The Left's Enduring Charlottesville Lie

Status
Not open for further replies.
The progs triggered great false hatred over the incident. The idea Trump is racist was built off Charlottesville, and progs are too emotionally confused to comprehend they've been had.
Trumps timidness in condemning racism and ultimate sharing of blame made it obvious he was a racist

Except for the fact that he was quite clear and strong in his condemnation.

Why do you tell lies that turn Americans against each other?
He was far from strong or clear

His first impulse was to ignore the hate rally for two days
Only after he came under extreme criticism did he speak out

Rather than speak out against hate, he issued a statement blaming both sides

That brought more criticism. At that point, his staff wrote him a nice statement condemning hate groups

WEAK leadership

That is not what happened. The fantasy world you live in is comical.

Not true and you know it.

The stated purpose of the rally, was against removing a historical statue.

You are a liar.
It stopped being about statues the minute hate groups showed up

Interesting claim.

Do you imagine that the people that were there about the statues, magically were teleported away, when the hate groups showed up?

Please explain your statement. I do not understand it.
It stopped being about statues the minute hate groups showed up. Then it became a hate march

Yes, I understand your position. I am asking you to explain it.

There were people there that were there to protest the removal of the statue.

At what point in your mind, and how, did they stop being there for that?
Been Splained

You are just too thick to understand it

You calling someone else stupid is comical as you’re in the top five of stupidest people who post here on a regular basis. U of Buffalo education at work yet again.

I think Trump's statements have been parsed far too much. It's much simpler than all this.

Trump, since Day One, has had an innate understanding of his "base", informed significantly by his relationships with people like Hannity and Limbaugh.

So all we was doing was covering his political flank by saying something that he naturally sensed would mitigate the situation with his base.

Sure, he was characteristically clumsy and inarticulate in the way he did it, but we know that those qualities are not important in his case.

He was pleasing his base. That was, is, and will continue to be his Number One Priority for the duration. It's really pretty simple.

So, you're saying the base is racist. Yeah, we knew that already.

25583730.jpg

I think Trump's statements have been parsed far too much. It's much simpler than all this.

Trump, since Day One, has had an innate understanding of his "base", informed significantly by his relationships with people like Hannity and Limbaugh.

So all we was doing was covering his political flank by saying something that he naturally sensed would mitigate the situation with his base.

Sure, he was characteristically clumsy and inarticulate in the way he did it, but we know that those qualities are not important in his case.

He was pleasing his base. That was, is, and will continue to be his Number One Priority for the duration. It's really pretty simple.

That's not a word I use lightly. There is racism, there is ignorant bigotry, there is impotent rage, there is emotional frustration. What I do know is that he has barely enough skill to appeal to those things, whether it's purposely or by pure accident.

Interesting claim.

Do you imagine that the people that were there about the statues, magically were teleported away, when the hate groups showed up?

It stopped being about statues the minute hate groups showed up. Then it became a hate march

Been Splained

So, dumb it down for me.

Let's say this guy here.

happy-man.jpg

went to the rally, because he is a huge history buff and is strongly opposed to taking down the Statue.

At what point, does his motivation stop being that?

You say when the hate groups show up. Does he have to see them, or is there presence nearby, enough to change his motivation?

Does he have a Mulligan? If he sees one "hater" and thinks that that might be just a lone guy, is he still there for historical reasons?

How long does he have to leave, after seeing (or not?!), the hate groups,, does he have to leave? DOes he have to run at full speed or can he walk? What if he has no transportation? Does it matter?

You made a claim, but you explained NOTHING.
Ummm......maybe when he shows up and sees Nazis and KKK

Most realize it is time to go to another rally

nazi-peter-cvjetanovic.jpg

Interesting claim.

Been Splained

You calling someone else stupid is comical as you’re in the top five of stupidest people who post here on a regular basis. U of Buffalo education at work yet again.
I am a Stable Genius

Interesting claim.

Been Splained

So, dumb it down for me.

Let's say this guy here.

happy-man.jpg

went to the rally, because he is a huge history buff and is strongly opposed to taking down the Statue.

You say when the hate groups show up. Does he have to see them, or is there presence nearby, enough to change his motivation?

Does he have a Mulligan? If he sees one "hater" and thinks that that might be just a lone guy, is he still there for historical reasons?

How long does he have to leave, after seeing (or not?!), the hate groups,, does he have to leave? DOes he have to run at full speed or can he walk? What if he has no transportation? Does it matter?

That picture gets a lot of use. Because that guy is pretty obviously very angry, even hateful.

The guy next to him just looks stern. THe one behind him just looks bored.

So, what if the guy, the one above, didn't see that guy that you posted? Wasn't that even from another night? THe car attack took place the next day, in daylight.

0345c7-20190327-car-attack-charlottesvill.jpg

That's not a word I use lightly. There is racism, there is ignorant bigotry, there is impotent rage, there is emotional frustration. What I do know is that he has barely enough skill to appeal to those things, whether it's purposely or by pure accident.
Barely enough? He has plenty of "skill" to appeal to his racist base. Nazis being "very fine people" is just a drop in his proverbial bucket. From the Central Park five to birtherism and now telling American citizens to "go back to their countries".

