The inevitable victory of the Left

[
Yet, in the past 8 years, Republicans have increased their US House seats, their US Senate seats, hold more Governor seats and have taken more State Legislatures than any other time in the past 70 years.

All of that in the face of the only policy that progressives cling to.

Robbing Peter to get Paul's vote.

And what do Conservatives have to show for it? In fact, what do Conservatives have to show for the 6 years the GOP had majority in Congress and the Presidency from 2001 to 2007?
I know you think you have a point, but if you look closely, the makeup of the GOP in the 2001 to 2006 Congresses has been altered pretty drastically. Those that were the liberal go along to get along GOP'ers are being replaced with better representatives. Representatives that understand that we cannot continue to go the progressive way. It is disappointing and unfortunate the more republicans did not vote against the boner, but some did and that's a good example of the the country moving in the correct direction.

What we have to show for the growing and increasing popularity in the States and in the countries Congressional districts is a Congress that has finally started doing its job.

I realize that you lack civics education, but you see. The purpose of the House of Representatives is to write and pass legislation that addresses and corrects specific issues.

They are required to do this regardless of who controls the Senate or the Presidency.

The same can be said about the Senate. They are to do their job regardless of who controls the House or the Presidency.

For the past 6 years, only 1 chamber of the Congress has done its job.

Remember. Congress is under no obligation to follow a President or a President's agenda. None whatever.

Each time the President vetoes the just and legal legislation of the Congress, the people will see it. They will remember it. They will finally get a first-hand look at which who is obstructing whom.

The question was,

what do conservatives have to show for it?

Your answer is, quite clearly, Nothing.
They have a product of their labor to present to the American people.

BTW....they gave us a safer country which has been squandered away.

There are more tangible results than a passed bill, but I know you won't get that.

The Congress and the Senate have begun a healing time. Where bills are debated and voted up, as it was meant to be.

Time will tell us if these chambers have begun to move in the correct direction, but one thing is certain. They have, at least for the moments, stopped going in the wrong direction.

[
Yet, in the past 8 years, Republicans have increased their US House seats, their US Senate seats, hold more Governor seats and have taken more State Legislatures than any other time in the past 70 years.

And what do Conservatives have to show for it? In fact, what do Conservatives have to show for the 6 years the GOP had majority in Congress and the Presidency from 2001 to 2007?
I know you think you have a point, but if you look closely, the makeup of the GOP in the 2001 to 2006 Congresses has been altered pretty drastically. Those that were the liberal go along to get along GOP'ers are being replaced with better representatives. Representatives that understand that we cannot continue to go the progressive way. It is disappointing and unfortunate the more republicans did not vote against the boner, but some did and that's a good example of the the country moving in the correct direction.

What we have to show for the growing and increasing popularity in the States and in the countries Congressional districts is a Congress that has finally started doing its job.

I realize that you lack civics education, but you see. The purpose of the House of Representatives is to write and pass legislation that addresses and corrects specific issues.

They are required to do this regardless of who controls the Senate or the Presidency.

The same can be said about the Senate. They are to do their job regardless of who controls the House or the Presidency.

Remember. Congress is under no obligation to follow a President or a President's agenda. None whatever.

Each time the President vetoes the just and legal legislation of the Congress, the people will see it. They will remember it. They will finally get a first-hand look at which who is obstructing whom.

The question was,

Control of Congress. Next question.

lol, excuse me retard but if controlling Congress doesn't advance your agenda you have gained nothing.

Will this Congress be kicking gays out of the military? Will they repeal Obamacare? Will they outlaw all abortion? Will they end the war on poverty? Will they outlaw all same sex marriage? Will they abolish the EPA?

[

The question was,

There are more tangible results than a passed bill, but I know you won't get that.

The Congress and the Senate have begun a healing time. Where bills are debated and voted up, as it was meant to be.

Time will tell us if these chambers have begun to move in the correct direction, but one thing is certain. They have, at least for the moments, stopped going in the wrong direction.

In other words, nothing. Look at my last post above this one and tell us what of that the conservatives will accomplish.

[

The question was,

lol, excuse me retard but if controlling Congress doesn't advance your agenda you have gained nothing.

Will this Congress be kicking gays out of the military? Will they repeal Obamacare? Will they outlaw all abortion? Will they end the war on poverty? Will they outlaw all same sex marriage? Will they abolish the EPA?
lol. Control of Congress IS the agenda of both political parties. retard. :)

[

The question was,

Again, you show your fail at civics.

Whether or not a congress gets legislation past a President is not the focus of their job. Their job is to identify issues that are harming the country and craft laws that will alter or prevent that.

