The Reason for Poverty Among Blacks is Not Racism

I think that was law school, but the point remains: grad programs were admitting lower-scoring blacks over higher-scoring whites since I was in college myself.

edit: never mind….it WAS medical school.

Nope it was medical school. Alan Bakke was not accepted into California medical school in favor of the lesser qualified but black Patrick Chavis. Bakke did go on to become a respected surgeon. Chavis was always an incompetent doctor who killed many of his patients. He lost his license and was shot to death at a Foster's Freeze waiting for an ice cream cone.

A had a black girl ask me to sue Cerritos Junior College because she wasn't admitted to some class. It was full. She was offered a spot to audit the class until someone dropped out. Nope. The basis of her complaint was "the class can't be full. They have white people in the class. " she thought that a white should be told to leave if a black wanted the spot. It's not that bad yet.

A couple of hundred idiots of all colors “stormed” the Capital. There were over a hundred thousand peaceful protestors in the crowd.
Don’t know what the racist said, but I imagine he condemned whitey for a couple of hundred idiots for a few hours on Jan 6, while conveniently ignoring the thousands of BLM barbarians destroying dozens of cities throughout the nation, and for months on end.

These leftists sure have chutzpah!

Nope it was medical school. Alan Bakke was not accepted into California medical school in favor of the lesser qualified but black Patrick Chavis. Bakke did go on to become a respected surgeon. Chavis was always an incompetent doctor who killed many of his patients. He lost his license and was shot to death at a Foster's Freeze waiting for an ice cream cone.

A had a black girl ask me to sue Cerritos Junior College because she wasn't admitted to some class. It was full. She was offered a spot to audit the class until someone dropped out. Nope. The basis of her complaint was "the class can't be full. They have white people in the class. " she thought that a white should be told to leave if a black wanted the spot. It's not that bad yet.
Yeah, I corrected my error. It was medical school.

And that story about the black girl at the junior college does speak to how entitled blacks, or at least some of them, feel about getting admitted to college over whites.

i have some insights to AA that others here don’t, given my work in the field, and I know how the leftists think. They have decided since blacks are 14% of the population, or at least they were when I worked there, that the study body should be made up of 14% blacks. So what they do is lower the cut-off (GPA and test scores) until enough of them can get in, and they meet the 14%.

The challenge is that the GPA and score cut-off have to drop pretty far to get to the 14%. Then it’s a balancing act as to how much damage they are willing to absorb to the reputation of the school if they drop too low. If, for example, a prestigious school has to drop to 3.1 or 3.2 - a decent B student but nothing outstanding - to get to the 14%, should they cut off at 3.4, and be satisfied with a 10%?

Then you have the flip side. In order to make way for the 3.3 blacks, how “high up” do you have to go in rejecting highly qualified whites to make room for them? Do you have to reject the 3.7s? The 3.8s? Then what happens is that the discrepancy between the AA admits and whites becomes even more stark. You have whites with 3.9s and near perfect test scores on one side, and AA admits with 3.3 and pretty decent test scores on the other. The lower qualified AA admits struggle the ENTIRE FOUR YEARS to keep up with their white cohort, and often require lots of tutoring to keep them on the program.

I suppose it was wrong for slaves to complain about their locus of control too

HAHAHAHAHA
The thing is they didn't complain. They endured and eventually became state legislators who wrote righteous laws until they lost their way.

Now they are just victims who can never be successful because... you know... racism.

Yeah, I corrected my error. It was medical school.

And that story about the black girl at the junior college does speak to how entitled blacks, or at least some of them, feel about getting admitted to college over whites.

i have some insights to AA that others here don’t, given my work in the field, and I know how the leftists think. They have decided since blacks are 14% of the population, or at least they were when I worked there, that the study body should be made up of 14% blacks. So what they do is lower the cut-off (GPA and test scores) until enough of them can get in, and they meet the 14%.

The challenge is that the GPA and score cut-off have to drop pretty far to get to the 14%. Then it’s a balancing act as to how much damage they are willing to absorb to the reputation of the school if they drop too low. If, for example, a prestigious school has to drop to 3.1 or 3.2 - a decent B student but nothing outstanding - to get to the 14%, should they cut off at 3.4, and be satisfied with a 10%?

