The GOP has placed its future in the hands of a Senator with 9 months experience

There is no difference between these two parties, partisans! They both shrink it, they both grow it, they both kick the can down the same street. In the end we get to the same place while the facade is ever up that they are ideological strangers and polarised. All along, good little partisan cheerleaders carry the water, chant the memes and worship at their parties alter. It's a grand scheme that works quite well for them all.

Last edited:
So the Cruz "plan" was to threaten to shut down the government if the Dems didn't surrender on the ACA? And the tea party believed in Cruz's plan because the Dems had "surrendered" once before and it was what the tea party has wanted all along.

But instead the Dems did not surrender. They took a stand and said no to political blackmail. Which means that the Cruz "plan" had to be implemented and the government was shut down. But the Dems still didn't surrender. So they tried throwing feces at the wall in the hope that something might stick but still the Dems haven't surrendered.

What has happened in the meantime is that Cruz has been publicly reprimanded by his own Republican colleagues in the Senate and the party leadership. There is a schism opening between the Republicans in the House. 72% of the American people are opposed to the government shutdown.

So what was "Plan B" if the Dems failed to "surrender"?

There must have been a "Plan B", right? No one plays political suicide games without a "Plan B". So why are we only hearing crickets when it comes to "Plan B"?

so the dems stood their ground over an ego law, obamacare....and you're proud? wow..just wow.

if the dems would agree to a mere one year delay, something they have given corps and unions, there would be no shutdown.

dems are the more responsible party here. sit back, think about it.

You ask me to "think about it" and so I put myself in the Dems shoes and did exactly that and this is what it looks like to me, Yurt.

The Dems stood their ground because there was nothing on the table for them. When you back someone into a corner they will stand and fight.

Cruz and the tea party were holding a gun to the nation's head and threatening to start "shooting hostages" if the Dems didn't cave into their demands.

Basically you are "blaming the victim" because they refused to cave under the economic terrorism that was being shoved down their throats.

So now it is your turn to "think about it", Yurt. Imagine if the Dems had done the same thing to the Republicans? What would you have expected the Republicans to do if the Dems were threatening them? Would you have advised them to cave into the demands of economic terrorism? Or would you have told them to "stand their ground"?

If you are honest you would have to admit that you would have demanded the latter so why are you surprised when the shoe is on the other foot that this is the outcome?

the fact you think that delaying obamacare by one year is "economic terrorism" proves you're an irrational partisan hack.

pound sand.

I think Cruz could be a good leader. He has shown more drive, determination and character than anyone else in DC.

But the question is which direction is he leading you in? Not sure I am interested in following him over the economic abyss.

so the dems stood their ground over an ego law, obamacare....and you're proud? wow..just wow.

if the dems would agree to a mere one year delay, something they have given corps and unions, there would be no shutdown.

You ask me to "think about it" and so I put myself in the Dems shoes and did exactly that and this is what it looks like to me, Yurt.

The Dems stood their ground because there was nothing on the table for them. When you back someone into a corner they will stand and fight.

Cruz and the tea party were holding a gun to the nation's head and threatening to start "shooting hostages" if the Dems didn't cave into their demands.

Basically you are "blaming the victim" because they refused to cave under the economic terrorism that was being shoved down their throats.

So now it is your turn to "think about it", Yurt. Imagine if the Dems had done the same thing to the Republicans? What would you have expected the Republicans to do if the Dems were threatening them? Would you have advised them to cave into the demands of economic terrorism? Or would you have told them to "stand their ground"?

If you are honest you would have to admit that you would have demanded the latter so why are you surprised when the shoe is on the other foot that this is the outcome?

the fact you think that delaying obamacare by one year is "economic terrorism" proves you're an irrational partisan hack.

pound sand.

Shutting down the government, which is costing taxpayers billions of dollars, until their demands are met equates to economic terrorism, Yurt. Corporations are losing money over imports stranded in dockside warehouses because there are no customs inspectors. The tourism industry is being hammered financially because of the shutdown of the national parks. Restaurants and other food services that cater to workers who have been furloughed are losing money. Everywhere you look there are signs of economic terrorism.

