The Olympics and the Uyghurs: Who sacrificed the most?

If that makes you happy, run with it. Using your logic every athlete there is endorsing a regime that actively commits genocide. But then again you probably think that also.
By definition, you are. That is a hard fact. A hard fact that your flippancy in this thread shows you are actively pretending is not the case with willful blindness.

The very least you can do is actually be honest with yourself gator.

There's more nuance to it than that, Gator.

And yes, my logic does say that. They are purposefully (or blissfully) ignorant of the suffering that China is inflicting on a religious minority. Nobody is educating them (or they are choosing not to educate themselves) about how wrong this is and how their participation lends a genocidal regime credence. Dreams and ambitions over morals and ethics. I don't play that game. I never will. If you don't know what's going on and are aware of an opportunity to educate yourself on it, and you choose not to take that opportunity, you are just guilty of placing your dreams and ambitions above morality and ethics.

No, I don't think highly of that. The athletes don't put themselves in the Uyghur's shoes. If they were fully aware of the situation, they wouldn't dare step foot in China.

Also, don't get me started on the token Uyghur during the torch lighting ceremony.
However, you are throwing the first stone here and you live in a glass house. You are also supporting China if you purchase goods from China and I seriously doubt that you are not purchasing products made in China.

What gives you the moral high ground to be upset about the athletes and those supporting them when you do the same, if that is the case and I default to the position it is, in other aspects of your life?

Or do you claim that you do not purchase anything made in China?

That is quite possible for many, and is getting easier every day, which is why the vermin are so active rattling sabers and making threats now; soon enough no one will care at all what they do. India and other countries are replacing them in many fields, and a lot of manufacturing is returning home. Their shakedowns are getting too expensive for the criminals who do business with such a scumbag regime, and America's tax base has been gutted to the point where there aren't enough dumbasses to bleed to pay for the bigger and bigger corporate welfare programs that made out-sourcing such a profitable scam any more; soon there will be a few million more desparate illegal alien slaves here willing to work for slave wages and more than willing to kill the locals to get food and work for the Party.

Last edited:
By definition, you are. That is a hard fact. A hard fact that your flippancy in this thread shows you are actively pretending is not the case with willful blindness.

The very least you can do is actually be honest with yourself gator.

Do tell, by what definition of me watching the Olympics am I endorsing anything?

Here is the definition of "endorse". Lay out for me how me watching Ski Jumping says that I support or approve of the Chinese government.

1644234098348.png

Actually, they have plenty of say in where they compete.

Nope, they either compete where the events are or they do not compete. Those are the only two options. They have no say in where the events are

Maybe so, but not knowing they are achieving their "dreams" at the expense of 1 million dead, sterilized, and enslaved Uyghurs.

There is no connection between them achieving their dreams and what is happening to the Uyghurs

However, you are throwing the first stone here and you live in a glass house. You are also supporting China if you purchase goods from China and I seriously doubt that you are not purchasing products made in China.
How can I not when our government and almost every major US corporation have continually outsourced the manufacture of these products to China? The athletes have a choice in when or if and largely where they compete (at least here in the US and other democracies). Let me state that plainly. I don't necessarily have a choice in where the things I buy are made. Some foods and clothing perhaps, but most of the tech I have in my home have parts sourced from places like Taiwan, China or Malaysia, but are assembled here state-side.

But that isn't truly "made in America" anymore, is it? Only when you source the materials, manufacture the parts, and employ the labor directly from the US, can such a claim can be made, no?

What gives you the moral high ground to be upset about the athletes and those supporting them when you do the same, if that is the case and I default to the position it is, in other aspects of your life?

Whoo boy. That's quite an assumption you make of me.

I don't. Pure and simple. The Olympics consist of athletes I hardly ever hear of outside of the American sports world. And if I do, they are athletes from sports I don't care for. Like skiing or skateboarding. The athletes I do support rarely if ever, compete in the Olympics, People like football and baseball players, mainly.

Didn't understand the second half of your question, though.

See the first response.

But then again, the comparison is flawed. Deeply. The reason? Choice. Our athletes can make one. Due to the economic lapses of my government, there is a 50/50 chance I will buy a product made in China or elsewhere abroad. American companies are American in name only now, outsorcing the manufacture of their products to other countries.

Last edited:
How can I not when our government and almost every major US corporation have continually outsourced the manufacture of these products to China? The athletes have a choice in where they compete (at least here in the US and other democracies). Let me state that plainly. I don't necessarily have a choice in where the things I buy are made. Some foods and clothing perhaps, but most of the tech I have in my home have parts sourced from places like Taiwan, China or Malaysia, but are assembled here state-side

Who forced you to have the tech in your home? Were you compelled to have that tech in your home or did you choose to?

But then again, the comparison is flawed. Deeply. The reason? Choice. Our athletes can make one. Due to the economic lapses of my government, there is a 50/50 chance I will buy a product made in China or elsewhere abroad. American companies are American in name only now, outsorcing the manufacture of their products to other countries.

Yes the key word is choice. You choose to buy things made in China because you want to have those things and there is no where else to get them. How is that different than the athletes competing in China because that is the only place holding the Olympics this year

Your choice is no different than theirs.

But if your dreams and ambitions require you to discard your morals, then what kind of dreams and ambitions are they?

This from the guy that discarded his morals just so he could log onto the internet and tell everyone how immoral they are!

Who forced you to have the tech in your home? Were you compelled to have that tech in your home or did you choose to?

Nobody. That is my point. The athletes have the same choice in when, where, or if they compete.

Nice try on that, though.

You choose to buy things made in China because you want to have those things and there is no where else to get them.

Yeah, whereas the athletes have a choice. How many times must I say this?

Looks like ratings are down almost 50 percent so far.

Yeah, they are not doing well at all. I have been doing my part though. I am watching the Luge right now.

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact most Americans do not really relate well with the winter sports they have shown so far. Most people will not watch cross country skiing or the Biathlon

Forum List

Back