🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The NEWER Official Discussion Thread for the creation of Israel, the UN and the British Mandate

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The NEWER Official Discussion Thread for the creation of Israel, the UN and the British Mandate
⁜→ Sixties Fan, et al,

It has been my opinion that there various "White Papers" and "Official Letters" only serve to further garble the intent and purpose of the "Jewish National Home."

(COMMENT)

I think that the British Leadership of that era was playing a shell game of sorts (Now you see it, Now you don't!). I think it said whatever the reader thought it to mean. It is a moot point in history, fore while it was important then, no matter what it was intended to convey, the consequence is a reality today.

Most Respectfully,
R

RE: The NEWER Official Discussion Thread for the creation of Israel, the UN and the British Mandate
⁜→ Sixties Fan, et al,

It has been my opinion that there various "White Papers" and "Official Letters" only serve to further garble the intent and purpose of the "Jewish National Home."

(COMMENT)

I think that the British Leadership of that era was playing a shell game of sorts (Now you see it, Now you don't!). I think it said whatever the reader thought it to mean. It is a moot point in history, fore while it was important then, no matter what it was intended to convey, the consequence is a reality today.

Most Respectfully,
R
It seems that Britain had a slightly different interpretation than the people in Palestine.

⁜→ Sixties Fan, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
It seems that Britain had a slightly different interpretation than the people in Palestine.

Different people in Palestine had different interpretations to the fall of the Ottoman Caliphate.
The society was very divided and unstable, fractions and tribes at constant territorial conflicts.

Last edited:
⁜→ Sixties Fan, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

By “people in Palestine” I assume you mean the Arab-Moslem people. I have to believe that portion of the population wanted a position of privilege and rights not extended to the non Arab-Moslem population. That is common in Islamic majority areas and we have to remember that the immediate prior history of the area was one where dhimmitude was imposed on the minority non-Islamic population.

I found a video
1f4fd.png
of the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem Amin al-Husseini meeting with Hitler in 1941 and doing the Nazi salute.

(full article online)

Video footage shows Jerusalem Grand Mufti doing Nazi salute with Hitler

The 1948 entry is wrong. Palestinian Arabs started attacking Jews way before May 1948 - they started within hours of the partition plan vote in 1947. They killed scores of civilians before Zionist forces started defending themselves.

But the astonishing thing about this history is what is missing. Even though it is a history of the UN involvement in the issue, it doesn't mention the UN accepting Israel as a state in 1949. The 1956 war is ignored completely, as are the fedayeen attacks on Israel from its inception through 1967. The threats of Arab nations against Israel - ignored. The actual 1967 and 1973 wars are essentially ignored. The formation of Fatah and PLO and other terror groups - ignored. Black September - ignored. Palestinian airline hijackings in the 1960s and 1970s - ignored.

(full article online)

The UN's false Palestinian history (part 3) ~ Elder Of Ziyon - Israel News

Mazin Qumsiyeh speaks about Popular Resistance in Palestine

It was interesting to note that Mr. Gee-had addressed the "popular resistance graduated pay scale" offered by Hamas providing payments for injuries received at the border riots.

Mr. Gee-had appeared critical of the popular riots as nothing more than Hamas exploiting the vacant minded Arabs-Moslems.

Was that your impression, also?

Rachel Busbridge on Israel-Palestine and the Settler Colonial ‘Turn’

Recent years have witnessed the consolidation of settler colonial studies as its own field of scholarly inquiry. Centrally grounded on Patrick Wolfe’s (1999) highly influential account of settler colonialism, which leverages from the premise that in settler societies ‘invasion is a structure, not an event’, settler colonial studies conceives of settler colonialism as a ‘global and transnational phenomenon’ that is ‘as much a thing of the past as a thing of the present’ (Cavanagh and Veracini, 2013: 1). According to the framework, the key distinction between colonialism and settler colonialism is that the former is organized around a logic of exploitation while the latter is characterized by a logic of elimination. In contrast to the colonizer who seeks the labour of the colonized, the settler colonizer instead seeks their land, with the elimination of the native part and parcel of the settler’s attempt to replace them.

This turn, the article suggests, cannot be read outside of the growing internationalization of the Palestinian cause, by which I mean the slow but steady overturning of the default sympathy traditionally granted to Israel in favour of an increasing identification with the Palestinians. The burgeoning popularity of the settler colonial paradigm is both reflective of and instrumental in this shift, which has seen the Palestinian struggle gain an unprecedented legitimacy in progressive circles, especially in the West.

SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class research journals

According to the framework, the key distinction between colonialism and settler colonialism is that the former is organized around a logic of exploitation while the latter is characterized by a logic of elimination. In contrast to the colonizer who seeks the labour of the colonized, the settler colonizer instead seeks their land, with the elimination of the native part and parcel of the settler’s attempt to replace them.

Wow, Tinmore, you posted something I agree with! Sadly, you are approaching it from the wrong side.

