The hypocrisy and arrogance of atheism

Why is there no verifiable proof for a 6K year old earth?

Because there is not any.

What evidence do you produce to back up which is "fairy tales" and which is not?

You have produced NO EVIDENCE.

Just declaring something is true because other people say it is true, or declaring something is false because someone says it's false is no more valid than the Nazis practicing "racial science" because all their "educated" men said it was true.

A lot of false pseudoscience was considered true because "educated" men claimed it was.

Where is the EVIDENCE?

That's all I'm asking for!

As yet, all you can do is double down on the "well they are educated so that makes it true" dogma.

That's a dogma, not evidence.

There is knowledge. There is faith. They are not the same thing. To shout for evidence is not being reasonable, because evidence is physical, objective.

To study the veracity of faith, one has to let go of the objective and study the subjective. Where can thought take us?

A question I can never get far with is, where does thought actually end, and observation begin? Is awareness thought, or is it observation? It seems to me that in matters of spirit, we cannot move to the objective, so we must stay in the world of thought--we cannot get to the physical.

This does not make thought any less factual. In fact, often times evidence without thought is useless.

Atheists and fundamental theists are opposite sides of the same coin, similar to

commies and libertarians

Why is there no verifiable proof for a 6K year old earth?

Because there is not any.
That's a highly debatable issue. I believe most claim it to be somewhere around 4.5 billion years old. Personally, I believe it is much older. The Methuselah star was measured using the triangulation method which I consider very accurate as well as measured for illuminance, trajectory, speed, etc. It was estimated to be between 13.5 and 16 billion years old. I don't accept the methodology they used in determining the earth's age.

in my experience the reason atheists are poor at debate is that they rely too much on the ignorance posted at AthiestsRUs websites........now I realize that many of them quote this rubbish, knowing it is rubbish, but I suspect that a considerable number of them are simply not smart enough to realize how stupid this crap is......

in my experience the reason atheists are poor at debate is that they rely too much on the ignorance posted at AthiestsRUs websites........now I realize that many of them quote this rubbish, knowing it is rubbish, but I suspect that a considerable number of them are simply not smart enough to realize how stupid this crap is......
My goodness. That was a post worthy of a whiny 12 year old.

another reason atheists can be poor at debate is they never address that which we say.......

another reason atheists can be poor at debate is they never address that which we say.......
Actually, you have been supplied with a wealth of verifiable data that contradicts your literal rendering of biblical tales and fables. Your inability to address that data is your own failing.

your literal rendering of biblical tales and fables.
see?....atheists don't address what we say....they only address that which they want to pretend we say......

It's because they have no argument. Hollie never posts anything except snide little remarks that offer no information or argument. She usually includes something nonsensical about gawds or something.

see?....atheists don't address what we say....they only address that which they want to pretend we say......

It's because they have no argument. Hollie never posts anything except snide little remarks that offer no information or argument. She usually includes something nonsensical about gawds or something.
Actually, I typically include links to peer reviewed sources that refute the claims of Ark'ists and supernaturalists.

Actually, I typically include links to peer reviewed sources that refute the claims of Ark'ists and supernaturalists.

Oh Gawd!!

Oh Gawd!!

Appeals to your gawds won't help. What I can do is provide overwhelming evidence, that evidence being provable, testable and verifiable that natural causes and events have fully rational and explainable causes. As for facts, I can point you to a hundred different web sites, authored by hundreds of scientists containing factual data on science, chemistry, evolution and physics. All can provide testable proof of natural explanations for naturally caused events. Evolution is a scientific fact as evidenced by overwhelming evidence. Dispute it all you want, there are plenty of websites that can be looked at exhaustively to show overwhelming evidence. Yes there are gaps in it, there is nothing wrong with that-- all knowledge comes to us in bits and pieces. Genesis is a religious claim and cannot be shown to have any evidence. This clearly and inarguably separates it from science. "Gawd created this and that" is not science, it's a theistic claim.

Oh Gawd!!

Appeals to your gawds won't help. What I can do is provide overwhelming evidence, that evidence being provable, testable and verifiable that natural causes and events have fully rational and explainable causes. As for facts, I can point you to a hundred different web sites, authored by hundreds of scientists containing factual data on science, chemistry, evolution and physics. All can provide testable proof of natural explanations for naturally caused events. Evolution is a scientific fact as evidenced by overwhelming evidence. Dispute it all you want, there are plenty of websites that can be looked at exhaustively to show overwhelming evidence. Yes there are gaps in it, there is nothing wrong with that-- all knowledge comes to us in bits and pieces. Genesis is a religious claim and cannot be shown to have any evidence. This clearly and inarguably separates it from science. "Gawd created this and that" is not science, it's a theistic claim.

It's not overwhelming evidence if you got it from an internet website. It is the author's opinion and conjecture. Evolution is called "the theory of evolution" for a reason. For everything you can post arguing for evolution, there is another website that has just as good an argument against your website. Evolution in no way can explain the digital signature of a single living cell and how it can store several volumes of information. Only intelligent design can possibly account for that.

Oh Gawd!!

It's not overwhelming evidence if you got it from an internet website. It is the author's opinion and conjecture. Evolution is called "the theory of evolution" for a reason. For everything you can post arguing for evolution, there is another website that has just as good an argument against your website. Evolution in no way can explain the digital signature of a single living cell and how it can store several volumes of information. Only intelligent design can possibly account for that.
That's absolutely false. Firstly, your lack of a science vocabulary causes you not to understand the terms of a scientific theory. Does the theory of gravity cause you to dismiss gravity?

Secondly, you can certainly link to fundie creation websites to support your religious beliefs but you're in error to suggest that literal renderings of biblical tales can be defended.

Lastly, evolution certainly can explain the several volumes of information in cells. If you want to learn of the DNA contained in organic life from the distant past, you could ask a biologist.

Forum List

Back