The Personally Discovered Joys of Being Unemployed

I'm not, I'm suggesting he isn't a computer programmer because all programmers have basic math skills, which he seems to lack. For instance, if we take an example case of saying that in 1975 there were 100 computer science graduates, and that in each following year the number of CS grads increased by a linear factor of 1.2 (so 1976 would have 120 CS grads or 100*1.2, and so on). Then do you know how many grads from 1975-1989 we would have in 2016 (as a percentage of total graduates) if we continue this linear progression? The answer is 0.681%...and it would be really easy to argue that there should be an exponential progression rather than a linear one. This idiot that lacks the skills to write up a basic program performing a simple function like this using 7th grade math is in no way shape or form possibly in the computer science field. He's just finding articles that agrees with his world view and trying to cry on an online forum.
There are more computer programmers than ever; they're simply 99.9999% Indian Business Visas.
I live in a large, wealthy area...no one wants to pay a non-H1-B wage.
You literally ignored the fact that I've pointed out, with math, that having a low amount of 50+ year olds in the tech field is not unreasonable if you actually take a look at it...something that this "programmer" has been so inept in doing himself that he is actually arguing against me. Whether or not people want foreign programmers doesn't matter when the guy we are talking about isn't even a programmer. Everybody could have built something in like 5-15 min to tell him the same thing I had to show, but this guy lacks the coding and mathematical knowledge to perform such a task. This pretty much proves he cannot be a software engineer and is lying to us.

You should be arguing that low wage, low skill jobs, like the one this guy probably has (again, he cannot even perform basic math) are in danger in America due to the large numbers of low skill immigrants, likely rising minimal wages, and increasing automation. I'd agree wholeheartedly with you there (at least in the short run, like next 3-5 years).
Why are there so few programmers?
Because most were canned between 2000-2004 and told their children the facts.
If the Automation factor were real we wouldn't have CEOs howling for at least 160,000 H1-Bs a year.
Once again, CEOs are using the no-skills argument to replace PHYSICIANS!
What a joke.
Are you also inept at doing math? I literally stepped through a sample problem showing that even if you assume ALL programmers kept their jobs, as long as we see CS grad increase from year to year (a reasonable assumption, and I used linear rather than probably a more realistic exponential progression, which would only make his point, and your MORE untenable), then low levels of higher age individuals (like 50+ year olds) is the EXPECTATION due to how SIMPLE MATHEMATICS work.

Why you keep bringing up doctors (which I don't have much knowledge on and doesn't matter as this guy is in a field I have worked in, tech, and is lying to our faces about it) is irrelevant when talking about tech and this guy trying to cry to us about supposed "age discrimination." Even if you do want to relate the fields, you haven't even brought up age which was this guy's counter point to me addressing that he probably simply lacks the skills to stay in the market...something he has repeatedly showed us to the point where I now believe he was never even in the tech industry.
Anyone who can't or will not be bothered to use spell check to get his spelling correct never wrote code for a living. That I can guarantee.
This guy is a bullshit poser who with every post proves it.
I started writing Basic then moved to Fortran. That's how long ago I was briefly employed in the industry.
To whom are you referring?

I'm not, I'm suggesting he isn't a computer programmer because all programmers have basic math skills, which he seems to lack. For instance, if we take an example case of saying that in 1975 there were 100 computer science graduates, and that in each following year the number of CS grads increased by a linear factor of 1.2 (so 1976 would have 120 CS grads or 100*1.2, and so on). Then do you know how many grads from 1975-1989 we would have in 2016 (as a percentage of total graduates) if we continue this linear progression? The answer is 0.681%...and it would be really easy to argue that there should be an exponential progression rather than a linear one. This idiot that lacks the skills to write up a basic program performing a simple function like this using 7th grade math is in no way shape or form possibly in the computer science field. He's just finding articles that agrees with his world view and trying to cry on an online forum.
There are more computer programmers than ever; they're simply 99.9999% Indian Business Visas.
You literally ignored the fact that I've pointed out, with math, that having a low amount of 50+ year olds in the tech field is not unreasonable if you actually take a look at it...something that this "programmer" has been so inept in doing himself that he is actually arguing against me. Whether or not people want foreign programmers doesn't matter when the guy we are talking about isn't even a programmer. Everybody could have built something in like 5-15 min to tell him the same thing I had to show, but this guy lacks the coding and mathematical knowledge to perform such a task. This pretty much proves he cannot be a software engineer and is lying to us.

