The Pope calls for end of death penalty

While admittedly I am not that big on worrying, whether it is about heaven or this planet, I do work towards both as both are meritorious, not to mention rewarding endeavors in the here and now--not just in the future. It does not have to be one or the other. Most of us aren't among those who can't walk and chew gum at the same time. ;)
But that's the problem with Christianity. They don't worry about the planet because the bible says nothing about global warming. They think they know how/when/why the end will come. It has been prophesied. So do you now see how Religion can be bad? Many Christians run around polluting and denying global warming because they are ignorant. Religion helps keep them that way.

Watch a US senator cite the Bible to prove that humans aren't causing global warming

The current global warming is a manmade problem. Manmade problems need manmade solutions. To do nothing in case of global warming is not compatible with the christian faith, it is a sin. In general says the bible that we are the crown of gods creation. That's not a fantasy nor a prophecy or anything like this - that's a fact. The human race is the king of gods creation. To be the kings means to be responsible in the eyes of the Lord. It's our job to take care for all and every life on planet Earth. Life is the center of the christian religion.

We are only the kings of this 1 tiny little planet.

Without the gigantic universe all around us we could not exist. It's nearly endless but not really endless and everywhere at every time are the same laws. Wer are able to understand this laws because they are within us too. But if we like to change something in this universe in a greater distance then we will need unbelievable high powers. And as far as I can see we would only destroy ourselve with this powers as long as all human beings are not ready to accept their responsibilities in the eyes of the Lord.

We are the crown of gods creation and that's a fact?

Exactly: That's a fact! What means specially: We are responsible in the eyes of the Lord. And I warn everyone specially you now: I will not go to my father in the end of time and will tell him: "Sorry god, we killed what you created". I will send you to do so if we really make it this way.

Have you been to any other solar systems in the universe?

And now you show senseless agressions in a communication with another member of your own species. The reason why you do so is a defect of your psychological structure made by a lack or a wrong from of education, what seems to tell you, that you are a better kind of human being in your darwinstic way of life, if you win in a communication your own lonelyliness.

Oh, and for billions of years trilobites and dinosaurs were the crown jewel of god's creation. What happened to them? Did they eat a apple from the tree of life?

It's by the way interesting in this context that our form to be mammalians was a result of the existance of the dinos. And it's also interesting to watch a dino becoming a bird within only some millions of years of change. And if you like to know something about the special role of human beings then try to speak for example about the Plejads or for example the mathematical function "y=ln(x)" with any other lifeform on our planet.

You said we are able to understand the universe because it is within us.

I said something else - but in this formalism of your thoughts I would say "we are the universe".
Is that true for a frog?
A frog is the universe too. If a frog takes a look at you then he will not eat you because you are not a fly and jump in the water. If you look at a frog then you are able to praise god for the wonderful creation all around you - including this frog.
Because the same stuff is inside that frog. Also consider that there may be other life-forms out there in the universe that are smarter than we are.
Interesting form of belief - but I don' know how to find the solution of a calculation of a nearly endless number of places in the universe, where life could be, with the unbelieveable high vulnerablity of life. I know the formula "nearly endless" times "nearly not possible" gives a result of 1 or greater than 1, because life exists on planet Earth. But what is it for the whole universe? 2? On the other side: Only because we are able to think about something it becomes not reality.

Just like we look at a frog they look at us. If that's possible or if that's true then how does that make us the Crown Jewel of the universe?

Discuss with a frog about why we are using the transcendent number "e" then you know what you are not able to discuss with a frog. But ask a frog something about the weather or the beauties of life and maybe the frog gives you an answer. And in case you lose a golden globe in a fountain there are also some possibilities why it makes sense to have a good relation to frogs, princess.

But that's the problem with Christianity. They don't worry about the planet because the bible says nothing about global warming. They think they know how/when/why the end will come. It has been prophesied. So do you now see how Religion can be bad? Many Christians run around polluting and denying global warming because they are ignorant. Religion helps keep them that way.

Watch a US senator cite the Bible to prove that humans aren't causing global warming

The current global warming is a manmade problem. Manmade problems need manmade solutions. To do nothing in case of global warming is not compatible with the christian faith, it is a sin. In general says the bible that we are the crown of gods creation. That's not a fantasy nor a prophecy or anything like this - that's a fact. The human race is the king of gods creation. To be the kings means to be responsible in the eyes of the Lord. It's our job to take care for all and every life on planet Earth. Life is the center of the christian religion.

Without the gigantic universe all around us we could not exist. It's nearly endless but not really endless and everywhere at every time are the same laws. Wer are able to understand this laws because they are within us too. But if we like to change something in this universe in a greater distance then we will need unbelievable high powers. And as far as I can see we would only destroy ourselve with this powers as long as all human beings are not ready to accept their responsibilities in the eyes of the Lord.

Exactly: That's a fact! What means specially: We are responsible in the eyes of the Lord. And I warn everyone specially you now: I will not go to my father in the end of time and will tell him: "Sorry god, we killed what you created". I will send you to do so if we really make it this way.