Little wonder that 72% of the American people are opposed to what the Republicans are doing to the nation's economy by shutting down the government.

I think Cruz could be a good leader. He has shown more drive, determination and character than anyone else in DC.

His chances of future leadership are shot

Even within his own party. Those bridges don't unburn

But the question is which direction is he leading you in? Not sure I am interested in following him over the economic abyss.

Obama & Bush already did that.

Bush was driving when the economy was wrecked. Obama has managed to steer us back onto the road to economic recovery. Cruz has now yanked the steering wheel and is trying to send us off the road and down the side of the economic ravine again.

Americans will make that decision not DC insiders.

Indeed they will. The Tea Party will demand that Cruz be on the top pf the GOP ticket in 2016. The American people will then decide whether they want a demagogue or a sane person in the oval office.

Obama & Bush already did that.

Bush was driving when the economy was wrecked. Obama has managed to steer us back onto the road to economic recovery. Cruz has now yanked the steering wheel and is trying to send us off the road and down the side of the economic ravine again.

Lolololol

Terrible analysis. Obama has spent more than anyone else and been nothing but an obstacle in the recovery.

That would be the first time since I've never even heard of a plebiscite vote for a leadership position in either chamber of congress.

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

That would be the first time since I've never even heard of a plebiscite vote for a leadership position in either chamber of congress.

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

Time to be quiet before you make yourself look anymore foolish. I never mentioned congress dumbass

Are they freaking crazy?

They allow him to dictate that we should shut down the government?

Ain't that a hoot?

A young senator with little experience, an Ivy League education and a father from a Communist country....and these morons are talking 2016 for him.

They never cease to amaze me with their sheer stupidity.
Ironic post is ironic in its irony

:eusa_boohoo:

Idiots that voted for Obama put him in the WH with less experience.

Good point

The Democrats backed Obama with four years experience and ended up with a two term President

Republicans are hooking their future to a Tea Bagger with nine months of political experience. The result is a splintered Republican Party and an outraged American public

What are these guys thinking?

Haa four more years only proves that liberals don't mind doubling down on stupid. Look at the state of the country what idiot would reelect such a failure? Only liberal idiots. Of course when a person uses the IRS as their personal Gestopo not hard to see how they can win even when they should have lost big time. Man am I tired of hearing that by winning an election that makes Obama a success, man is that lame.

Doesn't it suck that most people didn't bite on that little faux scandal?

Are they freaking crazy?

They allow him to dictate that we should shut down the government?

Ain't that a hoot?

A young senator with little experience, an Ivy League education and a father from a Communist country....and these morons are talking 2016 for him.

They never cease to amaze me with their sheer stupidity.
Ironic post is ironic in its irony

:eusa_boohoo:

Let's put it this way....

If Obama pulled this shit when he was Senator, he never would have been elected President

Neither will Cruz

So the Cruz "plan" was to threaten to shut down the government if the Dems didn't surrender on the ACA? And the tea party believed in Cruz's plan because the Dems had "surrendered" once before and it was what the tea party has wanted all along.

But instead the Dems did not surrender. They took a stand and said no to political blackmail. Which means that the Cruz "plan" had to be implemented and the government was shut down. But the Dems still didn't surrender. So they tried throwing feces at the wall in the hope that something might stick but still the Dems haven't surrendered.

What has happened in the meantime is that Cruz has been publicly reprimanded by his own Republican colleagues in the Senate and the party leadership. There is a schism opening between the Republicans in the House. 72% of the American people are opposed to the government shutdown.

So what was "Plan B" if the Dems failed to "surrender"?

There must have been a "Plan B", right? No one plays political suicide games without a "Plan B". So why are we only hearing crickets when it comes to "Plan B"?

No they're not and thankfully it's not just Libs on a message board who think so.

Forum List

Back