The Logic of ConservaRepub on Economy, UnEmployment & A Helping Hand from Govt.

Any proof to support your claim

You want proof that the US taxes overseas earnings of US companies?

Yup! I don't see how I could have made it anymore clear.

There are two theories of international taxation. Territorial taxation, most commonly used around the world, is based on the notion that only a company’s profits generated within national borders are subject to tax, thus avoiding double taxation. The United States, however, is using the worldwide taxation system. Every American company’s income generated outside the U.S. is not only subject to a foreign country’s taxes but also to the U.S. taxation regime. Although the worldwide approach was once much more popular, about two-thirds of Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) countries (joined recently even by Japan and United Kingdom) now use the territorial system. Right now the United States is the only country subject to both a worldwide system and a corporate tax rate above 30 percent.

Americans for Tax Reform Center for Fiscal Accountability

Happy to educate you.

OMG you have to be one of the most uninformed people I've ever seen in this regard - and ironically, you come off as if you are so informed, that you "educate" other people. Actually, you're not uninformed, you're just plain ignorant on the subject. Indoctrinated.

Here, let me educate you. I assume Bloomberg is a Conservative enough source?

U.S. Companies Dodge $60 Billion in Taxes With Global Odyssey - Bloomberg

So basically, Forrest MAKES Lexapro in the USA ONLY. SELL Lexapro in the USA ONLY - and ONLY To Americans. Makes Billions in profits on it IN THE USA ONLY. And pays ZERO taxes on it in the USA - EVER.
If you're not sophisticated enough that a major global corporation doesn't HAVE to ever directly bring money back to the USA, you're hardly one to educate anyone on anything in this regard.
If you're not sophisticated enough to understand how global corporations can return profits to the USA in the form of assets vs. actual document revenues, again, you're clueless. Or brain washed. Or both.

Google "Double Irish" to find out more. Then you can also Google techniques like the Dutch Sandwich and Carribean Cruise. Then you'll be at least a little informed.

Happy to educate you.

It's Republicans who put the country into debt, not Democrats.

Democrats in our government don't spend borrowed money?

I'm pretty sure our National Debt has increased by more than $5 trillion since Obama became President.

That figure is incorrect! Do you just pull a figure out of your ass and go with it. It's 2.2 Trillion, much of which was directly due to the previous admin. As anyone SHOULD know, credit card charges come due at a later date.

That is hilarious.

Did he fail out of 5th grade math, or was it earlier?

Yup! I don't see how I could have made it anymore clear.

There are two theories of international taxation. Territorial taxation, most commonly used around the world, is based on the notion that only a company’s profits generated within national borders are subject to tax, thus avoiding double taxation. The United States, however, is using the worldwide taxation system. Every American company’s income generated outside the U.S. is not only subject to a foreign country’s taxes but also to the U.S. taxation regime. Although the worldwide approach was once much more popular, about two-thirds of Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) countries (joined recently even by Japan and United Kingdom) now use the territorial system. Right now the United States is the only country subject to both a worldwide system and a corporate tax rate above 30 percent.

Happy to educate you.

OMG you have to be one of the most uninformed people I've ever seen in this regard - and ironically, you come off as if you are so informed, that you "educate" other people. Actually, you're not uninformed, you're just plain ignorant on the subject. Indoctrinated.

So basically, Forrest MAKES Lexapro in the USA ONLY. SELL Lexapro in the USA ONLY - and ONLY To Americans. Makes Billions in profits on it IN THE USA ONLY. And pays ZERO taxes on it in the USA - EVER.
If you're not sophisticated enough that a major global corporation doesn't HAVE to ever directly bring money back to the USA, you're hardly one to educate anyone on anything in this regard.
If you're not sophisticated enough to understand how global corporations can return profits to the USA in the form of assets vs. actual document revenues, again, you're clueless. Or brain washed. Or both.

Google "Double Irish" to find out more. Then you can also Google techniques like the Dutch Sandwich and Carribean Cruise. Then you'll be at least a little informed.

Happy to educate you.

I assume Bloomberg is a Conservative enough source?

Bloomberg the left wing nanny stater? LOL!

If you're not sophisticated enough that a major global corporation doesn't HAVE to ever directly bring money back to the USA

Well, if you followed the thread, there was this idiot who whined that US companies held $2.5 trillion off-shore and that they should use it to increase US employment.
I said they would, if we stopped the double taxation.

He denied such a thing existed. As you know, he was wrong.

Now how can I educate you further?

First of all, if you're capable of standing on a corner smoking dope with your posse, you can get a fucking job. If you have no physical or mental handicap that prevents you from flipping burgers, cleaning school toilets or pushing a lawn mower, you should be able to find employment in a reasonable length of time. I would support mandatory paid 13 week training programs all must attend after the initial 13 weeks of unemployment compensation. 3 months should be plenty of time to learn how to flip a burger and make change at a cash register, stock store shelves or sweep a high school hallway, even for a Liberal.

