The Fallacy of Marijuana Taxes Helping the Economy

Smoking weed makes you stupid.

images

Someone has to flip burgers otherwise people would starve.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

I usually prefer to eat at home. So, I'm cool either way.

Drinking alcohol will cause mental illness as well...any drug that stimulates the brain to release large amounts of Dopamine will cause an overload and then burnout..

Even the prescription drugs can do that..

Hey I have been reading about putting money into the pot stocks, what do you all think about that?
Alcohol has been used since time began.
Next up you will be using the "Heroin was legal and we can tax it" excuse to get it mainstream.

Dude I am a licensed addiction counselor....all drugs affect the part of the brain that is the reward center..Some max it out like Crack..
Pot and alcohol are basically the same thing..but in excess it will kill you.

So why not tax pot..
You should be fired then for not even knowing the links between pot and severe mental illness.

What I am saying is that all drugs including natural ones affect the brain...

Damn you are frustrating Penguin.

Funny-Penguin-Pictures-2-570x641.jpg

So are you pissed that they are getting a billion in taxes from Cannabis or just pissed at the way you think they'll spend it?

Taxes plus not paying to incarcerate otherwise productive citizens is a win win for any state.

What fallacy?
The degradation of society for the sake of money that will only be used to further degrade society is the issue.

Then what are you doing right in the middle of it? You would be better off wearing sack cloth and living in a cave somewhere. You wouldn't be tainted by society that way.
Thin blue line keeping you freaks at bay.

Yeah it's' really tough keeping stoners at bay.
Pot and alcohol are basically the same thing

Except they're not. Alcohol is physically addictive. Marijuana is not. You can drink yourself to death in one night. You can smoke yourself to sleep and that's about all. The effects are not the same either. Not even close.
Sure Marijuana is not addictive.
The entire legalization issue is here because it is addictive.

Drinking alcohol will cause mental illness as well...any drug that stimulates the brain to release large amounts of Dopamine will cause an overload and then burnout..

Hey I have been reading about putting money into the pot stocks, what do you all think about that?
Next up you will be using the "Heroin was legal and we can tax it" excuse to get it mainstream.

Dude I am a licensed addiction counselor....all drugs affect the part of the brain that is the reward center..Some max it out like Crack..

So why not tax pot..
You should be fired then for not even knowing the links between pot and severe mental illness.

I have yet to hear how aspirin can lead to severe mental illness like marijuana does.

So are you pissed that they are getting a billion in taxes from Cannabis or just pissed at the way you think they'll spend it?

Taxes plus not paying to incarcerate otherwise productive citizens is a win win for any state.

What fallacy?
The degradation of society for the sake of money that will only be used to further degrade society is the issue.

Then what are you doing right in the middle of it? You would be better off wearing sack cloth and living in a cave somewhere. You wouldn't be tainted by society that way.

Except they're not. Alcohol is physically addictive. Marijuana is not. You can drink yourself to death in one night. You can smoke yourself to sleep and that's about all. The effects are not the same either. Not even close.

Even nose spray can be addictive when the brain changes to accommodate it..

Now the body can't go into shock or coma withdrawing but you still have symptoms like any addict..

More than half smoked more than 2,000 times. A total of 42.4% experienced at least one withdrawal symptom -- most commonly, cravings, irritability, boredom, anxiety, and sleep disturbances -- when they tried to quit. Of those who reported withdrawal symptoms, 78.4% said they started smoking pot again to reduce them.

Why is legalized drug use always a left wing issue? They want to put people in jail for smoking a cigarette in public in some cities but the freaking hypocrites think it's fine for their kids to get hooked on a gateway drug. Anybody know a heroin addict who didn't start smoking marijuana? There are even a ton of government sponsored commercials (some horrifying) to convince people to give up cigarettes but not one to give up other substances. They aren't going to make any money in taxes by legalizing marijuana. Some growers and manufactures will comply in part with tax laws but the majority of the marijuana distribution will remain underground and criminal.

Marijuana has been used just as long as fermentation...maybe longer.
So has heroin.

