The FACTS on Food Stamps

here in CA.... there are no "criteria" You can use EBT cards to purchase fast food and starbucks coffee. Lots of them have all put up "we now accept EBT" up in the doors.

I can't confirm or deny this, but I heard in Massachussets you can just withdraw the money off your EBT card, like a debit card? I think someone posted something about this a while back.

now you can confirm it hg..... it can be used for fast food junk.

Fast Food Chains Getting Into the Food Stamp Act - ABC News

Not food stamps, you can withdraw cash from your cash benefits.
And why shouldn't you be able to?

EBT facts. The thread is about the facts.

Fact...you CAN purchase lobster or any other high end luxury food you want.
Fact...you CAN purchase fast food.

spin around it all you want..... they are still facts.

Well the fast food depends on what state you are in, you can't buy that where I live, they won't even let you buy hot food like rotissirie chicken from Walmart.

You finding an anecdotal account of a person buying a lobster with an EBT card isn't a "fact" by any stretch of the imagination....in fact it reeks of being an attack on a class of people you despise for being poor either from their own doing or that of an employer who shipped their job off to China. You won't answer my question as to whether you are profiting from an outsourced business. If that's the case, then you should admit it so your opinion on this subject can be seen in context. The rest of this thread has so few "facts" in it it's hilarious...rumors and exaggerations and anger from those who resent their taxes being used in such a manner. Those I agree with. The class of people who've sold out the working men and women in this country, I despise.

ok... simple question... yes or no.

can you buy lobster with snap?

Can't you see they are taking more than they need now?

Nope, sure can't. But then I believe little of what I hear and almost nothing that I read so there ya go. In my business experience I depended on customers having discretionary income. That no longer exists for a growing portion of our citizens.....I don't hate them for losing their jobs and giving up after years of interviews that went nowhere. Either we bring the jobs that were off-shored back or we risk a permanent under-class of those on government programs we can no longer afford. And never believe the gated communities won't be overrun if this thing falls apart.....EBT is a safety net as much for us as those who are going without.

Discretionary income is from being able to market one's skills and education level to compete these days in an international global economy.
High school diploma or college diploma in Greek Mythology does not work anymore in a high tech economy.
My son is an IT recruiter and he says there are over 1 million vacancies NOW.
Same with HVAC, plumbing, car repair, marine mechanics, oil rig jobs and other blue collar jobs that pay good money.
Here in Georgia they start HVAC kids out at $700 a week and within a year or so you get 45% commission on service call labor, they make about $65K a year.
Plumbers?, man alive they make good money here.
Same with auto mechanics.
IT or chemical engineering or anything tech?
PLenty of jobs but they line up still to take the easy way out in college with NO or one math course the entire 4 years.
Real world, we do not live 30 years ago when folks with a high school education made middle income wages putting something together that now a Mexican man with a 5th grade education can do the same thing.
The horse and buggy days are over and we need to quit supporting that mentality.

Those jobs are all icky though.:eusa_angel:

You finding an anecdotal account of a person buying a lobster with an EBT card isn't a "fact" by any stretch of the imagination....in fact it reeks of being an attack on a class of people you despise for being poor either from their own doing or that of an employer who shipped their job off to China. You won't answer my question as to whether you are profiting from an outsourced business. If that's the case, then you should admit it so your opinion on this subject can be seen in context. The rest of this thread has so few "facts" in it it's hilarious...rumors and exaggerations and anger from those who resent their taxes being used in such a manner. Those I agree with. The class of people who've sold out the working men and women in this country, I despise.

yes, why not?

Nope, sure can't. But then I believe little of what I hear and almost nothing that I read so there ya go. In my business experience I depended on customers having discretionary income. That no longer exists for a growing portion of our citizens.....I don't hate them for losing their jobs and giving up after years of interviews that went nowhere. Either we bring the jobs that were off-shored back or we risk a permanent under-class of those on government programs we can no longer afford. And never believe the gated communities won't be overrun if this thing falls apart.....EBT is a safety net as much for us as those who are going without.

Discretionary income is from being able to market one's skills and education level to compete these days in an international global economy.
High school diploma or college diploma in Greek Mythology does not work anymore in a high tech economy.
My son is an IT recruiter and he says there are over 1 million vacancies NOW.
Same with HVAC, plumbing, car repair, marine mechanics, oil rig jobs and other blue collar jobs that pay good money.
Here in Georgia they start HVAC kids out at $700 a week and within a year or so you get 45% commission on service call labor, they make about $65K a year.
Plumbers?, man alive they make good money here.
Same with auto mechanics.
IT or chemical engineering or anything tech?
PLenty of jobs but they line up still to take the easy way out in college with NO or one math course the entire 4 years.
Real world, we do not live 30 years ago when folks with a high school education made middle income wages putting something together that now a Mexican man with a 5th grade education can do the same thing.
The horse and buggy days are over and we need to quit supporting that mentality.

Those jobs are all icky though.:eusa_angel:

try beibg over 50 and getting a job. I have experience in industrial electronics, but every application I put in never gets a call back.

Well the fast food depends on what state you are in, you can't buy that where I live, they won't even let you buy hot food like rotissirie chicken from Walmart.

I saw a yelling match over deli chicken in the Safeway I shop in.....not on EBT, no way, no how.

No, it's a loaded question and one you've already been trashed asking. This is school yard stuff.....I hear you're a respected poster here.....how about getting your game back up to snuff. :eusa_eh:

I saw a yelling match over deli chicken in the Safeway I shop in.....not on EBT, no way, no how.

Yup they won't let you buy anything hot.

