The GOP has placed its future in the hands of a Senator with 9 months experience

Math is not your best subject?

right, so 11 months is some huge benchmark?

oh and-

After graduating from Princeton, Cruz attended Harvard Law School, graduating magna cum laude in 1995 with a Juris Doctor.[1][29] While at Harvard Law, Cruz was a primary editor of the Harvard Law Review, and executive editor of the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy, and a founding editor of the Harvard Latino Law Review.[4] Referring to Cruz's time as a student at Harvard Law, Professor Alan Dershowitz said, "Cruz was off-the-charts brilliant."[21][30][31][32][33][34] At Harvard Law, Cruz was a John M. Olin Fellow in Law and Economics.[35]

:rolleyes:

so I guess if cruz runs for 2016 you'll have no issue with his experience either, right?

What part of that resume makes Cruz an expert in Congressional back room politics, budgets, Congressional rules or bipartisan wheeling and dealing?

Republicans hooked their wagon to a politician with 9 months experience with no idea how to get out of the crisis he created

what part of obamas resume did same for him? :eusa_eh:

and as we see, hes has not learned a darn thing, and, hes had 5 years to do so as well.

The Dems put their future in a Senator with 20 months of experience.

Math is not your best subject?

oh and-

After graduating from Princeton, Cruz attended Harvard Law School, graduating magna cum laude in 1995 with a Juris Doctor.[1][29] While at Harvard Law, Cruz was a primary editor of the Harvard Law Review, and executive editor of the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy, and a founding editor of the Harvard Latino Law Review.[4] Referring to Cruz's time as a student at Harvard Law, Professor Alan Dershowitz said, "Cruz was off-the-charts brilliant."[21][30][31][32][33][34] At Harvard Law, Cruz was a John M. Olin Fellow in Law and Economics.[35]

so I guess if cruz runs for 2016 you'll have no issue with his experience either, right?

It is about time a Canadian ran this country!

oh and-

What part of that resume makes Cruz an expert in Congressional back room politics, budgets, Congressional rules or bipartisan wheeling and dealing?

Republicans hooked their wagon to a politician with 9 months experience with no idea how to get out of the crisis he created

and as we see, hes has not learned a darn thing, and, hes had 5 years to do so as well.

Once again, I get Conservative false equivalencies

It is not the same

Democrats put their faith in Obama and it worked out for them beyond their dreams
Republicans put their faith in Cruz and it blew up in their faces

Hence, this thread

It is not the same

Democrats put their faith in Obama and it worked out for them beyond their dreams

Hence, this thread

I don't care what your opinion of him is, neither mine nor yours is the question, you posed a question, I asked same.....what false equivalency is being posed?

It is not the same

Hence, this thread

I don't care what your opinion of him is, neither mine nor yours is the question, you posed a question, I asked same.....what false equivalency is being posed?

That Republicans putting their faith in Cruz is the same as Democrats putting their faith in Obama

The results show that it worked out tremendously for Democrats and failed miserably for Republicans

Republicans trying a "See? We have an Obama too" failed miserably

oh and-

None at all, it will be Cruz's experience at shutting down the government that will be the most crucial factor when it comes to determining his fitness to hold the highest office in the land.

well, if thats how you define fitness for office, well, my respect for your ability to think has dropped.

I did not define all of my criteria for fitness for office. Instead I identified what I believe will be the single most crucial factor when it comes to determining Cruz's fitness for office.

None at all, it will be Cruz's experience at shutting down the government that will be the most crucial factor when it comes to determining his fitness to hold the highest office in the land.

well, if thats how you define fitness for office, well, my respect for your ability to think has dropped.

I did not define all of my criteria for fitness for office. Instead I identified what I believe will be the single most crucial factor when it comes to determining Cruz's fitness for office.

Cruz's once slim chances of being president are gone

It is not the same

Hence, this thread

That Republicans putting their faith in Cruz is the same as Democrats putting their faith in Obama

The results show that it worked out tremendously for Democrats and failed miserably for Republicans

jesus Christ, I can't teach you how to think rw........ :rolleyes:

That doesn't mean that he won't win the GOP primaries in 2016 however. Right now he is probably the frontrunner amongst likely Republican primary voters.

I did not define all of my criteria for fitness for office.

ok...

Instead I identified what I believe will be the single most crucial factor when it comes to determining Cruz's fitness for office.

"single most crucial factor "

:eusa_eh:

Well......it's kind of like this

Democrats put their faith in Obama and got a two term President, a healthcare program, repeal of DADT, stimulus, Financial Reform and bin Laden

Republucans put their faith in Cruz and ended up with America pissed off at them, a fractured party and diminished chances in 2014

False equivalence

That doesn't mean that he won't win the GOP primaries in 2016 however. Right now he is probably the frontrunner amongst likely Republican primary voters.

TeaTards eat destructive politics up

ok...

Instead I identified what I believe will be the single most crucial factor when it comes to determining Cruz's fitness for office.

