The Front Porch Swing

Good morning, I was thrilled to see it in the 20's when I woke up. Yippee, yes it is sad I'd get that excited over that temp but I am.

I think for Valentine's Day we are going to go out to dinner but I'm not sure where yet and just have a quiet evening.

My daughter has a Valentine's Day party at her school tomorrow and we had to buy Valentine's cards for her to give out-she's 4-they start them young, LOL.

Have a good one.

Oh, it's not sad. How many weeks have we been in the deep freeze?

More than I want to think about. My daughter's going sledding today. She's been dying to go and there's only been a few days warm enough for her. Her daddy is taking her. I have to work.

Bet she sleeps like a rock tonight!

I was just talking to my sister about how much better I tolerated cold when I was a kid.

Good Morning people...:) :huddle:

I want to post pretty images...but I'm NOT smarter than a smart phone..:(

My sister's smart phone fights back. :( And my sister has a degree from the U of MN.

I just got a smartphone. I am still trying to figure it out. My 4 year old daughter is showing me how it's done. LOL

:lol:
Well..what's even more frustrating for me is that it's not mine and I'm not even going to try to figure out some of the features...I know if I do I'll mess something else up in the process and I wish to not get yelled at...:lol:

Well yesterday wasn't much but it picked up during the night, and I got nine inches. Looks like even more but I put a tape measure on it. It's beautiful. :)

Oh I got some snow too.

Well yesterday wasn't much but it picked up during the night, and I got nine inches. Looks like even more but I put a tape measure on it. It's beautiful. :)

Oh I got some snow too.

/duct tapes Pogo's fingers together

Shoosh. It's for your own good.

...... Nine inches, you say?

:eusa_angel:

Come back next week.

1912062_10152287405223385_428170875_n.jpg

Come back next week.

But did you keep your power on??

Yes. Not only that, the worst storm in North Carolina history turned into a dud at my house. It stopped snowing around 11 last night, warmed to above freezing and started melting some. When I got up this morning, they said we were going to get another 3-5 inches today. An hour later it was 1-3 inches. Now it's raining at my house. No problem, I got a 7 day weekend.

Come back next week.

What road is that, Blood? Doesn't look like I-40...

I'm still in a holding pattern -- can't get any word from the client as to whether we have an event tomorrow or not. I'm looking at state traffic websites; governor here says stay off the roads until it's clear, but it's not clear when 'it's clear' is. Maps of NC and SC don't show a lot of problems, however the facility in Georgia where I'd be going is closed up with no one to answer the phone so the gig may still be on for all I know... meanwhile I've got 9 (maybe 10) inches on the ground, the town plow machine whose job it is to make sure everyone gets a wall of snow at the end of their driveway hasn't been out this way at all, and I'm not sure I could go anywhere anyway. So.... :dunno:

Had a few frosty flakes come down but now the sun's out. Man, it's bright out dere. I'm takin' pitchers.

Last edited:
Checking in. I guess they're getting blasted on the East Coast again.

Yes, this time people decided to stay home and stay off the roads ( Atlanta ) so we've avoided the accidents we had last time. The sleet was coming down last night and today the ground was covered in snow but the sun is out! It should melt soon. :eusa_angel:

Come back next week.

But did you keep your power on??

Yes. Not only that, the worst storm in North Carolina history turned into a dud at my house. It stopped snowing around 11 last night, warmed to above freezing and started melting some. When I got up this morning, they said we were going to get another 3-5 inches today. An hour later it was 1-3 inches. Now it's raining at my house. No problem, I got a 7 day weekend.

Well frankly, I'm relieved. :thup:

Checking in. I guess they're getting blasted on the East Coast again.

Yes, this time people decided to stay home and stay off the roads ( Atlanta ) so we've avoided the accidents we had last time. The sleet was coming down last night and today the ground was covered in snow but the sun is out! It should melt soon. :eusa_angel:

And I hope that it doesn't re-freeze. :smiliehug:

Come back next week.

I'm still in a holding pattern -- can't get any word from the client as to whether we have an event tomorrow or not. I'm looking at state traffic websites; governor here says stay off the roads until it's clear, but it's not clear when 'it's clear' is. Maps of NC and SC don't show a lot of problems, however the facility in Georgia where I'd be going is closed up with no one to answer the phone so the gig may still be on for all I know... meanwhile I've got 9 (maybe 10) inches on the ground, the town plow machine whose job it is to make sure everyone gets a wall of snow at the end of their driveway hasn't been out this way at all, and I'm not sure I could go anywhere anyway. So.... :dunno:

Had a few frosty flakes come down but now the sun's out. Man, it's bright out dere. I'm takin' pitchers.

Pretty sure it's I-95 near Smithfield. Got it from a FB friend from there.

Come back next week.

Pretty sure it's I-95 near Smithfield. Got it from a FB friend from there.

Damn, if that's 95 it's the most rustic-lookin' guard rail ah ever did see...

I like the sign on US-64 coming in from Tennessee; soon as you enter the state it says,
"Manteo 538"
(for you far-flungers, Manteo is a town at the other end of 64, near the ocean)

Kind of like the sign you see in Texas when you go west on I-10:

El Paso 896

Those Texans. Think it's all about size... :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back