The Homosexual Dilemma

Those who are attracted to children can't make a different choice either. Compulsive hoarding isn't a choice. No compulsive disorder leaves the sufferer with a choice.

There is a choice in acting. For me, as a gay woman, the only choice is in acting upon my natural or god given inclinations. As long as I am acting upon those natural inclinations with another consenting adult, whose fucking business is it and why should I be denied the rights, benefits and privileges of civil marriage because my life partner of choice happens to be the same gender I am?

And who are you to define what a consenting adult is? I mean, if you want to be honest, your conditions are as arbitrary as mine are.

I just happen to have a higher standard of morality than you.

Mark

Are you being intentionally obtuse because you're arguments have failed? The age of consent is defined by law.It varies from state to state. A 40 year old man can marry his 15 year old 1st cousin in Alabama and it is legally recognized in all 50 states, even states that don't allow 15 year old 1st cousins to marry. My civil marriage to my same sex spouse that I married when she was well over the age of 18 and not related to me, is not recognized in all 50 states. That's discrimination in case you were wondering.

No, you don't have a higher standard of morality, you have a different view of what is moral and what is not. That you think yours is "better" is your opinion (and a sin).

By the way, your "age of consent is lower in Bible belt states" statement was yet another lie. That's not the trend at all. Stop lying, Leftists!

Alabama16
Alaska16
Arizona18
Arkansas16
California18
Colorado15
Connecticut15
D.C.16
Delaware16
Florida16/18 (bill pending)
Georgia16
Hawaii14
Idaho14
Illinois16/17
Indiana16
Iowa18
Kansas16
Kentucky16 - [1]
Louisiana17
Maine16
Maryland16
Massachusetts16/18
Michigan16
Minnesota16
Mississippi16 - [2]
Missouri17
Montana16
Nebraska16
Nevada16
New Hampshire16/18
New Jersey16/18
New Mexico17
New York17
North Carolina16
North Dakota18
Ohio16
Oklahoma16
Oregon18
Pennsylvania16
Rhode Island16
South Carolina14/16
South Dakota16
Tennessee18
Texas17
Utah16/18
Vermont16
Virginia15
Washington16
West Virginia16
Wisconsin18
Wyoming16
Puerto Rico18

Age of Consent - by State

You responded to me and I said nothing about the Bible Belt states. You ignored my statement which is that age of consent laws are only going up in the United States, not down...despite marriage equality being a reality. You are claiming age of consent will be lowered because gays are marrying and yet there is no evidence to support your claim...anywhere.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Those who are attracted to children can't make a different choice either. Compulsive hoarding isn't a choice. No compulsive disorder leaves the sufferer with a choice.

There is a choice in acting. For me, as a gay woman, the only choice is in acting upon my natural or god given inclinations. As long as I am acting upon those natural inclinations with another consenting adult, whose fucking business is it and why should I be denied the rights, benefits and privileges of civil marriage because my life partner of choice happens to be the same gender I am?

And who are you to define what a consenting adult is? I mean, if you want to be honest, your conditions are as arbitrary as mine are.

I just happen to have a higher standard of morality than you.

Mark

Are you being intentionally obtuse because you're arguments have failed? The age of consent is defined by law.It varies from state to state. A 40 year old man can marry his 15 year old 1st cousin in Alabama and it is legally recognized in all 50 states, even states that don't allow 15 year old 1st cousins to marry. My civil marriage to my same sex spouse that I married when she was well over the age of 18 and not related to me, is not recognized in all 50 states. That's discrimination in case you were wondering.

No, you don't have a higher standard of morality, you have a different view of what is moral and what is not. That you think yours is "better" is your opinion (and a sin).

By the way, your "age of consent is lower in Bible belt states" statement was yet another lie. That's not the trend at all. Stop lying, Leftists!