If it gets blocked by an obstructionist, then it does. But they have done their job and the American people will take note of it.

Just like they will take note of the Democrats who are waking up to the fact that they have a job to do independent of their party leader and are voting their concsious.

I hope to see more debates and more votes in both chambers. It proves our government is at least functional.

[

The question was,

In other words, nothing. Look at my last post above this one and tell us what of that the conservatives will accomplish.
Never mind. I don't think you have the ability to understand it.

The question was,

So you concede that the conservatives cannot roll back the liberal accomplishments of the last decade.

I think that's the point of the OP.

The question was,

Conservatives will not roll back the liberal accomplishments of the last decade, on issues that conservatives have been fighting against every step of the way.

You lost. Get over it.

The question was,

So you concede that the conservatives cannot roll back the liberal accomplishments of the last decade.

I think you are mistaken.

At least a few posters are of the position that a liberal victory is assured simply because they are liberal.

You asked for the accomplishments of Republicans and I answered you. They have won control of Congress.

You lost, get over it.

The question was,

Conservatives will not roll back the liberal accomplishments of the last decade, on issues that conservatives have been fighting against every step of the way.

You lost. Get over it.
That remains to be seen. It may take a few more elections to remove the bad apples, but rolling back legislation that actively harms the country will be a goal, and the Congress will do their job to do exactly that. The success of those laws may simply take a few more years. But the wrong direction the country was heading at least has been slowed if not halted.

The question was,

At least a few posters are of the position that a liberal victory is assured simply because they are liberal.

You asked for the accomplishments of Republicans and I answered you. They have won control of Congress.

You lost, get over it.

The GOP Congress will do nothing. They won't win back anything conservatives have lost on in the last decade.

You lost, get over it.

The GOP Congress will do nothing. They won't win back anything conservatives have lost on in the last decade.
Feel free to speculate on what will and what won't happen.

You lost, get over it.

I gave you a list. Give me a plausible scenario where conservatives win on anything on that list.

You lost, get over it.

I gave you a list. Give me a plausible scenario where conservatives win on anything on that list.
I answered your question already. Feel free to make all the speculative lists you like. I won't read them, either.

The hardcore Left has been very effective over time, because it has been very consistent in its messaging and very patient. We've now reached the point where earned success is questioned (or worse), where business owners didn't build that, where people are owed something for nothing.

Of course, the Right has been very helpful to the Left, as it has either (a) acted oblivious or (b) been oblivious to the negative effects of its simplistic, binary, knee-jerk reactions to all taxes, all regulation, all government, pretty much anything that doesn't fit into its tight little vacuum. The messaging skills of the Right have, uh, vanished, and it seems to have absolutely no comprehension of the critical nature of equilibrium. None, zero. A big assist to its political adversaries.

Meanwhile, the Left continues to pile up little victories. We'll know more in 2016, I reckon.

The hardcore Left has not been very effective, ever. Not a single one of their ideas have worked, nor will they ever work. The fundamental precept to all of their ideas, redistribution of wealth by mandate, is nothing more than common thuggery wrapped in pretty bows. Rewarding sloth by punishing effort has never, and will never be a successful long term strategy of any society.

Only the left has reached the point where earned success is questioned (or worse), where business owners didn't build that, where people are owed something for nothing. But it was not a reach for them. This has always been one of their strategies. Destroy the country from within by making success and effort sins of the greedy in all media and text books.

Many in the Right are Left people who put the republican hat on to subvert it.

Anyone in the right with messaging skills gets viciously attacked by the country's media outlets, and sued thousands of times by the left who have courts that are bought and paid for by the left. See suits against Palin for an example.

The big assist is from the media who control the gist of what some people, like you, think everyone is thinking.

Meanwhile, the Left just got their butt whipped. We'll know more in 2016, I reckon.

You lost, get over it.

I answered your question already. Feel free to make all the speculative lists you like. I won't read them, either.

Will conservatives ever end same sex marriage, one of their most precious goals?

Will conservatives ever end legal abortion, one more or their most precious goals?

You people fail generation after generation.

You lost, get over it.

Will conservatives ever end same sex marriage, one of their most precious goals?

Will conservatives ever end legal abortion, one more or their most precious goals?

Will liberals ever put together a full century of such incredible accomplishment and progress such as the conservative businesspeople and US military did in the 20th Century?

Ideology fail.

Will liberals ever put together a full century of such incredible accomplishment and progress such as the conservative businesspeople and US military did in the 20th Century?

Ideology fail.

False premise. The most important military achievement of the 20th century was accomplished by the military of Franklin Delano Roosevelt...

...the RWnuts' most hated liberal.

Forum List

Back