You should be arguing that low wage, low skill jobs, like the one this guy probably has (again, he cannot even perform basic math) are in danger in America due to the large numbers of low skill immigrants, likely rising minimal wages, and increasing automation. I'd agree wholeheartedly with you there (at least in the short run, like next 3-5 years).
If the Automation factor were real we wouldn't have CEOs howling for at least 160,000 H1-Bs a year.
What a joke.
Are you also inept at doing math? I literally stepped through a sample problem showing that even if you assume ALL programmers kept their jobs, as long as we see CS grad increase from year to year (a reasonable assumption, and I used linear rather than probably a more realistic exponential progression, which would only make his point, and your MORE untenable), then low levels of higher age individuals (like 50+ year olds) is the EXPECTATION due to how SIMPLE MATHEMATICS work.

Why you keep bringing up doctors (which I don't have much knowledge on and doesn't matter as this guy is in a field I have worked in, tech, and is lying to our faces about it) is irrelevant when talking about tech and this guy trying to cry to us about supposed "age discrimination." Even if you do want to relate the fields, you haven't even brought up age which was this guy's counter point to me addressing that he probably simply lacks the skills to stay in the market...something he has repeatedly showed us to the point where I now believe he was never even in the tech industry.
Programmers from 22-50+ were replaced en-masse during the GW years.
Age is irrelevant.
It is virtually impossible for a non-Business Visa to become a programmer since 2004.
Age is not irrelevant as it is much more difficult for older programmers to get hired, especially if they have ever claimed disability.

So God Willing I will have a business to eeek some money from instead.

and so it goes.....

What a joke.

Anyone who can't or will not be bothered to use spell check to get his spelling correct never wrote code for a living. That I can guarantee.
I started writing Basic then moved to Fortran. That's how long ago I was briefly employed in the industry.
To whom are you referring?
the gerbil up his ass.

whatever happened to jimbowie

did he find a job then
Lol, I am starting my own business, so yes, I got a job in a new start up and it will be a while before I get my first paycheck.

I hired ME, lol.
I hope YOU can teach YOU how to use spell check.
I have had the same experience as Jim; any comments?
His colon is blocking his hearing, Independent.

whatever happened to jimbowie

did he find a job then
Lol, I am starting my own business, so yes, I got a job in a new start up and it will be a while before I get my first paycheck.

I hired ME, lol.
I hope YOU can teach YOU how to use spell check.
I have had the same experience as Jim; any comments?
His colon is blocking his hearing, Independent.
I know his type...arrogant ass prays to himself.

What a joke.

There is probably a reason why I'm not in the tech field anymore.

Syntax errors are a bitch. I'm not sitting around and claiming that I should be in the tech industry either though.

Never said that either. Go smoke another bowl of dog shit, criminal.
Hey that's my product you are talking about! I take great pride in the shit I sell and smoke.
I have reported this post to LE.
If you think you are somehow immune from being investigated by the IRS and LE because you believe you are somehow 'anonymous' here you are delusional.
Admit to committing a crime on an internet forum is no different than walking into a LEA and saying it nowadays.
Hope you like the daily cat food sandwiches asshole!
Oh come on I'm just kidding here on a internet message board. None of this stands up in a court of law. I was kidding! LOL

