The next Republican President hasn't been born yet

Your problem is you were born in THIS country.
Yeah unfortunately for your argument I have read the Constitution and the Federalist Papers and understand the intent and purpose of the Constitution far better than you apparently do, after all you don't even to seem to recognize limits on Federal Authority as long as your party of choice is in power which indicates a fundamental misunderstanding of the central purpose for that documents creation.

If you are not happy with the system that We the People set up, you are welcome to find a better one
Ah yes, the good old "love it or leave it" retort, a favorite of authoritarians everywhere, if it's all the same to you I'll just continue to point out the immorality and selfishness of your positions from right here in the U.S. and how your sense of the "We the People" is nothing more than cover for "I want to be the one to determine what's best for everybody".

This country takes care of its people. We do not ignore people in poverty.
We do? how's that whole "war on poverty" thing been working out so far? it's funny how you pretend to "care" about the people when your rhetoric demonstrates that all you really care about is controlling other people.
Like all wars, the war on poverty is an endless battle. Did you really think it was something you win?

We have been paying for our military for two hundred years and it never ended war

The Revolutionary War is over.

The War of 1812 is over. (see peaceful Canadian border)

The Civil War is over, not that you want to admit it.

WWI is over.

WWII is over.

The Cold War is over.

The Vietnamese War is over.

This check-in from reality is provided free of charge. Please adjust your world view accordingly.

Yeah unfortunately for your argument I have read the Constitution and the Federalist Papers and understand the intent and purpose of the Constitution far better than you apparently do, after all you don't even to seem to recognize limits on Federal Authority as long as your party of choice is in power which indicates a fundamental misunderstanding of the central purpose for that documents creation.

If you are not happy with the system that We the People set up, you are welcome to find a better one
Ah yes, the good old "love it or leave it" retort, a favorite of authoritarians everywhere, if it's all the same to you I'll just continue to point out the immorality and selfishness of your positions from right here in the U.S. and how your sense of the "We the People" is nothing more than cover for "I want to be the one to determine what's best for everybody".

We do? how's that whole "war on poverty" thing been working out so far? it's funny how you pretend to "care" about the people when your rhetoric demonstrates that all you really care about is controlling other people.
Like all wars, the war on poverty is an endless battle. Did you really think it was something you win?

We have been paying for our military for two hundred years and it never ended war

false analogy

You all seem so indoctrinated in your rhetoric
Well if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is... perhaps you need to examine your own beliefs and how you express them JUST a bit more closely and recognize that my beliefs do not include believing what is best for anybody else or how everybody else's money should be spent.

Where does this, "other people's money" stuff come from? It is our money. It belongs to We the People
No, my money is MY money, I own my own person and therefore I own the fruits of the labor that my person produces this "it belongs to the We the People" nonsense is just a justification for your wishes to enslave the citizenry to government coercion.

We the People decide how it is collected, who pays what amount and how it is spent
Really? aren't I a member of "We the People"? how come I don't get to decide how the fruits of my own labor are spent ? What moral justification does "We The People" have for taking by force what I worked for to pay for things from which I derive no benefit?

We the People wrote the Constitution and empowered our government to do what is necessary for the people. That is what governments do
That would be true except for the fact that over two hundred years unscrupulous individuals in government have twisted the spirit and the meanings of our Constitution to the point where there are currently little, if any restraints on Federal Government power, look around and you'll see that the government is and has been for a long time running roughshod over the rights of the citizenry.

If you were of a mind to be honest you'd just admit that you don't really care about the citizenry and their wants and needs as long as your boys and girls in blue are in power and the other "team" is rendered completely powerless. It's why you're gleefully fantasizing about one party rule in this thread.........

He is part of the We The People and has a say in the system.

The right answer is to work to change it if he does not like it.
Very true and the majority of We the People do not object to helping people who need help

false analogy
Not at all

Not all wars are winnable. Doesn't mean you don't try

How has the war on drugs been going?

WWI is over.

WWII is over.

The Cold War is over.

This check-in from reality is provided free of charge. Please adjust your world view accordingly.

Do I detect a trend? Seems we keep getting new wars.......just like we keep getting new poor people

WWI is over.

WWII is over.

The Cold War is over.

Do I detect a trend? Seems we keep getting new wars.......just like we keep getting new poor people

No, you do not detect a trend.

Canada, the UK, Germany, Japan, wars over, problems gone.

Poverty? On and on and on, more and more money, more and more government.

Sure, we keep getting new poor people, because we refuse to address the actual problem, ie the cause.

