The repubican party should fight to legalize pot!

Yeah.. having to work.. be responsible.. pay for your own shit... we're sure to ones like you, that does suck

Hey, I've worked hard as a musician and now a painter. We live very comfortably. I did it staying as far away from your reality as possible.

What does " we're sure to ones like you" mean. It makes no sense, but two idiots agreed with you they probably gave you positive rep too.

And your lifestyle was made possible by those who kept grounded in reality and provided you with the infrastructure to pursue more esoteric living.

If you had to kill your own food you wouldnt have time to be so artsy.

How many people have to kill their own food?

Yeah.. having to work.. be responsible.. pay for your own shit... we're sure to ones like you, that does suck

Hey, I've worked hard as a musician and now a painter. We live very comfortably. I did it staying as far away from your reality as possible.

What does " we're sure to ones like you" mean. It makes no sense, but two idiots agreed with you they probably gave you positive rep too.

Worked as a musician for 4 years before I got my shit together and joined the Army... much better than the lifestyle of a musician who never knew where the next gig would come from

To ones like you.. it was a simple statement... ones like you who think that if you don't or can't meet your personal responsibility for your own personal upkeep, that someone else is indeed responsible for availing it and paying for it... for you or the specific groups of people you feel are 'needy'

I met my personal responsibilities and was responsible for my own upkeep. What the hell are you babbling about? As an artist, it is a lot more difficult to keep yourself going than if you have a straight job. I never ever depended on any public assistance.

Last edited:
no one has addressed the issue of policing driving while stoned.

Same laws as alcohol has now.

Oh...and while we're at it, let's make it illegal under the age of 18 or 21 as well...just like alcohol. I mean...what's the difference?...alcohol or pot?

No, how do you monitor it?

Breathalyser...same deal...one sensitive to marijuana. This isn't rocket science here.

Same laws as alcohol has now.

Oh...and while we're at it, let's make it illegal under the age of 18 or 21 as well...just like alcohol. I mean...what's the difference?...alcohol or pot?

Breathalyser...same deal...one sensitive to marijuana. This isn't rocket science here.

You understand there is no sucj thing, right?

Really? Well...let's see...WE COULD INVENT ONE!!! :rofl:

Or...we could give the manual little test they give drunk drivers...you know...stand straight and touch your nose with your eyes closed type 'o' bullshit. If it's good enough for drunk drivers, why wouldn't it be good enough for marijuana users?

Or...we could give the manual little test they give drunk drivers...you know...stand straight and touch your nose with your eyes closed type 'o' bullshit. If it's good enough for drunk drivers, why wouldn't it be good enough for marijuana users?

OK so there is no way to test people for driving while stoned. Which means people could do it with impunity. Let's see how that works out.
While you're inventing such a breathalyzer why don't you invent a pill that will make leftists smarter? That would solve all our problems right there.

The Republican party will never support the legalization of cannabis.

Wanna know why?

It was made illegal by a man named Anslinger who didn't like brown or black people (the primary consumers of cannabis) and wanted to lock them up.

The current GOP is looking for the same thing. Wanna talk about the stop and frisk laws? How about the checking of a person's citizenship in AZ?

If you support keeping cannabis illegal, you're at the very least a bigot, but, considering the evidence, you're probably a racist.

Blacks are arrested for holding pot at a rate of around 8 times what someone who is white.

And yeah......................I'm white and think that what's going on with the pot arrests of blacks is criminal.

do you realize that was during thr FDR administration?

and show us the laws that target only blacks. While you are at it show us how whites are not arrested for pot.

If not, it''s you that is the bigot and a lair

:bsflag:

Interesting that so many people are against a plant that has been PROVEN to be medically beneficial for over 2,000 years.

Not only did the Hebrews back in Israel (Biblical times) use it as medicine and also for recreation, but it has also been recognized by those in ancient China as well (and they knew a thing or two about herbs).

The only reason it was made illegal was because some racist idiot named Anslinger had a hard on for locking up the Blacks and Hispanics (who were the primary consumers of cannabis).

Matter of fact, there have even been studies done as late as the 1960's to check on it's benefit as well as it's addictive properties. Know what all of them found? It is not only has medicinal benefits, but it is also non addictive as well.

Nobody ever died from a pot overdose.

Oh yeah............................wanna know how to sober up after smoking? Eat something that has a lot of sugar and carbohydrates...................it counteracts the effects of THC, and around 30 min to an hour, you're pretty much sober again.

Which is why stoners get the munchies.

Legalize it.

Or.........................if you're not willing to make it legal for general consumption, at least remove it from Schedule I class drugs and put it into a lower class like Schedule II or III.

