The Pope calls for end of death penalty

You show with this sentence only that you don't read the bible and you don't have any idea about the christian religion and traditions. Fortunatelly god is not a dead thing to claim - god is alive. So I will ask the Holy Spirit to enlighten your heart to find the beauties and happinesses of lifes. May god never bring anyone in the force to have to kill you as you like to kill others.

You nit-wit,

A lack of spirit is not my problem nor a problem of the world.

God is the one who said "a life for a life;" I didn't write the Bible, j*ckass.

If you don't understand what you are speaking about - why do you try it, if you don't like to learn?

No. Some guys 1500 years ago wrote that God spake. You didn't write the bible? Who did?

If you have a question in context with god then you may ask me. I will give you the best of all possible answers I'm able to give to you. Same did my ancestors in all times of history since human beings are existing. I don't know what you are doing if you speak with others - but it seems to me it has not a lot to do with communication, understanding and philosophy. Why for heavens sake is misusing an Antichristrian like you the bible by trying to fight for death penalty? That's as crazy as death penalty on its own is crazy.

Who cares what you and your ancestors say?

I. And I say it is impossible for every Christian in the world to be a friend of death penalty because Jesus Christ was a victim of detah penalty.

Jesus committed suicide. Being the direct son of god and all the miracles that he performed, he could have saved himself but chose not to = suicide.

You nit-wit,

If you don't understand what you are speaking about - why do you try it, if you don't like to learn?

No. Some guys 1500 years ago wrote that God spake. You didn't write the bible? Who did?

If you have a question in context with god then you may ask me. I will give you the best of all possible answers I'm able to give to you. Same did my ancestors in all times of history since human beings are existing. I don't know what you are doing if you speak with others - but it seems to me it has not a lot to do with communication, understanding and philosophy. Why for heavens sake is misusing an Antichristrian like you the bible by trying to fight for death penalty? That's as crazy as death penalty on its own is crazy.

I. And I say it is impossible for every Christian in the world to be a friend of death penalty because Jesus Christ was a victim of detah penalty.

Jesus committed suicide. Being the direct son of god and all the miracles that he performed, he could have saved himself but chose not to = suicide.

And he knew it was coming. He asked for it. He could have shut his mouth in front of those Jewish priests but instead he blasphemered them right in public.

God sent Jesus knowing full well what was going to happen. It would have been great if no one killed Jesus and he just lived and died like the rest of us and didn't become a martyr.

Then what would Christians be following right now? We weren't going to become jews.

OMG think of all the wars and arguments and divisions that have happened since the invention of christianity. The gentiles didn't have a religion and I'm sure big business men like priests saw an untapped market.

You nit-wit,

I. And I say it is impossible for every Christian in the world to be a friend of death penalty, because Jesus Christ himselve personally was once a victim of death penalty. Specially I agree with Pope Francis that it is essential for Catholics to fight against death penalty. I'm convinced death penalty is not compatible with the catholic faith nor with the will of god.

And he knew it was coming. He asked for it. He could have shut his mouth in front of those Jewish priests but instead he blasphemered them right in public.

God sent Jesus knowing full well what was going to happen. It would have been great if no one killed Jesus and he just lived and died like the rest of us and didn't become a martyr.

Then what would Christians be following right now? We weren't going to become jews.

OMG think of all the wars and arguments and divisions that have happened since the invention of christianity. The gentiles didn't have a religion and I'm sure big business men like priests saw an untapped market.

no comment.

Last edited:

I. And I say it is impossible for every Christian in the world to be a friend of death penalty, because Jesus Christ himselve personally was once a victim of death penalty. Specially I agree with Pope Francis that it is essential for Catholics to fight against death penalty. I'm convinced death penalty is not compatible with the catholic faith nor with the will of god.

no comment.

In other words, you don't disagree with what we said. Got it.

Annas and Caiaphas were a piece of work. Do you believe people should have also kept quiet about Nixon and Watergate; Obama and unconstitutional Executive Orders; Hillary and Benghazi and her unsecured emails?

You know the mind of God? God probably did foresee all possibilities, and worked with the one that men chose/arranged. The first possibility is that all accepted Christ and his news/message--and there was no need for him to be crucified.

If everyone welcomed Christ's teachings, then we would all be Christians.

Believe it or not, there are people in this world who do not just see the world in terms of dollars and cents--they see beyond to a greater glory. This glory eclipses the business world and it is their joy to guide people ever closer to God.

Annas and Caiaphas were a piece of work. Do you believe people should have also kept quiet about Nixon and Watergate; Obama and unconstitutional Executive Orders; Hillary and Benghazi and her unsecured emails?

You know the mind of God? God probably did foresee all possibilities, and worked with the one that men chose/arranged. The first possibility is that all accepted Christ and his news/message--and there was no need for him to be crucified.

