The Goodenough Battery Will End the Internal Combustion Automobile

Yuh huh. And its curb weight is ----------?

You kind of need to know that for a vehicle you're going to be projecting onto the public streets. Because that directly influences what you can do with it --- and what you can't. Like, corner. Like, brake.

Why don't you regale us on the arcane circumstances under which you'd need to haul a TON? What happened, a meteor landed in your back yard?

This all goes back to the definition of advertising --- persuading people to buy shit they don't need. The key word there is NEED.

well some of us that work for a living have a need to haul a ton of gravel,dirt,wood,steel,and many other things you ingrates need for your everyday life,,,
my 1 ton van is almost always loaded to 1/2 capacity in just tools let alone materials to do a job,,,at times I exceed that limit,,,

That would mean you have a NEED for it. You should serve that need with what works.

Yahoos around here, and around the country, however, just wander out like zombies and obediently do what the TV god tells them. And they ain't hauling shit. There's a vast difference between acquiring something because the need came first, and acquiring something only because the TV tells you to. This all directs right back to the original proposition that trucks are "what Americans want". That's impossible. For that to happen all Americans would be hauling stuff around all the time.
if thats the case then no one needs a car at all,,,humans have survived eons without them,,,,

this is a free country so why does need matter anyway,,,

"Need" is relative. If you've got large equipment you work with every day you need a way to transport them. If my town is 17 miles away I need a way to transport myself there. Those of course are two different needs served by two different solutions. I'm certainly not going to town in an empty truck. That would be inefficient. It would also puff up the coffers of the Detroit Megatruck EnormoCorp with no benefit to me whatsoever, so fuck 'em.

"need" is a problem in your mind not mine, nor is my choice any of your business,,,,

"Need" is not a "problem". It's a fact of life. We all have certain needs.

We NEED to drink water. We do not NEED to specifically drink Evian water. There comes advertising, to persuade us to buy Evian water. It doesn't have to convince us to drink water. What it has to do is convince us to spend more money on it.

We NEED transportation. We do not NEED to specifically drive Bulbous Yugemobile. In comes advertising, to persuade us to buy the Bulbous Yugemobile. It doesn't have to convince us that we need a way to get from point A to point B. What it has to do is convince us to spend more money on it.

See how this works?

AGAIN --- *ALL* of this is deconstructing this mythology that 'trucks are what Americans want'. Rather, trucks are what Detroit wants Americans to want. Which is what I noted at the outset.

sorry I didnt know you were an ignorant moron,,,

its rated to haul a ton ,,,not sure how they rate them in your country,,,

You kind of need to know that for a vehicle you're going to be projecting onto the public streets. Because that directly influences what you can do with it --- and what you can't. Like, corner. Like, brake.

Why don't you regale us on the arcane circumstances under which you'd need to haul a TON? What happened, a meteor landed in your back yard?

This all goes back to the definition of advertising --- persuading people to buy shit they don't need. The key word there is NEED.

well some of us that work for a living have a need to haul a ton of gravel,dirt,wood,steel,and many other things you ingrates need for your everyday life,,,
my 1 ton van is almost always loaded to 1/2 capacity in just tools let alone materials to do a job,,,at times I exceed that limit,,,

That would mean you have a NEED for it. You should serve that need with what works.

Yahoos around here, and around the country, however, just wander out like zombies and obediently do what the TV god tells them. And they ain't hauling shit. There's a vast difference between acquiring something because the need came first, and acquiring something only because the TV tells you to. This all directs right back to the original proposition that trucks are "what Americans want". That's impossible. For that to happen all Americans would be hauling stuff around all the time.
if thats the case then no one needs a car at all,,,humans have survived eons without them,,,,

"Need" is relative. If you've got large equipment you work with every day you need a way to transport them. If my town is 17 miles away I need a way to transport myself there. Those of course are two different needs served by two different solutions. I'm certainly not going to town in an empty truck. That would be inefficient. It would also puff up the coffers of the Detroit Megatruck EnormoCorp with no benefit to me whatsoever, so fuck 'em.
It also isn't anyone's concern what another American needs or wants. Personally, I dont like trucks, but millions, for whatever reason I dont understand, do. But it's not my business or yours

It also isn't anyone's concern what another American needs or wants. Personally, I dont like trucks, but millions, for whatever reason I dont understand, do. But it's not my business or yours

Great information on what is soon to come.

You poor dumbass leftards are so friggin clueless when it comes to anything science math or engineering related it's pathetic. It does not really matter how good the battery is you idiot, the problem is getting the energy to charge the friggin battery in the first place. Everytime you convert enery from one form to another you lose some to conversion loss. Then there's the transmission loss. Get it through your thick skulls that the tooth fairy does not put electricy in the wall socket. And today the vast majority of that electricity is generated with fossil fuels like the fossil fuel that powers conventional cars.