So the 8.2%(or even double that if I believe what cons have told me) of people who are unemployed now are choosing not to work? Are you saying that they can all have a job if they wanted it?

A damned high percentage of them find work when their 99 weeks runs out, don't they?

Still waiting to read how exactly you know of this?:eusa_whistle: While you are at it maybe you can supply that "supposed" "damn high %" you claim as well.

Last edited:

Happy to educate you.

Happy to educate you.

If you're not sophisticated enough that a major global corporation doesn't HAVE to ever directly bring money back to the USA

Well, if you followed the thread, there was this idiot who whined that US companies held $2.5 trillion off-shore and that they should use it to increase US employment.

You are so far out there in wrong field it is amazing, and yet you try and lay blame on me:confused:

How does this snipit from that article support your claim; "After an economic bailout in which the U.S. government lent, spent or guaranteed as much as $12.8 trillion, the Obama administration faces a projected budget deficit of $1.5 trillion this year. In February, the administration said it would target some of the techniques companies use to shift profits offshore -- part of a package intended to raise $12 billion a year over the coming decade.

...and this; “I find the issue of corporations paying no tax or little tax in the United States, when the majority of their operations are here, problematic,” Skoda said in an interview. “The problem is that this is sort of the level of micro that people don’t look at.”

Dig that head of yours out of your sphincter and you just might learn something but it won't support your lame claim.

Last edited:

Happy to educate you.

Happy to educate you.

Dude, how stupid can you and Frodflylow be? Obviously you didn't look at the article or read the post. Double taxation? Wrong. Zero taxation - which is WHY they bother offshoring it in the first place.

Double Irish arrangement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Google's 'Double Irish' tax scheme saved it $3.1B | Relevant Results - CNET News

Apple's tax strategies: 'Double Irish With a Dutch Sandwich' - Apple 2.0 - Fortune Tech

Shall I add more? Nah, you're such a brainwashed blithering idiot, you think the best minds at global corporations would subject themselves to double taxation by offshoring profits! What a whackjob!

And lemme guess, you're also stupid enough to believe that unemployment is caused by our corporate tax rates. Yeah. That's why GE, who paid ZERO, offshored jobs to India, where the tax rate is 33% on corporations. Yeah, those dots connect! Too funny.

Last edited:
Dude, how stupid can you and Frodflylow be? Obviously you didn't look at the article or read the post. Double taxation? Wrong. Zero taxation - which is WHY they bother offshoring it in the first place.

Which is EXACTLY what I stated. WTF are you writing about including me in his fucking fantasy bs?

Last edited:
So the 8.2%(or even double that if I believe what cons have told me) of people who are unemployed now are choosing not to work? Are you saying that they can all have a job if they wanted it?

A damned high percentage of them find work when their 99 weeks runs out, don't they?

Still waiting to read how exactly you know of this?:eusa_whistle: While you are at it maybe you can supply that "supposed" "damn high %" you claim as well.

Don't hold your breath. Evidence for their facts is like kryptonite.

The economy is really bad and it's all Obama's fault but no one should need a helping hand because there are plenty of jobs except that unemployment is really way higher than the govt says it is - except when it comes to the people who are out of work and need a helping hand, then there's plenty of jobs so they don't need help but that doesn't mean the economy is good.
Got it!

A helping hand doesn't mean a way of life. There are jobs out there and many don't want them because they have to train for them and stop taking from the government.

Stop the government give aways and see how many more people will become employed. Stop the regulations and taxing small businesses so they are reluctant to hire and fear the future.

Then I suggest the mega-corp's spend some of that $2.5 Trillion they have in off-shore acct's to work training folks AND paying a livable wage.

Gosh, I wonder why mega-corps would hold $2.5 trillion offshore?

I wonder if there is a tax aspect to that situation?
:eusa_whistle:

Happy to educate you.

Google's 'Double Irish' tax scheme saved it $3.1B | Relevant Results - CNET News

Apple's tax strategies: 'Double Irish With a Dutch Sandwich' - Apple 2.0 - Fortune Tech

Shall I add more? Nah, you're such a brainwashed blithering idiot, you think the best minds at global corporations would subject themselves to double taxation by offshoring profits! What a whackjob!

And lemme guess, you're also stupid enough to believe that unemployment is caused by our corporate tax rates. Yeah. That's why GE, who paid ZERO, offshored jobs to India, where the tax rate is 33% on corporations. Yeah, those dots connect! Too funny.

you think the best minds at global corporations would subject themselves to double taxation by offshoring profits!

When you open a division in another tax jurisdiction, you pay taxes in that area.
If you bring the profits back into the US, you'd pay more taxes.
I think the best minds would refuse to bring that money back.

And lemme guess, you're also stupid enough to believe that unemployment is caused by our corporate tax rates.

Tax rates have absolutely no influence on employment.
We should double our already highest in the world corporate tax rates.
Think of all the extra revenue the government could easily raise.
What could go wrong?

you think the best minds at global corporations would subject themselves to double taxation by offshoring profits!

