The Harris/Biden port strike costing America $5 Billion per day.

Presidents have invoked Taft-Hartley 37 times in labor disputes
According to the Congressional Research Service, about half the time that presidents have invoked Section 206 of Taft-Hartley, the parties worked out their differences. But nine times, according to the research service, the workers went ahead with a strike.

President George W. Bush invoked Taft-Hartley in 2002 after 29 West Coast ports locked out members of the International Longshore and Warehouse Union in a standoff. (The two sides ended up reaching a contract.)

You big government lovers are really incredible.

You argue for a big government to control everything and then condemn the cost of that.

President Bush intervened in the 11-day shutdown of 29 West Coast ports today, successfully seeking a court order today to halt the employers' lockout of 10,500 longshoremen, because the operation of the ports is ''vital to our economy and to our military.''

Judge William Alsup of Federal District Court in San Francisco issued a temporary injunction tonight that ordered the ports reopened immediately.

In seeking to suspend the shutdown for 80 days, Mr. Bush became the first president to successfully invoke the Taft-Hartley Act emergency provisions since President Richard M. Nixon sought to stop a longshoremen's strike in 1971.

You big government lovers are really incredible.

You argue for a big government to control everything and then condemn the cost of that.
Another P-Nutbag lie. I never said anything about the government controlling everything.

Don't lie 24/7, being stupid 24/7 should be enough. :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

I think Tater is still pissed he got kicked to the curb for a blithering idiot who got zero votes, and is hoping this helps tank the economy going into the election.

Well, standard issue denial. You never disappoint.

Sorry feeb, run along. No emergency declared.
I do admire your taste for big government though.
Becoming a progressive in your old age? :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:
No shit there has been no emergency declared, Moron. When a President has declared an emergency the courts have allowed it.

That's the point.

Holy shit you are one stupid person.

Keep making yourself look silly. This is fun.:dance::dance::dance:

I think Tater is still pissed he got kicked to the curb for a blithering idiot who got zero votes, and is hoping this helps tank the economy going into the election.
Riiiiiiight. Biden wants to "tank" the economy right before the election.

Grow a brain, mouthbreather.

Please note that all the Dimwingers in this thread whining and crying about Biden not being able to invoke the Taft-Hartley Act have not brought a single link to support their dumbassery.

I, on the other hand, have provided about a dozen proving he can, and proving the cost of this strike to the country.

But this is standard operating procedure around here...............the only thing board Dimwingers have is "NUH-UH" :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back