The liberal mythology of healthcare being a right

you do understand, gramps, that the government has the right to do things for the general welfare whether those things are "rights" or not. right??

That's a central point of contention.

Why do you think that they put that into the Constitution? In case of shit happening? You know, like an unsustainable "for profit" healthcare system?

How is helping sick people bad?

C'mon. Rub a couple neurons together. Helping sick people is good. Forcing people to do it is fucked up.

Wrong.

The government helping the old and the sick is good.

Saying otherwise is fucked up.

Let's put it in another context.

Blowjobs are good (what man could possible disagree?). But forcing women to give them would be fucked up. Does that clear things up?

The point is, you can't dictate human kindness. All you can do is subjugate people in the attempt.

For the sake of this post let's pretend you're right (which you're not).

Every right I can think of involves 2 paths. One to exercise it and one to deny it. Obamacare does the exact opposite. It FORCES you to exercise this so called right. So in essence it oppresses an individuals personal rights to decide for themselves.

You've all been claiming that healthcare is a right so exactly how does this law aid me in EXERCISING my rights? It doesn't, it FORCES me to take a path I may not want to take.

Where is my RIGHT to choose if Obama doesn't offer me a waiver like all his rich friends?

you do understand, gramps, that the government has the right to do things for the general welfare whether those things are "rights" or not. right??

as for whether or not health care is a right. if it isn't, it should be since it goes to basic human dignity. but even if it isn't, it's still the right thing to do since we're the only civilized nation that doesn't take care of its sick.

My grandmother spent the last 5 years of her life in my home with the exception of her last 6 months. Us as well as several charities and her medical coverage paid for nearly everything. Her prescriptions ran over 300 per month so she had to budget her income and the family and friends chipped in along with charity services.

Obamacare was not needed or required for her to end her life with freedom and dignity. Now thanks to obamacare you get to pay for someone else's grandmother because they have an easy escape from their responsibilities.

Every right I can think of involves 2 paths. One to exercise it and one to deny it. Obamacare does the exact opposite. It FORCES you to exercise this so called right. So in essence it oppresses an individuals personal rights to decide for themselves.

You've all been claiming that healthcare is a right so exactly how does this law aid me in EXERCISING my rights? It doesn't, it FORCES me to take a path I may not want to take.

Where is my RIGHT to choose if Obama doesn't offer me a waiver like all his rich friends?

as for whether or not health care is a right. if it isn't, it should be since it goes to basic human dignity. but even if it isn't, it's still the right thing to do since we're the only civilized nation that doesn't take care of its sick.

My grandmother spent the last 5 years of her life in my home with the exception of her last 6 months. Us as well as several charities and her medical coverage paid for nearly everything. Her prescriptions ran over 300 per month so she had to budget her income and the family and friends chipped in along with charity services.

Obamacare was not needed or required for her to end her life with freedom and dignity. Now thanks to obamacare you get to pay for someone else's grandmother because they have an easy escape from their responsibilities.

Obama cares.

Not everyone has a family to take care of them.

Obama cares.

Not everyone has a family to take care of them.
So maybe as an individual they should make plans for such things eh?

Chrissy? YOU are an idiot.

What "should be" is entirely opinion.

Vapid platitude fail, counselor.

Why do you think that they put that into the Constitution? In case of shit happening? You know, like an unsustainable "for profit" healthcare system?

It's in the constitution to limit the government's power to collect taxes. It's saying they can only collect taxes for the purpose of serving the general needs of citiziens i.e. they can't just tax us to fill up their coffers with cash. The conceit that the general welfare clause amounts to a broad, general power to do any damned thing under the sun is ridiculous. And, unfortunately, the statute our current court operates under. But I don't buy it.

Last edited:

General Welfare Clause doesn't mean what you think it does.

Don't you have ambulances to chase somewhere fraud?

Multiple pages later and not one person has refuted the idea that the op is true and that IF healthcare was a right Obama has just violated my rights.

Sucks to have your own hyperbole turned against you.

How is helping sick people bad?

C'mon. Rub a couple neurons together. Helping sick people is good. Forcing people to do it is fucked up.

Wrong.

In any case, the PPACA and the individual mandate isn't about helping the old and sick. It's about forcing all of us in to the insurance company pens.

Wrong.

In any case, the PPACA and the individual mandate isn't about helping the old and sick. It's about forcing all of us in to the insurance company pens.

And there I might agree with you.

Medicare for everyone would be better.

Wrong.

Good, then you'll be joining the effort to repeal PPACA?

You're thinking of Medicare, actually, and it's been around since Obama was about 4 years old.

Good, then you'll be joining the effort to repeal PPACA?

No, just replace it with Medicare for everyone.

It will happen one day.

Every other industrialized nation in the world has national health insurance.

Wrong.

You know damn well that's the final outcome of this bill. Insurance companies will go belly up being FORCED to cover everything under the moon. Prices will skyrocket to cover the costs and eventually the system will collapse.

It's the goal, and only a blind partisan fool would deny it.

"The poor overwhelmingly vote for the democrats.

Your theory falls flat on itself."

Brainwashed idiocy. Blacks skew the numbers, but Miss. and Al. etc are Pub central.

Forum List

Back