THat's a lot different from the way we waged WWII.

WWI is over.

WWII is over.

The Cold War is over.

Sure, we keep getting new poor people, because we refuse to address the actual problem, ie the cause.

War? On and on and on, more and more money, more and more government

WWI is over.

WWII is over.

The Cold War is over.

Completely different.

We spend money on the military and we get results, safe sea routes, secure borders, defeated enemies, gone enemies.

Or at least we used to.

The War on Poverty? How many Peace Dividends have we had in that struggle?

WWI is over.

WWII is over.

The Cold War is over.

Completely different.

We spend money on the military and we get results, safe sea routes, secure borders, defeated enemies, gone enemies.

Or at least we used to.

We spend money on the poor and we get results. We don't have sick people dying in the streets, we don't have poor people begging door to door

More importantly, we provide a path out of poverty through education and jobs programs

WWI is over.

WWII is over.

The Cold War is over.

Completely different.

Or at least we used to.

We spend money on the poor and we get results. We don't have sick people dying in the streets, we don't have poor people begging door to door

More importantly, we provide a path out of poverty through education and jobs programs

How many times have we had a draw down on social workers because of so much "results"?

Completely different.

Or at least we used to.

How many times have we had a draw down on social workers because of so much "results"?

You will not be able to find any poor people who escaped poverty and did not benefit at some point from a government program or government assistance

Ask Ben Carson

Completely different.

Or at least we used to.

You will not be able to find any poor people who escaped poverty and did not benefit at some point from a government program or government assistance

Ask Ben Carson

Hey, I'm just exploring YOUR analogy here.

You made the claim the War on Poverty was like other wars, so,

for example, other wars end and the build up is drawn down.

I can't recall, in my lifetime, any serious draw down of social workers and/or bureaucrats in the War on Poverty.

BUT, maybe I just missed it.

SO, I ask.

Can you answer?

Well if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is... perhaps you need to examine your own beliefs and how you express them JUST a bit more closely and recognize that my beliefs do not include believing what is best for anybody else or how everybody else's money should be spent.

Where does this, "other people's money" stuff come from? It is our money. It belongs to We the People
No, my money is MY money, I own my own person and therefore I own the fruits of the labor that my person produces this "it belongs to the We the People" nonsense is just a justification for your wishes to enslave the citizenry to government coercion.

We the People decide how it is collected, who pays what amount and how it is spent
Really? aren't I a member of "We the People"? how come I don't get to decide how the fruits of my own labor are spent ? What moral justification does "We The People" have for taking by force what I worked for to pay for things from which I derive no benefit?

We the People wrote the Constitution and empowered our government to do what is necessary for the people. That is what governments do
That would be true except for the fact that over two hundred years unscrupulous individuals in government have twisted the spirit and the meanings of our Constitution to the point where there are currently little, if any restraints on Federal Government power, look around and you'll see that the government is and has been for a long time running roughshod over the rights of the citizenry.

If you were of a mind to be honest you'd just admit that you don't really care about the citizenry and their wants and needs as long as your boys and girls in blue are in power and the other "team" is rendered completely powerless. It's why you're gleefully fantasizing about one party rule in this thread.........

Very true and the majority of We the People do not object to helping people who need help

You need to make sure you qualify that by saying that the majority of We The People don't not object to forcibly taking citizens money to help those who supposedly need help (supposedly in that someone has determined criteria for qualifying....like people who take food stamps even though they are doing O.K. financially.......).

Just sayin'.

Screw the GOP.

What is really discouraging is that the next honest President probably won't be born for a long long time.

You need to make sure you qualify that by saying that the majority of We The People don't not object to forcibly taking citizens money to help those who supposedly need help (supposedly in that someone has determined criteria for qualifying....like people who take food stamps even though they are doing O.K. financially.......).

Just sayin'.

That is still better than forcibly taking citizens money to find supposed weapons of mass destruction

Just sayin'.

That is still better than forcibly taking citizens money to find supposed weapons of mass destruction

Won't argue that was correct. I was against it before it every happened.

But, no it isn't better......They are both wrong.

false analogy
Not at all

Not all wars are winnable. Doesn't mean you don't try

How has the war on drugs been going?

about as well as the war on poverty.

WWI is over.

WWII is over.

The Cold War is over.

Completely different.

Or at least we used to.

if its working why are there more people in poverty today than ever before?

Just sayin'.

Iraq was a mistake. But that has nothing to do with this thread.

Forum List

Back