Raw opium maybe. Not it's derivatives. Should be legal to to grow for personal use too.

So why not tax pot..

What study proves that link? None.

Debunking the Myth of a Link Between Marijuana and Mental Illness

Last edited:

So why not tax pot..

I have yet to hear how aspirin can lead to severe mental illness like marijuana does.

:slap::smartass:

lol....You would be surprised , aspirin has beneficiary factors because of its effects of the brain and body..any drug put into the body will have side effects..

Aspirin: a review of its neurobiological properties and therapeutic potential for mental illness | BMC Medicine | Full Text

One of the most commonly used pharmaceuticals in medicine, acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin), is an agent that may be capable of interrupting this neurotoxic cascade. Aspirin exerts its effects on the inflammatory cascades, irreversibly inhibiting cyclooxygenase (COX)--1, and modifying enzyme activity of COX-2, suppressing production of prostaglandins and thromboxanes [9]. These anti-inflammatory and anti-platelet mechanisms have been found to have positive effects on the risk of atherosclerosis, heart disease [10], stroke, and potentially, some cancers [11]. Given that similar disease mechanisms may underwrite the pathophysiology of major neuropsychiatric disorders, it is possible that aspirin, by interrupting neurotoxic cascades, could be a potential candidate for secondary prevention. In this review, we assess the evidence base supporting inflammatory and oxidative-stress disturbance in major neuropsychiatric disorders, and propose how aspirin may alter such pathways.

Why is legalized drug use always a left wing issue? They want to put people in jail for smoking a cigarette in public in some cities but the freaking hypocrites think it's fine for their kids to get hooked on a gateway drug. Anybody know a heroin addict who didn't start smoking marijuana? There are even a ton of government sponsored commercials (some horrifying) to convince people to give up cigarettes but not one to give up other substances. They aren't going to make any money in taxes by legalizing marijuana. Some growers and manufactures will comply in part with tax laws but the majority of the marijuana distribution will remain underground and criminal.

Well I agree with you there...in my town cigarettes are taboo, but they have cigars smoking rooms.. Oh brother

So why not tax pot..

:slap::smartass:

lol....You would be surprised , aspirin has beneficiary factors because of its effects of the brain and body..any drug put into the body will have side effects..

Aspirin: a review of its neurobiological properties and therapeutic potential for mental illness | BMC Medicine | Full Text

One of the most commonly used pharmaceuticals in medicine, acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin), is an agent that may be capable of interrupting this neurotoxic cascade. Aspirin exerts its effects on the inflammatory cascades, irreversibly inhibiting cyclooxygenase (COX)--1, and modifying enzyme activity of COX-2, suppressing production of prostaglandins and thromboxanes [9]. These anti-inflammatory and anti-platelet mechanisms have been found to have positive effects on the risk of atherosclerosis, heart disease [10], stroke, and potentially, some cancers [11]. Given that similar disease mechanisms may underwrite the pathophysiology of major neuropsychiatric disorders, it is possible that aspirin, by interrupting neurotoxic cascades, could be a potential candidate for secondary prevention. In this review, we assess the evidence base supporting inflammatory and oxidative-stress disturbance in major neuropsychiatric disorders, and propose how aspirin may alter such pathways.
So now you equate the benefits of aspirin to a drug known to cause schizophrenia. :cuckoo:

So has heroin.

No, heroin has not been around and in use as long as marijuana. Opium dens only go back to around the 1800s. Pot use predates Jesus.

So has heroin.

No, heroin has not been around and in use as long as marijuana. Opium dens only go back to around the 1800s. Pot use predates Jesus.
Irrelevant to the OP. Stay on topic.

What fallacy?

Let me repeat it for you. Marijuana is not physically addictive the way alcohol is. You can die from withdrawals from alcohol. You can die from an overdoes of alcohol. The human body will not die if a chronic smoker suddenly quits. You cannot overdoes on marijuana.

Let me repeat it for you. Marijuana is not physically addictive the way alcohol is. You can die from withdrawals from alcohol. You can die from an overdoes of alcohol. The human body will not die if a chronic smoker suddenly quits. You cannot overdoes on marijuana.
Irrelevant to the OP.

