The NEWER Official Discussion Thread for the creation of Israel, the UN and the British Mandate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
RE: The NEWER Official Discussion Thread for the creation of Israel, the UN, and the British Mandate
SUBTOPIC: What does it all mean?
⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

"Not making any sense"​

Answer: IRRATIONAL

You are not making any sense.
(COMMENT)
I find it most interesting that you maintain this in your database of unresponsive answers.

YOU ask the question: "why they waited until 1834." (?)
An answer is given: They didn't.
YOU retort: "You are not making any sense."

As is with many of your responses, this answer makes no contribution to the discussion line. It is innuendo that something is wrong with the denial: "They didn't."

I believe it is an attempt to derail the discussion before your flaw in your logic or knowledge of the subject is revealed.

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

But they did wait until 1834.

There was a set date Arab supremacists
are allowed to expel Jews from all their holy cities?

See again, you make the case for Zionism, even admitted it was better 4 decades later.

Last edited:
But they did wait until 1834

No they did not. The wars of the Islamic gee-had tore through the Middle East and into Europe. You have never studied your Islamic history. At the start of the eighth century C.E., much of Spain had already been seized in the Islamic gee-had. Moslems today still refer to Spain as Al-Andalus, mistakenly named "the land of the Vandals," when it was actually the land of the Visigoths. You may have heard of an Islamic center proposed in New York that was within walking distance of the twin towers. It was to be called Cordoba House. Anyway, much of Spain remained under Islamic rule for the next five centuries afterward, with Islam was given the Bum's Rush coming in 1492. That year marked the expulsion of Islam.

If you look at islamist history, the pseudo-religion invented by muhammud has been destroying every civilization it encountered since the holy warriors spilled out of the Arabian Peninsula after the death of Mo

Egypt was once predominately Christian. Christianity and Judaism both had long histories in the Middle East. Both of those faiths have largely vanished from that portion of the globe due the onslaught of Islamism

This past weekend, the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra celebrated its 85th anniversary with a virtual gala describing its illustrious history. The first 40 minutes are pretty much a documentary.

It essentially shows the history of Israel through the Orchestra, with some astonishing and moving footage.

(full article online)

RE: The NEWER Official Discussion Thread for the creation of Israel, the UN, and the British Mandate
SUBTOPIC: What does it all mean?
⁜→ rylah, et al,

You have made another great contribution. It is food for thought, I am sure.
PREFACE: The Brits (England, Scotland, and Wales) are a very complicated people. Even unto themselves, there are segments that are very different hold → very different attitudes and values when it comes to the people of different races → as well as, those of the different Christian sub-components. When you look at the Commonwealth as a whole, I can see how outsiders become confused. And certainly, when it comes to understanding the Brits relative to the Israelis, like America, there is not one consensus that reflects a unified policy. One need only look at the current Administration to see how very different they are from most of mainstream America (although they tend to think of themselves as more enlightened than those outside the White House).

~Jachnun Supremacist~ נפתלי בן מתתיהו
@JachnunEmpire

Replying to
@Claire_V0ltaire
They were essentially the rulers of the mandate and actually did a lot to try and prevent the state from coming to fruition like the operation mentioned in the article. They even abstained in the UN partition vote too lol.
(COMMENT)
When I was assigned to SHAPE (Mons, Belgium), I can remember taking a continuing training opportunity in Counterterrorism, when it came to that facet of - recognizing terrorists - that they showed us the now infamous Wanted Posters famous Israeli Prime Ministers who were, at one time, considered Terrorists and War Criminals.

The Brits, on their 1948 withdrawal, knew that a conflict was going to erupt. I think that the Brits were astonished at the eventual outcome → the consequences → and the fallout of the conflict. I was given the impression that the Brits thought the Arab League Forces would make quick work of the (
would be) Israeli bid for Independence. And it appeared to me that (even into contemporary times) the Brits were quite astonished at how the results of the 1948, 1967, and 1973 engagements turned out. And I think, to some extent, the Brits still hold some of that animosity against the Israelis. And I think that even today, the average Brit considers the Israelis as fostering racism, apartheid, ethnic cleansing, and genocide → and being responsible for the development of the modern era of Arab Terrorism as we move into the 21st Century. Now I am quite sure that the Brits have a perfectly good explanation for their political position and their international interaction at each stage of the Arab - Israeli Conflict in the century since the San Remo Convention (1920).

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:
A new book by Eliezer Tauber, a former dean at Bar Ilan University and an expert on the formation of Arab nationalism, has taken on the Deir Yassin story with painstaking attention to detail unmatched by any other study. Tauber’s conclusion is obvious from the title of the book. There was no massacre, he argues, but a hard-fought battle in which Palestinian combatants stationed themselves in residences and among family. Using both Arab and Jewish testimony from combatants on both sides and survivors of the “massacre” (testimony which often offered almost identical accounts), he was able to account for the circumstances of almost every Palestinian death in the village. With a handful of exceptions which he does not seek to paper over, virtually all those killed were killed as part of fighting—either because they were combatants, or because they were situated near combatants.

Tauber also notes that the level of casualties does not suggest an intentional massacre:

Of the 1,000 residents of the village, he notes, about 70% fled (the attackers permitted that), 20% were taken prisoner and later released, and some 10% were killed in the fighting.​

That does not sound like an intentional massacre, he convincingly argues. For the most part, he says, “people in Deir Yassin were killed, not massacred.”

That distinction, of course, is critically important, particularly given the high profile role Deir Yassin continues to play in oft-made claims about Israel’s having been “born in sin.”

(full article online)

Of the 1,000 residents of the village, he notes, about 70% fled (the attackers permitted that), 20% were taken prisoner and later released, and some 10% were killed in the fighting.
So the Palestinians were fighting off the attacks by Zionist gangs.

That's good to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back