The Front Porch Swing

She's gorgeous, J.

thank you, Mud. That was the day after thanksgiving. I was holding her. She had to stay at the hospital for a longer time because she lost oxygen during birth. That's why her little finger nails were dark purple in the picture. She's doing great now!

Any time they have to stay extra in the hospital is scary, ain't it?

I went back to look and see what you mean about the fingertips, but by the color of her face she looks perfect.

On a completely unrelated to anything note.

Oh. My. Word.

Britain's Biggest Dog - YouTube

I can't even imagine. I mean - I love dogs. But this isn't a dog. It's a moose.

huge-funny-dog.jpg

Can you imagine the look on a burglar's face when he crawls through a window at 2 am and sees one of those guys sitting calmly in the room, just watching, and maybe licking his chops?

P.S.

I think the dog in the car is an African Boerboel. It's a breed used in South Africa to protect livestock from lions and such.

Oh, we're just peachy. All sunshiny n'shit.

We have sunshine too right now but 100% of chance of snow overnight. Forecast is only for an inch but groundhogs are doing a better job at forecasting these days! :eusa_whistle:

I almost feel guilty for admitting that we went all the way up to 64 degrees. Went on a Harley ride today...it was cold when we started out...about 49 degrees, then it got colder as the sun decided to hide...and the wind decided to blow. We went to a little town east of San Antonio, had BBQ for lunch, and by the time we were headed back, it was nice and warmer....great ride....did over 200 miles.

Hope this photo posts. Sorry this too so long, BD. I could not get the link to work from photobucket. My gran is almost 3 months old now. She was born day before Thanksgiving. She's my little rosebud!

babyMichaela011_zps8b496042.jpg~original

So cute....thanks for posting it.

Yay free wi-fi!! And hopefully it's fast.

Pretty zippy. Better than having to rely on my cell tether.

Free wi-fi, yay.
I travel alot for work, I have yet to come across a hotel that does not have free wifi.

This is pretty much the first time I've traveled with a laptop. I've always been a desktop geek that just doodled on my phone when away from home.

I have a decent connection from my cell phone when I tether which will be nice when I'm on my truck, but it's nice to have the wi-fi when it's available.

I tried posting from my cell phone, and it was such a pain...I kept hittiing the wrong letters, looked like a drunk had written it....so now, I just take a break if I can't have a keyboard.

We have sunshine too right now but 100% of chance of snow overnight. Forecast is only for an inch but groundhogs are doing a better job at forecasting these days! :eusa_whistle:

I almost feel guilty for admitting that we went all the way up to 64 degrees.

33 degrees out here, but it feels so much warmer than the negative temps I was dealing with in Nebraska.

How's everyone?

Hey Drifter.....are you doing your homework and staying up with your studies? We missed ya for a couple of days......:cool:

Yes, I have a big test coming up in one of my classes this week. The class bores me so it has been harder to keep focused but I am doing well in my other classes, thanks for asking.

How has your weekend been going>?

FYI I did say a prayer for you last night. Good health and all that as well as a winning lottery ticket. I'd like to know if that last part worked. If it does please drop me a PM. :). Better yet say one for me

Dang it!! Give a woman some warning, I would have bought a ticket. :doubt:

I'll say one for you. But just the one. Like I said - I'm getting old, and don't remember much past the first prayer .... kinda sad, really.

Blah.

Well, if you can only remember part... The good health part would be preferred. What good is a winning lottery ticket if one's health is poor?

Truth!

Hope this photo posts. Sorry this too so long, BD. I could not get the link to work from photobucket. My gran is almost 3 months old now. She was born day before Thanksgiving. She's my little rosebud!

babyMichaela011_zps8b496042.jpg~original

Wow. What a beauty! And I gotta dig up a picture of Liv, because if memory serves, the resemblance is pretty noticeable.

I almost feel guilty for admitting that we went all the way up to 64 degrees.

33 degrees out here, but it feels so much warmer than the negative temps I was dealing with in Nebraska.

Er, that's freezing weather, almost. When we lived in NH, people tought 34 degrees was time to don their shorts and get a tan.....brrrrr....I guess it's all relative....:razz:

I almost feel guilty for admitting that we went all the way up to 64 degrees. Went on a Harley ride today...it was cold when we started out...about 49 degrees, then it got colder as the sun decided to hide...and the wind decided to blow. We went to a little town east of San Antonio, had BBQ for lunch, and by the time we were headed back, it was nice and warmer....great ride....did over 200 miles.

Naw, you guys deserve a break. It's ridiculous, southern states having the same weather as Minnesota.

How's everyone?

Hey Drifter.....are you doing your homework and staying up with your studies? We missed ya for a couple of days......:cool:

Yes, I have a big test coming up in one of my classes this week. The class bores me so it has been harder to keep focused but I am doing well in my other classes, thanks for asking.

How has your weekend been going>?

Just great. Mr Mertex and I went on a Harley ride this morning....it was cold to start with, then got even colder, but by the time we were headed back, the sun came out and the temp rose, so it was a nice ride home. There were about 10 bikes on that ride...had lunch in Luling, Texas - BBQ - pretty good.

20140209_105633.jpg

Forum List

Back