And now you show senseless agressions in a communication with another member of your own species. The reason why you do so is a defect of your psychological structure made by a lack or a wrong from of education, what seems to tell you, that you are a better kind of human being in your darwinstic way of life, if you win in a communication your own lonelyliness.

Oh, and for billions of years trilobites and dinosaurs were the crown jewel of god's creation. What happened to them? Did they eat a apple from the tree of life?

It's by the way interesting in this context that our form to be mammalians was a result of the existance of the dinos. And it's also interesting to watch a dino becoming a bird within only some millions of years of change. And if you like to know something about the special role of human beings then try to speak for example about the Plejads or for example the mathematical function "y=ln(x)" with any other lifeform on our planet.

I said something else - but in this formalism of your thoughts I would say "we are the universe".
Is that true for a frog?
A frog is the universe too. If a frog takes a look at you then he will not eat you because you are not a fly and jump in the water. If you look at a frog then you are able to praise god for the wonderful creation all around you - including this frog.
Because the same stuff is inside that frog. Also consider that there may be other life-forms out there in the universe that are smarter than we are.
Interesting form of belief - but I don' know how to find the solution of a calculation of a nearly endless number of places in the universe, where life could be, with the unbelieveable high vulnerablity of life. I know the formula "nearly endless" times "nearly not possible" gives a result of 1 or greater than 1, because life exists on planet Earth. But what is it for the whole universe? 2? On the other side: Only because we are able to think about something it becomes not reality.

Just like we look at a frog they look at us. If that's possible or if that's true then how does that make us the Crown Jewel of the universe?

Discuss with a frog about why we are using the transcendent number "e" then you know what you are not able to discuss with a frog. But ask a frog something about the weather or the beauties of life and maybe the frog gives you an answer. And in case you lose a golden globe in a fountain there are also some possibilities why it makes sense to have a good relation to frogs, princess.

Watch this and understand just how common life is in the universe and how similar you are to a monkey. Only 1% separates us

Is that true for a frog?

Watch this and understand just how common life is in the universe and how similar you are to a monkey. Only 1% separates us

I do not understand why this man started to speak in such a dramatic way about banalities of natural sciences and became more and more an agressive idiot by doing so. What about if you would leave the prison of your thoughts and learn to start to communicate with other human beings and not only always with the crazy ideas of strange ideologists in your brain? Science is not an ideology nor a lifestyle.

"Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are a part of the mystery that we are trying to solve." Max Planck

Songtext: "Ruhe - das höchste Glück auf Erden - kommt sehr oft nur durch Einsamkeit in das Herz."

Last edited:

Is that true for a frog?

I do not understand why this man started to speak in such a dramatic way about banalities of natural sciences and became more and more an agressive idiot by doing so. What about if you would leave the prison of your thoughts and learn to start to communicate with other human beings and not onyl always with the crazy ideas of strange ideologists in your brain about people who don't share their strange form of an ideology I would call "pseudoscience"?

"Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are a part of the mystery that we are trying to solve." Max Planck

It is frustrating that humans are so primitive and superstitious and illogical and don't realize that they/you are talking out of your asses. Just remember, god doesn't even qualify as a theory. God is a hypothesis. Well, he was before Moses claimed to have talked to him. Ever since then people have talked about god like he is a fact, which he isn't. He isn't even a theory. At least not a scientific one. So keep talking crazy.

Being an atheist is like being the only sober person in the car – and no one will let you drive.

Is that true for a frog?

I do not understand why this man started to speak in such a dramatic way about banalities of natural sciences and became more and more an agressive idiot by doing so. What about if you would leave the prison of your thoughts and learn to start to communicate with other human beings and not only always with the crazy ideas of strange ideologists in your brain about people who don't share the same strange form of your ideology "pseudoscience"?

We may not ever know why we got here but we are finding out how we got here. There may be things we will never know. No need to say god did those things. Why are we here? Who knows. Could be god but so far that just seems like a hypothesis our ancient primitive uneducated ancestors came up with.

Some atheists try to hide their deep existential fear behind a facade of nihilistic indifference, but their insecurity is only thus made all the more obvious. It's sad, really.

Some atheists try to hide their deep existential fear behind a facade of nihilistic indifference, but their insecurity is only thus made all the more obvious. It's sad, really.
“I would love to believe that when I die I will live again, that some thinking, feeling, remembering part of me will continue. But much as I want to believe that, and despite the ancient and worldwide cultural traditions that assert an afterlife, I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful thinking. The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there’s little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides.” – Carl Sagan

Is that true for a frog?

I do not understand why this man started to speak in such a dramatic way about banalities of natural sciences and became more and more an agressive idiot by doing so. What about if you would leave the prison of your thoughts and learn to start to communicate with other human beings and not onyl always with the crazy ideas of strange ideologists in your brain about people who don't share their strange form of an ideology I would call "pseudoscience"?

It is frustrating that humans are so primitive and superstitious and illogical and don't realize that they/you are talking out of your asses.

If you think so, human being.

