The RED FLAGS are waving inches from our faces. How many even notice them?

I simply avoid the China label whenever possible. Not an easy task.
China makes inferior products, especially auto parts. Pure garbage.

Saying no to China starts with Americans themselves.

Some products China makes are inferior, some are the best to be found.

Sometimes buying American is the right thing to do, but I am not going to buy American when it is not the best deal.

For example over the last two years I bought two new cars. The first we wanted a small sedan type that got good mileage. We ended up with a Kia, nothing any US car company made came close to the combination of value and price. Then the next purchase we wanted something big enough to travel comfortably in, including the dog. We got a Ford mid-sized SUV, far and away the best deal we could find.

If an American company wants me to buy their product they have to do better than merely stamping "made in America" on it.

allegiance to America vs. corporate interests can be dealt with far before the consumer needs to decide Gator

~S~

Corporations should have not allegiance to America, that is very anti-capitalist idea. Their only allegiance should be to their shareholder and stakeholders.
That's why I suggested that the government intervene and find a solution to our nations dependence on China through legislation.

Not denying lots of cheaply/poorly made products come from China, but that doesn’t mean fine quality goods aren’t also coming from there.

Worked for two companies that were very well known American brands of certain consumer items, both industry leaders with reputations for fine quality, value, etc. Between the two we bought well over $100M worth of product from Chinese factories and never had any quality issues with the products. But there’s a reason for that. We supervised, with boots on the ground, specing of all raw materials to be used, manufacturing procedures/operations to be utilized, and lots of other stuff. Bottom line if the factory wanted our, say, $3M order they were gonna make our product our way.

Now, met several Americans from various companies while over there who learned the hard way how to make product in China. If you simply give them one of your widgets to manufacture, without doing what we did, they’d make something that looked exactly like it but out of crap materials and whatever manufacturing procedures that allowed them to spit out as many as possible a day.

Sometimes buying American is the right thing to do, but I am not going to buy American when it is not the best deal.

For example over the last two years I bought two new cars. The first we wanted a small sedan type that got good mileage. We ended up with a Kia, nothing any US car company made came close to the combination of value and price. Then the next purchase we wanted something big enough to travel comfortably in, including the dog. We got a Ford mid-sized SUV, far and away the best deal we could find.

If an American company wants me to buy their product they have to do better than merely stamping "made in America" on it.

allegiance to America vs. corporate interests can be dealt with far before the consumer needs to decide Gator

~S~

Corporations should have not allegiance to America, that is very anti-capitalist idea. Their only allegiance should be to their shareholder and stakeholders.
That's why I suggested that the government intervene and find a solution to our nations dependence on China through legislation.

So, you want the government to have even more control and influence over our private corporations and businesses?

I assume you are voting for Bernie this election?

~S~

So, you want the government to have even more control and influence over our private corporations and businesses?

I assume you are voting for Bernie this election?
If you are an American & out of country and shipping in products yes. You're no different than any other nation seeking to make a buck at our expense at that point.

Your second comment just means taking you off ignore was a mistake. No time for retards.

~S~

You a small-government Republican?

That's not feasible. The global economy doesn't work that way.

The reason why we buy more from abroad than foreigners buy from us is because we don't save enough. Because we don't save enough, we have to import capital from abroad. This means that foreign currency floods into the country to finance our consumption and spending. Americans, or more accurately American financial institutions, now hold foreign currencies. Those foreign currencies are useless to Americans if they aren't spent. So they are spent on the goods and services from that country. The reason why we have a trade deficit with China, Germany et al is because those countries save more than they spend and export their capital abroad. We spend more than we save, so we need to import capital to finance our consumption.

Countries which have excess savings have a trade surplus. Countries which do not have enough savings have a trade deficit. If you passed a law which tried to balance imports with exports, the economy would collapse because we would have to curtail our spending. The only way for us to exactly balance our trade is if we exactly balanced our savings with our consumption. So the only way for us to have a balanced trade account is if Americans saved more or spent less.

As for the virus, even if we did zero trade with China, it would still affect us. The problem now isn't supply chains. The problem now is demand. If more people are getting sick and more people are scared of human contact, that will curtail demand.

We know the “global economy” doesn’t work that way, dolt. That’s the point. We need to move away from dependence on China. Free trade is great, but only with other free countries, not communist regimes.

~S~

Go play in your political box and troll someone there. Your contributions to this thread are the equivalent of arguing with a teenage girl about when she should wear makeup.

Bugoff

The reason why we buy more from abroad than foreigners buy from us is because we don't save enough. Because we don't save enough, we have to import capital from abroad. This means that foreign currency floods into the country to finance our consumption and spending. Americans, or more accurately American financial institutions, now hold foreign currencies. Those foreign currencies are useless to Americans if they aren't spent. So they are spent on the goods and services from that country. The reason why we have a trade deficit with China, Germany et al is because those countries save more than they spend and export their capital abroad. We spend more than we save, so we need to import capital to finance our consumption.

Countries which have excess savings have a trade surplus. Countries which do not have enough savings have a trade deficit. If you passed a law which tried to balance imports with exports, the economy would collapse because we would have to curtail our spending. The only way for us to exactly balance our trade is if we exactly balanced our savings with our consumption. So the only way for us to have a balanced trade account is if Americans saved more or spent less.

As for the virus, even if we did zero trade with China, it would still affect us. The problem now isn't supply chains. The problem now is demand. If more people are getting sick and more people are scared of human contact, that will curtail demand.

We know the “global economy” doesn’t work that way, dolt. That’s the point. We need to move away from dependence on China. Free trade is great, but only with other free countries, not communist regimes.

:lol:

Says the American “conservative” working in Germany.

You keep writing code. I’ll keep understanding economics.

~S~

No

~S~

No
My values are not the subject of the thread.

Focus and stop playing troll games with that bull dyke

:lol:

Says the American “conservative” working in Germany.

You keep writing code. I’ll keep understanding economics.

You’ve got a problem with Americans stationed overseas working for the military?

And yes, I’ll keep technology running while you fumble at economics, the biggest joke of a profession in the world.

20200309_201814.jpg
20200309_201837.jpg

Forum List

Back