When you open a division in another tax jurisdiction, you pay taxes in that area.

And lemme guess, you're also stupid enough to believe that unemployment is caused by our corporate tax rates.

What could go wrong?
Hear, hear.

Which is EXACTLY what I stated. WTF are you writing about including me in his fucking fantasy bs?

My abject apologies! I read the quotes in the ballons wrong. My mistake.

What could go wrong?

So you got Zero. Not surprising. And let's see, hmmm. Double? What is two times zero? NM. Your a mondless drone whose every thought and opinion is spoonfed to you.
I can prove this about you.
You cannot prove this about me.
This would be the difference between us.

Happy to educate you.

I would address this to IL. but he doesn't like debating with people that routinely beat the crap out of him using logic and irrefutable factual evidence, so I will just point out to everyone else how ignorant he is.

What is the Corporate Foreign Tax Credit?
The corporate foreign tax credit is a set of provisions designed by Congress to eliminate potential double taxation on the foreign-source income of U.S. corporations. Double taxation occurs when an item of income is taxed by both the United States, as the corporation's country of residence, as well as by the country where the income was generated. The current provisions allow U.S. businesses to credit their foreign taxes paid, accrued, or deemed paid against their U.S. income tax liability, subject to limitations that prevent taxpayers from using taxes paid in a country with a higher tax rate than the U.S. to offset their tax liability on U.S. income. Corporations are required to calculate this credit separately for different income categories to prevent taxpayers from combining income that is traditionally taxed at low rates, such as dividend or interest income, with income that is typically taxed at higher rates, such as active business income. The corporate foreign tax credit is reported on Form 1118, Foreign Tax Credit - Corporations.

What was that? The IRS itself admits that corporate income is double taxed if it is made in another country, and IL is arguing that it doesn't happen because some corporations transfer payments to foreign countries to avoid the double taxation?

This is why the fracking coward has me on ignore, he knows that I win every argument we have.

Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

The above site shows the National Debt on 1/20/2009 was $10,626,877,048,913.08.
On 7/5/2012, the National Debt was $15,876,652,312,551.29
Even a clown like you could use a $2 calculator and see the increase is just under $5.25 trillion.
Make sure you pull your head out of your ass before you use the calculator.

Looking into the past, I seem to remember somthing along the lines of a....democratic president giving a republican president a projected surplus then having said Republican president continue to rack up trillions in debt.

If you see someone claiming that Republican President didn't add $5 trillion to our debt, in 8 years, you be sure to correct him.

Ok, but at this point why bother fixating on debt so much?

I would address this to IL. but he doesn't like debating with people that routinely beat the crap out of him using logic and irrefutable factual evidence, so I will just point out to everyone else how ignorant he is.

The corporate foreign tax credit is a set of provisions designed by Congress to eliminate potential double taxation on the foreign-source income of U.S. corporations. Double taxation occurs when an item of income is taxed by both the United States, as the corporation's country of residence, as well as by the country where the income was generated. The current provisions allow U.S. businesses to credit their foreign taxes paid, accrued, or deemed paid against their U.S. income tax liability, subject to limitations that prevent taxpayers from using taxes paid in a country with a higher tax rate than the U.S. to offset their tax liability on U.S. income. Corporations are required to calculate this credit separately for different income categories to prevent taxpayers from combining income that is traditionally taxed at low rates, such as dividend or interest income, with income that is typically taxed at higher rates, such as active business income. The corporate foreign tax credit is reported on Form 1118, Foreign Tax Credit - Corporations.

What was that? The IRS itself admits that corporate income is double taxed if it is made in another country, and IL is arguing that it doesn't happen because some corporations transfer payments to foreign countries to avoid the double taxation?

This is why the fracking coward has me on ignore, he knows that I win every argument we have.

Let me quote that for you QW, glad I could help... :D

What could go wrong?

So you got Zero. Not surprising. And let's see, hmmm. Double? What is two times zero? NM. Your a mondless drone whose every thought and opinion is spoonfed to you.

Corporations hold their earnings overseas and pay no US taxes? That's a shocker.

Looking into the past, I seem to remember somthing along the lines of a....democratic president giving a republican president a projected surplus then having said Republican president continue to rack up trillions in debt.

If you see someone claiming that Republican President didn't add $5 trillion to our debt, in 8 years, you be sure to correct him.

Ok, but at this point why bother fixating on debt so much?

Why fixate on over $15 trillion in debt? Seriously?

IL isn't very bright, but he makes up for his stupidity with enthusiasm.

What could go wrong?

Corporations hold their earnings overseas and pay no US taxes? That's a shocker.

Those poor mega corporations with their endless record-breaking profits every quarter yet they can still afford to run our country and pay for misleading info, etc. and some swallow it hook and sinker. :eusa_boohoo: Get real!!:badgrin:

Forum List

Back