Alabama16
Alaska16
Arizona18
Arkansas16
California18
Colorado15
Connecticut15
D.C.16
Delaware16
Florida16/18 (bill pending)
Georgia16
Hawaii14
Idaho14
Illinois16/17
Indiana16
Iowa18
Kansas16
Kentucky16 - [1]
Louisiana17
Maine16
Maryland16
Massachusetts16/18
Michigan16
Minnesota16
Mississippi16 - [2]
Missouri17
Montana16
Nebraska16
Nevada16
New Hampshire16/18
New Jersey16/18
New Mexico17
New York17
North Carolina16
North Dakota18
Ohio16
Oklahoma16
Oregon18
Pennsylvania16
Rhode Island16
South Carolina14/16
South Dakota16
Tennessee18
Texas17
Utah16/18
Vermont16
Virginia15
Washington16
West Virginia16
Wisconsin18
Wyoming16
Puerto Rico18

Age of Consent - by State

You responded to me and I said nothing about the Bible Belt states. You ignored my statement which is that age of consent laws are only going up in the United States, not down...despite marriage equality being a reality. You are claiming age of consent will be lowered because gays are marrying and yet there is no evidence to support your claim...anywhere.
I've already pointed that out to him...he's choosing to ignore those facts.

poor wytchey. so angry, so conflicted, so confused. Human society as a whole has declared that homosexuality is an aberation of the human condition.

You have a mental illness, not a physical condition, not a birth condition, but a learned condition.

You are due empathy and sympathy. The first step to a cure is admitting the disease.

I asked you this before Fishy and you refused to answer. What is it you think I'm conflicted and confused about? I'm not even a little pissed about my coffeemaker anymore...I'm resolved to boiling water until Tuesday morning.

You need to catch up on what "human society" thinks these days, certainly not human society here in the good old US of A where we live. Here "human society" thinks gays are okay and that they should be able to civilly marry. (not your separate water fountain of Civil Unions only for the gheys, but full marriage)

How would you like to "cure the gays" bigot?

your anger and confusion are very evident. If you were comfortable in your situation you would not have to continually post on gay agenda issues.

As to a cure, there may not be one. There is also no cure for MS or diabetes or bipolar disorder. But hang in there, medical science may find one.

So anger is the only reason to post on message boards? That doesn't make any sense. Education is a good reason. People who are not anti gay bigots read these threads.

You still haven't answered the question. What am I conflicted and confused about Fishy? Is this misdirection, a projection? Are you confused and conflicted? Is that why YOU can't stop posting in "gay threads"? I'm gay, I have a good excuse for posting on gay threads. Is being an anti gay bigot the only reason you post here....really?

I post on threads on many subjects. I post what I believe based on 60+ years of life, travel over much of the world, a successful business career, and an education both in hard knocks and academia.

You and I will never agree on the gay agenda, gay biology, or probably anything else. So lets move on. I suspect that you are basically a good person who is sincere in your beliefs, but so am I.

In this country we are allowed to disagree and hold different views. The problem is that you want to force you views on everyone else---------that is the worst form of bigotry and tyranny.

And the point of this thread. It's a well known truth that victims can become bullies very quickly and the line is easily crossed. That's what's happened here. Nobody wants gays to be subject to special hostility such as bashing by hateful people, etc, and we want the law to protect everyone equally, including gay people. But it's gone well beyond that to where those who disagree with the gay lifestyle are the ones being subject to persecution. Pastors being told they have to marry gays, business owners being told they have to cater gay weddings, boys who think they're girls using the girls' restrooms in schools, and in the workplace being forced to go along with the charade of a man who mutilated himself now saying he's a woman.

They aren't the victims anymore. Far from it.

Are you aware that the laws you are sniveling about, Public Accommodation laws, protect Christians from discrimination in all 50 states? I cannot deny you service based on your religion in any state in the US...and you're whining and moaning because those same exact laws also protect gays in a handful? Boo freaking hoo...

I asked you this before Fishy and you refused to answer. What is it you think I'm conflicted and confused about? I'm not even a little pissed about my coffeemaker anymore...I'm resolved to boiling water until Tuesday morning.