When the world begins to accept such ridiculousness as "JC was a Palestinian", you can see just how completely the Arabs have replaced the native, indigenous Jews through settler colonialism following invasion and conquest. The Arab Palestinians erase Jewish culture and history, claim Jewish monuments and shrines, stories, patriarchs, and build a false narrative of a history that goes back thousands of years and coloring it as all "Palestinian".

Arab Palestinians have successfully settler colonized the ancient Jewish homeland. They need to recognize this as the elimination and replacement of the Jewish people. And correct their actions immediately by welcoming the Jewish people home.

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

I have to remember the key motivation directly behind the Dr Pappe's presentation: Money (Personal Income) It's all about book sales, the speaking circuit, and pleasing the audience.
Dr Ilan Pappe Speech
(COMMENT)

Every now and then, Dr Ilan Pappe throws in the term "reality." And then he goes on to create an artificial reality in which some pro-Palestinians would like to see as valid; and one in which appeals to the audience. (BTW: Dr Pappe is not the only one to do this. Dr Naom Chomsky also does this.)

Dr Pappe (as well as Dr Chomsky) tend to talk as if the situation in the Middle East just emerged and that the empires of the world can just blow a whistle, the action stops and the players return to their starting position (retrograde motion). And he also talks as if the Intelligence Community and the Ruling Elite are "blind" to the label of "Setter Colonialism." This is also a false, wishful thinking type, of an artificial construct.
Well, in three more decades, there will be no one alive that will have been a player in the events of 1948; a time in which the Intelligence Community and the Ruling Elite thought along lines (the artificial construct) in an entirely different way. And all those that truly are the original Arab Palestinian having been actually affected by the events of 1948, will be gone. Just as we, in America, have witnessed the passing of the last survivor of the Wounded Knee Massacre; we have also seen the passing of the last living witness of Japanese surrender in WWII. We are near to seeing the last of those that could legitimately claim the "right-of-return" acquired in the 1948-1949 War of Independence.

The professionals, of which Dr Pappe speaks and which have so much influence over American Policy in this matter, are acutely aware of this reality. And unspoken here is the fact that to be a citizen of Israel, is to be a constituent of the happiest, more education and technically developed population for more than a thousand miles in any direction. Israel is the most successful country of any member of the Arab League by a significant margin.

The reality question (before jumping on the bandwagon and pulling the trigger alter it) would be:

◈ Do the citizens of the world want to see another sickly Arab State state in the region?
OR!
◈ Do the citizens of the world want to positively contribute to the only no Arab - and - yet the most dynamic and vibrant country in the region, highly successful and thriving especially in terms of its economic well-being.​

Just one man's opinion...

Most Respectfully,
R

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

I have to remember the key motivation directly behind the Dr Pappe's presentation: Money (Personal Income) It's all about book sales, the speaking circuit, and pleasing the audience.
Dr Ilan Pappe Speech
(COMMENT)

Every now and then, Dr Ilan Pappe throws in the term "reality." And then he goes on to create an artificial reality in which some pro-Palestinians would like to see as valid; and one in which appeals to the audience. (BTW: Dr Pappe is not the only one to do this. Dr Naom Chomsky also does this.)

Dr Pappe (as well as Dr Chomsky) tend to talk as if the situation in the Middle East just emerged and that the empires of the world can just blow a whistle, the action stops and the players return to their starting position (retrograde motion). And he also talks as if the Intelligence Community and the Ruling Elite are "blind" to the label of "Setter Colonialism." This is also a false, wishful thinking type, of an artificial construct.
Well, in three more decades, there will be no one alive that will have been a player in the events of 1948; a time in which the Intelligence Community and the Ruling Elite thought along lines (the artificial construct) in an entirely different way. And all those that truly are the original Arab Palestinian having been actually affected by the events of 1948, will be gone. Just as we, in America, have witnessed the passing of the last survivor of the Wounded Knee Massacre; we have also seen the passing of the last living witness of Japanese surrender in WWII. We are near to seeing the last of those that could legitimately claim the "right-of-return" acquired in the 1948-1949 War of Independence.

The professionals, of which Dr Pappe speaks and which have so much influence over American Policy in this matter, are acutely aware of this reality. And unspoken here is the fact that to be a citizen of Israel, is to be a constituent of the happiest, more education and technically developed population for more than a thousand miles in any direction. Israel is the most successful country of any member of the Arab League by a significant margin.

The reality question (before jumping on the bandwagon and pulling the trigger alter it) would be:

◈ Do the citizens of the world want to see another sickly Arab State state in the region?
OR!
◈ Do the citizens of the world want to positively contribute to the only no Arab - and - yet the most dynamic and vibrant country in the region, highly successful and thriving especially in terms of its economic well-being.​

Just one man's opinion...

Most Respectfully,
R
I was just wondering what Haiti would be like with billions every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back