. During the fight, this son of an Israelite woman blasphemed the LORD's name. So the man was brought to Moses for judgment. His mother's name was Shelomith. She was the daughter of Dibri of the tribe of Dan. They put the man in custody until the LORD's will in the matter should become clear. Then the LORD said to Moses, "Take the blasphemer outside the camp, and tell all those who heard him to lay their hands on his head. Then let the entire community stone him to death. Say to the people of Israel: Those who blaspheme God will suffer the consequences of their guilt and be punished. Anyone who blasphemes the LORD's name must be stoned to death by the whole community of Israel. Any Israelite or foreigner among you who blasphemes the LORD's name will surely die. (Leviticus 24:10-16 NLT)

The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.' (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him. "Go up baldhead," they shouted, "go up baldhead!" The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two shebears came out of the woods and tore forty two of the children to pieces. (2 Kings 2:23-24 NAB)

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)

This is what the Bible says, good followers of the Bible should KILL, KILL, KILL!!!!

What does any of that have to do with Christians?

The Nazis deluded themselves into all sorts of rationalizations. I am sure they would have agreed with you that 'gay' is a race.

You see where this is going...right?

Maybe not....

It is neither.

Is this confusing you?

Oh really? Then Christians do not behave a certain way? lol

The concepts of inductive and deductive reasoning are kind of new to you...eh?

You're deflecting because you've lost the argument. No, someone losing an argument to me is not new.

That was not a deflection. It was to the point. Because you do not understand that it was to the point is ... sort of a cry for help..

Let's go back to the beginning. You wish me to choose between Christianity being either a race or a behavior. I chose neither. Obviously you classify Christianity as a behavior and I do not classify Christianity as a behavior. Let's work on that first. I classify Christianity as a belief system. You should be familiar with the concept. I am sure you have beliefs of some sort. Care to share them with us?

Time to appeal to the courts, the fags suffered no harm, they got their fucking cake elsewhere.
And this is an example of the hate and ignorance that warrants public accommodations regulatory measures.

Those hostile to gay Americans in matters of commerce will find no relief in the courts, where public accommodations laws have been consistently upheld as necessary, proper, and Constitutional as authorized by the Commerce Clause (Heart of Atlanta Motel v. US), and such necessary, proper, and Constitutional laws cannot be ignored or violated with the notion of 'religious liberty' as an 'excuse' or 'justification' to do so.

As a fact of law the gay patrons were in fact harmed, and that they might find a similar product from another provider is irrelevant, as the issue concerns regulating the markets, that refusing to accommodate patrons because of sexual orientation is disruptive to the local market and all other related markets, subject to government regulation (Wickard v. Filburn).

hate-crimes-bill-protest-poster.jpg

There is no civil right to the good will of another person. Customer service that is simply bad is not illegal. Gays may indeed get exactly what the law demands, just make the price they pay for it painful.

This case is not about a wedding cake or a marriage," Avakian wrote. "It is about a business's refusal to serve someone because of their sexual orientation. Under Oregon law, that is illegal.

"Within Oregon's public accommodations law is the basic principle of human decency that every person, regardless of their sexual orientation, has the freedom to fully participate in society. The ability to enter public places, to shop, to dine, to move about unfettered by bigotry."

Oregon law violates,their right to religious freedom.....
Baking a cake is not a religious exercise. It is baking a cake.

The dreaded gay-wedding-cake saga ends: bakers must pay 135 K

I think the title of this thread is incorrect. The word "ends" should be "begins". Hasn't the OP heard of the federal appeal system? Wait....of course he has! His cult just manipulated it all the way to the top.
There is no appeal to the federal court system for a case based solely on state law.

It would be a nice gesture if the lesbian couple turned down the award and announced that they won the point and they don't wish to ruin a small business but that's not the way the angry sodomite community operates. The lesbian couple probably could find a dozen friendly bakers but they shopped around for discrimination and the original intent was to punish and ruin the business.

The 134K was their point.
Their point was to make sure the next asshole who thinks about discriminating against gay people understand that there will be a cost. That is, in fact, the point of these types of laws; to discourage unacceptable behavior.

It is neither.

Is this confusing you?

You're deflecting because you've lost the argument. No, someone losing an argument to me is not new.

That was not a deflection. It was to the point. Because you do not understand that it was to the point is ... sort of a cry for help..

Let's go back to the beginning. You wish me to choose between Christianity being either a race or a behavior. I chose neither. Obviously you classify Christianity as a behavior and I do not classify Christianity as a behavior. Let's work on that first. I classify Christianity as a belief system. You should be familiar with the concept. I am sure you have beliefs of some sort. Care to share them with us?

They can believe anything they want, and classify it as anything they want, but if they do business with the public, they still have to bake the cake.

It would be a nice gesture if the lesbian couple turned down the award and announced that they won the point and they don't wish to ruin a small business but that's not the way the angry sodomite community operates. The lesbian couple probably could find a dozen friendly bakers but they shopped around for discrimination and the original intent was to punish and ruin the business.

Their point was to make sure the next asshole who thinks about discriminating against gay people understand that there will be a cost. That is, in fact, the point of these types of laws; to discourage unacceptable behavior.

There are many ways to discourage unacceptable behavior. Gays should be subjected to all of them.

The bakery should bake the cake, then protest the forced labor at the wedding itself.

They can believe anything they want, and classify it as anything they want, but if they do business with the public, they still have to bake the cake.

Why would you want to put money in the pocket of someone who hates you?

I just ran across this and posted in a new thread. this gets WORSE.

SNIP:

Aaron and Melissa Klein ordered not to talk publicly about their faith.
Oregon imposes gag order on Christian bakers in gay wedding case
By Dan Calabrese -- Bio and Archives July 3, 2015

In the ruling, Avakian placed an effective gag order on the Kleins, ordering them to “cease and desist” from speaking publicly about not wanting to bake cakes for same-sex weddings based on their Christian beliefs.

“This effectively strips us of all our First Amendment rights,” the Kleins, owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa, which has since closed, wrote on their Facebook page. “According to the state of Oregon we neither have freedom of religion or freedom of speech.”

The cease and desist came about after Aaron and Melissa Klein participated in an interview with Family Research Council’s Tony Perkins. During the interview, Aaron said among other things, “This fight is not over. We will continue to stand strong.”

Lawyers for plaintiffs, Rachel and Laurel Bowman-Cryer, argued that in making this statement, the Kleins violated an Oregon law banning people from acting on behalf of a place of public accommodation (in this case, the place would be the Kleins’ former bakery) to communicate anything to the effect that the place of public accommodation would discriminate.

The specific order reads: “The Commissioner of the Bureau of Labor and Industries hereby orders [Aaron and Melissa Klein] to cease and desist from publishing, circulating, issuing or displaying, or causing to be published … any communication to the effect that any of the accommodations … will be refused, withheld from or denied to, or that any discrimination be made against, any person on account of their sexual

all of it here:
Oregon imposes gag order on Christian bakers in gay wedding case

There are many ways to discourage unacceptable behavior. Gays should be subjected to all of them.

The bakery should bake the cake, then protest the forced labor at the wedding itself.
If they are low life, classless assholes like you, they might very well do that.

Forced labor at the wedding? Please explain.

It is neither.

Is this confusing you?

Go ask Paint how far that line of reasoning took him. It is earlier in the thread.

Forum List

Back