Just remember, god doesn't even qualify as a theory. God is a hypothesis.

The existance of god is an unsolvable hypothesis in context with the philosophy "agnostiscism" - but the not-existance of god is an unsolvable hypothesis in context with the philosophy agnosticism too. You decided to be an atheist and to be intolerant against all other forms of belief - that's all.

Well, he was before Moses claimed to have talked to him. Ever since then people have talked about god like he is a fact, which he isn't.

I'm always astonsihed about the very strong belief of atheists. On the other side is their belief often a little unconscious - comparable maybe with sleepwalkers.

He isn't even a theory. At least not a scientific one.

Exactly: God is not a theory of natural science. He's he. I'm by the way also not a theory of natural science. I'm I: A child of god.

So keep talking crazy.

Do you like to say people, who believe in god are crazy, if they speak about god - but people like you who don't believe in god are not crazy if they call everyone crazy who speaks about god?

Being an atheist is like being the only sober person in the car – and no one will let you drive.

What about to drive with the own bike?

Last edited:

Is that true for a frog?

I do not understand why this man started to speak in such a dramatic way about banalities of natural sciences and became more and more an agressive idiot by doing so. What about if you would leave the prison of your thoughts and learn to start to communicate with other human beings and not only always with the crazy ideas of strange ideologists in your brain about people who don't share the same strange form of your ideology "pseudoscience"?

We may not ever know why we got here but we are finding out how we got here.

Some people are asking such questions - others not.

There may be things we will never know.

But god knows.

No need to say god did those things. Why are we here?

Here? Where? I'm for example in Germany. You are not here. But something what you are speaks with me here in the english language. Strange. A wonder?

Who knows. Could be god but so far that just seems like a hypothesis our ancient primitive uneducated ancestors came up with.

As far as I know my ancestors were never ancient primitive uneducated people.

Adsuesce etiam iis, quae fieri posse desperas. Mark Aurel

Last edited:
“I would love to believe that when I die I will live again, that some thinking, feeling, remembering part of me will continue. But much as I want to believe that, and despite the ancient and worldwide cultural traditions that assert an afterlife, I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful thinking. The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there’s little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides.” – Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan says about a world where Auschwitz-Birkenau was possible: "The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth ..." ???

Last edited:
Is that true for a frog?

It is frustrating that humans are so primitive and superstitious and illogical and don't realize that they/you are talking out of your asses.

The existance of god is an unsolvable hypothesis in context with the philosophy "agnostiscism" - but the not-existance of god is an unsolvable hypothesis in context with the philosophy agnosticism too. You decided to be an atheist and to be intolerant against all other forms of belief - that's all.

Well, he was before Moses claimed to have talked to him. Ever since then people have talked about god like he is a fact, which he isn't.

I'm always astonsihed about the very strong belief of atheists. On the other side is their belief often a little unconscious - comparable maybe with sleepwalkers.

Exactly: God is not a theory of natural science. He's he. I'm by the way also not a theory of natural science. I'm I: A child of god.

So keep talking crazy.

Do you like to say people, who believe in god are crazy, if they speak about god - but people like you who don't believe in god are not crazy if they call everyone crazy who speaks about god?

I'm a child of my parents

Is that true for a frog?

But god knows.

Here? Where? I'm for example in Germany. You are not here. But something what you are speaks with me here in the english language. Strange. A wonder?

Who knows. Could be god but so far that just seems like a hypothesis our ancient primitive uneducated ancestors came up with.

Your ancestors were primitive and uneducated too.

God knows? First you have to convince me he exists before telling me he knows.

Carl Sagan says about a world where Auschwitz-Birkenau was possible: "The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth ..." ???

The videos only help make you seem crazier

Pope calls for worldwide abolition of death penalty

There is no evidence that it acts as a deterrent, so its application is purely revenge/punishment.

Is he right or misguided ?

He's just afraid they will put so many of his pedophile priests to death that the church will go up in smoke......strictly a personal interest.
That doesnt make sense. If they have been given a death sentence they are already in jail and outside the operations of the church.

So keep talking crazy.

I'm a child of my parents

no comment

But god knows.

Your ancestors were primitive and uneducated too.

If you think so.

God knows? First you have to convince me he exists before telling me he knows.

We are living in a free world. Your decision - not my decision - not to believe in god.

Last edited:

The videos only help make you seem crazier

It's to short. I know. But sometimes I would wish more people had payed more attention to this word of my grandpa David in Psalm 139 - specially before the Nazis came.

-----
To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David. O Lord, you have searched me and known me You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, you know it altogether.You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot attain it. Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there! If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me. If I say, "Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light about me be night," even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is bright as the day, for darkness is as light with you. For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! If I would count them, they are more than the sand. I awake, and I am still with you. Oh that you would slay the wicked, O God! O men of blood, depart from me! They speak against you with malicious intent; your enemies take your name in vain. Do I not hate those who hate you, O Lord? And do I not loathe those who rise up against you? I hate them with complete hatred; I count them my enemies. Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!
-----

-----

Forum List

Back