The Personally Discovered Joys of Being Unemployed

Then why do Republicans want to raise the retirement age to 70? Assholes!
They all do? You forgot to back up your shit. Asshole!
The leading Conservatarians want to entirely eliminate Social Security anyway, making a retirement age largely irrelevant.
But then he wants to pretend they don't want to raise the retirement age. So intellectually dishonest.
Never said that either. Go smoke another bowl of dog shit, criminal.
Hey that's my product you are talking about! I take great pride in the shit I sell and smoke.
Obviously.

Wrong. The money would have done much better in the market. I never heard anyone call for shutting it down, they want an option to do one or the other.

Lol, so the 'fact' that you h ave never met anyone that called for an end to Social Security means that they dont exist? lol

You are not very well informed but highly opinionated.

Yeah, that is a rare thing around here, but again, that would just be YOUR opinion, too, wouldnt it?

I suspect that plays a role in your employment problems.

Lol, so my age and coming off of 2 years of disability has less to do with my unemployment than me being opinionated? How are people supposed to pick up on my opinions on a resume? But my resume does have my age and my past 2 years of disability on it.

You dont seem to do this 'analysis' thingy very well at all, do you?
"Dear Mr. Potential Employer. I'm unemployed and broke for the last couple of years because I "slipped" a couple of disks". (Anyone with a fucking brain knows it's impossible to "slip" a disk. Maybe the person reading the resume knows this).
I'm in my mid fifties. I used to be pretty good using computers. If you give me a job I'll be pissed off everyday because I had to take a big step down from telling everyone who would listen I was in 'IT'. So when I come to work you can be pretty sure I won't be 'happy-in-my-work'. And I'll do my best to make your other employees come to feel the same as I do.
I won't say it to your face but I'm whisper to your other employees about how you're just an rich 'exploiter of poor people. Now how about snapping it up and telling me when I can start at the chip fryer?".

You've completely misunderstood the entire conversation. We're talking about IT jobs specifically and the need to keep one's skill set up to date.

That is hilarious; I started this thread with thoughts about my unemployment and how I have had to adjust to it, then ideologues like you went batshit crazy over my off the cuff comment that it was largely due to GOP policies regarding Open Borders and importing H1-B's to flood the IT market.

Now you are complaining that someone else is not following the conversation that you hijacked, lol.

We've discovered some people complaining about jobs are still working in 1980's technology and unwilling to take a pay cut.

Oracle is current IT technology, no one has said that they were unwilling to take a pay cut, and you have proven with your comments about main frames and the mathematical requirements of IT programming that you are a poseur and a liar.

I guess there's a certain amount of luck with keeping a job. But I suppose keeping up to date on technology, having the willingness to take cuts when needed and being open to relocating helps make your own luck.

Lol, I wish I could see you when you hit 60, loser.

:rofl:

But in the meant time, older Americans should have priority over corporate profits and ideological dumbasses like yourself.

And I have found my personal crusade to take me into the last years of my life; illuminating the underside of Libertarian evil.
Is anyone going to give you money to do it or are you going to continue to suck off the 'Maker's' teat until you die?

I feel you Jim, I really do. Your anger is misplaced however.
You are 58, I am 51. That means we are both old enough to remember "pre-corporatized" America.
Before the corporations took over.
For the past 30 years or so, our country has slowly turned from a Representative Republic to a Plutocratic Corporatocracy. PERIOD. All carefully planned to be slow enough so that the population is conditioned to believe that what is - is normal. But we know better than that. Don't we?
For us, driving down main street we remember that lined up along the sides were almost 100% local-privately owned businesses. Get off the main roads and what did we see? We saw many small local manufacturers and raw material suppliers. Occasionally there were the large, but still privately owned, factories. Some employing 100's...some even a 1000 or more.
Driving further out of town we would be greeted by family farms. Many-many family farms. Most of them multi-generational. They are almost all gone now. The small manufacturers are nearly 100% gone. The large factories were all consumed and merged, and re-merged, and even re-merged again by corporations.
Every merger was done to shake of the "excess fat" - otherwise known as employees.

Who did this to us? It wasn't Republicans friend. It was Democrats...AND...Republicans.
Our state and federal governments are wholly corrupt. Corporations and special interest have completely replaced OUR representation with THEIR interests. Legislation and regulations are not written to protect us, they are written to progress the corporate takeover and to fantastically reduce private ownership.
This is why we see the wealth concentration where it is today, and has DRAMATICALLY WORSENED under a DEMOCRAT President. Obama is a corporatist. And so is Hillary. In fact I challenge ANYONE to give a name of any elected politician that is more of a corporatist than Hillary.
The parties no longer matter. They are the same.
They aren't exactly the same but otherwise great post.

It matters who appoints the supreme Court Justice and who controls the Senate, right?