He thinks I'm a leftist :21:

Did you even watch the video before commenting?

There are MANY amazing benefits in creating a battery that is CHEAP, doesnt rely on rare metals, has a long lifespan, and stores more energy, pound for pound, than gasoline.

Your politics doesn't matter, in general electric cars are idiotic and foolish given the current state of our power grid. Take the idiotic subsidies away and they too go away overnight.

Call me when they come out with one of these bad boys.

latest

You poor dumbass leftards are so friggin clueless when it comes to anything science math or engineering related it's pathetic. It does not really matter how good the battery is you idiot, the problem is getting the energy to charge the friggin battery in the first place. Everytime you convert enery from one form to another you lose some to conversion loss. Then there's the transmission loss. Get it through your thick skulls that the tooth fairy does not put electricy in the wall socket. And today the vast majority of that electricity is generated with fossil fuels like the fossil fuel that powers conventional cars.

There are MANY amazing benefits in creating a battery that is CHEAP, doesnt rely on rare metals, has a long lifespan, and stores more energy, pound for pound, than gasoline.

Your politics doesn't matter, in general electric cars are idiotic and foolish given the current state of our power grid. Take the idiotic subsidies away and they too go away overnight.

WTF politics wasnt a part of his POV,,,

And nobody said or implied it was "their business" did they, Excellent answer to a question nobody asked.

But somebody DID assert that "trucks are what Americans want". Yet they're not what I want and not what you want either. You and I are thus two examples to the contrary of that assertion.

So after posting earlier I got in my non-truck to go do some stuff in town. Mileage indicator said I was at 47.2 mpg. Had to zip around a pickup truck (empty) that was groovin' up slowly because it can't handle the curves of these mountain roads. By the time I got back mileage had slipped to 46.4.

We can only guess what the pickup truck's mileage was, even as slow as he was meandering. I'd guess maybe a third of mine.

Last edited:

And nobody said or implied it was "their business" did they,

But somebody DID assert that "trucks are what Americans want". Yet they're not what I want and not what you want either. You and I are thus two examples to the contrary of that assertion.

So after posting earlier I got in my non-truck to go do some stuff in town. Mileage indicator said I was at 47.2 mpg. Had to zip around a pickup truck (empty) that was groovin' up slowly because it can't handle the curves of these mountain roads. By the time I got back mileage had slipped to 46.4.

We can only guess what the pickup truck's mileage was, even as slow as he was meandering. I'd guess maybe a third of mine.
youve been making it your business all day,,,

I guess you didnt know it but not all americans want trucks as indicated by the many cars you saw on the road today,,,

mind your own business because youre starting to sound like a fascist,,,

Well some asshole claimed that I thought they were a liberal, so.

I guess you didnt know it but not all americans want trucks as indicated by the many cars you saw on the road today,,,

Once AGAIN nowhere have I said or implied it was my "business". You can make shit up all day and into the night if you like, doesn't make it somehow ooze into the history books. Or in this case the quote nest.

Go ahead, prove me wrong. QUOTE me.

Yeah I saw that. You did.

Want me to quote it?

Roll tape.

Lemme guess, you're gonna deny those words are sitting on the page now, amirite?

Once AGAIN nowhere have I said or implied it was my "business". You can make shit up all day and into the night if you like, doesn't make it somehow ooze into the history books. Or in this case the quote nest.

by telling people what you think they should own based on your opinion is making it your business

there is nothing liberal about telling others what they can or cant do,,,thats fascism,,,

by telling people what you think they should own based on your opinion is making it your business

Once AGAIN --- quote where I declared what anybody "should" or "shouldn't" or "can" or "can't" do.

I'll go ahead and tell you, right here and now, that you can't find such a quote. We both know that.

Yeah I saw that. You did.

Want me to quote it?

Roll tape.

Lemme guess, you're gonna deny those words are sitting on the page now, amirite?

I dont see the word liberal anywhere in his comment,,,

Once AGAIN --- quote where I declared what anybody "should" or "shouldn't" or "can" or "can't" do.

I'll go ahead and tell you, right here and now, that you can't find such a quote. We both know that.

REALLY???

thats been the premise behind your entire comments,,,

the new ones will reduce that,,

Reducing explosions in a family automobile is always a good thing.

Elimination would be preferable.
give it time,,,with all new tech like this there are risks,,,

Which is why any governmental efforts to dictate or subsidize the adaptation of the technology is criminal.

Let the market decide, the same way it decided on ICE technology a century ago.

A 50% (at best) efficient motor is an embarrassment in this technological age.

Forum List

Back