So has heroin.

So does opium use.

Papaver somniferum has long been popular in Europe. Fossil remains of poppy-seed cake and poppy-pods have been found in Neolithic Swiss lake-dwellings dating from over 4,000 years ago. Poppy images appear in Egyptian pictography and Roman sculpture. Representations of the Greek and Roman gods of sleep, Hypnos and Somnos, show them wearing or carrying poppies. Throughout Egyptian civilisation, priest-physicians promoted the household use of opium preparations. Such remedies were called "thebacium" after the highly potent poppies grown near the capital city of Thebes. Egyptian pharaohs were entombed with opium artefacts by their side. Opium could also readily be bought on the street-markets of Rome. By the eighth century AD, opium use had spread to Arabia, India and China. The Arabs both used opium and organised its trade. For the Prophet had prohibited the use of alcohol, not hashish or opiates.

Classical Greek physicians either ground the whole plant or used opium extract. Galen lists its medical indications, noting how opium...

"...resists poison and venomous bites, cures chronic headache, vertigo, deafness, epilepsy, apoplexy, dimness of sight, loss of voice, asthma, coughs of all kinds, spitting of blood, tightness of breath, colic, the lilac poison, jaundice, hardness of the spleen stone, urinary complaints, fever, dropsies, leprosies, the trouble to which women are subject, melancholy and all pestilences."
Later authorities were scarcely less enthusiastic. Physicians commonly believed that the poppy plant was of divine origin; opium was variously called the Sacred Anchor Of Life, Milk Of Paradise, the Hand Of God, and Destroyer Of Grief. Thomas Sydenham, the 17th-century pioneer of English medicine, writes....

"Among the remedies which it has pleased Almighty God to give to man to relieve his sufferings, none is so universal and so efficacious as opium."

A Brief History of Opium

So has heroin.

So does opium use.

Papaver somniferum has long been popular in Europe. Fossil remains of poppy-seed cake and poppy-pods have been found in Neolithic Swiss lake-dwellings dating from over 4,000 years ago. Poppy images appear in Egyptian pictography and Roman sculpture. Representations of the Greek and Roman gods of sleep, Hypnos and Somnos, show them wearing or carrying poppies. Throughout Egyptian civilisation, priest-physicians promoted the household use of opium preparations. Such remedies were called "thebacium" after the highly potent poppies grown near the capital city of Thebes. Egyptian pharaohs were entombed with opium artefacts by their side. Opium could also readily be bought on the street-markets of Rome. By the eighth century AD, opium use had spread to Arabia, India and China. The Arabs both used opium and organised its trade. For the Prophet had prohibited the use of alcohol, not hashish or opiates.

Classical Greek physicians either ground the whole plant or used opium extract. Galen lists its medical indications, noting how opium...

"...resists poison and venomous bites, cures chronic headache, vertigo, deafness, epilepsy, apoplexy, dimness of sight, loss of voice, asthma, coughs of all kinds, spitting of blood, tightness of breath, colic, the lilac poison, jaundice, hardness of the spleen stone, urinary complaints, fever, dropsies, leprosies, the trouble to which women are subject, melancholy and all pestilences."
Later authorities were scarcely less enthusiastic. Physicians commonly believed that the poppy plant was of divine origin; opium was variously called the Sacred Anchor Of Life, Milk Of Paradise, the Hand Of God, and Destroyer Of Grief. Thomas Sydenham, the 17th-century pioneer of English medicine, writes....

"Among the remedies which it has pleased Almighty God to give to man to relieve his sufferings, none is so universal and so efficacious as opium."

A Brief History of Opium
Irrelevant to the OP, stay on topic.

Irrelevant to the OP.

You're the one who implied that I was not correct in stating that Marijuana was not physically addictive. I felt like setting the record straight.

What fallacy?

That you Barney?

What fallacy?

Amazing. A keyboard warrior knows more about it than scientists that have studied it. You should write them a letter to let them know they are all wrong.

Forum List

Back