The Epidemic of Racial Crimes in America

Oldstyle said:
The reason that I went directly to the Missouri statutes themselves instead of your source, JQ was because of the following disclaimer from that source:

"ABA Criminal Justice Section Disclaimer
Please note that the American Bar Association’s Juvenile Collateral Consequences Project is intended as a type of ‘wiki-based’ endeavor that relies on users to verify and update the resources available on the website."

You are not citing Missouri statute...you're citing a "wiki-based" interpretation of Missouri statutes that may or may not be accurate...hence the warning from the ABA not to assume everything contained in their project to be factual.

It doesn't matter which link I cited, yours or mine. Your original statement was clobbered by both.

Nice try but the closest thing to a disclaime on the ABA Juvenile Collateral Consequences Project's webpage is this:

NOTE TO USER:
While every attempt has been made to ensure accuracy, local practices and procedures may vary. We encourage every user to consult with an experienced juvenile justice practitioner in the jurisdiction to determine how best to proceed in any particular situation.

I think we've been off topic far too long... The shooting of Michael Brown and whether he has sealed juvenile criminal records has little to do with the title of the op. Its been interesting and educational. Thanks for a good, clean, debate!

Forum List

Back