Then you have the flip side. In order to make way for the 3.3 blacks, how “high up” do you have to go in rejecting highly qualified whites to make room for them? Do you have to reject the 3.7s? The 3.8s? Then what happens is that the discrepancy between the AA admits and whites becomes even more stark. You have whites with 3.9s and near perfect test scores on one side, and AA admits with 3.3 and pretty decent test scores on the other. The lower qualified AA admits struggle the ENTIRE FOUR YEARS to keep up with their white cohort, and often require lots of tutoring to keep them on the program.
Blacks are 12% of the population. To be exact, 12.8% homicide and abortion are whittling their numbers down. Hispanics are 19% of the population and growing because of criminal invasion.

Little Johnny... I want you to know that you can never be anything or do anything in this world because racism exists. So you run on down to the store and fetch me another 40.

Yeah... that's a winning hand alright.

The thing is they didn't complain. They endured and eventually became state legislators who wrote righteous laws until they lost their way.

Now they are just victims who can never be successful because... you know... racism.
I agree racism still exists. Thanks

I think that was law school, but the point remains: grad programs were admitting lower-scoring blacks over higher-scoring whites since I was in college myself.

edit: never mind….it WAS medical school.

Yes, it was. Which brings back the point.... Do you think that the medical schools are graduating people who are incompetent?

What everyone forgets about Bakke is he didn't apply to medical school until he was 32 years old, much older than most medical students and far less likely to be trainable. He also scored below the minimum...

You just revealed the problem with democrat policies. Abortion isn't the solution to teenage pregnancy, and bussing kids to better schools also isn't a solution. Fix the problem. Demand accountability. That's the real weakness with your policies. No accountability.
Actually, Democratic policies work just fine when they are applied.

Obama, Clinton, Carter, LBJ, JFK, FDR all advanced black people when they were in charge. The economy expands and things get better for everyone.

REpublicans, of course, bring us recessions, and people arguing over the scraps.

Abortion and Birth control ARE a cure to poverty. As much as Lisa whines all day about the perseverance of her immigrant forbears, the main reason why whites have gotten into the middle class is because of contraception.

Yes, it was. Which brings back the point.... Do you think that the medical schools are graduating people who are incompetent?

What everyone forgets about Bakke is he didn't apply to medical school until he was 32 years old, much older than most medical students and far less likely to be trainable. He also scored below the minimum...

Actually, Democratic policies work just fine when they are applied.

Obama, Clinton, Carter, LBJ, JFK, FDR all advanced black people when they were in charge. The economy expands and things get better for everyone.

REpublicans, of course, bring us recessions, and people arguing over the scraps.

Abortion and Birth control ARE a cure to poverty. As much as Lisa whines all day about the perseverance of her immigrant forbears, the main reason why whites have gotten into the middle class is because of contraception.
So killing humans is a cure for poverty. You're insane.

Um, okay, except that Bakke applied to SEVEN medical schools, all of which felt his grades were too low or he was too old to start the training.

Did Chavis cheat him out of all those slots? Nope.

Except only one patient died because of Chavis' malpractice, not many. For that he lost his license, unlike a lot of white doctors who keep theirs.

Oh, wait, you are a lawyer this week, when you aren't a painter or a shop owner.

Hold on, I think ECB is actually BARBIE.

Vegasgiants : Little Johnny... I want you to know that you can never be anything or do anything in this world because racism exists. So you run on down to the store and fetch me another 40.

ding: Yeah... that's a winning hand alright. :rolleyes:

Um, okay, except that Bakke applied to SEVEN medical schools, all of which felt his grades were too low or he was too old to start the training.

Did Chavis cheat him out of all those slots? Nope.

Except only one patient died because of Chavis' malpractice, not many. For that he lost his license, unlike a lot of white doctors who keep theirs.

Oh, wait, you are a lawyer this week, when you aren't a painter or a shop owner.

Hold on, I think ECB is actually BARBIE.
I am the same this week as last week, retired. Yes I paint, because people pay me. Just because you are a worthless, talentless hack doesn't, mean everyone is.

Forum List

Back