The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stalking is never charged when there's someone arrested for murder. Stalking is something that would be charged by itself when there's no killing.

I'll admit that saying he was stalking is a little bit of a stretch, but since no one has come up with a better word to describe it, I use it. He was ALMOST stalking, so close to it as to be indecipherable. Well you get the idea.

Seriously? That's your argument. You aren't familiar with the criminal justice system are you?

Police charge you with every crime you could have possibly committed. That way there is more leverage for negotiations and if that fails, there is more of a chance the jury could find them guilty of something.

If you're talking about a list, yea, they'll include jaywalking too. I was talking about the main indictment, and of course, a murder charge can later be bargained down to only stalking if they ultimately can't prove the murder. I doubt anyone is convicted of just murder AND stalking. When you're convicted of murder, why would they bother with including a stalking conviction?

Stalking is never charged when there's someone arrested for murder. Stalking is something that would be charged by itself when there's no killing.

I'll admit that saying he was stalking is a little bit of a stretch, but since no one has come up with a better word to describe it, I use it. He was ALMOST stalking, so close to it as to be indecipherable. Well you get the idea.

Seriously? That's your argument. You aren't familiar with the criminal justice system are you?

Police charge you with every crime you could have possibly committed. That way there is more leverage for negotiations and if that fails, there is more of a chance the jury could find them guilty of something.

If you're talking about a list, yea, they'll include jaywalking too. I was talking about the main indictment, and of course, a murder charge can later be bargained down to only stalking if they ultimately can't prove the murder. I doubt anyone is convicted of just murder AND stalking. When you're convicted of murder, why would they bother with including a stalking conviction?

Wouldnt be much point with murder, but they would still charge it. And if the jury found him guilty of both they would just run the sentences concurrent instead of consecutive.

And no better word? Seriously? you expect me to believe that you aren't using Stalking to try to pretend that Zimmerman was doing something wrong?

Here's a better word: FOLLOWING. I have a seriously difficult time believing that you were unaware of this much better word to describe it.

"Following" is a good word for it too but IMHO it's not better than "stalking."

A jury charge for lesser included offenses is not unusual, she could allow them to consider manslaughter but also varying degrees of assault. She also will instruct that these charges can only be considered if the jury fails to believe the claim of self defense.

Since when do Judges set charges? That is the job of the Prosecution.

The lesser charges where not there at the beginning of the trial. If they had been it may have changed the way the Defense Lawyer handled the case.

It seems very wrong to me that a Prosecutor can add charges at the end of the trial, expecting to a conviction on them when those charges were never defended against during the trial itself.

The fact that the state charged Zimmerman only with Second Degree murder does not mean that he cannot be found guilty of a lesser included offense. Here is a link which explains it all:

Zimmerman and Lesser Included Offenses - Jennifer Ellis, JD

Last edited:
Judge Debra Nelson is a trial lawyer. She used to be well respected until she presided over this farce. She gleefully ignores pertinent case law, badgers the defendant, denies perfectly good evidence from admission and has been downright belligerent with Don West. For pete's sake, she must have forgotten to study the Judicial Code of Ethics of Florida...

As with any lesser charge, there needs to be proof or evidence to back that up. You need to delve into the aspect of culpable negligence to determine if you can charge Zimmerman with manslaughter. Turns out you can't. Leave the man alone, his life is already turned upside down, and people looking for blood are wanting to put him away for some scurrilous reason. For which there is no evidence to support.

She needs to tell them to go fuck themselves. Literally. These assclowns overcharge like an OCD patient.

Some top rated comments on yt:

What this judge is doing is "JURY TAMPERING" hoping that Zimmerman or his attorneys would get emotional (or at the very least look like there were hiding something).

It's telling me, more than ever, that Zimmerman is not guilty and will walk.

If there was ever a time for a judge to go before a review board this is it.

Since when does a judge have the right to antagonize someone who has clearly invoked their 5th Amendment right as guaranteed by the Constitution? That judge needs to be removed immediately.

I am an attorney and I must say I am disgusted by this exchange: it is unethical to attempt to compel an answer from a defendant apart from their attorney. Mr. West was exactly correct to repeatedly object, and this "judge" has no business sitting in on a traffic court proceeding, let alone a murder case. She is totally ignorant of the law, and judicial ethics.

"Wouldn't you agree" is a figure of speech or some kind of hypothetical question. I don't know the exact grammatical term for it.

You could ask, "Wouldn't you agree the world is flat." That doesn't mean the person asking the question believes it's flat or wants to convince people of that. I'm going to start charging now for grammar lessons. LMAO

"Wouldn't you agree?" is stating that you wish the person you are addressing would accept your point of view. If you say "wouldn't you agree that George Zimmerman is a sociopath?" then you are stating that YOU believe George Zimmerman is a sociopath and that you want whoever you're addressing to agree with your view.

The person that has a problem with comprehension here is you, Sparky...

It could be construed that way, but primarily in the text I used it, the question is a hypothetical. That's the problem with foreigners. They often can't pick up the gist of English.

Foreigners? My family has been here in America long before it became the United States of America. You just keep on making one stupid statement after another. I can already tell that you're going to become one of my favorite posters here, Quick! You have that rare combination of ignorance and arrogance that makes it so much fun to abuse.

"A person who intentionally and repeatedly follows or harasses another person and who makes a credible threat, either expressed or implied, with the intent to place that person in reasonable fear of death or serious bodily harm is guilty of the crime of stalking. A person may be charged with aggravated stalking if they commit the crime of stalking while subject to a temporary restraining order, injunction against trespass, or similar order."
Stalking Law & Legal Definition

Ah, they wouldn't "bother" with a stalking charge because what took place that night in Sanford had NOTHING to do with the crime of stalking...something you'd know if you actually knew something about the law.