You need to catch up on what "human society" thinks these days, certainly not human society here in the good old US of A where we live. Here "human society" thinks gays are okay and that they should be able to civilly marry. (not your separate water fountain of Civil Unions only for the gheys, but full marriage)

How would you like to "cure the gays" bigot?

your anger and confusion are very evident. If you were comfortable in your situation you would not have to continually post on gay agenda issues.

As to a cure, there may not be one. There is also no cure for MS or diabetes or bipolar disorder. But hang in there, medical science may find one.

So anger is the only reason to post on message boards? That doesn't make any sense. Education is a good reason. People who are not anti gay bigots read these threads.

You still haven't answered the question. What am I conflicted and confused about Fishy? Is this misdirection, a projection? Are you confused and conflicted? Is that why YOU can't stop posting in "gay threads"? I'm gay, I have a good excuse for posting on gay threads. Is being an anti gay bigot the only reason you post here....really?

I post on threads on many subjects. I post what I believe based on 60+ years of life, travel over much of the world, a successful business career, and an education both in hard knocks and academia.

You and I will never agree on the gay agenda, gay biology, or probably anything else. So lets move on. I suspect that you are basically a good person who is sincere in your beliefs, but so am I.

In this country we are allowed to disagree and hold different views. The problem is that you want to force you views on everyone else---------that is the worst form of bigotry and tyranny.

And the point of this thread. It's a well known truth that victims can become bullies very quickly and the line is easily crossed. That's what's happened here. Nobody wants gays to be subject to special hostility such as bashing by hateful people, etc, and we want the law to protect everyone equally, including gay people. But it's gone well beyond that to where those who disagree with the gay lifestyle are the ones being subject to persecution. Pastors being told they have to marry gays, business owners being told they have to cater gay weddings, boys who think they're girls using the girls' restrooms in schools, and in the workplace being forced to go along with the charade of a man who mutilated himself now saying he's a woman.

They aren't the victims anymore. Far from it.
Yet let a gay refuse to do business with someone they don't like and it's perfectly OK to those who tout anti discrimination laws. They either think it's OK due to a double standard or . .. That's pretty much it.

Why are you lying? Lying makes baby Jesus cry you know.

No, gays cannot refuse to serve to do business with someone "they don't like". Learn the law...

The Right to Refuse Service

People can choose who to have sex with.

There is no evidence that people chose who to be attracted to.

Homosexuality is not 'special'- it is humans attracted to the same gender instead of the opposite gender.

No need to treat homosexuals special at all- just treat them without discrimination.

So if people don't choose what they're attracted to and should be able to shag whoever they're attracted to, why doesn't that also go for people who are attracted to children? I mean, who are you to say your homo love is right, but their pedo love is wrong?
Because one is between two consenting adults, and the other is between an adult and a child (who by definition is below the age of consent).

But isn't the "age of consent" just a social overlay, as Coyote said? Who are you to say they're love is wrong?

Age of consent is a social/cultural overlay. However - love is wrong when it damages a person. Pedophilia has been shown to be very damaging to children. Children do not have the mental maturity to consent. Adults do. No rights are unlimited.

So then, some states allow marriage at 15, others at 18.

Who's right?

Mark

The ones that don't allow it until 18...duh.

St. Mike got booted all over the field, good heavens.

No evidence whatsoever exists that would relate marriage equality with lowering the age of consent. None.

Yes, you keep reminding us gays aren't ready for full marriage, you can't disagree with each other. In heterosexual marriage, that happens all the time.

I never said you can't disagree. We know you're the reluctant hypocrite. That's not what I said. Instead of asking gays why they need "government validation", ask your wife why she needs it. She can answer your questions and you'll actually maybe believe the answers from her.

12 Reasons Marriage Equality Matters

That's exactly what I just addressed. I've addressed it repeatedly. She doesn't agree with me. She knows what I think about government marriage. She knows I oppose it. She is fully aware of it. She disagrees with me. Why would I continue to ask a question that was asked and answered? I've told you this a bunch of times. What is wrong with you that you can't grasp that?

