The Jan. 6 Committee plans to vote to subpoena Trump during today's hearing

UPDATED: The House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 coup attempt has voted to subpoena Donald J. Trump to give testimony and produce documents relating to the January 6, 2021 coup attempt instigated and abetted by Trump and his allies. “Every American is entitled to these answers,” Rep. Liz Cheney said before the vote. The vote was unanimous.
My avatar, for one, thinks it is a good tactical move by the Committee. I expect that they know full well he'll play dodge'em on actually showing up. They know that.
However, what it does do is sets the marker of" "Look, we gave him a golden opportunity to come before the Committee and the American people and tell his side of the story."

Which, strive as they might, the Committee has struggled to get ALL of the players-in-the-know to come and 'tell-their-side'.
As we heard today over 50 people-in-the-know have plead the 5th Amendment right to not make statements that could incriminate them criminally.

So those 50+ didn't want to tell what they knew, or what they did. (for example, John Eastman plead the 5th...146 times. Roger Stone plead the 5th to every question. Jeffrey Clark plead the 5th to every question. Michael Flynn plead the 5th to every question from the J6 Committee. Alex Jones plead the 5th "almost 100 times.") Peter Navarro and Mark Meadows are fighting the subpoenas to testify.

Look, these folks know their side of the story better than anyone else.

Yet, they refuse to give their side of the story.....perhaps thinking that their side of the story will incriminate them in criminal activity?

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot!!
-------------------------------------------------

"US law allows a defendant the right to cross examine witnesses and testimony. This show cluster fuck has denied Trump his rights."

Ummm, poster BillyBob, I believe you mean well and are sincere in your fanboying of DonT.
However, these proceedings that you have faithfully followed....don't have 'defendants'.
Only witnesses.
It's a 'hearing' .... not a trial. Not an indictment.

Look, it is like this: The Committee is charged with investigating what happened so they can better understand the details and the nuances so they can recommend to the House of Representatives as a whole their advice on best-practices methods to avoid another violent attack on our legislators at the Capitol of the United States.

That is their charge.
Discover what happened.
So that new or better laws can be crafted as a preventative.
I'm sure you can understand the utility of such an effort.

There is no need for your defensiveness over DonT. He is only being asked with this subpoena to come before the Committee and share with them his side of the story.

I hope that helps mitigate your angst.

Last edited:
My avatar, for one, thinks it is a good tactical move by the Committee. I expect that they know full well he'll play dodge'em on actually showing up. They know that.
However, what it does do is sets the marker of" "Look, we gave him a golden opportunity to come before the Committee and the American people and tell his side of the story."

Which, strive as they might, the Committee has struggled to get ALL of the players-in-the-know to come and 'tell-their-side'.
As we heard today over 50 people-in-the-know have plead the 5th Amendment right to not make statements that could incriminate them. So those 50+ didn't want to tell what they knew, or what they did. (for example, John Eastman plead the 5th...146 times. Roger Stone plead the 5th to every question. Jeffrey Clark plead the 5th to every question. Michael Flynn plead the 5th to every question from the J6 Committee. Alex Jones plead the 5th "almost 100 times."

Peter Navarro and Mark Meadows are fighting the subpoenas to testify.

Yet, they refuse to give their side of the story.....thinking that their side of the story will incriminate them in criminal activity.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot!!

Ummm, poster BillyBob, I believe you mean well, and are sincere in your fanboying of DonT.
However, these proceedings that you have faithfully followed....don't have 'defendants'.
Only witnesses.

Look, it is like this: The Committee is charged with investigating what happened so they can better understand the details and the nuances so they can recommend to the House of Representatives as a whole their advice on the best-practices methods to avoid another violent attack on our legislators at the Capitol of the United States.

That is their charge.
Discover what happened.

There is no need for your defensiveness over DonT. He is only being asked with this subpoena to come before the Committee and share with them his side of the story.

Your avatar is a bitmap - an inanimate object.

Yet there remains little doubt that the bitmap is significantly smarter than you, Chalicotherium,

1665704972328.png

An extinct sloth with a brain the size of a pea...

Try to keep up ok.

Trump just lost a judgement that said his attorneys can no longer stall and avoid him having to testify under oath regarding a defemation lawsuit filed by a woman he raped in the 1990's.

He has to go sit on Sunday and give sworn testimony on the allegations.

Now, one could try to say "innocent until proven guilry" or throw out the words "allegedly raped".....but COME ON!

"Innocent people don't pay attorneys milluons of dollars with allegations like these hanging over rheir heads, trying to keep the case out of court.

GUILTY people do.

Plus....we've already got rhe dumbass on recording bragging about his sexual assaults.

CHECKMATE!

Defamation is not rape. And, as we saw in the Kavanaugh hearings, the Democrats and opportunists will try to get money from anyone they can by lying. So, it's why a person is not guilty until proven guilty. Some accusation from an opportunist isn't a reason for guilt. So, where's the proof of rape? DNA? Anything? A hearing by the loonies in Congress is going to find proof? And, what does January 6th and this case have to do with each other? Nothing.

As we heard today over 50 people-in-the-know have plead the 5th Amendment right to not make statements that could incriminate them criminally.

So those 50+ didn't want to tell what they knew, or what they did. (for example, John Eastman plead the 5th...146 times. Roger Stone plead the 5th to every question. Jeffrey Clark plead the 5th to every question. Michael Flynn plead the 5th to every question from the J6 Committee. Alex Jones plead the 5th "almost 100 times.") Peter Navarro and Mark Meadows are fighting the subpoenas to testify.

Yet, they refuse to give their side of the story.....perhaps thinking that their side of the story will incriminate them in criminal activity?

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot!!

Ummm, poster BillyBob, I believe you mean well and are sincere in your fanboying of DonT.
Only witnesses.

Look, it is like this: The Committee is charged with investigating what happened so they can better understand the details and the nuances so they can recommend to the House of Representatives as a whole their advice on best-practices methods to avoid another violent attack on our legislators at the Capitol of the United States.

That is their charge.
Discover what happened.

Yes! This is a very serious committee that strives to get to the truth and better America going forward.

Why do you think they edited Peacefully protest out of the Trump video and distorted the truth?

Last edited:

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot!!

Only witnesses.

That is their charge.
Discover what happened.

:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

You ignore administrative law which binds these hearings. They have failed to follow Administrative Law and the Rules of the House of Representatives. Funny that you run right past those to get where you want to go... Blaming Trump... IT shows your pure partisan BS for what it is...

I'm not usually one to pay attention to individual, specific polls, but...

The committee is performing a service by getting this stuff on the public record, and I'm glad they're doing it.

But it's not making a difference. It's doesn't appear to be changing minds or making a dent one way or the other.

Jan6-opinion-1.jpg

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot!!

Only witnesses.

That is their charge.
Discover what happened.

I hope they allow him to talk. They may change their mind when he starts to blame Pelosi for rejecting the National Guard that was offered days before.

number of phone calls to check in on Officer Michael Fanone, who was physically injured & got PTSD & had to retire because of Jan 6

Pelosi: 300, including one face time at 3 AM
Trump: 0

Fanone also had drinks with Reps Swalwell (D) and Kinzinger (R)

Liz Cheney took him out to dinner, & Joan Baez honored him along with Dr Anthony Fauci
And Trump was paid a visit from the FBI. :abgg2q.jpg:

Which would you rather see. Trump in jail for 20 years or the border secured, inflation controlled, world peace, and all the homeless housed?
One has nothing to do with the other. Your question is rediculous on it's face.

Forum List

Back