Trump keeps telling us exactly who he is and the base doesn't care or they support it.

Trump says he's not a racist. That's not how white nationalists see it - CNNPolitics

Barely enough? He has plenty of "skill" to appeal to his racist base. Nazis being "very fine people" is just a drop in his proverbial bucket. From the Central Park five to birtherism and now telling American citizens to "go back to their countries".

Trump keeps telling us exactly who he is and the base doesn't care or they support it.

Trump says he's not a racist. That's not how white nationalists see it - CNNPolitics

Funny, he is so racist, that you have to lie about it, to support your claim.

He specifically stated that he was NOT referring to the nazis, when he made the "very fine people comment.

Your very first example to support your claim, is a lie.

I challenge you to dispute what I just said.

You won't. Because you can't.

Funny, he is so racist, that you have to lie about it, to support your claim.

He specifically stated that he was NOT referring to the nazis, when he made the "very fine people comment.

Your very first example to support your claim, is a lie.

I challenge you to dispute what I just said.

You won't. Because you can't.

I employed hyperbole. As a Trump cultist you should be used to and even embrace such a thing.

What Trump did was remain silent for days, refusing to condemn the Nazis. It wasn't until pressure mounted and he was forced to come out with his weak "very fine people" comment. Why? Because he didn't want to piss off the racists that vote for him. He needs every vote he can get.

White Supremacists Cheer Trump’s Message

Trump goes off script, and white supremacists cheer

Polishing the turds left by Trump must be exhausting.

Has anyone else seen so much rationalization?

If it wasn't for situational ethics, the Trumpians would have no ethics at all.

I have no doubt he knows that a portion of his base is classic racist, and that he's careful not to annoy them.

By far his top priority is himself, and by extension keeping his base happy, no matter what he has to do or say, so that's what he'll do.

So it's a matter of derivation - is it racist to cater to and enable racists? Meh, I don't know for sure. As I said, that's a word I use carefully.

Interesting claim.

Been Splained

So, dumb it down for me.

Let's say this guy here.

happy-man.jpg

And he likely would have except all hell broke loose. When you see an auto accident you slow down and look. It is human nature.

Been Splained

So, dumb it down for me.

Let's say this guy here.

happy-man.jpg

That picture gets a lot of use. Because that guy is pretty obviously very angry, even hateful.

The guy next to him just looks stern. THe one behind him just looks bored.

So, what if the guy, the one above, didn't see that guy that you posted? Wasn't that even from another night? THe car attack took place the next day, in daylight.

0345c7-20190327-car-attack-charlottesvill.jpg
Was he deaf too?

Jews will NOT replace us

Been Splained

So, dumb it down for me.

Let's say this guy here.

happy-man.jpg

And he likely would have except all hell broke loose. When you see an auto accident you slow down and look. It is human nature.
When you see a hate rally, you join it?

Been Splained

So, dumb it down for me.

Let's say this guy here.

happy-man.jpg

When you see a hate rally, you join it?

If you get caught in the middle of it you are stuck. There was hate from the Alt Right and Antifa. Both asshole factions. I would watch from afar and laugh. Would that make me part of one of the factions? No. But I would be there watching with popcorn.

"Very fine people" don't march with Nazis, dope.

There is no way to spin that. He said what he said.

You want to disagree with what he said? That is fine. I would love to have that discussion.

BUT, first we have to stop the Big Lie that your fellow lefties keep telling about it.

We can't have a rational discussion, with vile filthy liars throwing hate bombs willy nilly.

The only lie is yours.
There cannot be "very fine people" on both sides when one side is white supremacists marching in a protest of the removal of statues of white supremacist leaders that was organized by white supremacists, dope.

The statue in question was of a military leader, not a white supremacist.

IMO, you certainly can have "very fine people" in favor of a statue commemorating a military leader.

And my point stands. IT is one thing to disagree with my above statement.

It is another to claim that what I (or trump) said was that some nazis "are very fine people".

Whch do you want to do? Do you want to disagree with the idea that people can support a statue of Lee without being nazis?

Or do you want to lie about what I (and Trump) said?

Pick one.

Hitler was a military leader. You can't separate a military leader from his ideologies.

Lee was a white nationalist who did not believe in equality for blacks and ultimately had to surrender. He was a racist pig. We need to move beyond veneration of racist pigs.

'Very fine people' do not support statues of Lee. Only racists.

You can indeed separate a military leader from his ideologies. Especially when he was a reluctant servant of those ideologies and later in life supported healing the wounds of those ideologies.

Hitler is a pretty extreme example. Unfairly so. You weren't trying to be unfair were you?

Probably a bit unfair. I honestly think Trump is much closer to Hitler in his ideologies.

However, I don't have any sympathy for folks who praise Lee. He was a traitor and a racist. He chose the wrong side. He wasn't forced into that. Reluctance.....gmab!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back