The price of not being PC

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
NYC Goes Full Nazi: Fines Citizens Up To $250,000 for Accurately Referring to Drag Queens - Freedom Outpost

In a previous article, "NYC to Enact Legal Consequences for Using Wrong Pronoun with Transgenders," the government of New York City, headed by Mayor Bill De Blasio, indicated individuals could suffer legal consequences by using the wrong pronoun when addressing a transgender individual. One could/would be fined for saying "he" instead of "she," if the person was a male dressed as a woman. In days gone by, it was known as "drag."

New York City did update its discrimination law to indicate that employers and covered entities could be imposed civil penalties "up to $125,000 for violations, and up to $250,000 for violations that are the result of willful, wanton, or malicious conduct." This update could prove crippling for small business owners should they be found in violation.

Watch what you say, or you will pay.

America, 2015.
Fortunately for me I don't live in NYC, otherwise I'd be bankrupt post haste. :p

"Political correctness is America's newest form of intolerance, and it is especially pernicious because it comes disguised as tolerance. It presents itself as fairness, yet attempts to restrict and control people's language with strict codes and rigid rules. I'm not sure that's the way to fight discrimination. I'm not sure silencing people or forcing them to alter their speech is the best method for solving problems that go much deeper than speech." -- George Carlin

America, 2015.
Fortunately for me I don't live in NYC, otherwise I'd be bankrupt post haste. :p

"Political correctness is America's newest form of intolerance, and it is especially pernicious because it comes disguised as tolerance. It presents itself as fairness, yet attempts to restrict and control people's language with strict codes and rigid rules. I'm not sure that's the way to fight discrimination. I'm not sure silencing people or forcing them to alter their speech is the best method for solving problems that go much deeper than speech." -- George Carlin
Carlin really nailed it.

Turns out the story is correct.

NYC Commission on Human Rights Announces Strong Protections for City's Transgender

Not being PC now makes you subject to significant penalties.

America, 2015.

I didn't fail, you attacked source and the source linked. As for fining someone for this? Complete BS and it would fail on the first challenge. You idiot leftists are constantly out doing yourselves on stupid shit.

I'll bet you whiners think that an employer in NYC can be fined $125,000 for making a mistake when referring to a transgender person by the wrong pronoun.

What you losers always seem to miss is the reason why we need any such protections for certain people in this country. If you read the entire link supplied by Mac......which spares us the bullshit found in the OP's link.....you can get a better idea of the thinking behind the guidelines. These are not new laws, by the way. They are simply guidelines for enforcing existing human rights laws.

I have never been discriminated against in this country for my race, gender nor sexual orientation. But.....I can accept the fact that many people are. And....as a result, we have protections in place. It's a good thing.

Turns out the story is correct.

NYC Commission on Human Rights Announces Strong Protections for City's Transgender

Not being PC now makes you subject to significant penalties.

America, 2015.

Would "shim" be a catch all?
Crazy dude in a dress works
Just not in NY.
NY is quickly becoming another SanFreakshow, let it rot

I didn't fail, you attacked source and the source linked. As for fining someone for this? Complete BS and it would fail on the first challenge. You idiot leftists are constantly out doing yourselves on stupid shit.

Mac the leftist? Who knew ? :eek:

It's shocking revelations like this that can really spoil your day.

Mac the leftist? Who knew ? :eek:

It's shocking revelations like this that can really spoil your day.

Nah, the idiot Candy Corn, Mac is no leftist

Thank God they don't enforce those kinds of rules here on USMB - it would be a wasteland.

I think it's funny people are all for this but have no problem blasting people here (like there is any difference)....

Forum List

Back