The GOP has placed its future in the hands of a Senator with 9 months experience

Once again:
The people of America placed their security, prosperity, and Constitutional Freedoms in the hands of a person driven by extremist progressive ideology who never had a real job and furthermore accomplished nothing in his brief role as a Senator.

So the Cruz "plan" was to threaten to shut down the government if the Dems didn't surrender on the ACA? And the tea party believed in Cruz's plan because the Dems had "surrendered" once before and it was what the tea party has wanted all along.

But instead the Dems did not surrender. They took a stand and said no to political blackmail. Which means that the Cruz "plan" had to be implemented and the government was shut down. But the Dems still didn't surrender. So they tried throwing feces at the wall in the hope that something might stick but still the Dems haven't surrendered.

What has happened in the meantime is that Cruz has been publicly reprimanded by his own Republican colleagues in the Senate and the party leadership. There is a schism opening between the Republicans in the House. 72% of the American people are opposed to the government shutdown.

So what was "Plan B" if the Dems failed to "surrender"?

There must have been a "Plan B", right? No one plays political suicide games without a "Plan B". So why are we only hearing crickets when it comes to "Plan B"?

Are they freaking crazy?

They allow him to dictate that we should shut down the government?

Ain't that a hoot?

A young senator with little experience, an Ivy League education and a father from a Communist country....and these morons are talking 2016 for him.

They never cease to amaze me with their sheer stupidity.

Once again:
The people of America placed their security, prosperity, and Constitutional Freedoms in the hands of a person driven by extremist progressive ideology who never had a real job and furthermore accomplished nothing in his brief role as a Senator.

Your new boy has a bunch of government jobs and a brief stint as a law professor before running for the Senate. Starting to sound familiar?

So the Cruz "plan" was to threaten to shut down the government if the Dems didn't surrender on the ACA? And the tea party believed in Cruz's plan because the Dems had "surrendered" once before and it was what the tea party has wanted all along.

But instead the Dems did not surrender. They took a stand and said no to political blackmail. Which means that the Cruz "plan" had to be implemented and the government was shut down. But the Dems still didn't surrender. So they tried throwing feces at the wall in the hope that something might stick but still the Dems haven't surrendered.

What has happened in the meantime is that Cruz has been publicly reprimanded by his own Republican colleagues in the Senate and the party leadership. There is a schism opening between the Republicans in the House. 72% of the American people are opposed to the government shutdown.

There must have been a "Plan B", right? No one plays political suicide games without a "Plan B". So why are we only hearing crickets when it comes to "Plan B"?

so the dems stood their ground over an ego law, obamacare....and you're proud? wow..just wow.

if the dems would agree to a mere one year delay, something they have given corps and unions, there would be no shutdown.

dems are the more responsible party here. sit back, think about it.

Last night while listening to a little talk radio (I don't watch TV), I heard Mike Medved say something that made me think that the Repubicans are in a pretty bad way, assuming Medved has any sources inside DC.

He said that the Reps don't want this thing to continue. All Obama needs to do, is offer the GOP something, anything to break the log jam. In fact, according to MM, Obama should do this to keep things from spinning any further out of control.

Basically, what it comes down to is Medved was saying that Obama should save the GOP from themselves. Republicans dug this whole for themselves, threw gas on the fire they set, and now Obama should run to their rescue to put the fire out and pull them out of the hole they themselves dug.

so the dems stood their ground over an ego law, obamacare....and you're proud? wow..just wow.

if the dems would agree to a mere one year delay, something they have given corps and unions, there would be no shutdown.

dems are the more responsible party here. sit back, think about it.

You ask me to "think about it" and so I put myself in the Dems shoes and did exactly that and this is what it looks like to me, Yurt.

The Dems stood their ground because there was nothing on the table for them. When you back someone into a corner they will stand and fight.

Cruz and the tea party were holding a gun to the nation's head and threatening to start "shooting hostages" if the Dems didn't cave into their demands.

Basically you are "blaming the victim" because they refused to cave under the economic terrorism that was being shoved down their throats.