You can only buy fast food with your food stamps if you live in Arizona, parts of California, and Michigan. Kentucky was working to allow it also, not sure if it passed yet.
And you have to be elderly, disabled, or homeless.
You cannot withdraw cash from your food stamps. You can withdraw cash if you were given a TANF grant. And that is obvious why. It's hard to pay bills etc.. With your EBT card.

Once it is cold you can. When I worked at Albertsons you couldn't by fried chicken when it was warm but you could buy the day old stuff we sell cold.

No, it's a loaded question and one you've already been trashed asking. This is school yard stuff.....I hear you're a respected poster here.....how about getting your game back up to snuff. :eusa_eh:

Actually, the one who's getting trashed is you.

It's not a loaded question, it's a yes or no question. And like most leftard loons, you resent yes or no questions...because you know what the answer is, but you want to spin it in a way that's contrary to the truth.

"Yes they can BUT THEY NEVER DO"...without any evidence at all that they never do, of course. Just your insistence that of course they wouldn't because they're fine upright citizens who would never spend their foodstamps foolishly, in a way contrary to their intended purpose, or in any way that indicated they are WALLOWING in food.

The FACTS are contrary to the hooey that you're spouting. So no, Syrenn hasn't been trashed at all. The truth stands on it's own...and what you're peddling isn't the truth at all. It's fuzzy imaginings and your vision of the way you think it is...and it stands in stark contrast to the reality, as any person who has ever worked in human services will tell you.

You can only buy fast food with your food stamps if you live in Arizona, parts of California, and Michigan. Kentucky was working to allow it also, not sure if it passed yet.
You cannot withdraw cash from your food stamps. You can withdraw cash if you were given a TANF grant. And that is obvious why. It's hard to pay bills etc.. With your EBT card.

I find this whole discussion about lobster ridiculous. If someone is buying things like lobster with food stamps, it is rare, not a typical thing. If people did that, they'd run out of their food stamps in a week, or in a day even. There will always be people who abuse any system; you don't eliminate the system because of those who may abuse it.

As well, what if people buy junk food with food stamps. What gives Americans, most of whom live on tons of junk food and are over weight, the right to say that only they can do such things, that poor people must be punished for being poor by only eating rice, beans and vegetables? Get a life. The food stamp budget isn't breaking America's back: stupidity is what is doing that.

its not a loaded question

can you buy lobster with food stamps/snap?

yes or no.

BTW..I spoke with a man today who was reporting his wife for selling foodstamps for drugs, lolol...

ATTENTION GOPers....I'm Tea Party for the simple reason the county club set of the GOP is as out of touch with reality as the Rats are. C'mon.....think about what you're reading in this thread and decide if it's bluster, baloney, or brass tacks certain. Is EBT wrought with fraud....who knows? Should illegals and grifters get benefits.....NO. Does anybody seriously believe anybody outside the welfare-generations getting these benefits wouldn't rather work? I don't. Folks I see in line with their EBT card have it hidden in the palm of their hand. You can see the embarrassment and then the anger aimed at a cashier who makes them swipe it twice because she assumed it was a straight debit transaction. Use you head reading this or better yet, leave this thread....it's gone stupid with misinformation both intended and unintended.

I find this whole discussion about lobster ridiculous. If someone is buying things like lobster with food stamps, it is rare, not a typical thing. If people did that, they'd run out of their food stamps in a week, or in a day even. There will always be people who abuse any system; you don't eliminate the system because of those who may abuse it.

As well, what if people buy junk food with food stamps. What gives Americans, most of whom live on tons of junk food and are over weight, the right to say that only they can do such things, that poor people must be punished for being poor by only eating rice, beans and vegetables? Get a life. The food stamp budget isn't breaking America's back: stupidity is what is doing that.

Stupidity like the vapid tripe you just wrote.

It is not rare. It is prevalent.

Nobody is punishing anyone. It's a program meant to prevent starvation, and as an entitlement program (which means it isn't earned) we can give free food in any manner we choose. If we choose to only provide beans, rice, milk and 10 lbs a meat, we can do that. If people don't like it, they can get their own food.

That's the way it works the best.

The whole idea that people have a *right* to free lobster and ribeye is ridiculous. They don't. If they did, then I would be getting mine as well...

What you are saying is that FOODSTAMP RECIPIENTS have a right to FREE DELICACIES that nobody else can afford.

They don't.

Actually, the one who's getting trashed is you.

It's not a loaded question, it's a yes or no question. And like most leftard loons, you resent yes or no questions...because you know what the answer is, but you want to spin it in a way that's contrary to the truth.

"Yes they can BUT THEY NEVER DO"...without any evidence at all that they never do, of course. Just your insistence that of course they wouldn't because they're fine upright citizens who would never spend their foodstamps foolishly, in a way contrary to their intended purpose, or in any way that indicated they are WALLOWING in food.

The FACTS are contrary to the hooey that you're spouting. So no, Syrenn hasn't been trashed at all. The truth stands on it's own...and what you're peddling isn't the truth at all. It's fuzzy imaginings and your vision of the way you think it is...and it stands in stark contrast to the reality, as any person who has ever worked in human services will tell you.

Now I'm a "lefttard loon"? Okay, lets DANCE....you are a single mother by your own choosing, have been denied EBT benefits and are resentful others can get them and you can't. That's how I read you. You don't know your ass from up about the merchant's point of view in this and laughed when I tried to explain it to you. I think you're an angry bitter woman who has tried to stay Syrenn's pal here, but the truth of the matter is she has no more respect for you or your situation than your case-worker did. Now I'm removing you from my "friends" list....you no longer qualify for that either ya little witch. :eusa_boohoo:

come on [MENTION=44029]JoeBlam[/MENTION]

can you buy lobster with snap/food stamps?

yes or no?

Forum List

Back