Too late punk. I have C&Ped every one of your posts claiming you have committed felony crimes.
Tell the fucking IRS and LE you were only "kidding' after they 'interview' you and check out your financial history.
It must suck to be a fucking criminal too fucking stupid to keep your mouth shut.
Even that or you are a lying piece of shit right? Whatever you are the IRA and LE will soon know.
With all those tens of thousands of illegal dollars you have hidden I advise you get yourself a really good lawyer.
If you think "none of this stands up in court" you haven't been following the news.
What you post on an internet forum is legally no different than if you'd written a letter of confession to the IRA/DEA/LE. None!
Ask your lawyer.
Oh and BTW the courts have ruled that FBI/CIA/DHS/DEA and LEAs can legally compel any internet service provider to hand over all information about anyone which these agencies deem to have been/are or going to commit a criminal act/s.
One phone call to a special list of judges and the search warrants are in the hands of these agencies within minutes sent by FAX and/or the internet.
You just fucked yourself asshole!
Like Bye!
All my stories are about people I know. I'm just an honest everyday guy who just likes to talk a lot of shit on the internet and will even make up stories to prove my point. We all know I'm fos, right?

Yeah, making shit up is about all you do.

But then he wants to pretend they don't want to raise the retirement age. So intellectually dishonest.
Hey that's my product you are talking about! I take great pride in the shit I sell and smoke.
If you think you are somehow immune from being investigated by the IRS and LE because you believe you are somehow 'anonymous' here you are delusional.
Admit to committing a crime on an internet forum is no different than walking into a LEA and saying it nowadays.
Oh come on I'm just kidding here on a internet message board. None of this stands up in a court of law. I was kidding! LOL

Too late punk. I have C&Ped every one of your posts claiming you have committed felony crimes.
Tell the fucking IRS and LE you were only "kidding' after they 'interview' you and check out your financial history.
It must suck to be a fucking criminal too fucking stupid to keep your mouth shut.
Even that or you are a lying piece of shit right? Whatever you are the IRA and LE will soon know.
With all those tens of thousands of illegal dollars you have hidden I advise you get yourself a really good lawyer.
If you think "none of this stands up in court" you haven't been following the news.
What you post on an internet forum is legally no different than if you'd written a letter of confession to the IRA/DEA/LE. None!
Ask your lawyer.
Oh and BTW the courts have ruled that FBI/CIA/DHS/DEA and LEAs can legally compel any internet service provider to hand over all information about anyone which these agencies deem to have been/are or going to commit a criminal act/s.
One phone call to a special list of judges and the search warrants are in the hands of these agencies within minutes sent by FAX and/or the internet.
Like Bye!
Biggest bullshit post I've seen in a while.

Even if you were stupid enough to actually do this and believe something would be done let me clue you in here buddy. Nothing will...the amount of money it would cost to subpoena this website, attain OP's IP address, find who he is, search for financial records, bring him to court, etc. would cost FAR more then whatever sort of paltry amount of sums he may owe the government. Get real man.

None ofthem are positive, but only the kind of joys like the joy of discovering that your spare tire is as flat as your new flat on a cold rainy night on the interstate.

I have had the joy of learning how irrelevant I am. Apparently our society does not need 58 year old software engineers with 20+ years of experience if the corrporations can have 23 year old 'geniuses' right out of Hyderabad for half the pay.

I have had the joy of discovering that my cat is losing his little kitty cat mind.

I have had the joy of learning that my conservative friends think I am being lazy because I cannot magically force software companies to hire me.

I have had the joy of learning that 'cabin fever' is not just a movie plot device.

But there are some real good things so far.

My wife and I have learned what is really needed as we slashed our budget of every item and expense we can do without. This is how consumer economies are destroyed.

We have also learned that we could consolidate much of our debt and reduce our monthly bills.

I have learned how to tell myself 'no', to everything from stopping on the way home to grab a bite at a local restaurant after chasing down items on a Honey-Do list to getting that new computer that is so fast. Again, not good for the economy, but it can no longer be helped.

I have also seen a glimpse of our 'jobless economy' in the not too distant future, and it sucks. Royally sucks. I have not been so angry in all my life and let me tell you Republicans something you can take to the bank; the voter rage that is coming if your party continues to push Free Trade idiocy is going to be like a Tsunami.