Schedule I drugs are considered to be highly addictive (marijuana isn't), as well as are considered to have no medicinal value (although, many doctors and studies have proven that it DOES have medicinal value).

I mean...............................cocaine (a Schedule II drug) is considered to have medicinal qualities, even though it can be addictive.

My personal opinion? You should be able to grow your own, sell it at the farmer's market if you wish, or buy it from the corner mini-mart if you wish (just like alcohol).

OK so there is no way to test people for driving while stoned. Which means people could do it with impunity. Let's see how that works out.
While you're inventing such a breathalyzer why don't you invent a pill that will make leftists smarter? That would solve all our problems right there.

Ummmmm...that's simply not true!

Ummmmm...that's simply not true!

Then please link to the device that measures levels of THC in the blood.

Wanna know why?

It was made illegal by a man named Anslinger who didn't like brown or black people (the primary consumers of cannabis) and wanted to lock them up.

The current GOP is looking for the same thing. Wanna talk about the stop and frisk laws? How about the checking of a person's citizenship in AZ?

If you support keeping cannabis illegal, you're at the very least a bigot, but, considering the evidence, you're probably a racist.

Blacks are arrested for holding pot at a rate of around 8 times what someone who is white.

And yeah......................I'm white and think that what's going on with the pot arrests of blacks is criminal.

and show us the laws that target only blacks. While you are at it show us how whites are not arrested for pot.

For every 1 white person arrested for possession of cannabis, there are over 8 blacks arrested for the same thing.

You may wish to read up on why it was made illegal in the first place.

If you can, watch a documentary called "Grass" narrated by Woody Harrelson. Yeah, you may think it's biased, but all of it can be researched and found to be true. How do I know? Because I watched it and checked it out.

Grass: A Marijuana History (1999) | Watch Documentary Free Online

Legalize it.

Or.........................if you're not willing to make it legal for general consumption, at least remove it from Schedule I class drugs and put it into a lower class like Schedule II or III.

Schedule I drugs are considered to be highly addictive (marijuana isn't), as well as are considered to have no medicinal value (although, many doctors and studies have proven that it DOES have medicinal value).

I mean...............................cocaine (a Schedule II drug) is considered to have medicinal qualities, even though it can be addictive.

Is that not crazy with MJ being a schedule 1 drug? Marijuana and heroin are not even on the same page...not even close, yet they're rated in the same catagory!

Wanna know why?

For every 1 white person arrested for possession of cannabis, there are over 8 blacks arrested for the same thing.

You may wish to read up on why it was made illegal in the first place.

If you can, watch a documentary called "Grass" narrated by Woody Harrelson. Yeah, you may think it's biased, but all of it can be researched and found to be true. How do I know? Because I watched it and checked it out.

Grass: A Marijuana History (1999) | Watch Documentary Free Online

show us the laws.It's that simple.

BTW perhaps black people should smoke weed in the basement and not on the street corner and then play the race card

stupid is as stupid does

Legalize it.

Is that not crazy with MJ being a schedule 1 drug? Marijuana and heroin are not even on the same page...not even close, yet they're rated in the same catagory!

c'mon

many judges throw out weed possession charges.

Most weed convictions are for selling large amounts.

c'mon

If indeed that happens on a state level...it's not reflected within Federal Law. These two entities need to be in harmony instead of disharmony. The Federal laws need to be changed...plain and simple.

Legalize it.

c'mon

Actually..................not really..................

I was arrested (and spent about a week in jail) for having around 3 grams of pot on me.

Wasn't thrown out, but rather convicted.

Yeah........................I've got a record.

It think issues like this will continue to turn the political axis - away from the traditional left/right split, toward a libertarian/authoritarian divide.

If and when the Republicans do begin taking liberty seriously, the neo-cons and social conservatives will begin to split off and join the Democrats, who seem to be content taking up the authoritarian cause. Could get interesting.

Yes, it will. I believe many social conservatives see their religious liberty being attacked and will stay in the party. The ability to make changes at the local level will keep them in the fold. The few classic liberals left in the Democratic Party will bolt.

The libertarian republican stances on foreign policy and military spending will be the savior of social security, snatching a few more voters from the dems.

If we stick to the Constitution and kick the neocons to the curb, all will be well.

There is a roadside test for drugs where they swab the inside of your cheek. First they have to prove that pot is detrimental to your driving.

Really?

Sounds like a roadside test where they ask you to touch your fingers to your nose and walk a straight line for 10 steps.

It's only after you fail the roadside tests that they ask you to blow into a meter.

Forum List

Back