The numbers prove it: The GOP is estranged from America

why is it the right can not comprehend that the people of color in the democratic party help design the platform?

why cant you ever see people of color as participants in democracy?

States with small populations and backward, poorly educated people.

Just throwing this out there. On average, Republicans are more educated than Democrats. Just so you know.

I am very skeptical about that assertion. Do you have empirical evidence to back that up? If this forum is anything to go by, it is definitely not true.

I looked at data from the General Social Survey (GSS).

Link to data set

Row = "DEGREE"
Column = "PARTYID"

Last edited:
"why cant you ever see people of color as participants in democracy?"

So the president, who happens to be colored, isn't participating in democracy? No wonder the guy's so clueless...

"In my decades of polling, I recall only one moment when a party had been driven as far from the center as the Republican Party has been today.

"The outsize influence of hard-line elements in the party base is doing to the GOP what supporters of Gene McCarthy and George McGovern did to the Democratic Party in the late 1960s and early 1970s — radicalizing its image and standing in the way of its revitalization."

Link to full article:

The numbers prove it: The Republican Party is estranged from America - The Washington Post

Yet if one were to survey the posts on this forum, one might conclude that ultra conservatives were mainstream, a concept many self-described conservatives who post here daily actually believe. I believe that most of the members of this board who fit this mold will eschew the link, for denial is a powerful emotion; and I and anyone who criticizes the ultra conservative dogma are immediately attacked and labeled a libtard or a RINO. Introspection is not something those on the right ever seem to utilize and that may explain the decline of the Republican brand.

They are hopelessly attached at the hip because Rove AKA- Turd Blossom KNOWS he needs "The Base"" voters if Repubs hope to remain a viable opposition party. That reminds me, we need to start a dead pool on when the Repubs will go belly-up :)

Urban vs rural.

It's quite easy to see the difference on the electoral maps. The problem lies with urban mentality.

people of color are already showing they will refuse to vote for a party that cheats them in elections

Yet, thru Amnesty for millions of illegal aliens who will vote for Democrats, the largest voter nullification in history is being done by Democrats. So if you really are against voter nullification as you claim Republicans do, show us where you've spoken out against this voter irregularity? Oh, you haven't?? It's this kind of hypocrisy by you, that makes it hard to take you seriously...

through Jerrymandering

If Dems control everything then how did Republicans do gerrymnandering on their own??

In 2010 the full blitz hate and fear distortions of "Obamacare" swept Republicans into office across the nation and the GOP had made sure that the census taken in that year required an actual count of persons, knowing that such would not be an accurate representation of our population. All of which allowed the GOP to create safe districts for Republicans who now have a small but important majority in the H. of Rep. and hold many Governorships and majorities in state legislative bodies.

Their strategy worked, but like the Democrats who swept in a Majority in the H. of Rep in 2007, the R's overreached. Hence, they are now 'enjoying' the low approval rating.

people of color are already showing they will refuse to vote for a party that cheats them in elections

Yet, thru Amnesty for millions of illegal aliens who will vote for Democrats, the largest voter nullification in history is being done by Democrats. So if you really are against voter nullification as you claim Republicans do, show us where you've spoken out against this voter irregularity? Oh, you haven't?? It's this kind of hypocrisy by you, that makes it hard to take you seriously...

Amnesty was signed into law by President Reagan.

"voter nullification"? I assume you meant to write voter suppression. Correct?

through Jerrymandering

If Dems control everything then how did Republicans do gerrymnandering on their own??

In 2010 the full blitz hate and fear distortions of "Obamacare" swept Republicans into office across the nation and the GOP had made sure that the census taken in that year required an actual count of persons, knowing that such would not be an accurate representation of our population. All of which allowed the GOP to create safe districts for Republicans who now have a small but important majority in the H. of Rep. and hold many Governorships and majorities in state legislative bodies.