Sanders is only the ocean receding, not the real wave, trust me on this.
Welcome to the club. I'm in almost the exact same predicament. I am a hardware engineer with over 30 years experience. I was forced into early retirement last summer. I've been finding the same roadblocks to getting another job. Why hire a 59 year old engineer when you can get some H1-B guy or a recent college grad for a lot less money? I've about given up on finding anything permanent and just looking at contractor work. Anyway, hang in there. What other choice do we have?

Ask your lawyer.
Like Bye!

Even if you were stupid enough to actually do this and believe something would be done let me clue you in here buddy. Nothing will...the amount of money it would cost to subpoena this website, attain OP's IP address, find who he is, search for financial records, bring him to court, etc. would cost FAR more then whatever sort of paltry amount of sums he may owe the government. Get real man.
Notice how the little punk immediately started running backwards as fast as he could?
He told everyone here he was a fucking lying piece of shit.
He posted that everyone here knew he was.
Posterboy for all you LIB pussys. Run your mouths spewing nonsense and lies then claim you all were "just kidding" when someone calls you out.
LIB>Losers> Fucking pathetic.
YOU asshole have no idea what the little creep may or may not owe the government or any felonies he may or may not have committed. So why do you use the word "paltry"? Because you like to put your tongue up assholes like his.
I was in LE for decades pal. The 'cost' of doing a quick check on the little creep is the same as a fucking meal at Wendy's.
There are dozens of entire office floors across the country with thousands of people sitting in cubicles, just like at 'call-centers', who do nothing but carry out initial screenings of reported threats and possible felony crimes reported originating from internet sites. There are dozens of 'apps' which 'red-flag' specific words and phrases posted on the internet which are then being checked out by these screeners.
We have experts that once a warrant has been issued, which takes five minutes to get from a judge, who can then legally go into an ISP and find out the name and address of the creep in five minutes. The same warrant allows LE to search tax records for that individual which in 99.999% of the cases shows the name of the bank. Another call to a bank employee whose job it is to liaison with LE and the individual's bank records are sitting on a computer screen at the relevant government agency..
Now we are up to 10 minutes.
This is happening hundreds of times a day all over the country.
Some fucking little creep posts a threat or admits to a felony crime and someone reports the post to LE/DLS/DEA/CIA/FBI someone in those agencies is going to be looking into it.
Either the little LIB creep is nothing but what he admitted he was, a fucking LIB loser liar, poser or he's put himself in a shitload of trouble.
Either way he's a pathetic little creep.
Remember. If you see something say something.
The little creep could be using the tens of thousands of dollars he claims he has hidden from the IRA to help fund a cell of muslim terrorists living in Dearborn.

Ask your lawyer.
Like Bye!

Notice how the little punk immediately started running backwards as fast as he could?
Posterboy for all you LIB pussys. Run your mouths spewing nonsense and lies then claim you all were "just kidding" when someone calls you out.
YOU asshole have no idea what the little creep may or may not owe the government or any felonies he may or may not have committed. So why do you use the word "paltry"? Because you like to put your tongue up assholes like his.
I was in LE for decades pal. The 'cost' of doing a quick check on the little creep is the same as a fucking meal at Wendy's.
There are dozens of entire office floors across the country with thousands of people sitting in cubicles, just like at 'call-centers', who do nothing but carry out initial screenings of reported threats and possible felony crimes reported originating from internet sites. There are dozens of 'apps' which 'red-flag' specific words and phrases posted on the internet which are then being checked out by these screeners.
We have experts that once a warrant has been issued, which takes five minutes to get from a judge, who can then legally go into an ISP and find out the name and address of the creep in five minutes. The same warrant allows LE to search tax records for that individual which in 99.999% of the cases shows the name of the bank. Another call to a bank employee whose job it is to liaison with LE and the individual's bank records are sitting on a computer screen at the relevant government agency..
Some fucking little creep posts a threat or admits to a felony crime and someone reports the post to LE/DLS/DEA/CIA/FBI someone in those agencies is going to be looking into it.
Either the little LIB creep is nothing but what he admitted he was, a fucking LIB loser liar, poser or he's put himself in a shitload of trouble.
The little creep could be using the tens of thousands of dollars he claims he has hidden from the IRA to help fund a cell of muslim terrorists living in Dearborn.
Before I read the rest of your rant of course I said I was a liar. I was lying though when I said that. Or am I lying now? Lol

None ofthem are positive, but only the kind of joys like the joy of discovering that your spare tire is as flat as your new flat on a cold rainy night on the interstate.