If everyone welcomed Christ's teachings, then we would all be Christians.

Believe it or not, there are people in this world who do not just see the world in terms of dollars and cents--they see beyond to a greater glory. This glory eclipses the business world and it is their joy to guide people ever closer to God.
You should stop worrying about a fictitious place called heaven and start worrying about this planet. YOLO

You worry about your soul and what's going to happen to it after you die and I worry about the planet and the humans I leave behind after I die. One is selfish the other is not.

You should stop worrying about a fictitious place called heaven and start worrying about this planet. YOLO

You worry about your soul and what's going to happen to it after you die and I worry about the planet and the humans I leave behind after I die. One is selfish the other is not.

While admittedly I am not that big on worrying, whether it is about heaven or this planet, I do work towards both as both are meritorious, not to mention rewarding endeavors in the here and now--not just in the future. It does not have to be one or the other. Most of us aren't among those who can't walk and chew gum at the same time. ;)

While admittedly I am not that big on worrying, whether it is about heaven or this planet, I do work towards both as both are meritorious, not to mention rewarding endeavors in the here and now--not just in the future. It does not have to be one or the other. Most of us aren't among those who can't walk and chew gum at the same time. ;)
But that's the problem with Christianity. They don't worry about the planet because the bible says nothing about global warming. They think they know how/when/why the end will come. It has been prophesied. So do you now see how Religion can be bad? Many Christians run around polluting and denying global warming because they are ignorant. Religion helps keep them that way.

Watch a US senator cite the Bible to prove that humans aren't causing global warming

But that's the problem with Christianity. They don't worry about the planet because the bible says nothing about global warming. They think they know how/when/why the end will come. It has been prophesied. So do you now see how Religion can be bad? Many Christians run around polluting and denying global warming because they are ignorant. Religion helps keep them that way.

Watch a US senator cite the Bible to prove that humans aren't causing global warming
I would rather listen to what scientists say about humans and global warming. Neither politicians (or popes) are the people to consult on this.

As for the other part of your post. I am guessing your only experience with Christianity is among the smaller denominations. Catholics, Orthodox, etc. believe that mankind is supposed to be stewards of the earth--and you will find many people in these faiths involved in environmental causes. Nor do these larger denominations pay any attention to those smaller denominations that are constantly announcing the end is near, that there will be a "rapture", etc. The larger denominations are familiar with apocalyptic literature and its purpose.

Ironically, the Book of Revelation was written to people of the early first century, reminding them of other times of stress and of how God was always with His people to turn things around. As the eras of mankind marched on, people came to the conclusion that while people can bring about good times for lengthy periods of time--in the end things always crumble. Instead of announcing a time of peace, the announcement became "The Day of the Lord" where God will have to take over before peace and prosperity ever become permanent.

What we have now is a small vocal group announcing End Times rather than assuring everyone that things (with God's help) will once again turn around. It's unfortunate--but it is only a small group. Most of us think of world's end as the moment of our death, when the world ends for us as individuals. Like you, we want to have been part of ushering in another era of peace for the next generation--not one of chaos.

I would rather listen to what scientists say about humans and global warming. Neither politicians (or popes) are the people to consult on this.

As for the other part of your post. I am guessing your only experience with Christianity is among the smaller denominations. Catholics, Orthodox, etc. believe that mankind is supposed to be stewards of the earth--and you will find many people in these faiths involved in environmental causes. Nor do these larger denominations pay any attention to those smaller denominations that are constantly announcing the end is near, that there will be a "rapture", etc. The larger denominations are familiar with apocalyptic literature and its purpose.

Ironically, the Book of Revelation was written to people of the early first century, reminding them of other times of stress and of how God was always with His people to turn things around. As the eras of mankind marched on, people came to the conclusion that while people can bring about good times for lengthy periods of time--in the end things always crumble. Instead of announcing a time of peace, the announcement became "The Day of the Lord" where God will have to take over before peace and prosperity ever become permanent.

What we have now is a small vocal group announcing End Times rather than assuring everyone that things (with God's help) will once again turn around. It's unfortunate--but it is only a small group. Most of us think of world's end as the moment of our death, when the world ends for us as individuals. Like you, we want to have been part of ushering in another era of peace for the next generation--not one of chaos.
I think we all worry about the kind of world we leave for our children. I never thought it would be so bad.

Pope calls for worldwide abolition of death penalty

There is no evidence that it acts as a deterrent, so its application is purely revenge/punishment.

Is he right or misguided ?

It always cracks me up when lefties try to use what the Pope says to try and get us to change our laws. Especially when they are always accusing the right of being religious nuts that want theocracy.
It was actually a question. Obviously you missed that.

There is no evidence that it acts as a deterrent, so its application is purely revenge/punishment.