That's my point, you keep saying you wouldn't give it up. Ask again, and again, and again. I'm not changing my mind, she's not changing her mind. That happens in heterosexual marriages and the marriage can go on just fine. We don't have to agree on everything. When you reach that point, then you will be closer to gay marriage being equivalent to straight marriage. You must just be a joy to live with having to be agreed with on everything, or at least told you're right.

Disagreement happens in all marriage, you're not special. We all disagree and we all compromise. You've compromised on civil marriage, yes we get it and not arguing that. I'm saying stop asking us the questions your wife obviously has the answers to. Stop asking gays why they want to be married since she can answer your questions.

Her reasons have nothing to do with gay government marriage. Even if they did, why would it make sense to me? We just disagree. We understand each other's views just fine. We just disagree with them. It happens. And she gets her way. That usually happens too.

Civil Marriage is Civil Marriage. Her reasons for wanting a "gubmit" marriage is the same reason gays have for wanting it...and for all the reasons that were listed here.

You have your answer, you can stop asking why gays want to be married, married guy.

You go first, stop advocating your views. Then talk.

I never said you can't disagree. We know you're the reluctant hypocrite. That's not what I said. Instead of asking gays why they need "government validation", ask your wife why she needs it. She can answer your questions and you'll actually maybe believe the answers from her.

That's exactly what I just addressed. I've addressed it repeatedly. She doesn't agree with me. She knows what I think about government marriage. She knows I oppose it. She is fully aware of it. She disagrees with me. Why would I continue to ask a question that was asked and answered? I've told you this a bunch of times. What is wrong with you that you can't grasp that?

That's my point, you keep saying you wouldn't give it up. Ask again, and again, and again. I'm not changing my mind, she's not changing her mind. That happens in heterosexual marriages and the marriage can go on just fine. We don't have to agree on everything. When you reach that point, then you will be closer to gay marriage being equivalent to straight marriage. You must just be a joy to live with having to be agreed with on everything, or at least told you're right.

Disagreement happens in all marriage, you're not special. We all disagree and we all compromise. You've compromised on civil marriage, yes we get it and not arguing that. I'm saying stop asking us the questions your wife obviously has the answers to. Stop asking gays why they want to be married since she can answer your questions.

Her reasons have nothing to do with gay government marriage. Even if they did, why would it make sense to me? We just disagree. We understand each other's views just fine. We just disagree with them. It happens. And she gets her way. That usually happens too.

Civil Marriage is Civil Marriage. Her reasons for wanting a "gubmit" marriage is the same reason gays have for wanting it...and for all the reasons that were listed here.

You have your answer, you can stop asking why gays want to be married, married guy.

You're not "advocating your views" when you ask derisively why gays want to get married. You know the answer so why do you keep asking it?

People aren't allowed to advocate their views now? Or only uppity gays?

You're not "advocating your views" when you ask derisively why gays want to get married. You know the answer so why do you keep asking it?

I don't specifically ask that question that way, so I'm not sure what you are looking for exactly.

She keeps telling me to stop advocating my views. I keep saying fine, you go first. And you ask me that question?

Seawytch, the one too lazy to read the conversation before jumping in has a question for you.

She keeps telling me to stop advocating my views. I keep saying fine, you go first. And you ask me that question?

Seawytch, the one too lazy to read the conversation before jumping in has a question for you.
You can advocate your views all you want. What ARE your views? Let's hear them.

kaz, heterosexuals create homosexuals.

They will never die out.

Even if it's a recessive gene, that once you get a gay/gay match you stop breeding, the number of gays will significantly drop. Think about it. Liberals never do think through your arguments. You can't, you would realize they don't make sense...
Genetics is probably part of it but not all of it....like left-handedness...or a artistic talent.

Kaz has just revealed he does not get Mendel and excessive gene pool as well as randomness as well as I am not a liberal any more than Kaz is anarchist.
You're a liberal you dumbass .
A liberal dumbass

No I haven't. I think you should advocate your views MORE. I don't think just sniveling about how gays get exactly what you get is enough and that you should be picketing county clerk offices. I mean, how dedicated to stopping "gubmit" marriage are you? (outside your own, of course)

Redfish is babbling.