And my grandmother said to me in 1976, "they're all corrupt but at least the Democrats give a dog a bone". So in 40 years not much has changed, other than citizens united. Things are worse than ever
Yeah, third veneration welfare recipient. As I suspected.
That is so funny because my father came here from Greece and now his son, my brother, is a VP of a fortune 500 company. And I aint doing too shabby either. And fuck you bitch. If a company lays me off I have every right to collect unemployment. Have you ever collected unemployment? Lucky you. But what I have seen is people like you say one thing but the minute they find themselves in the situation they swore they'd never be in, the first thing they do is go file for unemployment and if they are lucky enough to know someone who they can work for under the table while they collect unemployment and look for a job, good for them! Fuck uncle sam, the IRS and you bitch. You know you'd do it too. And if you don't know now you know.

Bitch Republican gets laid off all of the sudden they understand they and/or their employer paid into unemployment benefits and so you DESERVE them.

P.S. I had hundreds of thousands of dollars in savings when I collected unemployment. Should having money disqualify from getting my fucking benefits? Fuck you stupid bitch. LOL
I have reported this post to the IRS.

Then why do Republicans want to raise the retirement age to 70? Assholes!
The leading Conservatarians want to entirely eliminate Social Security anyway, making a retirement age largely irrelevant.
But then he wants to pretend they don't want to raise the retirement age. So intellectually dishonest.
Hey that's my product you are talking about! I take great pride in the shit I sell and smoke.
I have reported this post to LE.
If you think you are somehow immune from being investigated by the IRS and LE because you believe you are somehow 'anonymous' here you are delusional.
Admit to committing a crime on an internet forum is no different than walking into a LEA and saying it nowadays.
Hope you like the daily cat food sandwiches asshole!

Last edited:
Your post is funny and I was going to enthusiastically cheer you until you blamed free trade and Republicans for your jobless state. McDonald's is always hiring, get your lazy ass to work.
There has also been signs for months at Valero gas station, Dollar Tree ,Family Dollar Store, Target,Golden Pride, Payless and KFC to apply online

Your post is funny and I was going to enthusiastically cheer you until you blamed free trade and Republicans for your jobless state. McDonald's is always hiring, get your lazy ass to work.
There has also been signs for months at Valero gas station, Dollar Tree ,Family Dollar Store, Target,Golden Pride, Payless and KFC to apply online
Th asshole doesn't know how to fill out an online application.

So the glories of Free Trade for 58 year old American software engineers like me get to look forward to is working at McDonalds?

If that is the best you Republicans can do, then the Republican party needs to die. We dont have room for such a lame ass party in a duopoly like we have here in the USA. Bye. So long. Enjoy the Ash heap of history.

And yes, Free Trade is the culprit as software development companies are indeed hiring people, 50% foreign workers (H1-Bs) and the rest mostly new kids out of college after they have been looking for a job for TWO FULL YEARS on average.

This is the kind of tone-deaf stupidity that the GOP is engaging in with Free Trade. What is the purpose of Free Trade if it is not to help the whole country, every one of us, to achieve the American dream? We should have FAIR Trade, not Free Trade if this is the GOPs idea of what Free Trade is, and I know now that it is.

All it seems to be doing is fattening the wallets of corporate CEOs and giving folks fortunate enough to still have a job cheap shit from China.
You should take responsibility for your own life instead of blaming political parties and policy. YOU made the decision to enter a line of work where (1) anybody can learn it and (2) your skills can, and frequently do, become obsolete overnight. These two factors combine to create the undeniable reality of software engineering: The value of the services you offer have been WAY over-inflated for years. The industry is now adjusting to this reality, as they should, and is rectifying the problem.

YOUR problem is that you idiotically did not foresee this (many did and they published this inevitability) and you have apparently failed to get appropriate training and education in order to transition into another sector.

Dude, your current situation is on YOU. Your future is on you too. Get off your ass and do something about it if you are unhappy rather than sitting there expecting to vote yourself into prosperity. The opportunities are there. Failing to take advantage of all of the opportunities makes you a douche bag.
Hah! Accounting and Law are robotic for the most part and are under constant attack.
Physicians are being replaced left and right.
Read the Dream Act concerning Business Visas and educate yourself.

You are 58, I am 51. That means we are both old enough to remember "pre-corporatized" America.
For the past 30 years or so, our country has slowly turned from a Representative Republic to a Plutocratic Corporatocracy. PERIOD. All carefully planned to be slow enough so that the population is conditioned to believe that what is - is normal. But we know better than that. Don't we?
For us, driving down main street we remember that lined up along the sides were almost 100% local-privately owned businesses. Get off the main roads and what did we see? We saw many small local manufacturers and raw material suppliers. Occasionally there were the large, but still privately owned, factories. Some employing 100's...some even a 1000 or more.
Driving further out of town we would be greeted by family farms. Many-many family farms. Most of them multi-generational. They are almost all gone now. The small manufacturers are nearly 100% gone. The large factories were all consumed and merged, and re-merged, and even re-merged again by corporations.
Every merger was done to shake of the "excess fat" - otherwise known as employees.