Their strategy worked, but like the Democrats who swept in a Majority in the H. of Rep in 2007, the R's overreached. Hence, they are now 'enjoying' the low approval rating.

not too worry, ObamaCare is not even set up yet, after THREE friggen years... but it will hit the people right in the face soon enough..then they can decide if it was fear distortions as you like to call it

Last edited:
yeah Im sure they will be real mad that they now get some healthcare

they already had healthcare, no one in the USA was denied healthcare before obozocare. NO ONE, not even people here illegally.

Now, thanks to obozocare, those who were getting it free will be paying for it, those who have insurance will be paying more for less coverage, and the overall quality of healthcare will decline--------what a friggin great deal you let obozo ram up your ass. :confused:

yeah Im sure they will be real mad that they now get some healthcare

they already had healthcare, no one in the USA was denied healthcare before obozocare. NO ONE, not even people here illegally.

Now, thanks to obozocare, those who were getting it free will be paying for it, those who have insurance will be paying more for less coverage, and the overall quality of healthcare will decline--------what a friggin great deal you let obozo ram up your ass. :confused:

"obozocare"? :eusa_eh: This is the "grown-up" part of the forum there little fella'. Act like an adult here if you are able. :thup:

"In my decades of polling, I recall only one moment when a party had been driven as far from the center as the Republican Party has been today.

"The outsize influence of hard-line elements in the party base is doing to the GOP what supporters of Gene McCarthy and George McGovern did to the Democratic Party in the late 1960s and early 1970s — radicalizing its image and standing in the way of its revitalization."

Link to full article:

The numbers prove it: The Republican Party is estranged from America - The Washington Post

Yet if one were to survey the posts on this forum, one might conclude that ultra conservatives were mainstream, a concept many self-described conservatives who post here daily actually believe. I believe that most of the members of this board who fit this mold will eschew the link, for denial is a powerful emotion; and I and anyone who criticizes the ultra conservative dogma are immediately attacked and labeled a libtard or a RINO. Introspection is not something those on the right ever seem to utilize and that may explain the decline of the Republican brand.

Nope, the hardliner reactionaries are wackos who are being marginalized.

Continue to watch how the mainstream leadership delegitimizes the wacks in media, in central committees, and policy making.

Watch the number of hardline wacks who are primaried out next year.

Most of all, watch as no hardliner (a la Ryan or Palin) is placed on the national ticket in 2016.
Continue to observe their delegitimization by the mainstream GOP leadership

There is a direct correlation between education and the rise of Democrat voters. Americans are getting dumber and dumber and it is resulting in more and more democrat voters.

Actually it's the growing misconception that the "government" is the be all solution regarding many of the people's own individual issues. When you refuse to confront and handle your own problems, but rather find it easier to place such decisions of responsibility upon someone else's shoulders [government] - who gladly accepts the role to satisfy ITS insatiable hunger towards greater power and control over the people. Of course such power to control is dismissed and played into as "merely satisfying the needs and will of the people as a whole" - as any group or individual ... dictating real power ... would seek to use as its "justification" towards the need to strive for greater relevancy and dominance over the people. Such brushed off "explanations" of control is what led the government to justify and take on its latest additional role of Obamacare.

Last edited:
okey dokey, it did them a lot of good, unemployment for them is higher than 8%. but at least they voted for Obama

It did do them a lot of good. The GOP caused the Bush Recession and sent them (and whites too) to Iraq to get killed in a war fought in vain. Obama has corrected these GOP errors.

Turns out sending jobs to China and sons & daughters to the Middle East is an unpopular and failed policy. Conservatives only have themselves to blame.

Please explain how "the GOP caused the Bush Recession" and how "Obama has corrected these GOP errors." Thank you in advance for your brilliant elucidation.

Please refer to the 2012 Presidential election results. You're welcome.

Amnesty was signed into law by President Reagan.

"voter nullification"? I assume you meant to write voter suppression. Correct?

Yes, the GOP seeks to suppress votes by felons, illegals, and those not entitled to vote. Democrats seek to foster more of it.

Forum List

Back