In my opinion that will be what everyone will focus on if he becomes the GOP nominee. It speaks to his mindset and since there is precious little else on his resume as a Senator to go on that is going to be where the focus will remain. Granted he has another 3 years to pad it out with some additional accomplishments.

When it comes to running for office a real leader has a "vision" and the abilities to communicate his vision and motivate others to work towards making it a reality. Think of FDR and his "fear itself" speech, JFK and "putting a man on the moon within a decade" and Reagan with his "morning in America". Now contrast that with Cruz. All I am hearing is that he is opposed to Obamacare. I am not hearing anything that tells me he has a "vision" for America. If you know differently then please provide the relevant links. Thank you.

Democrats put their faith in Obama and got a two term President, a healthcare program, repeal of DADT, stimulus, Financial Reform and bin Laden

Republucans put their faith in Cruz and ended up with America pissed off at them, a fractured party and diminished chances in 2014

False equivalence

stop digging....like I said, you should have learned this in junior high and high school, I can't teach you now....

ok...

In my opinion that will be what everyone will focus on if he becomes the GOP nominee. It speaks to his mindset and since there is precious little else on his resume as a Senator to go on that is going to be where the focus will remain. Granted he has another 3 years to pad it out with some additional accomplishments.

that whole paragraph was basically pointless, you realize that, right? :eusa_eh:

When it comes to running for office a real leader has a "vision" and the abilities to communicate his vision and motivate others to work towards making it a reality. Think of FDR and his "fear itself" speech, JFK and "putting a man on the moon within a decade" and Reagan with his "morning in America". Now contrast that with Cruz. All I am hearing is that he is opposed to Obamacare. I am not hearing anything that tells me he has a "vision" for America. If you know differently then please provide the relevant links. Thank you.

right, becasue as a first term senator with 3 years left go on his term ( see above) he should be making speeches on weighty topics 3 years removed in the vane of fdr in his first inaugural, JFK in his 'urgent national needs' speech? ( btw, Morning America was in 1984.)

False equivalence

^that

False equivalence

^that

unreal.......

this is for you and RW.....

Even after three or four years of [e]ducation many students still cannot recognize reasoning when they encounter it. They have little grasp of the difference between merely "saying something" and constructing an explanation or formulating an argument. This is often reinforced by college instructors who urge students to regard all theories, intellectual perspectives and views as ideology—without acknowledging the differences between theories, beliefs, hypotheses, interpretations and other categories of thought.

This impedes students from acquiring habits of intellectual responsibility. Far too often, teachers and texts insist upon a "verdictive" approach, a politicized view of issues. Whatever your stance regarding the "culture wars" and the politics of higher education, it is undeniable that a great many graduating students have little idea of what genuine intellectual exploration involves. Too often, learning to think is replaced by ideological scorekeeping, and the use of adjectives replaces the use of arguments.

Such blinkered thinking has serious implications for civic culture and political discourse. It discourages finding out what the facts are, revising one's beliefs on the basis of those facts and being willing to engage with people who don't already agree with you. What does that leave us with? A brittle, litmus-test version of politics. It is one thing if people move too quickly from argumentation to name-calling; it is another to be unable to tell the difference.,

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324577304579055511904387286.html?mod=opinion_newsreel

False equivalence

^that

unreal.......

this is for you and RW.....

Even after three or four years of [e]ducation many students still cannot recognize reasoning when they encounter it. They have little grasp of the difference between merely "saying something" and constructing an explanation or formulating an argument. This is often reinforced by college instructors who urge students to regard all theories, intellectual perspectives and views as ideology—without acknowledging the differences between theories, beliefs, hypotheses, interpretations and other categories of thought.

This impedes students from acquiring habits of intellectual responsibility. Far too often, teachers and texts insist upon a "verdictive" approach, a politicized view of issues. Whatever your stance regarding the "culture wars" and the politics of higher education, it is undeniable that a great many graduating students have little idea of what genuine intellectual exploration involves. Too often, learning to think is replaced by ideological scorekeeping, and the use of adjectives replaces the use of arguments.

Such blinkered thinking has serious implications for civic culture and political discourse. It discourages finding out what the facts are, revising one's beliefs on the basis of those facts and being willing to engage with people who don't already agree with you. What does that leave us with? A brittle, litmus-test version of politics. It is one thing if people move too quickly from argumentation to name-calling; it is another to be unable to tell the difference.,

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324577304579055511904387286.html?mod=opinion_newsreel

Wow.....I am impressed

:lol:

Totally unrelated to the topic at hand, but a beautiful cut and paste

Ted Cruz would be proud of you

that whole paragraph was basically pointless, you realize that, right? :eusa_eh:

right, becasue as a first term senator with 3 years left go on his term ( see above) he should be making speeches on weighty topics 3 years removed in the vane of fdr in his first inaugural, JFK in his 'urgent national needs' speech? ( btw, Morning America was in 1984.)

Ok, I will take that as meaning you haven't heard Cruz produce anything remotely resembling a "vision" either.

Forum List

Back