Not true that it isn't a deterrent. For one, the guilty won't be able to kill again.

I would sayPope Francis is misguided like a misguided missile :uhoh3:.

You are misleading on your own. It's completly impossible for any Christian in the world to be a friend of death penalty.

Incorrect. The Bible reads, "Ultimately, every sin we commit should result in the death penalty because the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23). Thankfully, God demonstrates His love for us in not condemning us (Romans 5:8)."

That sounds quite extreme, so let's see what Jesus says.

"When the Pharisees brought a woman who was caught in the act of adultery to Jesus and asked Him if she should be stoned, Jesus replied, “If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her” (John 8:7). This should not be used to indicate that Jesus rejected capital punishment in all instances. Jesus was simply exposing the hypocrisy of the Pharisees. The Pharisees wanted to trick Jesus into breaking the Old Testament law; they did not truly care about the woman being stoned (where was the man who was caught in adultery?) God is the One who instituted capital punishment: “Whoever sheds man's blood, by man his blood shall be shed, for in the image of God He made man” (Genesis 9:6). Jesus would support capital punishment in some instances. Jesus also demonstrated grace when capital punishment was due (John 8:1-11)."

So in some cases, Jesus would support capital punishment.

I think we all worry about the kind of world we leave for our children. I never thought it would be so bad.
It's not. You've been listening to Republicans too much.

Think about it. If McCain were finishing his second term you'd be praising these results and you'd be calling us winers

Not true that it isn't a deterrent. For one, the guilty won't be able to kill again.

I would sayPope Francis is misguided like a misguided missile :uhoh3:.

You are misleading on your own. It's completly impossible for any Christian in the world to be a friend of death penalty.

Incorrect. The Bible reads, "Ultimately, every sin we commit should result in the death penalty because the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23). Thankfully, God demonstrates His love for us in not condemning us (Romans 5:8)."

Letter from Paul to the Romans chapter 5 and 6:
-----
Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will scarcely die for a righteous person - though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die - but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God. For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to god by the death of his son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life. More than that, we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.

Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned - for sin indeed was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not counted where there is no law. Yet death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those whose sinning was not like the transgression of Adam, who was a type of the one who was to come. But the free gift is not like the trespass. For if many died through one man’s trespass, much more have the grace of God and the free gift by the grace of that one man Jesus Christ abounded for many. And the free gift is not like the result of that one man’s sin. For the judgment following one trespass brought condemnation, but the free gift following many trespasses brought justification. For if, because of one man’s trespass, death reigned through that one man, much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ. Therefore, as one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men. For as by the one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man’s obedience the many will be made righteous. Now the law came in to increase the trespass, but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, so that, as sin reigned in death, grace also might reign through righteousness leading to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it? Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life. For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his. We know that our old self was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin. For one who has died has been set free from sin. Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him. For the death he died he died to sin, once for all, but the life he lives he lives to God. So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus. Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, to make you obey its passions. Do not present your members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness, but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and your members to God as instruments for righteousness. For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace.

What then? Are we to sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means! Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness? But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness. I am speaking in human terms, because of your natural limitations. For just as you once presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness leading to sanctification. For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. But what fruit were you getting at that time from the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death. But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and its end, eternal life. For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

-----

----

That sounds quite extreme, so let's see what Jesus says.

"When the Pharisees brought a woman who was caught in the act of adultery to Jesus and asked Him if she should be stoned, Jesus replied, “If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her” (John 8:7). This should not be used to indicate that Jesus rejected capital punishment in all instances. Jesus was simply exposing the hypocrisy of the Pharisees. The Pharisees wanted to trick Jesus into breaking the Old Testament law; they did not truly care about the woman being stoned (where was the man who was caught in adultery?) God is the One who instituted capital punishment: “Whoever sheds man's blood, by man his blood shall be shed, for in the image of God He made man” (Genesis 9:6). Jesus would support capital punishment in some instances. Jesus also demonstrated grace when capital punishment was due (John 8:1-11)."

So in some cases, Jesus would support capital punishment.

John 8, 2-12:
----
Early in the morning he came again to the temple. All the people came to him, and he sat down and taught them. The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in adultery, and placing her in the midst they said to him, "Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of adultery. Now in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. So what do you say?" This they said to test him, that they might have some charge to bring against him. Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground. And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, "Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her." And once more he bent down and wrote on the ground. But when they heard it, they went away one by one, beginning with the older ones, and Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him. Jesus stood up and said to her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?" She said, "No one, Lord." And Jesus said, "Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more." Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
----
Genesis 9, 1-17:
----
And God blessed Noah and his sons and said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth. The fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth and upon every bird of the heavens, upon everything that creeps on the ground and all the fish of the sea. Into your hand they are delivered. Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything. But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood. And for your lifeblood I will require a reckoning: from every beast I will require it and from man. From his fellow man I will require a reckoning for the life of man. "Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed, for God made man in his own image. And you, be fruitful and multiply, increase greatly on the earth and multiply in it." Then God said to Noah and to his sons with him, "Behold, I establish my covenant with you and your offspring after you, and with every living creature that is with you, the birds, the livestock, and every beast of the earth with you, as many as came out of the ark; it is for every beast of the earth. I establish my covenant with you, that never again shall all flesh be cut off by the waters of the flood, and never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth." And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations: I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. When I bring clouds over the earth and the bow is seen in the clouds, I will remember my covenant that is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh. And the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. When the bow is in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth." God said to Noah, "This is the sign of the covenant that I have established between me and all flesh that is on the earth."
-----