Show me the scientific evidence that hetero and homo sexuality are not genetically determined.

Show evidence that is IS!
Don't have to because the sillies above in the thread flatly state there isn't. It's their obligation to show by objective evidence. If there is not any such, then the problem is relative, and the far social con right has clearly shown they have no objective argument for denying marriage equality.

When their puffed up pretend intelligentsia pops up out of the box and spew their nonsense, it is time to pass coffee and donuts and enjoy the burlesque.

REDFISH: Show me the scientific evidence that hetero and homo sexuality are not genetically determined
JAKEMALARKEY: It's their obligation to show by objective evidence. If there is not any such ....

The human genome is complete and the Human Genome Project is over .... Most of the major science journals reported on the progress in the field of genetics, .... The one piece of information that never materialized from the Human Genome Project was the identification of the so-called gay gene. There is none, Homosexuality is not truly a genetic issue, but as Freud and Socarides theorized - it's a Mental disorder.

Science vs. the Gay Gene

Pathology of Homosexuality

Redfish is babbling.

Show me the scientific evidence that hetero and homo sexuality are not genetically determined.

Don't have to because the sillies above in the thread flatly state there isn't. It's their obligation to show by objective evidence. If there is not any such, then the problem is relative, and the far social con right has clearly shown they have no objective argument for denying marriage equality.

When their puffed up pretend intelligentsia pops up out of the box and spew their nonsense, it is time to pass coffee and donuts and enjoy the burlesque.

REDFISH: Show me the scientific evidence that hetero and homo sexuality are not genetically determined
JAKEMALARKEY: It's their obligation to show by objective evidence. If there is not any such ....

The human genome is complete and the Human Genome Project is over .... Most of the major science journals reported on the progress in the field of genetics, .... The one piece of information that never materialized from the Human Genome Project was the identification of the so-called gay gene. There is none, Homosexuality is not truly a genetic issue, but as Freud and Socarides theorized - it's a Mental disorder.

Science vs. the Gay Gene

Then why is it that 40% of identical twins, if one is gay, the other is gay also....when with other siblings including fraternal twins, the % is simply the average of about 2-10%?

SeaWytch is incapable of formulating an objective opinion her sexual dementia and her perverse bias is incredibly overwhelming and has devoured her entire being - they say you are what you eat - on this forum she's the rug upon which I wipe my feet.

This 'government marriage' nonsense is the epitome of libertarian ignorance and idiocy.

Government cannot be 'gotten out' of marriage – they are one in the same; which is why states are subject to lawsuits when they refuse to allow gay Americans access to the state contract law that is marriage.

Redfish is babbling.

Science vs. the Gay Gene

I find it hard to take anything seriously from a site that considers evolution a myth :lol:

Here's some stuff for thought:
How our genes could make us gay or straight - The Washington Post
A gay Gene - Is Homosexuality Inherited Assault On Gay America FRONTLINE PBS

Most scientists seem to think that homosexuality is a combination of genetics (likely not one gene), enviroment, and biology. It's hard to untangle causes but they're pretty much in agreement that it's hard-wired, not a mental disorder.

Redfish is babbling.

Science vs. the Gay Gene

Then why is it that 40% of identical twins, if one is gay, the other is gay also....when with other siblings including fraternal twins, the % is simply the average of about 2-10%?

Actually - you're statistics are off somewhat - the actual number of identical twins that are both gay is closer to 50% not 40%

But that is irrelevant - if homosexuality were genetically determined the number of identical twins with identical genes who are both faggots would teeter in the high 90s - closer to 100% - given the fact that some halfs of the pair of twins would be overtly suppressing their genetic composition.

The 40 - 50% only proves that the twins involved had identical upbringings and somewhere during their childhood had shared experiences which led to their dementia . [Nurture over Nature]

As well - in almost all cases of twins - there is a dominant and submissive [or recessive] twin - if the dominant twin becomes Homosexual due to traumatic experience or other underlying factors the recessive or submissive twin will generally follow suit.

Forum List

Back