The Harris/Biden port strike costing America $5 Billion per day.

That isn't a requirement of the Act, Simp. :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Keep exposing your colossal ignorance.

You’re talking to the wrong guy to lie about employment law. He can only order them to work for safety or health issues. A cooling down period is temporary and just delays the strike. Doesn’t end it. Only way to end it is for the reasons I listed. Lesson over CommuNostra.

You’re talking to the wrong guy to lie about employment law. He can only order them to work for safety or health issues. A cooling down period is temporary and just delays the strike. Doesn’t end it. Only way to end it is for the reasons I listed.

Strikes​

[edit]
The amendments required unions and employers to give 80 days' notice to each other and to certain state and federal mediation bodies before they may undertake strikes or other forms of economic action in pursuit of a new collective bargaining agreement; it did not, on the other hand, impose any "cooling-off period" after a contract expired. The act also authorized the president to intervene in strikes or potential strikes that create a national emergency, a reaction to the national coal miners' strikes called by the United Mine Workers of America in the 1940s. Presidents have used that power less and less frequently in each succeeding decade. President George W. Bush invoked the law in connection with the employer lockout of the International Longshore and Warehouse Union during negotiations with West Coast shipping and stevedoring companies in 2002.[13]

Strikes​

[edit]
The amendments required unions and employers to give 80 days' notice to each other and to certain state and federal mediation bodies before they may undertake strikes or other forms of economic action in pursuit of a new collective bargaining agreement; it did not, on the other hand, impose any "cooling-off period" after a contract expired. The act also authorized the president to intervene in strikes or potential strikes that create a national emergency, a reaction to the national coal miners' strikes called by the United Mine Workers of America in the 1940s. Presidents have used that power less and less frequently in each succeeding decade. President George W. Bush invoked the law in connection with the employer lockout of the International Longshore and Warehouse Union during negotiations with West Coast shipping and stevedoring companies in 2002.[13]
Idiot… unloading containers of IKEA furniture isn’t an emergency. Are you really that stupid?

Apparently none of these idiots has ever heard of the Taft-Hartley Act.

Stay stupid simps, it's what you do best.
So essentially, as always, you have no idea what you are talking about, do you, feeb? :)
Now, get on to making your political point and issuing your standard denials as it appears you have zero clue
what Taft-Hartley actually authorizes.

So essentially, as always, you have no idea what you are talking about, do you, feeb? :)
Now, get on to making your political point and issuing your standard denials as it appears you have zero clue
what Taft-Hartley actually authorizes.
See post 24 for your bitchslapping, Tardoboi.

You’re talking to the wrong guy to lie about employment law. He can only order them to work for safety or health issues. A cooling down period is temporary and just delays the strike. Doesn’t end it. Only way to end it is for the reasons I listed. Lesson over CommuNostra.

The act was invoked in 2002 to stop a lockout of longshoreman, Stupid.

Apparently you like being stupid 24/7.
Invoked in the aftermath of 9/11 by Bush. As a reward to corporations. And he took a lot of shit for it.

Forum List

Back