-----

Last edited:

The current global warming is a manmade problem. Manmade problems need manmade solutions. To do nothing in case of global warming is not compatible with the christian faith, it is a sin. In general says the bible that we are the crown of gods creation. That's not a fantasy nor a prophecy or anything like this - that's a fact. The human race is the king of gods creation. To be the kings means to be responsible in the eyes of the Lord. It's our job to take care for all and every life on planet Earth. Life is the center of the christian religion.

Last edited:

The current global warming is a manmade problem. Manmade problems need manmade solutions. To do nothing in case of global warming is not compatible with the christian faith, it is a sin. In general says the bible that we are the crown of gods creation. That's not a fantasy nor a prophecy or anything like this - that's a fact. The human race is the king of gods creation. To be the kings means to be responsible in the eyes of the Lord. It's our job to take care for all and every life on planet Earth. Life is the center of the christian religion.

We are only the kings of this 1 tiny little planet.

We are the crown of gods creation and that's a fact? Have you been to any other solar systems in the universe?

Oh, and for billions of years trilobites and dinosaurs were the crown jewel of god's creation. What happened to them? Did they eat a apple from the tree of life?

Without the gigantic universe all around us we could not exist. It's nearly endless but not really endless and everywhere at every time are the same laws. Wer are able to understand this laws because they are within us too. But if we like to change something in this universe in a greater distance then we will need unbelievable high powers. And as far as I can see we would only destroy ourselve with this powers as long as all human beings are not ready to accept their responsibilities in the eyes of the Lord.

We are the crown of gods creation and that's a fact?

Exactly: That's a fact! What means specially: We are responsible in the eyes of the Lord. And I warn everyone specially you now: I will not go to my father in the end of time and will tell him: "Sorry god, we killed what you created". I will send you to do so if we really make it this way.

Have you been to any other solar systems in the universe?

And now you show senseless agressions in a communication with another member of your own species. The reason why you do so is a defect of your psychological structure made by a lack or a wrong from of education, what seems to tell you, that you are a better kind of human being in your darwinstic way of life, if you win in a communication your own lonelyliness.

Oh, and for billions of years trilobites and dinosaurs were the crown jewel of god's creation. What happened to them? Did they eat a apple from the tree of life?

It's by the way interesting in this context that our form to be mammalians was a result of the existance of the dinos. And it's also interesting to watch a dino becoming a bird within only some millions of years of change. And if you like to know something about the special role of human beings then try to speak for example about the Plejads or for example the mathematical function "y=ln(x)" with any other lifeform on our planet.

Last edited:

Without the gigantic universe all around us we could not exist. It's nearly endless but not really endless and everywhere at every time are the same laws. Wer are able to understand this laws because they are within us too. But if we like to change something in this universe in a greater distance then we will need unbelievable high powers. And as far as I can see we would only destroy ourselve with this powers as long as all human beings are not ready to accept their responsibilities in the eyes of the Lord.

We are the crown of gods creation and that's a fact?

Exactly: That's a fact! What means specially: We are responsible in the eyes of the Lord. And I warn everyone specially you now: I will not go to my father in the end of time and will tell him: "Sorry god, we killed what you created". I will send you to do so if we really make it this way.

Have you been to any other solar systems in the universe?

And now you show senseless agressions in a communication with another member of your own species. The reason why you do so is a defect of your psychological structure made by a lack or a wrong from of education, what seems to tell you, that you are a better kind of human being in your darwinstic way of life, if you win in a communication your own lonelyliness.

It's by the way interesting in this context that our form to be mammalians was a result of the existance of the dinos. And it's also interesting to watch a dino becoming a bird within only some millions of years of change. And if you like to know something about the special role of human beings then try to speak for example about the Plejads or for example the mathematical function "y=ln(x)" with any other lifeform on our planet.

You said we are able to understand the universe because it is within us. Is that true for a frog? Because the same stuff is inside that frog. Also consider that there may be other life-forms out there in the universe that are smarter than we are. Just like we look at a frog they look at us. If that's possible or if that's true then how does that make us the Crown Jewel of the universe?

Forum List

Back