I'm curious, Quick...what IS your area of "expertise"? I've yet to see something you weren't incredibly ignorant about.

It really doesn't matter what happens, if found guilty, he goes to prison.
If he is found NOT guilty, then released to the Heavily Armed general public ............. well, I'll let you formulate your own thoughts as to what will happen from this point.
If I was Zimmerman ................. I would plead GUILTY for my own safety.

Interesting................apparently a lot of you posters have never had a bloody nose.

Yeah....................it can go down your throat, but when it does, you cough and sneeze trying to keep the blood from going down in your lungs. Sorry, but the body is wired to do that very thing.

And.....................when you sneeze, or cough, or figure out somewhere else for the blood to go, it's generally not in the closed part of the body.

Me personally? I think that Zimmerman followed TM, and was confronted by him (BTW................FL law says it doesn't matter who wins, it matters who starts the fight) and TM punched him in the nose for hassling him (that is................after GZ threw the first punch as stated by the girl he'd called when this happened), and GZ was pissed about having his ass kicked (remember, he scored low in the self defense class) and pulled the gun and shot TM.

GZ needs to go to jail. For at least 5 years.

That is just as silly as arguing that people who are being attacked have to run away instead of defending themselves.

wtf? That is why the law was written, so people being attacked aren't obligated to run away. Having an overweight fucker with a gun following you is a valid reason to be proactive.

Stand your ground means you are allowed to use deadly force without running away, it does not mean you can start a fight because you think the guy is mean. Feel free to prove me wrong by citing the exact portion of the Florida law that backs you up.

However, a person is justified in the use of deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat if:

(1) He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony;

wtf? That is why the law was written, so people being attacked aren't obligated to run away. Having an overweight fucker with a gun following you is a valid reason to be proactive.

Stand your ground means you are allowed to use deadly force without running away, it does not mean you can start a fight because you think the guy is mean. Feel free to prove me wrong by citing the exact portion of the Florida law that backs you up.

However, a person is justified in the use of deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat if:

(1) He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony;

Seems like a stretch to me, but for the sake of argument let's just say you have a valid point here. Does this mean that without the SYG laws in place you'd be arguing for a verdict of not guilty?

Interesting................apparently a lot of you posters have never had a bloody nose.

Yeah....................it can go down your throat, but when it does, you cough and sneeze trying to keep the blood from going down in your lungs. Sorry, but the body is wired to do that very thing.

And.....................when you sneeze, or cough, or figure out somewhere else for the blood to go, it's generally not in the closed part of the body.

Me personally? I think that Zimmerman followed TM, and was confronted by him (BTW................FL law says it doesn't matter who wins, it matters who starts the fight) and TM punched him in the nose for hassling him (that is................after GZ threw the first punch as stated by the girl he'd called when this happened), and GZ was pissed about having his ass kicked (remember, he scored low in the self defense class) and pulled the gun and shot TM.

GZ needs to go to jail. For at least 5 years.

Horse shit.

Not all busted noses bleed profusely. Variables include the individual's own physiology.

Secondly, as for the almost inevitable bleeding, it can come out the fron or go back toward the throat. The reaction does NOT have to include sneezing or vomiting or even coughing. It can be as minimal as swallowing, and if the bleeding is not profuse, then there's simply NOT a lot of that either.

Zimmemran DID follow TM. But it looks from the EVIDENCE that TM attacked GZ and that TM was winning in a bad way.

GZ's claim of justification is supported by the evidence. The resulting REASONABLE DOUBT means that GZ SHOULD be acquitted.

There is no jail or prison for folks who are acquitted. Go figure.

It is of course POSSIBLE that the jury might come to a different conclusion. One can never predict with any reasonable degree of confidence what any jury will do. But if they convict GZ, it will be a miscarriage of justice.

He should walk.

Someone--I don't know who--remarked that he had an unusually interesting and accomplished group of friends.

I haven't thought much about his appearance--under such circumstances anyone who can sit stoically through hours and hours of the legal process gets a pass from me.

'They' thought the woman called as a final witness was a good choice and it clarified to me that he has a genuine interest in his community. That is how I would respond to her testimony.
Far too emotional myself to serve on this jury and perhaps on any jury.

Why he couldn't have hit TM over the head with the gun--but I don't know. Self defense.

Having never engaged in a physical altercation it is difficult to judge what thoughts or feelings might be involved. Adrenaline---but that is the jury's job to decide.

When a man says, 'I'm cooking my.................' (stew, roast, steak, spaghetti, whatever) I know I am going to have to take an anti emetic to be able to keep it down.
pukingsmiley.gif

The only man cooking I can tolerate is that of the ones who have been to culinary school.

You haven't eaten here, Sunshine.

That's what all you guys say. My experience is men like their food a lot more pungent than I can handle. Too much garlic, onions, hot sauce, etc..

Seasoning = good

To a point..

Judge Debra Nelson is a trial lawyer. She used to be well respected until she presided over this farce. She gleefully ignores pertinent case law, badgers the defendant, denies perfectly good evidence from admission and has been downright belligerent with Don West. For pete's sake, she must have forgotten to study the Judicial Code of Ethics of Florida...

As with any lesser charge, there needs to be proof or evidence to back that up. You need to delve into the aspect of culpable negligence to determine if you can charge Zimmerman with manslaughter. Turns out you can't. Leave the man alone, his life is already turned upside down, and people looking for blood are wanting to put him away for some scurrilous reason. For which there is no evidence to support.

YOu mean OTHER than that dead child he blew a hole into?

Fact of the matter is, juries consider "lesser but included charges" all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back