The first domino falls in GA

Scott Hall, a Georgia bail bondsman accused in a plot to steal election data to help Donald Trump discredit the vote in Georgia, pleaded guilty to five counts of of conspiracy to commit intentional interference with the performance of election duties on Friday.

The plea agreement was presented to the judge in brief unscheduled hearing, and the judge immediately sentenced Hall in accordance with the plea agreement.

He’s the first defendant in Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willi’s sprawling election conspiracy case to take a plea deal.

A video posted by Fulton County Superior Judge Scott McAfee’s chambers shows Hall entering his plea.

Hall was indicted last month on seven counts, including a RICO charge and conspiracy to commit election fraud. Under the plea agreement, prosecutors downgraded five counts from from felonies to misdemeanors, and the remaining two charges were dropped.

First Plea Deal And Sentencing Wraps Up In Georgia RICO Case

He's the first of what I'm guessing is many to come. Fani has a wealth of evidence to prosecute these folks with. Congrats to her and the grand jury. All of whom have received threats from Trump's mob.
If you do the crime, do the time.

Lawyers should be held to higher standard.

That would seem to be bad news for Trump, since the only standard he cares about is loyalty. So what does he get? A lawyer that forgets to check a box on a legal filing and gets Trump a bench trial instead of a jury! :auiqs.jpg:

A little probation VS the federal government bankrupting you and your family.

Gee, I wonder why he would choose a little probation.

He gets "a little probation" because his role in the conspiracy was a relatively small one: To convince the mother/daughter duo that Gulliani had falsely accused of election fraud, to confess to their "crimes".

You can google his Indictment for the particulars. If, at this point, you haven't bothered to read or learn about them, that's on YOU. If you can't be bothered to read the underlying materials to these discussions, it's not up to us to spoon feed you.

I would bet an expensive steak dinner that a corrupt judicial system left him no choice to avoid a long drawn out and obscenely expensive trial and possibility of a jail sentence for a plea deal in which he simply gets probation. Of course they made him agree to testify against the others, but if he's a smart man, and he probably is, he'll do so in a way that won't harm them.
You expect him to lie? That negates his plea deal and oops… lotso prison time

/---/ If a prosecutor with limitless resources threatened you with jail, fines, and legal fees that would bankrupt you, you'd confess to blowing up the Hindenburg.
Cellblock2429, is Donald Trump pleading poverty? He cannot afford an adequate defense? In criminal cases, those that cannot afford a lawyer may petition the court to provide them with a licensed attorney. Are you contending that Donald Trump will not be adequately defended?
The Georgia and the latest federal Washington DC indictments against Donald Trump are criminal cases and guilt must be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. If a jury determines Trump blew up the Hindenburg, that would be a criminal case. If a jury would make such a determination, it's then extremely unlikely that Trump didn't participate in the destruction of the Hindenburg.
Respectfully, Supposn

All this demonstrates is that the GA case is excessively weak, they had to plea it down to misdemeanors. Liberals are in for some major disappointment in the near future. Trump isn't going to plea down anything, that's put the full burden on the local yokels. I expect much crying, whining, and rioting from liberals by the time this is done.

No I don't expect him to lie. Do you expect him to lie about crimes the others did not commit?
We watched them commit these crimes in broad daylight. They hid nothing and they bragged about what they were doing on television every night.

It was disgusting and it is beyond me why you continue to believe these lying criminals. Even Trump's own daughter and son-in-law testified against him. Where are his wife and family backing him up? Nowhere to be seen.

That would seem to be bad news for Trump, since the only standard he cares about is loyalty. So what does he get? A lawyer that forgets to check a box on a legal filing and gets Trump a bench trial instead of a jury! :auiqs.jpg:

What makes me curious, why is it you commies are trying to deflect from what I said about the crackhead? Do you disagree that lawyers should be held to a higher standard?

What makes me curious, why is it you commies are trying to deflect from what I said about the crackhead? Do you disagree that lawyers should be held to a higher standard?

They should be held to the same standard as any other citizen. As individuals of any profession, including politicians.

They are. If convicted, they lose their law license. As "officers of the court", lawyers are required to uphold the law and the Constitution. Failure to keep these promises mean you'll have to find another line of work.

That actually depends on exactly what they are convicted of, sometimes their license is only suspended, if that.

The justice department looks hypocritical if they don't at least hold Presidents, ex Presidents, VPs, ex VPs to the letter of the law.
Personally I hold them to a higher standard.

Yet the DOJ allowed felony tax evasion statutes of limitations expire on the crackhead with no charges. Is that incompetence or just being political animals and do you think they would do that for the average citizen?

All this demonstrates is that the GA case is excessively weak, they had to plea it down to misdemeanors. Liberals are in for some major disappointment in the near future. Trump isn't going to plea down anything, that's put the full burden on the local yokels. I expect much crying, whining, and rioting from liberals by the time this is done.
WhT a crock.

Prosecutors routinely lower charges in plea deals to get perps to flip

WhT a crock.

Prosecutors routinely lower charges in plea deals to get perps to flip
Learn to think. This is a conspiracy trial. Having the little fish plea out to peanut charges not only shows weakness but diminishes any testimony they might bring in the future, as coerced for lighter charges. Now go do society a favor and play in traffic or something equally useful.

We watched them commit these crimes in broad daylight. They hid nothing and they bragged about what they were doing on television every night.

It was disgusting and it is beyond me why you continue to believe these lying criminals. Even Trump's own daughter and son-in-law testified against him. Where are his wife and family backing him up? Nowhere to be seen.
You watched a malicious, mean spirited, prejudicial, partisan and irresponsible media report what they want you to believe every night. And of course those afflicted with TDS just gobble that stuff up.

Try looking for the real information--it's damn hard to find as Google, Edge et al are part of the partisan MSM but it's out there--and those still capable of critical analysis and thinking will have a very different perspective.

Forum List

Back