The G.I. Bill and Home Ownership

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
One of the reasons for the wealth gap in America started after WWII, when blacks were not given the same educational opportunities.

205971697_10223231736194604_957406719214969367_n.jpg

Now factor in rates of home ownership, which traditionally has been one of the most practical ways for middle class Americans to build wealth, and how banks often would refuse to lend to blacks, as well as Redlining

The Federal Reserve reports that the average homeowner in 2016 had a household wealth of $231,400, compared to the average renter having a household wealth of just $5,200.

A 30% difference in home ownership.

Race matters: Gap between Black and white homeownership is vast, new report finds

One of the reasons for the wealth gap in America started after WWII, when blacks were not given the same educational opportunities.

View attachment 505407

Now factor in rates of home ownership, which traditionally has been one of the most practical ways for middle class Americans to build wealth, and how banks often would refuse to lend to blacks, as well as Redlining
trail

The Federal Reserve reports that the average homeowner in 2016 had a household wealth of $231,400, compared to the average renter having a household wealth of just $5,200.

Race matters: Gap between Black and white homeownership is vast, new report finds

Pay in full with a Bank Cashiers Check. Paper trail and legit. Screw the VA.

View attachment 505407

what "educational opportunities" created a situation which DENIED BLACKS the
benefit of the GI BILL ? It is true that not everyone can be live in house on Martha's Vineyard--neither can I

View attachment 505407

Your critical race theory is a flat-out lie.

Far as I know, by federal law, a black person in America can live anywhere he or she wants.
Attend any university in any field of study they choose, provided they have the grades.
Work at any job or career they are qualified in, and make as much money as their abilities allow them.
Buy a house in any neighborhood, provided they can afford it.
Travel and visit any place in the country.
Eat in any restaurant, and stay at any hotel in all 50 states.
Open, start, and own a business in any state and city they want.
Run for election in every local, state or federal office.
Join any branch of the military, become a policeman or fireman or even get elected President of the country.
So I have to ask, where is the racism the looney liberals and BLM bozo's are always screaming about? ...
:dunno:

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007

View attachment 505407

Your critical race theory is a flat-out lie.

Personal anecdote----my dad took a night course in clock and watch repair on the
GI Bill--------he did not go to HARVARD LAW SCHOOL---either
Far as I know, by federal law, a black person in America can live anywhere he or she wants.
Attend any university in any field of study they choose, provided they have the grades.
Work at any job or career they are qualified in, and make as much money as their abilities allow them.
Join any branch of the military, become a policeman or fireman or even the President.
So I have to ask, where is the racism the looney liberals and BLM bozo's are always screaming about? ...
well----that wasn't entirely true 70 years ago-----BUT it was not entirely false
either for ALL SORTS OF CATEGORIES of person. The issue presented in CRT
is that ------a small minority white persons in the USA were far more likely to
have a GREAT GRAND PARENT who COULD have attended Harvard and COULD
have had a set of gold cufflinks that COULD have not gotten lost over the
years--------thus, a small minority of white boys have INHERITED a set of gold
cufflinks

Join any branch of the military, become a policeman or fireman or even the President.
How can blacks get an engineering degree when math is racist?

Rule #1. Never question my bookmarks folders ;)
140 and maybe 60 each folder. Many have vanished since 1997 but thats what Wayback is for

View attachment 505407

the answer to not getting to buy in THIS NEIGHBORHOOD is-----buy in THAT NEIGHBORHOOD

Carter and Clinton "fixed" that problem by forcing banks to give loans to people of color who did not qualify by any measure. That was one of the primary causes for the banking collapse of 2008.

W was part of the problem but Carter and Clinton created the laws already on the books that enabled under-qualified people of color to get home loans they couldn't afford.

Carter and Clinton "fixed" that problem by forcing banks to give loans to people of color who did not qualify by any measure. That was one of the primary causes for the banking collapse of 2008.
Your biases and ignorance drive all of your posts. The facts are, the banks made loans; real estate brokers and bankers assured first time home buyers that the value of the home would rise, and then they would be able to refinance the loan to pay off the balloon payment due in x amount of years.

The primary cause for the banking collapse was the greed of banks and real estate brokers.

Your biases and ignorance drive all of your posts. The facts are, the banks made loans; real estate brokers and bankers assured first time home buyers that the value of the home would rise, and then they would be able to refinance the loan to pay off the balloon payment due in x amount of years.

The primary cause for the banking collapse was the greed of banks and real estate brokers.

Yea, I didn't even feel like explaining/teaching, but thanks.

What a laughable oversimplification of what was a very complex chain of events that BEGAN with legislation put in place by Carter and Clinton. You present yourself as some sort of intellectual and then you post silly trite explanations like this. :auiqs.jpg:

View attachment 505407

We saw what happen with the filthy ass CRA where the stupid Democrats passed a bill to put pressure on the lenders to give credit to shitheads that had nether the means or the inclination to ever pay the money back. It came damn close to destroying our economy in 2007 and 2008.

I honestly don't give a shit if a Negro gets a house or not. Not my concern. Piss on them. They are all on welfare anyhow.

all true----the banks and real-estate agents were OVER EAGER out of greed. ANYONE
could get a mortgage and some of those people somehow did not know that
YOU REALLY HAVE TO PAY

View attachment 505407

We saw what happen with the filthy ass CRA where the stupid Democrats passed a bill to put pressure on the lenders to give credit to shitheads that had nether the means or the inclination to ever pay the money back. It came damn close to destroying our economy in 2007 and 2008.

I honestly don't give a shit if a Negro gets a house or not. Not my concern. Piss on them. They are all on welfare anyhow.

I believe that the economic problems of 2007 WERE created by TOO EASY lending
that happened at that time-----and it was the LENDERS who were to blame

all true----the banks and real-estate agents were OVER EAGER out of greed. ANYONE
could get a mortgage and some of those people somehow did not know that
YOU REALLY HAVE TO PAY

View attachment 505407

I believe that the economic problems of 2007 WERE created by TOO EASY lending
that happened at that time-----and it was the LENDERS who were to blame

The CRA had the government putting pressure on the lenders to give easy credit. You, know, for social justice reasons. Typical disastrous Democrat sponsored program. Jimmy Carter wanted to increased minority home ownership and it almost destroyed our economy.

View attachment 505407

I wonder how thats working out with the current plan to end all property ownership biden is pushing with the great reset??

Forum List

Back