So now it is your turn to "think about it", Yurt. Imagine if the Dems had done the same thing to the Republicans? What would you have expected the Republicans to do if the Dems were threatening them? Would you have advised them to cave into the demands of economic terrorism? Or would you have told them to "stand their ground"?

If you are honest you would have to admit that you would have demanded the latter so why are you surprised when the shoe is on the other foot that this is the outcome?

Last night while listening to a little talk radio (I don't watch TV), I heard Mike Medved say something that made me think that the Repubicans are in a pretty bad way, assuming Medved has any sources inside DC.

He said that the Reps don't want this thing to continue. All Obama needs to do, is offer the GOP something, anything to break the log jam. In fact, according to MM, Obama should do this to keep things from spinning any further out of control.

Basically, what it comes down to is Medved was saying that Obama should save the GOP from themselves. Republicans dug this whole for themselves, threw gas on the fire they set, and now Obama should run to their rescue to put the fire out and pull them out of the hole they themselves dug.

I listen to NPR in the car myself. :) As far as "saving the GOP from themselves" is concerned Obama should hold out for them to bring something to the table first. This is about learning a lesson in 101 politics about compromise. He doesn't have to be the first to offer them anything. The pressure inside the GOP is mounting against Cruz and the tea party. The big donors are are taking their checkbooks and saying no more until you sort this out. The big corporations are equally unimpressed because they have goods that are sitting in docks that cannot be cleared and this is costing them money.

The "standing on principle" has a price tag and right now the GOP is facing sticker shock. The longer this goes on the higher the price climbs. At some point there is going to be a showdown between the special interests who fund the GOP and the tea party. Each day that ticks by brings it one step closer. 10/17 is the deadline. I expect that it will happen before that date arrives.

Once again:

I agree

Ted Cruz is a waste of skin

Looking at Obama's credentials really makes this thread comical.

Obama has exceeded Democrats expectations

Cruz is destroying the Republican Party

Shows that Republicans trying to mimic the success Democrats have had with Obama is a failure

If Republicans would react with "we owe you one", I would agree with Obama offering a way out

But since they will go back to their old ways.....Fuck em

Are they freaking crazy?

Ain't that a hoot?

A young senator with little experience, an Ivy League education and a father from a Communist country....and these morons are talking 2016 for him.

Generally people from communists countires dont like liberals they've lived it and see what big governement tyranny does to people

Are they freaking crazy?

Ain't that a hoot?

Problem for Republicans is......what the hell were you thinking?

You have dozens of Congressmen and Senators with decades of experience

And you listen to Cruz?

Best pun of the week goes to MSNBC,

who are now calling him 'Carnival Cruz'.

well that's must them a REPUTIBALE news station...what a disgusting station

no problem though, a lot of the people in this country are calling Obama the BIGGEST nightmare of a joke ever played on us

Are they freaking crazy?

Ain't that a hoot?

Generally people from communists countires dont like liberals they've lived it and see what big governement tyranny does to people

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama will ask Congress on Friday for greater power to shrink the federal government, and his first idea is merging six sprawling trade and commerce agencies whose overlapping programs can be baffling to businesses.

Obama will call on Congress to give him a type of reorganizational power last held by a president when Ronald Reagan was in office. The Obama version would be a so-called consolidation authority allowing him to propose mergers that promise to save money and help consumers. The deal would entitle him to an up-or-down vote from Congress in 90 days.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57358508/obama-seeks-power-to-shrink-the-federal-government/

George W. Bush rode into Washington almost eight years ago astride the horse of smaller government. He will leave it this winter having overseen the biggest federal budget expansion since Franklin Delano Roosevelt seven decades ago.
Not since World War II, when the nation mobilized to fight a global war against fascism and recover from the Great Depression, has government spending played as large a role in the economy as it does today.

Read more: Big government gets bigger - Washington Times
Follow us: [MENTION=39892]Was[/MENTION]htimes on Twitter

Forum List

Back