I have had the joy of learning how irrelevant I am. Apparently our society does not need 58 year old software engineers with 20+ years of experience if the corrporations can have 23 year old 'geniuses' right out of Hyderabad for half the pay.

I have had the joy of discovering that my cat is losing his little kitty cat mind.

I have had the joy of learning that my conservative friends think I am being lazy because I cannot magically force software companies to hire me.

I have had the joy of learning that 'cabin fever' is not just a movie plot device.

But there are some real good things so far.

My wife and I have learned what is really needed as we slashed our budget of every item and expense we can do without. This is how consumer economies are destroyed.

We have also learned that we could consolidate much of our debt and reduce our monthly bills.

I have learned how to tell myself 'no', to everything from stopping on the way home to grab a bite at a local restaurant after chasing down items on a Honey-Do list to getting that new computer that is so fast. Again, not good for the economy, but it can no longer be helped.

I have also seen a glimpse of our 'jobless economy' in the not too distant future, and it sucks. Royally sucks. I have not been so angry in all my life and let me tell you Republicans something you can take to the bank; the voter rage that is coming if your party continues to push Free Trade idiocy is going to be like a Tsunami.

Sanders is only the ocean receding, not the real wave, trust me on this.

Our problems multiply when we age and the 50's is the worse........to young to retire, to old to get hired. Its ten times as worse if your a woman, because our age shows big time. Back in the day when experience got you a jump at the head of the hiring line, today, it disqualifies you.... I like that you unlike most of the nuts here, placed blame where blame belongs....at the heels of the conservative party. It their ideology, their love of low wages, huge tax breaks for those that sell this country and its future to the lowest bidders over seas, who use the illegal scare to get votes, but do nothing with a majority in both houses to enforce our immigration laws and their worship of anything that isn't cloaked in helping the average joe get ahead in this country.

All the while enjoying thier anti government perks.....good luck with unemployment....like you, I do know the joys

Ask your lawyer.
Like Bye!

If a drug dealer is smart he'd pay all his bills with his real paycheck. Then when he goes out to have fun spend cash. He may run into trouble if he's piling up cash he doesn't know what to do with though. To you it would look like he just doesn't spend any money on going out to eat or movies or clothes or Tim Horton's coffees or birthday gifts or anything unnecessary.

Ask your lawyer.
Like Bye!

And by the way I'm talking about my legal caregiver. I have a medical marijuana card I'm only assuming he doesn't pay taxes on all that money he's making. He may be for all I know. I doubt this would hold up in court.

I'm just some guy, or gal, talking shit on the internet. I'm the liberal Leona helmsley

Ask your lawyer.
Like Bye!

Before I read the rest of your rant of course I said I was a liar. I was lying though when I said that. Or am I lying now? Lol
You're a liar either way. But you have long stated your chosen illegal profession and didn't change your tune until Danny said he reported you so common sense comes into play. Only one way to find out though....

Ask your lawyer.
Like Bye!

If a drug dealer is smart he'd pay all his bills with his real paycheck. Then when he goes out to have fun spend cash. He may run into trouble if he's piling up cash he doesn't know what to do with though. To you it would look like he just doesn't spend any money on going out to eat or movies or clothes or Tim Horton's coffees or birthday gifts or anything unnecessary.
You've given it some thought.

Ask your lawyer.
Like Bye!

You're a liar either way. But you have long stated your chosen illegal profession and didn't change your tune until Danny said he reported you so common sense comes into play. Only one way to find out though....
Im waiting. Oh, thanks for making me a better criminal.

Ask your lawyer.
Like Bye!

You've given it some thought.
I fantasize about being scarface

Forum List

Back