🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Ocean is Way Deeper Than You Think

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Did you know that the ocean floor has undissolved gold embedded in it, but it’s not cost-effective to mine it. However, if it were equally distributed among every person on earth, everyone would receive nine pounds of gold.

1626330254380.png

Where in those videos said gold?

– The Ocean Is Full of Gold​

There is around 20 million tons of gold dispersed throughout the waters of the oceans. It is, however, incredibly diluted, with only a few parts per trillion.

The ocean floor also has undissolved gold embedded in it, but it’s not cost-effective to mine it. However, if it were equally distributed among every person on earth, everyone would receive nine pounds of gold.

Currently, there’s no cost-effective method to remove the gold from seawater and be profitable. However, that didn’t stop many eager inventors and investors both legitimate and scammers. In the 1890s pastor Ford Jernegan came up with a plan for a “Gold Accumulator” in a fever dream. The plan was to extract gold from the Long Island Sound using a process involving mercury and electricity treatments.

Did you know that the ocean floor has undissolved gold embedded in it, but it’s not cost-effective to mine it. However, if it were equally distributed among every person on earth, everyone would receive nine pounds of gold.

View attachment 512954

I think it is incredible that the highest point on earth (Mt Everest) is almost exactly the same distance from sea level that the lowest point on earth (Marianas Trench) is. I can't think of any naturally deterministic reason that should be. One can easily imagine an earth with way more water or way less. But just the right amount to fill it up half way? weird.

I think it is incredible that the highest point on earth (Mt Everest) is almost exactly the same distance from sea level that the lowest point on earth (Marianas Trench) is. I can't think of any naturally deterministic reason that should be. One can easily imagine an earth with way more water or way less. But just the right amount to fill it up half way? weird.
"Dry land ith not a myth...I've theen it !!"
(Cable Guy doing Waterworld)

View attachment 512954

I once calculated the pressure at the bottom of the Marianas Trench and it came out to the equivalent, if I remember correctly, of having 7 Ford F-150s stacked on each square inch of your body. If you could be suddenly transported to the bottom of the Marianas Trench, you'd instantly be the size of a BB.

View attachment 512954

I once calculated the pressure at the bottom of the Marianas Trench and it came out to the equivalent, if I remember correctly, of having 7 Ford F-150s stacked on each square inch of your body. If you could be suddenly transported to the bottom of the Marianas Trench, you'd instantly be the size of a BB.

Speaking of deep places...........Mponeng gold mine in South Africa is something like 3.5 kilometers deep....( over 2 miles ....) the temperature can reach 150 degrees F and it takes over an hour to get to the bottom.

They shut it down when an earthquake killed three workers last year I believe.

View attachment 512954

Every surface has a high point and a low point.

View attachment 512954

Every surface has a high point and a low point.

Sure, but by what process would it require necessarily the exact right amount of water to fill it up halfway instead of, say, 2/3 or 3125/8157?

View attachment 512954

Speaking of deep places...........Mponeng gold mine in South Africa is something like 3.5 kilometers deep....( over 2 miles ....) the temperature can reach 150 degrees F and it takes over an hour to get to the bottom.

They shut it down when an earthquake killed three workers last year I believe.

So, the temperature, as you descend, first cools, then heats up? I never considered that before.

Forum List

Back