Who did this to us? It wasn't Republicans friend. It was Democrats...AND...Republicans.
Our state and federal governments are wholly corrupt. Corporations and special interest have completely replaced OUR representation with THEIR interests. Legislation and regulations are not written to protect us, they are written to progress the corporate takeover and to fantastically reduce private ownership.
This is why we see the wealth concentration where it is today, and has DRAMATICALLY WORSENED under a DEMOCRAT President. Obama is a corporatist. And so is Hillary. In fact I challenge ANYONE to give a name of any elected politician that is more of a corporatist than Hillary.

It matters who appoints the supreme Court Justice and who controls the Senate, right?

And my grandmother said to me in 1976, "they're all corrupt but at least the Democrats give a dog a bone". So in 40 years not much has changed, other than citizens united. Things are worse than ever
That is so funny because my father came here from Greece and now his son, my brother, is a VP of a fortune 500 company. And I aint doing too shabby either. And fuck you bitch. If a company lays me off I have every right to collect unemployment. Have you ever collected unemployment? Lucky you. But what I have seen is people like you say one thing but the minute they find themselves in the situation they swore they'd never be in, the first thing they do is go file for unemployment and if they are lucky enough to know someone who they can work for under the table while they collect unemployment and look for a job, good for them! Fuck uncle sam, the IRS and you bitch. You know you'd do it too. And if you don't know now you know.

Bitch Republican gets laid off all of the sudden they understand they and/or their employer paid into unemployment benefits and so you DESERVE them.

P.S. I had hundreds of thousands of dollars in savings when I collected unemployment. Should having money disqualify from getting my fucking benefits? Fuck you stupid bitch. LOL

If you think you are somehow immune from being investigated by the IRS and LE because you believe you are somehow 'anonymous' here you are delusional.
Admit to committing a crime on an internet forum is no different than walking into a LEA and saying it nowadays.
Oh come on I'm just kidding here on a internet message board. None of this stands up in a court of law. I was kidding! LOL

Oh come on I'm just kidding here on a internet message board. None of this stands up in a court of law. I was kidding! LOL

Too late punk. I have C&Ped every one of your posts claiming you have committed felony crimes.
Tell the fucking IRS and LE you were only "kidding' after they 'interview' you and check out your financial history.
It must suck to be a fucking criminal too fucking stupid to keep your mouth shut.
Even that or you are a lying piece of shit right? Whatever you are the IRA and LE will soon know.
With all those tens of thousands of illegal dollars you have hidden I advise you get yourself a really good lawyer.
If you think "none of this stands up in court" you haven't been following the news.
What you post on an internet forum is legally no different than if you'd written a letter of confession to the IRA/DEA/LE. None!
Ask your lawyer.
Oh and BTW the courts have ruled that FBI/CIA/DHS/DEA and LEAs can legally compel any internet service provider to hand over all information about anyone which these agencies deem to have been/are or going to commit a criminal act/s.
One phone call to a special list of judges and the search warrants are in the hands of these agencies within minutes sent by FAX and/or the internet.
You just fucked yourself asshole!
Like Bye!

Last edited:

Just like most of the Ideologues here talk big. Face to face I eat them for lunch.

Too late punk. I have C&Ped every one of your posts claiming you have committed felony crimes.
Tell the fucking IRS and LE you were only "kidding' after they 'interview' you and check out your financial history.
It must suckto be a fucking crimminal too fucking stupid to keep your mouth shut.
Even that or you are a lying piece of shit right? Whatever you are the IRA and LE will soon know.
With all those tens of thousands of illegal dollars you have hidden I advise you get yourself a really good lawyer.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Classic. Boob is one of the nastiest, creepiest trolls I've ever seen. Makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

It must suck to be a fucking criminal too fucking stupid to keep your mouth shut.
If you think "none of this stands up in court" you haven't been following the news.
What you post on an internet forum is legally no different than if you'd written a letter of confession to the IRA/DEA/LE. None!
Ask your lawyer.
Oh and BTW the courts have ruled that FBI/CIA/DHS/DEA and LEAs can legally compel any internet service provider to hand over all information about anyone which these agencies deem to have been/are or going to commit a criminal act/s.
One phone call to a special list of judges and the search warrants are in the hands of these agencies within minutes sent by FAX and/or the internet.
Like Bye!
All my stories are about people I know. I'm just an honest everyday guy who just likes to talk a lot of shit on the internet and will even make up stories to prove my point. We all know I'm fos, right?

Ask your lawyer.
Like Bye!
I once killed a homeless man in 1969.

Just like most of the Ideologues here talk big. Face to face I eat them for lunch.
And they are so gullible. But notice they don't believe anything that comes from a left wing source and suddenly they believe everything I say? I'm a drug dealer just like usmb Republicans are successful and happy

Hey IRS, this guy sells $20 bags to his friends. Lol

Tell me genius, how many jobs in finance require advances math skills?

Finance, or accounting?

All jobs in finance require advanced math skills. What good is a financial analyst who can't conduct a regression analysis to predict the performance of the market or a stock?

I worked in brokeeage for 10 years...nada.
You think everyone is writing video or audio drivers?

With all due respect, my condolences to the clients of that brokerage firm.

Forum List

Back