The goal of American leftwing politics is about ensuring that no one working 40 hours a week lives in poverty.

Republicans think leftwing politics in the US is about communism but this is of course ridiculous. Has any democrat in office proposed this or any other solution involving ending capitalism itself? Nope. Not even close. Eliminating the wealthy class is also not on the table. All American lefties want to do is reduce poverty, strengthen the middle class, and making sure that the wealthy pay their fair share in taxes EFFECTIVELY. The EFFECTIVE tax rate is what a class actually pays in taxes. The OFFICIAL tax rate is what they are expected to pay but because of deductions and loopholes, they do not pay that tax rate. Why this concept escapes republicans is beyond my understanding.

Without a doubt both parties have failed to do much of anything when it comes to alleviating poverty, but here’s the difference with democrats: they actually make attempts at the issue. They at least TRY to pass policies that meet this goal such as raising the minimum wage or child tax credits. Hell at least they passed the child tax credit to begin with even if it expired.

What do republicans do for the poor? Absolutely nothing. No attempt. Nada. That goes for the middle class as well. They don’t do jack shit. Doesn’t all of this bother Republican voters? The middle class shrunk and the poor became more poor under Bush and Trump but for some reason that does not bother them.

Of course it is worth mentioning that, historically on average, economic metrics like GDP and job growth are better under democrats than republicans.

Wrong

The goal of left-wing politics is to transfer the culture and wealth to special interest groups. To change laws and speech in a way that the common man is subjugated forever and not even free in their own thoughts.

They are neoliberal degenerate authoritarians drunk on power and ever craving more

Republicans think leftwing politics in the US is about communism but this is of course ridiculous. Has any democrat in office proposed this or any other solution involving ending capitalism itself? Nope. Not even close. Eliminating the wealthy class is also not on the table. All American lefties want to do is reduce poverty, strengthen the middle class, and making sure that the wealthy pay their fair share in taxes EFFECTIVELY. The EFFECTIVE tax rate is what a class actually pays in taxes. The OFFICIAL tax rate is what they are expected to pay but because of deductions and loopholes, they do not pay that tax rate. Why this concept escapes republicans is beyond my understanding.

Without a doubt both parties have failed to do much of anything when it comes to alleviating poverty, but here’s the difference with democrats: they actually make attempts at the issue. They at least TRY to pass policies that meet this goal such as raising the minimum wage or child tax credits. Hell at least they passed the child tax credit to begin with even if it expired.

What do republicans do for the poor? Absolutely nothing. No attempt. Nada. That goes for the middle class as well. They don’t do jack shit. Doesn’t all of this bother Republican voters? The middle class shrunk and the poor became more poor under Bush and Trump but for some reason that does not bother them.

Of course it is worth mentioning that, historically on average, economic metrics like GDP and job growth are better under democrats than republicans.

Trillions spent on the war on poverty, why do we still have poor people ?

I agree with the OP. Let ME ADD. The goal of right wing politics is to get labor at the CHEAPEST amount possible. That's terrible and it's ANTI AMERICAN. When a low wageisoffered they say " no ody wants to work anymore" which is flat out a lie. A disgusting lie.
Hmmm…something is real fishy with your theory….Don’t Democrats beg desperate thirdworlders to invade America and don’t they work for shit wages and don’t those shit wages hold wages down all across the wage spectrum?

He posts how he has risen out of poverty claiming the "war on poverty" worked.

You claim poverty has increased - a complete and total lie.

Henry the VIII would be envious of the life American poor live.
Anecdotal stories mean jack shit. Statistics is what matters.

Since poverty is relative we really can't do much about the concept. We can help the poor become self sufficient by eliminating most forms of welfare and mass deportations of the invaders.

That is the dumbest thing you've ever posted.

The USA already has the weakest social safety net in the First World, and the net result is that you also have the highest rates of poverty, the largest wage gap and the largest wealth gap. Republicans believe that you need to keep the masses hungry and desperate to keep them working. Yet they also believe that giving money to rich people gives them incentive to work harder. There is no logic t0.o Republican beliefs.

Norway has the most generous social safety net in the world, universal government funded health care, free university, guaranteed income, cradle to the grave social programs. They a poverty rate of 0.5%, versus the USA at 18%, and an unemployment rate of 5.99 (average in 2021), and a per capita GDP which is $5,000 per year higher than the USA.

I have the freedom to live my best, most productive life BECAUSE I have a measure of economic freedom, not because I no longer have to strive to provide my basic needs. Living in poverty is in living with stress, which destroys your health, and your peace of mind, as well as your productivity.

that's one well-made pro-Democrat post / thread.
thanks, keeps my heart and mind Independent. :)

Working is the operative word.....Many fast food places still can't keep the lobbies open due to lack of help and they are paying $13.00 - $15.00 a hour with all the OT they can stand.

Now I know 28K - 30K is not all that much but those people will also qualify for EBT and such. They will not have any tax burden to speak of either.
They don't want them open only invited violence

You have to separate washington swamp rat repubs from conservatives - mostly trump voters

Swamp rats in either party are largely clueless on economic subjects and typically just throw money at any problem they face

Norway has the most generous social safety net in the world, universal government funded health care, free university, guaranteed income, cradle to the grave social programs. They a poverty rate of 0.5%, versus the USA at 18%, and an unemployment rate of 5.99 (average in 2021), and a per capita GDP which is $5,000 per year higher than the USA.

The petroleum sector provides about 9% of jobs, 12% of GDP, 13% of the state’s revenue, and 37% of exports, according to official national estimates.

DURR

That is the dumbest thing you've ever posted.

The USA already has the weakest social safety net in the First World, and the net result is that you also have the highest rates of poverty, the largest wage gap and the largest wealth gap. Republicans believe that you need to keep the masses hungry and desperate to keep them working. Yet they also believe that giving money to rich people gives them incentive to work harder. There is no logic t0.o Republican beliefs.

I have the freedom to live my best, most productive life BECAUSE I have a measure of economic freedom, not because I no longer have to strive to provide my basic needs. Living in poverty is in living with stress, which destroys your health, and your peace of mind, as well as your productivity.
We have the richest, fattest and healthiest poor in the world. Canada does offer assisted death to those who no longer wish to live under the indignity of poverty.

Poverty is relative. It only exists compared to the wealth of others. You are a total dumbshit.

Let's pretend Biden allows 1 million low skilled central and south Americans to move in.
Are they going to compete with the low skilled Americans who live here?
Is that competition more likely to raise or lower the salaries of those low skilled Americans?
If you can’t provide actual statistics on what jobs are being completed and by whom, you’re just talking out of your ass.

Forum List

Back